Kate McKinnon understands Rudy's body language

Off Topic
Kate McKinnon is a national treasure.

ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra » Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 am

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow
Rudy Giuliani made a great many media appearances last week, and by any fair measure, they didn’t go especially well. Donald Trump, reflecting on his lawyer’s performance after two weeks on the job, told reporters on Friday, “He started yesterday. He’ll get his facts straight.”

That may have been wishful thinking.

On Saturday night, the former New York City mayor sat down with Fox News’ Jeanine Pirro – who, coincidentally, is reportedly serving as an informal adviser to the president, making this an interview in which one Trump confidant was interviewing another – and he didn’t do his client any favors.

For example, referring to Michael Cohen’s hush-money payoff to Stormy Daniels shortly before Election Day 2016, Giuliani said, “Even if it was a campaign donation, the president reimbursed it fully with a payment of $35,000 a month, that paid for that and other expenses. No need to go beyond that. Case over.” First, that’s legally wrong, and second, the last thing Giuliani should be saying about the payment is, “Even if it was a campaign donation….”
Hoping Maddow devotes a whole lot of tonight's show to Rudy, and nothing happens today to upset those plans :pray:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am

Joyce Alene

@JoyceWhiteVance
On Fox, Giuliani says the case in the Southern District of New York should be dismissed as to Trump. This makes no sense since there’s no indicted case yet & no indication Trump is a target of the investigation. Did Giuliani just reveal something or is he rambling?

8:15 PM - May 5, 2018
:roll: :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon May 07, 2018 9:02 am

Ooooooooooooooooh :popcorn:

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am

Kendra wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 am
Hoping Maddow devotes a whole lot of tonight's show to Rudy, and nothing happens today to upset those plans :pray:
Sorry to disappoint, but unless something else happens (which is almost probable at this point), my strong hunch is that Maddow will dedicate the whole 20 minute A segment to analyzing the fantastic piece in the Washington Post about how Trump suddenly switched from a debt-based purchasing strategy to paying for everything in cash, and no one can quite figure out where the $400 million he spent came from. The most obvious answer is that Trump was laundering money. And given the fact that Michael Cohen looks flush on paper, but has to scratch and claw for $130k to pay off Daniels, it looks like Cohen could also be in the laundromat business. It's complicated, needs a lot of time to unpack, and is basically perfect for Maddow.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon May 07, 2018 9:07 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am
Kendra wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:16 am
Sorry to disappoint, but unless something else happens (which is almost probable at this point), my strong hunch is that Maddow will dedicate the whole 20 minute A segment to analyzing the fantastic piece in the Washington Post about how Trump suddenly switched from a debt-based purchasing strategy to paying for everything in cash, and no one can quite figure out where the $400 million he spent came from. The most obvious answer is that Trump was laundering money. And given the fact that Michael Cohen looks flush on paper, but has to scratch and claw for $130k to pay off Daniels, it looks like Cohen could also be in the laundromat business. It's complicated, needs a lot of time to unpack, and is basically perfect for Maddow.
OK, I will accept that one too :bighug:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 am

Volkonski wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am
@JoyceWhiteVance
On Fox, Giuliani says the case in the Southern District of New York should be dismissed as to Trump. This makes no sense since there’s no indicted case yet & no indication Trump is a target of the investigation. Did Giuliani just reveal something or is he rambling?
Yes.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:14 am
Volkonski wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:00 am
@JoyceWhiteVance
Yes.
:yeah:

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon May 07, 2018 9:46 am

Wait... I thought that Trump asked to intervene. Now they want out?

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 am

Giuliani seems confused. IANAL and even I understand that there is no criminal case involving Cohen (yet?) and certainly not against Trump. If it was someone other than Giuliani I would say this is an orchestrated attempt to conflate Mueller/SDNY/investigations/actual cases all into one pile so that Fox viewers will be appropriately indignant and enraged about Trump not being treated fairly. But Giuliani...I'm not even certain of his ability to even comprehend that the idea is to conflate for purposes of stoking the rage machine. He probably in actuality conflates all those things.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon May 07, 2018 9:56 am

