Trump's dementia accelerating?

RTH10260

Trump's dementia accelerating?

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:08 am

Picking a whole thread section from Twitter (edited for readability), cause [above] posting by HST's Ghost at https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 5#p1104115

Tom Joseph @TomJChicago
Jul 27

1 What we see now are the remnants of Trump. A jumble of fractured thoughts in an unraveling vessel. These thoughts, the essence that made up a toxic mix of narcissism, depravity & criminality are fading away. Ppl will say"I saw Trump- there's nothing left of him." Let's rewind:

2 "Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name." Who knew? Trump was just a TV clown to most people. How did a money laundering con-man get to the WH? Picture him- "I'm more than a money launderer, I can be SOMEBODY. I can be an American Oligarch, just like the Russian bigwigs"

3 Trump fell hard for Putin, because Putin could shut off his money laundering faucet. Trump was like a low level Associate- "A friend of ours" (I'm mixing Mob lingo here)-not even soldier or capo level in the org. Better yet, he'd show them all he could run dirty for President.

4 Trump auditioned in 2011 w/ his birther scam- a propaganda attack on Obama, he wouldn't let go of. Trump "made his bones" w/ it, and Putin was happy to help him in 2016. What Putin didn't count on was getting caught & Trump becoming an ineffective shell, dominated by dementia.

5 Trump is disintegrating & you can be sure his squad has a menu of phony disease excuses- back, hip, hearing, to hide it. Hiding Khashoggi’s murder & extorting Qatar was routine biz for Jared the Clever, so why not keep Trump afloat. When he humiliates himself, it’s his problem.

6 Trump is a figurehead, unable to perform basic executive functions. He makes appearances. They go badly. Even tweeting has been handed off. Ideas abound about who sends them- Kellyanne, Scavino & Miller rotate or present lists? Check out these grammatically correct dirt bombs.

7 Trump doesn't interact w/ people. He struggles w/ how to speak from a distorted thought pool while trying to impress. He has zero self awareness. The comments can range from silly- “beautiful baby” to belligerent- ”wipe out Afghanistan”. Trump is dominated by dementia 24/7.

8 Watch the GOP sharks start circling when they smell blood in the water when Trump cracks. Haley, Graham & more will either want to be Pence’s VP or bypass Pence & try to get the GOP 2020 nom themselves. Trump won’t be on the ballot. His health decline proves it every day now.

9 Trump supporters don't connect his aberrant behavior to dementia. They ignore obvious loss of speech- slurring & disastrous unintelligible interviews. What they won’t be able to ignore are his worsening physical symptoms like balance, stumbling and/or falling down. It’s coming

10 Last night, Trump badly dragged his leg, swayed & jutted his tongue out. He did not appear to be in pain. He talked mindlessly about "young people" bc he can't think of what to say. I’ve seen this exact pattern up close in Frontotemporal Dementia- PSP.Tom Joseph added,

10+ Watch Trump badly drag his right leg in the first 9 seconds of this video. His right leg is like an appendage he sliding along the floor- the foot even opens up - after his left leg goes forward. He's waddling & moves around when planting his foot for a better balance position

11 Trump sitting at his desk while everybody else stands is more than his regal rudeness. It’s a necessity. Trump requires multiple ways to brace himself & stances for balance & weight distribution. He sits, stands & walks differently than a healthy personTom Joseph added,

11+ Trump's dementia apocalypse. He's a shell. The suit is a costume. Zoned out. Unable to concentrate. He can't stand or turn to face his guests. Her tragic story doesn't register w/ him bc he can't process words. They are fragments. His response shows how lost & disoriented he is …

12 Trump's balance issues were evident last summer at the G7. They were much worse in the fall in Paris. They are, of course, worse today. He's literally at a tipping point. There are examples in layered threads here. Loss of balance is a safety issue, leading to safety measures

13 Sitting at his desk Trump keeps feet pressed to the floor, butt on chair, arms holding the desk. The left palm flat on the desk braces him when he shakes Buzz's hand. He can't sit back in his chair- he'd have no support & would move all over the placeTom Joseph added,

13+ MSM spends a lot of time covering Trump's aberrant behavior & now more time on his cognitive decline. MSM should also cover his physical decline- Involuntary mvmts, balance, slurring & protruding tongue. Note how he…

14 When Trump is on a chair w/o a desk, he sits on the edge to spread his weight between his butt & his legs. If he sat back in an over-stuffed chair, he would move with an ants in his pants writhing. He needs to brace himself by leaning forward.

