Rudy Giuliani

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue May 08, 2018 10:28 am

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am

Nixon had the decency to resign. Trump will drag everyone through a constitutional crises while masturbating about the coverage he is getting on TV.

Also Clinton provided confidential testimony via video - which was promptly and illegally leaked to the press to try and make him look bad. Which backfired because the private Clinton was pretty much a straight shooter and immensely credible.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Suranis wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am
Nixon had the decency to resign. Trump will drag everyone through a constitutional crises while masturbating about the coverage he is getting on TV.

Also Clinton provided confidential testimony via video - which was promptly and illegally leaked to the press to try and make him look bad. Which backfired because the private Clinton was pretty much a straight shooter and immensely credible.
Nixon didn't resign until he knew there were enough votes in Congress to impeach him and then he'd be prosecuted. So he made a deal to resign in exchange for a pardon. Trump isn't close to that point (yet).

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

much ado

Post by much ado » Tue May 08, 2018 1:33 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:06 pm
Suranis wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:36 am

Nixon didn't resign until he knew there were enough votes in Congress to impeach him and then he'd be prosecuted. So he made a deal to resign in exchange for a pardon. Trump isn't close to that point (yet).
I doubt that Trump will ever be at that point. He just does not have it in him.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm

NotaPerson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:44 pm
Haven't watched this yet, but it's got to be good...
I watched it yesterday and it is good. :)
Don't skip past the part about weddings and "family" matters. They're a hoot.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

pdt97801

Post by pdt97801 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Is this Rudy's plan for getting back at trump for not getting a cabinet job, that he wanted?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm

pdt97801 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:20 pm
Is this Rudy's plan for getting back at trump for not getting a cabinet job, that he wanted?
I think Rudy's statements in his first interviews were what he a Trump thought were "a good idea" and "that'll show 'em".

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue May 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm
pdt97801 wrote:
I think Rudy's statements in his first interviews were what he a Trump thought were "a good idea" and "that'll show 'em".
Both are forgetting that he is not running his private business but the government.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue May 08, 2018 4:42 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:52 pm
pdt97801 wrote:
Both are forgetting that he is not running his private business but the government.
I don't think it's ever occurred to either of them, particularly trump, that there's a difference.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Thu May 10, 2018 11:40 am

Rudy’s a free agent now.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

tek

Post by tek » Thu May 10, 2018 11:44 am

giuliani-defense-attorney.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Digging the snow and the rain and the bright sunshine.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu May 10, 2018 12:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Poor Rudy. Guess his partners didn't care for him saying that paying hush money out of law firm funds is "how I would do it."

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 10, 2018 2:03 pm

Giuliani Resigns From Law Firm Amid Tensions Over Comments About Trump
Video

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/us/p ... aurig.html
Mr. Giuliani took a leave of absence last month from the firm, Greenberg Traurig, one of the nation’s largest, to represent Mr. Trump. But the firm announced on Thursday that he no longer worked there as of a day earlier.

“After recognizing that this work is all consuming and is lasting longer than initially anticipated, Rudy has determined it is best for him to resign,” said the firm’s chairman, Richard A. Rosenbaum.

In a statement released by the firm, Mr. Giuliani said it “is in everyone’s best interest that I make it a permanent resignation” so he can focus on the special counsel’s investigation.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Dr. Dena Grayson

@DrDenaGrayson
👋🏼BUH-BYE, RUDY👋🏼

Greenberg-Traurig law firm **forces** Rudy Giuliani to resign after Rudy claimed it was “common practice” for Greenberg-Traurig to pay HUSH MONEY for their clients.🤔

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out‼️🤣😂🤣https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/us/p ... ipad-share

11:19 AM - May 10, 2018

Adam Goldman

@adamgoldmanNYT
Rudy’s firm says: “We cant speak for Mr. Giuliani with respect to what was intended by his remarks. Speaking for ourselves, we would not condone payments of the nature alleged to have been made or otherwise without the knowledge and direction of a client.” https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/us/p ... aurig.html

