Rudy Giuliani

Chilidog

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Chilidog » Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am

Because he needs his own thread.

Chilidog

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Chilidog » Sun May 06, 2018 10:04 am

Rudy Giuliani on Sunday said while he has no knowledge of President Trump’s personal attorney, Michael Cohen, paying any women in addition to Stormy Daniels, he believes Cohen would have done so if he deemed it “necessary.”

“I have no knowledge of that. But I would think if it was necessary, yes.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -necessary

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun May 06, 2018 10:16 am

Chilidog wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 am
Because he needs his own thread.
TY for starting this.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 am

I had posted this in the Michael Cohen thread. I edited that post by deleting most of the text and referencing this post here.
Dolly wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:30 am
Giuliani: Mueller may be going after Manafort because he thinks he will 'flip faster'
< I am unable to post the 38 second video at the link :madguy: >

President Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani told Fox News on Saturday that he believes special counsel Robert Mueller has targeted former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort because Mueller thinks will Manafort will be easier to flip against the president.

In an interview with Fox News's Jeanine Pirro, Giuliani speculated that New York's attorney general had passed off the investigation into bank fraud charges against Trump's longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, to Mueller while continuing to investigate former Trump campaign chairman, Paul Manafort.

"And of course [New York] developed that whole Cohen investigation and gave it away. Why did they give away Cohen, and not Manafort? Maybe they think Manafort's somebody they can flip faster," Giuliani said.

"This all plays into what my client, the president of the United States, has been saying for quite some time. The judge, in some substance, said this is a witch hunt," he added. "There's a tremendous amount of government misconduct attached to it."

Giuliani was referring to a judge's comments to attorneys working for Mueller's team on Friday, when the court suggested that Mueller's team was not truly interested in Manafort's finances. <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ks-he-will

:confused:

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun May 06, 2018 11:28 am

Nunes wants to get rid of Sessions. Comments on Facebook suggest Sessions is part of mythical "deep state" and guess who should replace him? Roo-dee. He'd be GREAT.

andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein » Sun May 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Giving train wrecks a bad name:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun May 06, 2018 1:20 pm

Is there someone in charge who thinks these interviews are a good idea, or is he just doing this on his own?

Do we have a train wreck emoji? If not, we'll need one.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun May 06, 2018 1:29 pm

After a quick search heres 2 that might be suitable...

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

much ado

Post by much ado » Sun May 06, 2018 1:38 pm

Not an emoji, but I kind of like this GIF. It has the majesty of the sinking Titanic and the crashing Hindenburg.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 pm

The Giuliani segment on AM Joy this morning was hilarious. They'd play a clip from Stephanopoulos then crack up laughing, then play a clip from Pirro and crack up laughing, then play a clip from Hannity and crack up laughing. Joy and her guests were almost crying from laughing at times. It really was a joy to watch.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:44 pm
The Giuliani segment on AM Joy this morning was hilarious. They'd play a clip from Stephanopoulos then crack up laughing, then play a clip from Pirro and crack up laughing, then play a clip from Hannity and crack up laughing. Joy and her guests were almost crying from laughing at times. It really was a joy to watch.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun May 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks, Stern! I went looking for a clip but couldn't find one.

Image Image Image Image Image

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Sun May 06, 2018 2:57 pm

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 pm

andersweinstein wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:12 pm
Giving train wrecks a bad name:

https:// youtu.be/LoclzZ28G9M
A lawyer who works and gives interviews based on rumours rather than first learning and categorizing the facts? First blathering in public aka lying and then goes to do his homework ???