15 Standing at a podium is another challenge for Trump. He leans forward and hangs on like he's using a walker. He even uses his gut to balance on the podium when he isn't holding on. Video credit to Marco Rubio's cell phone here...Tom Joseph added,

15+ You can see how badly Trump's balance has deteriorated in this side video that looks like it's from Rubio's cellphone. Trump leans & hangs on to the podium. His knees buckle as he loses balances while turning. When he spreads his arms out he puts his gut on the podium for balance …

16 Solo or interaction standing, Trump adopts the classic spread feet, butt back, forward lean, arms out, dementia position. This is a form of compensation and is unsustainable. It can't continue for much longer.

17 Walking- Trump's been careful to avoid situations where he loses balance. He drives golf carts on the green. With Kim he was cautious. With reporters he side shuffles. To the copter, he’s often holding hands. Watch him wobble- unable walk straight hereTom Joseph added,

18 For an overview of Trumps dementia, here’s a thread that has 8 layers of sub-threads for a deep dive going back over a year.

18+ People who are still afraid of the Big Bad Wolf (Trump) need to get over it & take the offensive. Leaving him in the WH w/ obvious dementia is an atrocity. The passive approach of waiting him out is immoral & unpatriotic. It plays in to his denial & his enablers need to stay on
Show this thread

19 Trump’s enablers are willing to run him in to ground bc they simply don’t care. They are opportunists and they each get to be part-time presidents. Whether it’s Ivanka, Jared, Barr, Melania, Mnuchin, Pompeo, Mitch or Miller, they all get a piece of the action.

20 Trump's is reduced to doing the "it's OK to be stupid“ routine. He couldn't remember AOC‘s name so he stumbled around & tried to joke about it. It was a way to cover up his failing mental health in front of the crowd but it ruined his punch line.

21 Here's a new Trump symptom list. Everything on the list is worsening. When new symptoms appear they are added sequentially. If Trump saw a Doctor, they would be horrified by his condition. A neurologist doing a workup would instantly list a dozen more. Eyes, hands, balance etc

22 Projecting violence is a new symptom. He's gone there before but it's in overdrive now. So is his yelling. We saw his yelling this week with Trump going nuts on a reporter.Tom Joseph added,

22+ Double Dementia Alert- Trump is now yelling, screaming & having public tantrums. This goes hand in hand w/ this weeks verbal violence w/ boasts & threats that he could kill 10 mill ppl in Afghanistan. He's getting violent my friends- it's part of the deal. I've seen it up close

23 Keep in mind, we only see a snapshot of Trump when he’s trying for the cameras. The down time tells even more. That's the thing they really hide. The whole routine. I've been looking for a video of him eating- actually chewing food & swallowing, since he's been in the WH.

24 If WH physicians are hiding Trump's condition & keeping him upright, it’s a crime. A huge crime. I don’t give a rat’s ass about HIPAA privacy. Boosting Trump w/ a drug cocktail for dementia (doesn’t slow deterioration) while lying about his health is a crime & they will pay

25 Watching Trump crater from dementia will be a well deserved humiliation for his supporters. They will wear it around their necks for the rest of their lives. Enablers & opportunists who've covered up his dementia & helped extend his stay will face even more severe consequences

Foggy

Trump's dementia accelerating

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:22 am

If this is accurate I think it might be the most important aspect of his presidency, in terms of finding a way to rid ourselves of the orange cancer infecting our government. So I moved it to a new thread. :blink:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Re: Trump's dementia accelerating

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:15 am

I don't know. While I certainly have some suspicions about the state of Trump's mental and physical health, I'm sort of over these sorts of armchair-diagnosis threads. The writer insinuates that White House docs could be medicating Trump and lying about it, and then claims that doing so is a crime for which they will pay. If there's a valid prescription, such treatment would be totally legit, and lying about it in press releases about the President's health would hardly seem any different from any other lie broadcast from the podium of the White House Press Room.