1:12 PM - May 10, 2018
So Rudy has gone beyond his law partners comfort zone. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu May 10, 2018 5:25 pm

As the NYT article points out, Greenberg Traurig is the former home of Jack Fuckin' Abramoff. Rudy is a step too far, even for them.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:04 pm
That's just funny.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat May 12, 2018 2:18 am

Yeah he just deals with the hookers.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 am

Jim

Post by Jim » Sat May 12, 2018 7:01 am

Wasn't Trump trying to pimp out beauty contestants?

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Bloomberg: Trump to Use Mueller One-Year Mark to Blast Probe, Giuliani Says
President Donald Trump and his legal team are planning to use the one-year anniversary this week of Robert Mueller’s appointment to ratchet up pressure on the special counsel to close his investigation.

Trump and his lawyers are trying to set up the milestone on Thursday as a turning point in their campaign to end Mueller’s probe into Russian election meddling and obstruction of justice, Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal lawyer, said Tuesday in an interview. While he isn’t threatening specific actions, Giuliani said they haven’t ruled out additional steps if Mueller doesn’t heed their calls.

“We are going to try as best we can to put the message out there that it has been a year, there has been no evidence presented of collusion or obstruction, and it is about time for them to end the investigation,” Giuliani said. “We don’t want to signal our action if this doesn’t work -- we are going to hope they listen to us -- but obviously we have a Plan B and C.”

:snippity:

“It is hard to recommend an interview when the questions presented indicate they have no evidence, and it is hard not to get at least the appearance they are attempting to trap him into perjury,” Giuliani said.
:roll:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:31 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:21 pm
Bloomberg: Trump to Use Mueller One-Year Mark to Blast Probe, Giuliani Says
President Donald Trump and his legal team are planning to use the one-year anniversary this week of Robert Mueller’s appointment to ratchet up pressure on the special counsel to close his investigation.
:snippity:
:roll:
Wouldn't it be nice if Mueller had something just nice and ready for Friday, a fresh indicment, eg on someone near Teh Donald perhaps. Just enough to let them gasp for air :think:

bob

Post by bob » Wed May 16, 2018 8:33 pm

CNN: Giuliani: Mueller's team told Trump's lawyers they can't indict a president:
Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has informed President Donald Trump's attorneys that they have concluded that they cannot indict a sitting president, according to the President's lawyer.

"All they get to do is write a report," Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani told CNN. "They can't indict. At least they acknowledged that to us after some battling, they acknowledged that to us."

CNN reached out to Mueller's team. They declined to comment.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein publicly discussed the issue earlier this month at an event held by the Freedom Forum Institute. He was asked if a sitting president can be indicted.

"I'm not going to answer this in the context of any current matters, so you shouldn't draw any inference about it," Rosenstein said. "But the Department of Justice has in the past, when the issue arose, has opined that a sitting President cannot be indicted. There's been a lot of speculation in the media about this, I just don't have anything more to say about it." Rosenstein oversees the special counsel probe.

Giuliani tells CNN the special counsel's team has decided that "they have to follow the Justice Department rules."

"The Justice Department memos going back to before Nixon say that you cannot indict a sitting president, you have to impeach him. Now there was a little time in which there was some dispute about that, but they acknowledged to us orally that they understand that they can't violate the Justice Department rules," Giuliani said.

"We think it's bigger than that. We think it's a constitutional rule, but I don't think you're ever going to confront that because nobody's ever going to indict a sitting president. So, what does that leave them with? That leaves them with writing a report," said Giuliani.

"Do you really need an interview?" Giuliani said he wants Mueller's team to answer.

"You've got all the facts. You've got all the documents. You've got all the explanations. We're happy to tell you they're not going to change."

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Re indicting a POTUS -- what did Giuliani say when Bill Clinton was POTUS?

Return to “Trump Administration”