Trump disgraces himself in Paris, 100th anniversary of WWI Armistice

Shizzle Popped

Re: The Eleventh Hour of the Eleventh Day of the Eleventh Month

Post by Shizzle Popped » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:59 am

kate520 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:53 am
His hair, silly. He went on and on about his wet hair at a rally recently. I bet it smells like wet dog.
His hair ran into a closet when it heard it was raining and refused to come out. It bit an aide when they tried to drag it out. At least that's what some people are saying.
If Trump was a stopped clock he still wouldn't be right twice a day.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Trump disgraces himself in Paris, 100th anniversary of WWI Armistice

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:06 am

My take: He didn't want to mess his hair. He didn't want to honor soldiers who fought against Germany (he's a nationalist, remember). He doesn't have the spiritual strength to confront the wages of war. He don't know nothin' about WWI and didn't want to expose his ignorance. Putin berated him in their meeting and he felt depressed.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Sugar Magnolia

Re: Trump disgraces himself in Paris, 100th anniversary of WWI Armistice

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am

You could have stopped the thread title after the first three words.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

Nah, this thread is for a specific event. :thumbs:
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am
:rotflmao:
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: Helen Keller supported women’s suffrage and was a co-founder of the American Civil Liberties Union.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 am

Sugar M. is right, of course. But Mikedunford asked me to clean up his WWI thread and I said I would, so I moved the posts to a new thread.

Now I am very sad all over again.

This weekend, and the 100th anniversary of the Armistice, should have been totally focused on the nightmare and tragedy of WWI, with all the solemnity that calls for. I loved reading Mikedunford's thread, and I was trying to focus on the actual events of WWI, sad as they are. That war still has meaning and reality and an impact on current events.

But instead, Trump made it all about the clown show again, and like the drooling morons they are, the MSM went right along with it. The story of this weekend was "Trump disgraces himself in Paris at the 100th anniversary of the WWI Armistice." Which has trivial meaning and little connection to reality, regardless whether it dominates current events.

I'd like to see the MSM simply leave him out of the story. Report on the real world leaders. Report on the horror of WWI, the stupidity of the generals who sent untold tens of thousands of men and horses into the teeth of machine guns and gas, the decimation -- in the original Roman sense -- of Europe, based on the venality and ignorance of its leaders.

Go read Mikedunford's thread again. Watch the videos. Click the links. That's who WE are, here on Fogbow. We're a reality-based community, and WWI was reality in a way that Donald Fucking Trump will never be.

More coffee. I need more coffee. :-
Any time my questions are all fully answered, I know I'm asking the wrong questions. - Bernard Samson

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am

I agree Foggy. The MSM has to stop walking into his frame. They KNOW he's a "fame whore" and yet... Let E! cover his reality show ass

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 am

In the early part of this century, I used to confidently tell people that in 100 years, George W. Bush would be recognized as the worst president in American history.

I feel a little foolish about that today. I'd take him back in a heartbeat. :|

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 am

Flatpointhigh wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:34 am
I agree Foggy. The MSM has to stop walking into his frame. They KNOW he's a "fame whore" and yet... Let E! cover his reality show ass
Unfortunately, MSM, along with other networks, know Trump stories bring in the views. Century old history? World leaders they barely recognize? Dull ceremonies? Not going to get nearly the eyeyballs as yet another Trump doing something dramatic but meaningless.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:03 am

Yeah, that's how the MSM thinks.

Trump destroying democracy and turning my country into a shithole?