That is is all to say nothing of the fact that no one is going to prosecute doctors who could easily mount the defense that they were keeping the President's condition stable and private in order to prevent him from opening the damn nuclear football and ending the human race in a bout of dementia. Of course the better course would be for them to go to cabinet secretaries and the VP to urge them to invoke the 25th Amendment, but look at the sycophants in Trump's cabinet and say with a straight face that they would ever do that. Similarly, telling the whole world "OMG the President is out of his mind!" would be a really great way to set the man off while he is still Commander-in-Chief whose orders to release nuclear weapons cannot legally be defied by anyone in uniform. So, following the hypothetical: no one is ever going to be punished for any cover-up here.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:34 am

The reason I think it's important is the claim that his physical symptoms are worsening. If it's true that soon it will be difficult to hide his rumblin' stumblin' bumblin', if he falls down a few times, if there are more episodes of him being unable to pronounce words properly ... there will be a storm about it in short order. :daydream:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 am

We can't say he does or does not have dementia. We can say there are signs he does.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 am

Thing is, this was noticed in Ronald Reagan during his term in office and widely discussed, including by doctors specializing in gerontology. But he was surrounded by his team and they and the GOP ensured that no formal questioning of his health would occur, because it was made clear that raising the question would not succeed.
... Dr. Steve Miles, a professor of geriatric medicine at the University of Minnesota, recently wrote a newspaper article saying that he and other geriatricians were concerned during Reagan's presidency by his behavior. Miles said that he and his colleagues even considered appealing publicly for an examination of Reagan to see if he was suffering from Alzheimer's but decided to do nothing "given White House medical reports that all was well".
"We were concerned by the increasing vagueness of his presidency, his inability to speak lucidly outside of brief, tightly controlled settings," Miles wrote in the Star Tribune of Minneapolis.
-- (AP news article)
...Now a clever new analysis has found that during his two terms in office, subtle changes in Mr. Reagan’s speaking patterns linked to the onset of dementia were apparent years before doctors diagnosed his Alzheimer’s disease in 1994.

The researchers found no changes in the speaking patterns of Mr. Bush, who is not known to have developed Alzheimer’s. But in Mr. Reagan’s speech, two measures — use of repetitive words, and substituting nonspecific terms like “thing” for specific nouns — increased toward the end of Mr. Reagan’s presidency, compared with its start. A third measure, his use of unique words, declined.
11/20/80: President-elect Reagan arrives at the White House to receive a job briefing from President Carter, who later reveals that Reagan asked few questions and took no notes, asking instead for a copy of Carter's presentation.

12/18/80: Washington Post: REAGAN ON THE SIDELINES / HE OFTEN SEEMS REMOTE FROM TRANSITION

12/19/80: Washington Post: REAGAN 'IS REALLY RUNNING THINGS,' MEESE TELLS PRESS

1/20/81: Just before 9 a.m. Michael Deaver, stunned that the President-elect is still sleeping, enters his bedroom to remind him that he's "going to be inaugurated."
Says Reagan, "Does that mean I have to get up?"

1/21/81: At his first Cabinet meeting, President Reagan is asked if the Administration has plans to issue an expected Executive Order on cost-cutting. He shrugs. Then, noticing Budget Director David Stockman nodding emphatically, he adds, "I have a smiling fellow at the end of the table who tells me we do."

1/27/81: ...When the band strikes up "Hail to the Chief," Reagan puts his hand over his heart. "Oh!" he says. "I thought this was the national anthem."

3/3/81: In an interview with Walter Cronkite, President Reagan cites a 1938 speech by President Franklin Roosevelt in which he "called on the free world to quarantine Nazi Germany." In fact, FDR made no such speech.

6/12/81: President Reagan fails to recognize his only black Cabinet member, Housing Secretary Samuel Pierce, at a White House reception for big-city mayors.

8/19/81: Ed Meese sees no need to wake President Reagan just to tell him the Navy has shot down two Libyan jets. Defending Meese's decision, Reagan explains, "If our planes are shot down, yes, they'd wake me up right away. If the other fellows were shot down, why wake me up?"

8/31/81: Former movie actor Rex Allen, who spent 45 minutes with President Reagan after presenting him with four pairs of free boots, says, "He acted like there was nothing else in the world he had to do, nothing else on his mind."
Says an unnamed White House aide, "There are times when you really need him to do some work, and all he wants to do is tell stories about his movie days."

