Trump's dementia accelerating?

Slim Cognito

Re: Trump's dementia accelerating?

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:51 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:17 am
I saw the photo of the teleprompter and the writing was HUGE. I don't know if it's usually that big, (for other speakers) but I would be surprised if that's the case. I wondered myself about the T and the O, and I noticed he was squinting. Just some arrogant observations.
Old eyes. My kindle is set almost as big. He’s to vain for glasses. Also, when he reads the words, he often doesn’t seem to know what the actual sentence is.
With the words that big, (only three lines could fit on the 'prompter), it would be hard to get a feel for where it's going, even if you weren't too damn stubborn to study the speech beforehand.
Goldie, one of our Chinese Cresteds, models her zombie hunter costume for the party.
ImageImageImage x4

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:33 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:03 pm
Whatever4 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:51 am
Slim Cognito wrote:
I saw the photo of the teleprompter and the writing was HUGE. I don't know if it's usually that big, (for other speakers) but I would be surprised if that's the case. I wondered myself about the T and the O, and I noticed he was squinting. Just some arrogant observations.
Old eyes. My kindle is set almost as big. He’s to vain for glasses. Also, when he reads the words, he often doesn’t seem to know what the actual sentence is.
With the words that big, (only three lines could fit on the 'prompter), it would be hard to get a feel for where it's going, even if you weren't too damn stubborn to study the speech beforehand.
requires reading ;)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Or gave no input whatsoever when the speech was written.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
I wondered if that was really the teleprompter set up he's using, or a photoshopped image intended to make him look bad. They looked like the screens you see in church where the words to the hymns are "projected."

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Somerset wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
I wondered if that was really the teleprompter set up he's using, or a photoshopped image intended to make him look bad. They looked like the screens you see in church where the words to the hymns are "projected."
I hadn't considered that.
Goldie, one of our Chinese Cresteds, models her zombie hunter costume for the party.
ImageImageImage x4

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Somerset wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:
But it’s the kind they use in TV studios, where the space is tight.
Edit: I googled teleprompter and got both types. On the big screen type, there are only 5-7 lines anyway. The other type looks to be for larger venues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Somerset wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:
If dotus really has a eye sight problem then the standard teleprompter with text refelcting from glass or text on a display in front of him may be too small to read. The large screen at a distance may have been a compromise.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 pm

He’s over 70. I’m pretty sure he has an eye sight problem.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Somerset wrote:

If dotus really has a eye sight problem then the standard teleprompter with text refelcting from glass or text on a display in front of him may be too small to read. The large screen at a distance may have been a compromise.
Perhaps. But then how did he read the rest of the speech reasonably accurately? It's not like "Texas" and "Ohio" were in a smaller font.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm

This is a reach, but -- you know the massive ICE raid in Mississippi? He's sure to have been briefed on it ahead of time. And they don't do raids on this scale very often. The last time was a year ago. In Toledo, Ohio.

Perhaps he was told that, and with his famous lack of attention to detail, conflated the location of that raid with the location of one of the recent shootings.
I've heard this bull before.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:24 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm
This is a reach, but -- you know the massive ICE raid in Mississippi? He's sure to have been briefed on it ahead of time. And they don't do raids on this scale very often. The last time was a year ago. In Toledo, Ohio.

Perhaps he was told that, and with his famous lack of attention to detail, conflated the location of that raid with the location of one of the recent shootings.
Perhaps. I'm more surprised he hasn't gloated via tweet about the Mississippi raids. Regardless, carrying out the raids yesterday made for terrible optics given the mass shootings.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:16 am

You know, a few raids in Iowa would damn near wipe out that state's dairy production and might focus our attention on just how stupid the whole policy is. Oh, and it would fuck up Devin Nunes' family, which would be nice bonus.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 am

neonzx wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:24 pm
DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm

Perhaps. I'm more surprised he hasn't gloated via tweet about the Mississippi raids. Regardless, carrying out the raids yesterday made for terrible optics given the mass shootings.
No worries. Our Lt Gov (and front-running) gubernatorial candidate, and the US attorney have him covered on the gloating.

The timing that seemed more important locally was that it happened on the first day of school and the day after our statewide primary elections.

Some interesting information gleaned from the meeting yesterday was that this has been planned for 11 months and nobody thought about what to do with the kids until parents started freaking out and asking what they were going to do with them after ICE showed up. Some were released on site, some transported for processing at the National Guard base, where they had to let the detainees take turns borrowing gov't phones (no danger there) to make child care arrangements, and some were put on buses to a detention center and then turned around and brought back. The state child protective services has not even yet been officially notified of the raid but once they heard about it through the media, they mobilized and had people available to transport kids and act as fosters if necessary.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 am

Grinning Trump gives thumbs-up with baby whose parents were shot dead in El Paso terror attack
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 49086.html

If this don't count, nothing does.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:01 am

Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 am
Grinning Trump gives thumbs-up with baby whose parents were shot dead in El Paso terror attack

Doctors said he appeared to “lack empathy”, while he was filmed bragging to medical staff – who have spent the week dealing with the aftermath of the massacre – about the size of a rally he had previously held there.
Neither does Melania seem to take in the real tragedy. Looks to me as if they need to be caught up in a direct family tragedy to start a process.

pic hidden in case you do not want to strike out at a stupid grinning face
► Show Spoiler

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:02 am

The Baby had been discharged and they brought it back to the hospital. The guy on the left is the babies Uncle, and he is a hard core MAGAtand responsible for bringing the baby back. He said it was what the parents would have wanted.

