Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Hurtzi »

MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:49 pm
bob wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:22 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:00 am
I hear they're now going after Chelsea Clinton.
Yeah; the usual cranks are "concerned" that Chelsea rakes in dough sitting on various corporate boards.

IOKIYAR.
Conveniently ignoring the fact that these are publicly held U.S. corporations whose board members are voted on by their shareholders. Yeah, just the same.
If I owned shares of one of those corporations I would be pissed to see Chelsea Clinton - a "nobody " in economy - voted in as board member.
The "water bear" is the first creature to live on the moon.
"From Not To Hot " is not my Favorite TV Show

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Hurtzi wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:11 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:49 pm
bob wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Yeah; the usual cranks are "concerned" that Chelsea rakes in dough sitting on various corporate boards.

IOKIYAR.
Conveniently ignoring the fact that these are publicly held U.S. corporations whose board members are voted on by their shareholders. Yeah, just the same.
If I owned shares of one of those corporations I would be pissed to see Chelsea Clinton - a "nobody " in economy - voted in as board member.
So only economists should be on corporate boards? Do you even know her educational background (it's extensive) or work experience?

With her education, background & connections, the only reasons I can think of to be pissed to see her on a corporate board is blind hatred of her parents or basic misogyny.
Image Image Image Image Image

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeah:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Education - Chelsea Clinton

Stanford University (BA)
University College, Oxford
(MPhil, DPhil)
Columbia University (MPH)
New York University

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Education - Chelsea Clinton

Stanford University (BA)
University College, Oxford
(MPhil, DPhil)
Columbia University (MPH)
New York University
Pffft. What does she know? And I see she got no degree from NYU. Must be a drop out.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Didn't she work there?

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Estiveo wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:59 pm
Didn't she work there?
Starting in 2010, Clinton began serving as Assistant Vice-Provost for the Global Network University of New York University, working on international recruitment strategies.[37] She is the co-founder of the Of Many Institute for Multifaith Leadership at NYU and serves as its co-chair.[44] By 2010, she was also pursuing PhD coursework at NYU's Wagner School of Public Service, but later transferred back to Oxford in 2011 to complete her dissertation.[36][45]
Wikipedia
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Thanks W4!

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Sarcafm is best served cold, Eftiveo.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do. It.
CNN: Giuliani has lobbied to join White House impeachment defense

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, whose dealings with Ukraine are a key facet of the impeachment case, has been lobbying the President to join his legal team on the Senate floor during his upcoming trial.

Giuliani has pressed Trump to make him part of the team of lawyers who will argue the case against his removal from office on the Senate floor, a White House official and two sources close to the President told CNN. Giuliani has argued that he knows the case against the President inside-out.

:snippity:

Sources said they did not expect Giuliani to ultimately join the team and said Trump has been advised against tapping Giuliani because of his involvement in the key facts at the heart of the impeachment case against Trump.

"The President is never going to have him in the Senate trial, starting with the problem that he's a potential witness," one source close to Trump said.
Pish posh, Mr. President! Rudy's the greatest crime-fighting, corruption-seeking lawyer who has ever lawyered! Imagine the TV ratings! FULL EXONERATION!

Do it. Fucking dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Do it! We need some leaks from the defense team :lol:

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

:prettyplease:

And if (when) he DOESN'T get on, I want to hear him explain the excuse he was given, on my teevee, right after happy hour (which, I believe, is anything on after 10:30 a.m. Eastern).
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Betsy Woodruff Swan
@woodruffbets
·
52m
New: A spokesperson for Victoria Toensing's law firm tells me she had no knowledge of Rudy Giuliani's outreach to Zelensky, including of the letter where he said she would come to their potential meeting.
https://t.co/o4agKNgppD?amp=1
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Volkonski wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 pm
Betsy Woodruff Swan
@woodruffbets
·
52m
New: A spokesperson for Victoria Toensing's law firm tells me she had no knowledge of Rudy Giuliani's outreach to Zelensky, including of the letter where he said she would come to their potential meeting.
https://t.co/o4agKNgppD?amp=1
:liar:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

CNN: Giuliani has lobbied to join White House impeachment defense
Does this letter thing mean Rudy isn't getting the impeachment defense gig?