9/23/81: President Reagan plays host to welterweight champion Sugar Ray Leonard and his wife. "We're very proud," says the President, "to have Sugar Ray and Mrs. Ray here."

11/23/81: President Reagan vetoes a stopgap spending bill, thus forcing the federal government – for the first time in history – to temporarily shut down. Says House Speaker Tip O'Neill, "He knows less about the budget than any president in my lifetime. He can't even carry on a conversation about the budget. It's an absolute and utter disgrace."

10/2/81: At a White House briefing with Caspar Weinberger, President Reagan is asked how his MX missiles will be deployed. "I don't know but what maybe you haven't gotten into the area that I'm gonna turn over to the, heh heh, to the Secretary of Defense," he says sheepishly.
"The silos will be hardened," Weinberger says, then nods approvingly as Reagan ad-libs, "Yes, I could say this. The plan also includes the hardening of silos."

8/1/84: Stymied by a reporter's question about arms control during a Santa Barbara photo op, President Reagan stands silently for several seconds, grunting and shrugging, until Nancy, beside him, lowers her head and mutters, "Doing everything we can."
Says the leader of the free world, instantly, "We're doing everything we can."

-- Paul Slansky, "The Clothes Have No Emperor"
http://www.theclotheshavenoemperor.com
I've heard this bull before.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 am

A lot of the Reagan examples were not so public. Individual-1 is failing every day in public settings.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:50 am

This thread needs videos.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:08 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:13 am
A lot of the Reagan examples were not so public. Individual-1 is failing every day in public settings.
Here's my arrogant opinion, based on nothing but observations and my experience with geriatric assessments. I'm not diagnosing, I'm observing. This is not airtight and every patient has their own issues. There will always be nuances and I will gladly defer to an expert on the matter.

IN MOST CASES, dementia doesn't change your personality, it exacerbates it.* Many a violent Alzheimer's patient has been removed from his/her nursing home because they attacked other patients. It's a nightmare for the family because nobody else wants them. These people weren't violent before, but they weren't Mother Teresa, either. Think mean drunk.

Reagan, although I despised him as a president, was a charismatic person who loved his wife and respected his advisors.

trump is a hateful, selfish, malignant narcissist who doesn't give a rat's ass about anybody, unless he can benefit from them, and that includes his kids. His wife is a trophy and his kids are his minions. Trump would never follow FLOTUS' lead, as Reagan did Nancy. And I'm not so sure Melania is fond enough of the OSG to try.**

I believe we will see a tipping point, but will it come before the election? I sure as hell hope so.

*There are other factors, trauma being the most obvious, that can cause a change in personality. Trauma can run the gauntlet from falling and hitting your head to a stroke, even a "mild" stroke if it damages the corresponding part of the brain. Also, a bad reaction to medication can manifest itself emotionally. We've all seen the warnings on tv to call your doctor if your "anti depression" medication makes you want to kill yourself or others.

**edited to add: It is also my opinion that Ivanka stayed by daddy's side at his last overseas trip not to advise him so much as to handle him. She seems to be the only person on the planet he actually cares for, which makes her the only person who has a chance of guiding his egomaniacal ass through awkward situations.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am

Maybe what it will take for the base to have some concern is if he takes several falls over the next year. Something really spectacular and visual filmed as he's walking along. Maybe not. :?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:44 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:43 am
Maybe what it will take for the base to have some concern is if he takes several falls over the next year. Something really spectacular and visual filmed as he's walking along. Maybe not. :?
When was the last time we saw him descending AF1 steps?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:45 am

AndyinPA wrote:
That will just be a signal to QAnon

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:47 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:45 am
AndyinPA wrote:
That will just be a signal to QAnon
And the others will blame Obama.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:50 am

I was about to make Slim's point about Reagan. He was a pretty decent person, and competent enough to perform as a movie actor and governor. Trump is none of that.

But more importantly, Reagan had a deep, sincere love for his country. Trump's contempt for America is beyond anything we've ever seen.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Foggy

Re: Trump's dementia accelerating?

Post by Foggy » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 am
We can't say he does or does not have dementia. We can say there are signs he does.
Agreed, so I added a question mark to the title.