I think it was :sterngard: who said "long past sell by date" :brickwallsmall:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun May 06, 2018 5:57 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Estiveo wrote:
https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvPA0sZ6QI
I liked that short snippet of Avenati. He seriously asked if he was getting played when they asked him about Rudy. :o

HilltownGrrl
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Post by HilltownGrrl » Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:34 pm
Estiveo wrote:
:lol: :shock: Wowza! That really was a joy to watch - but also horrifying. As in, as I was laughing with Joy et al, I had to to keep reminding myself of our trumpian era mantra - that this - the constant obvious lying & the ever shifting story - is not normal. Or at least it wasn't. :crying:

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Sun May 06, 2018 7:19 pm

For as amusing as Sarah Huckabee Sanders (bless her heart) may be, please join me in imprecatory prayer for her health. Nothing fatal, nothing debilitating just something that keeps her home for a week or two leaving Rudy to take over her role at the daily podium as the press secretary.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun May 06, 2018 7:33 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/04/nyre ... ement.html
Over the years, there have been few more vocal or aggressive advocates for law enforcement than Rudolph W. Giuliani. A former top official at the Justice Department, a onetime prosecutor with a tough, crusading style, and a police-embracing mayor who ran New York on a law-and-order platform, Mr. Giuliani — both in office and as a private citizen — has spent the better part of his career stridently defending the country’s crime-fighting class and fiercely lashing out at those who attack it.

But in his latest role as a lawyer for President Trump, Mr. Giuliani (who, like his client, is volatile by nature) appears to have made an abrupt change of course. In the past few days, he has launched a series of rants in the media, assailing his former colleagues in law enforcement — and the work that they have done — as Nazis, frauds and garbage. And in a phone interview Friday, he defended the strong criticism he had made.

While the path from prosecutor to defense lawyer is a common one that often requires a sharp shift in perspective, several former law-enforcement officials said they found it curious that Mr. Giuliani had so quickly and belligerently turned his back on a world he had worked in for nearly 30 years. Even some who expressed support for him said that his assaults on everyone and everything from the Russia investigation to James B. Comey, the former director of the F.B.I., to the bureau’s New York office, seemed to be out of character.

“It’s astonishing, especially from someone who has been so supportive of law enforcement for as long as he has,” said Asha Rangappa, a former F.B.I. agent who now works as a TV analyst and a senior lecturer at Yale University. “I can’t believe that anyone believes that he really believes what he’s been saying. But it’s a standard defense counsel playbook. When you don’t have the facts on your side, you attack the investigators.”

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun May 06, 2018 7:55 pm

Are Rudy and Donald playing the baffle-‘em-with-bullshit game? Muddying the waters for weeks with the crap Rudy’s pulling right now - ‘I’m new, I’m still learning. But yeah, I think there were other women’ ‘No, that’s not what I meant/said’, turn part of it into a Dem-bashing meme and ignore the rest, pretend it didn’t happen.

Lordy, these clowns are upsetting.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sun May 06, 2018 9:45 pm

I think that Rudy really believes it. Because in his mind anyone that disagrees with him is automatically evil and if the FBI is investigating the Golden POTUS, they must be evil.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sun May 06, 2018 9:49 pm

Giuliani seems to be making up stories as he goes along, a quality he shares with the President.

Giuliani has also cheated on his third wife, another quality he share with the President.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Sun May 06, 2018 10:04 pm

Further to my comment above about Rudy, if you watched him at all during the campaign, he was completely unhinged then. I don't think anything has changed -- he a senile angry old man who still believes that he should be running the country and can't understand that history has passed him by. IMHO, he will go down in the history books not as America's mayor after 9/11 (for which he did nothing anyhow), but will go down as a senile angry old clown who is advising another senile angry old clown.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:12 pm

I’ve been perusing Jack Brown’s blog lately. He’s a body language expert.

Brown on Ghouliani:
SUMMARY: Rudy Giuliani's pattern of frequent and dramatic displays of widely opened eyelids in this video is a highly reliable nonverbal signal of insincerity.
https://www.bodylanguagesuccess.com/201 ... -rudy.html

The pictures of Rudy are hysterical. :lol: It’s fun to find their tells.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Sun May 06, 2018 11:06 pm

Kate, your Ghouliani is perfect! :clap: :thumbs: :lol:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sun May 06, 2018 11:31 pm

Kate McKinnon understands Rudy's body language

Return to “Trump Administration”