Bear in mind that Team Trump wants people to conflate Daniels-Cohen-Russia all into one big deep state conspiracy to take down Trump. To the extent that Giuliani's misstatement feeds that narrative, it serves its purpose reasonably well. Sure, there is no case with respect to Trump to dismiss in the SDNY. How many of Trump's supporters know or care about that fact? I submit, exactly none of them. All that matters is that Trump's lawyer's office got raided by the government stormtroopers trying to bring down Trump, and whatever they're doing should stop.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:56 am
Bear in mind that Team Trump wants people to conflate Daniels-Cohen-Russia all into one big deep state conspiracy to take down Trump. To the extent that Giuliani's misstatement feeds that narrative, it serves its purpose reasonably well. Sure, there is no case with respect to Trump to dismiss in the SDNY. How many of Trump's supporters know or care about that fact? I submit, exactly none of them. All that matters is that Trump's lawyer's office got raided by the government stormtroopers trying to bring down Trump, and whatever they're doing should stop.
That is exactly what I said. Except I'm just pointing out that Giuliani may not be aware that it's a desire and mission to conflate things for the base...he's so out of it that he may actually believe the conflated story.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:11 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:56 am
But deep down don't we all want there to be a standing 7 am Monday morning teleconference between Avenatti, Mueller, Soros, the acting U.S. Attorney for the SDNY, the New York Attorney General,Obama and Tiffany Trump to decide what they are going to do to fuck with the Donald this week. :sarcasm:

"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon May 07, 2018 2:28 pm

What about Joe Biden. He's got to be in on that call.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 3:11 pm

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon May 07, 2018 3:44 pm

Haven't watched this yet, but it's got to be good...

Am I being detained?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm

Giuliani pleased with his media tour: ‘Everybody’s reacting to us now’

By Mark Berman and Robert Costa May 6 at 7:20 PM

After days of media appearances intended to explain President Trump’s role in a legal settlement with an adult-film star that only raised fresh questions about the payment, his new attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani on Sunday said Trump still has confidence in him and believes the media blitz “all worked out.”

“I’ll give you the conclusion: We all feel pretty good that we’ve got everything kind of straightened out and we’re setting the agenda,” Giuliani, the former New York mayor who recently joined Trump’s legal team, said in an interview with The Washington Post. Giuliani said he met with the president at Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, Va., to discuss developments and legal strategy.

“Everybody’s reacting to us now, and I feel good about that because that’s what I came in to do,” he said.

“We’ve made a deal this weekend: He stays focused on North Korea, Iran and China, and we stay focused on the case and we’ll bother him when we have to,” Giuliani said of his meeting with Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:47 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm
Giuliani pleased with his media tour: ‘Everybody’s reacting to us now’
:snippity:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html
I don't think Rudy realizes just how far off from reality he is, reaction yes, but surely not what he intended. Open a can of worms... :brickwallsmall:

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:45 pm
“Everybody’s reacting to us now, and I feel good about that because that’s what I came in to do,” he said.
I'll bet Mueller's not reacting to them...but appreciates the help.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Giuliani and EGOTUS are acting like toddlers who hide behind the curtains with their little feet sticking out, thinking you can’t see them, all the while giggling about how they’re fooling the grownups. Trump still thinks all his private business will stay private. :rotflmao:

Why, it’s as if these senile old coots had never even seen an internet before. Crowdsourcing and savvy reporters are making a dent in that huge bank of fog facts out there.

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Mon May 07, 2018 6:20 pm

NotaPerson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:44 pm
Haven't watched this yet, but it's got to be good...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Birfers are toast

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon May 07, 2018 6:26 pm

We all feel pretty good that we’ve got everything kind of straightened out and we’re setting the agenda . . .
:rolleye:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 pm

In real English, "I talked a lot on a lot of TV shows and told them exactly what the President wanted me to say. He and I both like to talk. Talking makes us feel good."

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pm

The president has been griping to associates that Rudy Giuliani, his new personal attorney, has failed to shut down the Stormy Daniels hush money saga. And he has expressed frustration that Giuliani’s media appearances are raising more questions than they are answering, turning the story into a days-long drama capped by the admission Sunday that the president may have made similar payments to other women.

For now, White House aides said, Giuliani still has a direct line in to Trump – the two speak almost daily – and nobody in the West Wing is eager to insert themselves between the two irascible New Yorkers by yanking Giuliani off TV. But some aides said they expect the president to fire Giuliani if his behavior doesn’t change
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/ ... els-573196

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Mon May 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Recent news reports are Giuliani claiming (and supposedly advising Trump) that the President can ignore a subpoena from Mueller. This supposedly based not on a court decision but on a substituted event during the Clinton Admin which was indulged by the Congressional committee. Umm, that is not a binding precedent, and it's unclear just how binding any precedent can be with Presidential impeachments in this world.

But in Clinton's case, Clinton provided what appeared to be a satisfactory substitute for compliance with the subpoena, while Giuliani appears to be encouraging outright defiance of the subpoena - a defiance that the Congress may regard as a High Crime and Misdemeanor all by itself.

We have here a very ugly situation: Nixon had one big scandal, Trump has a six-ring circus.

Return to “Trump Administration”