But there are many strong signs now. I think we can say that. A few more signs and this could become so big a topic that the Rethugs simply won't be able to ignore it. Then the White House will have to provide an explanation, but will it sell?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am
But there are many strong signs now. I think we can say that. A few more signs and this could become so big a topic that the Rethugs simply won't be able to ignore it. Then the White House will have to provide an explanation, but will it sell?
I once believed the GOP would act as a curb on Trump, that he was their useful idiot who they'd allow to perform until he was no longer useful. I now believe so many in the party are kompromat and/or in it only for personal gain that none dare move against him for fear of retaliation.

So I expect them all to continue to ignore it/deny it/flat-out lie about it.

They really are the party of "I've got mine, Jack - the hell with you (and the country)".
I've heard this bull before.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:48 am

DejaMoo wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am
Foggy wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:23 am
I once believed the GOP would act as a curb on Trump, that he was their useful idiot who they'd allow to perform until he was no longer useful. I now believe so many in the party are kompromat and/or in it only for personal gain that none dare move against him for fear of retaliation.

So I expect them all to continue to ignore it/deny it/flat-out lie about it.

They really are the party of "I've got mine, Jack - the hell with you (and the country)".
:yeah:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: African-American Naomi Anderson was a leader in the suffrage movement in the west, a published poet, barber, community activist, and teacher.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 am

I don't buy it. Trump is the same nasty jerk he always was, lazy and inattentive about work. I don't see signs of dementia. I just see him responding now that he has power.

Michelle Obama: "Power exposes your true character. It releases inhibitions and sets your inner self free. If you’re a jerk when you gain power, you’ll become more of one. If you’re a mensch, you’ll get nicer."

But a stroke, just before the election in November 2020 would be nice.

much ado

Post by much ado » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 pm

When I think of the things I'd like to happen to him, I realize that maybe I'm not a very nice person.

Edit: (But I'd like them to happen anyway.)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

much ado wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:05 pm
When I think of the things I'd like to happen to him, I realize that maybe I'm not a very nice person.

Edit: (But I'd like them to happen anyway.)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 am
I don't buy it. Trump is the same nasty jerk he always was, lazy and inattentive about work. I don't see signs of dementia. I just see him responding now that he has power.
I don’t refer to personality but to increasing flubs in speech that are not normal slip ups and similar signs that appear in videos. They’re getting more frequent and harder to ignore.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:39 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:32 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:56 am
I don’t refer to personality but to increasing flubs in speech that are not normal slip ups and similar signs that appear in videos. They’re getting more frequent and harder to ignore.

I don't always realize how much he's degraded until they up clips from 2016 campaign.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:20 pm

I ran across Tom Joseph's twitter feed the other day. His bio says he is not a medical professional but has experience handling family members with advanced dementia. I don't put a lot of stock into his theories but it will be something to watch. Handlers have been very skilled at hiding presidential infirmities dating back at least to FDR, then there were JFK, Nixon and Reagan.

I normally avoid watching or listening to Trump speak. I happened to run across a clip of the signing ceremony for the 9/11 victims compensation fund extension bill. It was rather shocking to watch. He joked about how they shouldn't worry about the stage collapsing because they wouldn't fall very far. He misspoke several times. You could not watch it and assume this man was normal.

They will have to shoot him up with lots of drugs to get him through the campaign next year.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:47 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:20 pm
I ran across Tom Joseph's twitter feed the other day. His bio says he is not a medical professional but has experience handling family members with advanced dementia. I don't put a lot of stock into his theories but it will be something to watch. Handlers have been very skilled at hiding presidential infirmities dating back at least to FDR, then there were JFK, Nixon and Reagan.

I normally avoid watching or listening to Trump speak. I happened to run across a clip of the signing ceremony for the 9/11 victims compensation fund extension bill. It was rather shocking to watch. He joked about how they shouldn't worry about the stage collapsing because they wouldn't fall very far. He misspoke several times. You could not watch it and assume this man was normal.

They will have to shoot him up with lots of drugs to get him through the campaign next year.
Yabbut Trump hires only the best people, so there's that. :smoking:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:59 pm

There's more wrong with Trump than dementia. He latches onto shiny objects and tweets again and again, ad nauseum. It's Cunningham now. Who's going to be next? He's as secure as a three year-old without a security blanket. I'm no shrink, but there are definitely several things wrong between his ears. It's not a simple case of bats in the belfry.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Return to “Trump Administration”