Well, OK, but he's ratings gold, baby! We're making a mint while the country swirls down the shitter!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am

Thanks, Foggy.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 am
:yeah:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:06 am
My take: He didn't want to mess his hair. He didn't want to honor soldiers who fought against Germany (he's a nationalist, remember). He doesn't have the spiritual strength to confront the wages of war. He don't know nothin' about WWI and didn't want to expose his ignorance. Putin berated him in their meeting and he felt depressed.
Adding my take:
Dotus did only see the cannon fodder and none of his esteemed generals (dead or alive), and no great statues with generals riding some critter.
And of course all those dead are losers or they would have come home in triumph for a confetti parade.
:doh: :brickwallsmall:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:16 pm

France’s army appears to mock Trump for not wanting to go out in the rain to pay tribute to vets
Brad Reed BRAD REED
12 NOV 2018 AT 12:40 ET

President Donald Trump once again won’t be paying tribute to American veterans amid rainy weather — and even France’s military appears to be calling him out for it.

The official Twitter count of L’Armée de Terre — a.k.a., the French Army — on Monday posted a photo of a French soldier crawling on the ground in the pouring rain.

The photo came with the following message: “Il y a de la pluie, mais c’est pas grave — on reste motivé.” According to Just Security editor Kate Brannen, this translates to, “It’s raining, but it’s not a big deal. We’re staying motivated.”
Armée de Terre @armeedeterre
#MondayMotivation Il y a de la pluie, mais c'est pas grave 😅 On reste motivé 👊

10:09 AM - Nov 12, 2018
Trump over the weekend cited the rain as a justification for skipping a planned visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in France, where he was supposed to pay tribute to American troops who fell in World War I.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/france ... bute-vets/

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Retired general: Trump’s WW1 snub not just ‘bad optics and bad politics — it’s a real mistake’
Brendan Skwire
12 NOV 2018 AT 12:54 ET

MSNBC military analyst, retired General Barry McCaffrey, said President Trump’s decision to skip World War One memorial services at Belleau Wood in France was “a real mistake” that sends “a bad signal to the armed forces.”

“It’s not just bad optics and bad politics,” McCaffrey said, noting the historical significance of the battle. “We had 300,000 killed and wounded in a six month campaign and Belleau Wood, where the Marine brigade was prominent, was a key part of that whole effort.”

“It was a good argument the U.S. saved Europe in World War One,” McCaffrey added, saying the president had humiliated himself in front of the world. “Mr. Trump didn’t get the historical importance of all this in front of 80 world leaders. It was a real mistake. Bad signal to the armed forces.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/retire ... l-mistake/

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:30 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:17 pm
Retired general: Trump’s WW1 snub not just ‘bad optics and bad politics — it’s a real mistake’
Brendan Skwire
12 NOV 2018 AT 12:54 ET

MSNBC military analyst, retired General Barry McCaffrey, said President Trump’s decision to skip World War One memorial services at Belleau Wood in France was “a real mistake” that sends “a bad signal to the armed forces.”

“It’s not just bad optics and bad politics,” McCaffrey said, noting the historical significance of the battle. “We had 300,000 killed and wounded in a six month campaign and Belleau Wood, where the Marine brigade was prominent, was a key part of that whole effort.”

“It was a good argument the U.S. saved Europe in World War One,” McCaffrey added, saying the president had humiliated himself in front of the world. “Mr. Trump didn’t get the historical importance of all this in front of 80 world leaders. It was a real mistake. Bad signal to the armed forces.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/retire ... l-mistake/
He is great to listen to. My local all news radio has him on regularly, brightens up the afternoon commute when he's on. Spoiler - he's not a Trump fan.

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:11 pm
Pictures of EGOTUS at the dinner but Melania was a no show. There were a lot of couples so I assume she was invited as well. Several snarky reasons why she wasn’t there come to mind, but I’ll refrain from commenting further.
here's one of my favorites

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Please let me know if this is NOT the right thread.
Trump: I told world leaders that ‘ridiculously unfair’ trade, military funding situations can’t continue

President Trump on Monday said he told world leaders while in France over the weekend that the United States "must be treated fairly" on trade and military funding.

"Just returned from France where much was accomplished in my meetings with World Leaders. Never easy bringing up the fact that the U.S. must be treated fairly, which it hasn’t, on both Military and Trade," he wrote in a tweet.