(I don't know whether to use laughing or crying emojis so I'm going with this)

:sarcastic:
ImageImageImage x4

bob

Post by bob »

I'm just waiting for Giuliani to go on the teevee and say, "if I'm his lawyer, I can't be called as a witness."
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Miriam Elder
@MiriamElder
·
Jan 18
Joe diGenova out here saying Giuliani and Toensing canceled their trip to Kyiv because the US embassy threatened to block their visas but Americans don’t need visas to visit Ukraine.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Volkonski wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am
Miriam Elder
@MiriamElder
·
Jan 18
Joe diGenova out here saying Giuliani and Toensing canceled their trip to Kyiv because the US embassy threatened to block their visas but Americans don’t need visas to visit Ukraine.
And if we did, it would be the Ukraine Embassy in the US that would issue/revoke the visas, not the US Embassy in the Ukraine.

There could have been some skullduggery going on behind the scenes, but Joe diGenova’s statement wasn’t accurate.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Rudy Giuliani throws Lev Parnas under the bus: ‘I was misled by him’
Published 1 day ago on January 21, 2020By Travis Gettys

Rudy Giuliani distanced himself on Fox News from his indicted associate Lev Parnas.

Parnas has claimed in recent interviews that he helped Giuliani carry out a pressure campaign against Ukraine, but President Donald Trump’s personal attorney tried to put daylight between himself and his former henchman, reported Axios.

“Lev is someone I’m — I was close to,” Giuliani told “The Ingraham Angle.” “Obviously, I was misled by him. I feel very bad. I was godfather to his child and spent a lot of time … I still feel sorry for him.”

He declined to address Parnas’ claims but insisted those allegations were untrue.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/rudy-g ... ed-by-him/

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Too late Rudy. They're already gassing up the bus. Right after they make your stop, they're heading over to Nunes.
ImageImageImage x4

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Sigh Hersh, Persuasive Authority
@Ugarles
·
46m
beautiful save from a legal mastermind
Quote Tweet

Aram Roston
@AramRoston
· 2h
Giuliani on Lev Parnas's exclusive description, to Reuters, of a meeting with a Venezuelan under criminal investigation. “Lev Parnas has no right to be talking about that meeting,” Giuliani said. “It was a confidential meeting - if it did happen.” https://reut.rs/38Fx8VJ

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

:rotflmao:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Exclusive: Giuliani told U.S. his client deserves leniency for financing Venezuela's opposition - Parnas

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-vene ... SKBN1ZL1AR
Betancourt told Giuliani he secretly helped bankroll Guaido’s efforts to take over the leadership of Venezuela, according to four people familiar with the situation, two of whom provided details about the meeting in Spain. Betancourt hoped those bona fides would enable Giuliani, his lawyer, to persuade Trump’s Justice Department to drop its probe of Betancourt in connection with a Florida money laundering and bribery case, the people said.

A month later, at a meeting in Washington, D.C., Giuliani urged Justice Department prosecutors to go easy on Betancourt, according to a person with direct knowledge of the meeting, and Lev Parnas, a former Giuliani associate, who said Giuliani told him about it soon afterward. Parnas and the other person said Giuliani told prosecutors that Betancourt had provided assistance for Guaido’s political efforts, and was therefore doing good work for the United States.

This is the first time Parnas detailed his story about Betancourt, Giuliani and Venezuela.

Giuliani declined to confirm meeting with U.S. prosecutors on Betancourt’s behalf and wouldn’t say whether the Venezuelan businessman is a client. “Lev Parnas has no right to be talking about that meeting,” Giuliani told Reuters in a brief phone interview. “It was a confidential meeting - if it did happen.”

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

The first in Rudy's new multipart series.
Rudy Giuliani Verified account @RudyGiuliani
To watch the first episode of Common Sense, please go to http://www.RudyGiulianiCS.com
EP. 1: Since No Crimes Exist, It Must Be Dismissed
#UnimpeachablePhonecall
#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

Return to “Trump Administration”