From the half smiling half pained experession on his face, I dont think meeting his Lardship was the experiance he thought it would be.

I dont know who the woman on the right is, but it looks like she could have cracked some nuts right then.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:06 am

Jeffrey wrote:

From the same article:
Speaking to NPR radio, Tito Anchondo, the child’s uncle, and brother of Andre Anchondo, said: “I think people are misconstruing President Trump’s ideas. My brother was very supportive of Trump.”
Karma is really nasty sometimes. The father/brother died as a direct consequence of the hateful policies he supported.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:14 am

Every one of us knew there was going to be the inevitable photo of Trump posing with victims with his mindless thumbs up. The guy is literally a caricature of his own self at this point.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 am

That’s sad. But maybe what is takes to make some of his people turn around is for it to hit them personally.

I had also noticed that Melania looked about as empathetic as twitler.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 am

"toledo" may not have been a mistake: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/court ... 0190103155
“According to the allegations in the indictment, this pair obtained firearms and components to make explosives as part of a plot to kill and maim others,” Justin E. Herdman, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, said in a news release issued by the Department of Justice. “Law enforcement worked together to thwart this alleged plot, and we will remain vigilant to protect the public from all threats.”

The couple gained law enforcement’s attention last year after Mr. Armstrong expressed a desire to conduct a violent attack. Ms. Lecron frequently posted photographs and comments on social media glorifying mass murders, including the Columbine shooters and Dylann Roof, according to a criminal complaint.
They pled guilty.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:17 pm

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:43 am
"toledo" may not have been a mistake: https://www.toledoblade.com/local/court ... 0190103155
“According to the allegations in the indictment, this pair obtained firearms and components to make explosives as part of a plot to kill and maim others,” Justin E. Herdman, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, said in a news release issued by the Department of Justice. “Law enforcement worked together to thwart this alleged plot, and we will remain vigilant to protect the public from all threats.”

The couple gained law enforcement’s attention last year after Mr. Armstrong expressed a desire to conduct a violent attack. Ms. Lecron frequently posted photographs and comments on social media glorifying mass murders, including the Columbine shooters and Dylann Roof, according to a criminal complaint.
They pled guilty.
Except the teleprompter said "Texas and Ohio" and DOTUS was talking about the mass murder in Dayton two days before, not a thwarted attack in Toledo last year.
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:29 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:01 am
Jeffrey wrote:

pic hidden in case you do not want to strike out at a stupid grinning face
► Show Spoiler

I keep thinking Wussolini can’t go any lower but he always does. I truly can’t imagine any picture that would upset me more than this one, but I’m also sure there will be another and another and another. I know he doesn’t have enough sense to think that posing like this might not be the best idea, but isn’t there at least one aide with brains?

Also too, someone reminded me today that he and Melania went to Pittsburgh right after the synagogue shooting, even though they were asked to wait until the funerals were over. Apparently my idea of ‘be best’ is very different.
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:39 pm

El Paso orphan's family explains Trump photo with baby
The uncle of an infant who lost both parents in the Saturday mass shooting in El Paso that killed more than 20 people defended a photo the president took with the child while giving a thumbs up, The Washington Post reported.
First Lady Melania Trump tweeted photos Thursday of her and the president’s trip to Dayton and El Paso after the shootings over the weekend in both cities.
In one picture, Melania is holding the baby while Trump stands next to her showing a thumbs up. They are joined by Anchondo and his sister, Deborah Ontiveros.

Some people called out the photo online, calling Trump’s smile and thumbs up inappropriate and suggesting he was using the opportunity as a “photo op.”

But Anchondo rejected that criticism, telling NPR that his family members are Republican conservatives, and his brother “was very supportive of Trump.” Instead, Anchondo said that he wanted to “have a human-to-human talk” with the president, despite none of the eight currently hospitalized victims of the shooting reportedly agreeing to meet with Trump.

I want to see his reaction in person," Anchondo told NPR. "I want to see if he's genuine and see if my political views are right or wrong. And see if he feels maybe some kind of remorse for statements that he's made. I just want to have a human-to-human talk with him and see how he feels.

An anonymous White House official told The Washington Post that Trump was told about the baby, and Anchondo was kind to the president during their meeting.

Trump took other thumbs-up photos at the hospital during the visit, too, a White House official said, noting that other such pictures have concerned aides who have encouraged him to strike a more empathetic tone.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -with-baby
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Anchondo was kind to the president during their meeting.
:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

SuzieC
Occupation: Attorney since 1977. Litigator for 33 years. For 8 years so far Admin Law Judge for 3 state agencies.

Post by SuzieC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:25 pm

So what became of their human-to-human talk? Did Trump show any remorse?

My guess would be No, HELL,NO.

Return to “Trump Administration”