"We pay for LARGE portions of other countries military protection, hundreds of billions of dollars, for the great privilege of losing hundreds of billions of dollars with these same countries on trade. I told them that this situation cannot continue - It is, and always has been, ridiculously unfair to the United States," Trump continued.

He added that other countries must either "pay the United States" or protect themselves.

"Massive amounts of money spent on protecting other countries, and we get nothing but Trade Deficits and Losses. It is time that these very rich countries either pay the United States for its great military protection, or protect themselves...and Trade must be made FREE and FAIR!" he tweeted.

It was unclear how, specifically, Trump proposed linking trade and military funding. <SNIP>
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... e-military

The tweets in the article:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Just returned from France where much was accomplished in my meetings with World Leaders. Never easy bringing up the fact that the U.S. must be treated fairly, which it hasn’t, on both Military and Trade. We pay for LARGE portions of other countries military protection,........

4:03 AM - Nov 12, 2018
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
.....hundreds of billions of dollars, for the great privilege of losing hundreds of billions of dollars with these same countries on trade. I told them that this situation cannot continue - It is, and always has been, ridiculously unfair to the United States. Massive amounts....

4:10 AM - Nov 12, 2018
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
.....of money spent on protecting other countries, and we get nothing but Trade Deficits and Losses. It is time that these very rich countries either pay the United States for its great military protection, or protect themselves...and Trade must be made FREE and FAIR!

4:21 AM - Nov 12, 2018
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

MRich

Post by MRich » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Honestly... I know he's a liar, and a coward, and a egotistical bigot, but I didn't think he was THAT stupid.

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Business Insider: Trump torches allies, threatens NATO pullout after tense WWI memorial trip to Paris

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:09 pm

MRich wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:06 pm
Honestly... I know he's a liar, and a coward, and a egotistical bigot, but I didn't think he was THAT stupid.
That's the amazing thing with the Trump Effect: whenever you think he's reached rock bottom, he goes lower, lower, lower.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:38 pm

phaseolus wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm
Sunrise wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:11 pm
Pictures of EGOTUS at the dinner but Melania was a no show. There were a lot of couples so I assume she was invited as well. Several snarky reasons why she wasn’t there come to mind, but I’ll refrain from commenting further.
here's one of my favorites

https:// twitter.com/GenMhayden/status/1061593843152281600
Gen Michael Hayden @GenMhayden
Brush pass with his handler????

https:// twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1061544033980420098
Noga Tarnopolsky @NTarnopolsky
Donald Trump is the only head of state not at Élysée Palace. He’s apparently going separately to Arc de Triomphe. He’s skipping the Forum for Peace headed by Angela Merkel later today. Yesterday the rain kept him from war memorial. What the hell is he doing in Paris?
13:17 - 11 Nov 2018
When the leaders and their wives lines up for the photo shoot Putin went and did reassuringly shake dotus' and Melanias hands :think:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 am

dripping in :sarcasm:
Donald Trump knows the true meaning of sacrifice

By Dana Milbank Columnist
November 12 at 7:01 PM

On Veterans Day, Americans recall the sacrifices of those who served our country.

We think of the bayonet charge of Maine’s 20th Regiment on Little Round Top, the young men battling through rain and poison gas in the Argonne, the soldiers in the frozen Ardennes Forest in the Battle of the Bulge.

And we think of President Trump, battling rain for not one but two days in France this weekend.

Other presidents had made sacrifices. George Washington camped with his frozen troops in Valley Forge. William Henry Harrison died after a two-hour inaugural address in the rain.

But these were as nothing compared with the elements Trump battled in Paris.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:14 am

Donald also didn't go to Arlington today! Not even a video address, what a disgrace. So I've done a little kinda concern trolling tonight, found a few #MAGA veterans tweets and honestly asked if they'd heard why.

"Maybe he's not feeling good?" Think she would be so cool if President Obama hadn't gone to Arlington? Sure.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 am

Orlyicious is on a delicious roll today:

:thumbs:

Return to “Trump Administration”