Rudy Giuliani

Dan1100

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dan1100 »

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:07 pm
:jawdrop:

The man simply. Doesn't. Get it. He's like my clients who can't help but break the law again as soon as they get out of jail.
I had a guy show up for a DWI sentencing so drunk he threw up in the hallway outside the courtroom. :bag:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Dan1100 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:12 pm
I had a guy show up for a DWI sentencing so drunk he threw up in the hallway outside the courtroom. :bag:
I had a client when I was a public defender who kept showing up for court drunk, and the bailiff told me that next time he was going to be arrested. So I gave him a very stiff warning - do NOT come to court drunk next time!

So he came to court stone cold sober, had an attack of delirium tremens or something, keeled over unconscious, and had to be taken away on a stretcher.

NOW what do I tell him? :think:
In my language, "raining hard" means almost the exact opposite of "hardly raining". :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Good job. That's day one.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Schiffs impeachment is a FARCE because

1. There was no military aid withheld.

2. The conversation about corruption in Ukraine was based on compelling evidence of criminal conduct by then VP Biden, in 2016, that has not been resolved and until it is will be a major obstacle...

...to the US assisting Ukraine with its anti-corruption reforms.

The American people will learn that Biden & other Obama administration officials, contributed to the increased level of corruption in Ukraine between 2014 to 2016.

This evidence will all be released very soon.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Rudy’s evidence must be on Montgomery’s magical hard drives. :lol:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

This evidence will all be released very soon.
Gawrsh, Rudy Tooty, you've had three fucking years already. Why did you wait so long? :think:
In my language, "raining hard" means almost the exact opposite of "hardly raining". :shock:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Chilidog wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 pm
“I’m just a country lawyer...."
Oh, brother.

:? :nope:
Because nothing is closer to real life Matlock than SDNY.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Gregg wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:14 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 pm
“I’m just a country lawyer...."
Oh, brother.

:? :nope:
Because nothing is closer to real life Matlock than SDNY.
I was thinking of this city slicker

https://media.giphy.com/media/yhZZnZ8DDGh8c/giphy.gif

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Kendra wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm

2. The conversation about corruption in Ukraine was based on compelling evidence of criminal conduct by then VP Biden, in 2016, that has not been resolved and until it is will be a major obstacle......to the US assisting Ukraine with its anti-corruption reforms.
1. We didn't withhold aid.
2. We withheld it for legitimate reasons.

Or am I just crazy and misreading it.

And why exactly did you have to withhold aid to Zelensky in 2019 because of """corruption""" between Biden and Poroshenko in 2016? Can they at least come up with a lie that isn't insulting?

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Jeffrey wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:44 am
Kendra wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm

2. The conversation about corruption in Ukraine was based on compelling evidence of criminal conduct by then VP Biden, in 2016, that has not been resolved and until it is will be a major obstacle......to the US assisting Ukraine with its anti-corruption reforms.
1. We didn't withhold aid.
2. We withheld it for legitimate reasons.

Or am I just crazy and misreading it.

And why exactly did you have to withhold aid to Zelensky in 2019 because of """corruption""" between Biden and Poroshenko in 2016? Can they at least come up with a lie that isn't insulting?
I fear you've put too much thought into it, when this is all he really meant to say:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Pressure builds for Giuliani as associate enters talks over potential plea deal

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... 1575638875
Talks about a potential plea deal are under way between federal prosecutors and an attorney for Lev Parnas, a Rudy Giuliani associate indicted for making illegal campaign donations who helped Trump lawyer Giuliani’s search for dirt in Ukraine on Joe Biden, says an attorney familiar with the investigation

The talks appear to be in early stages, but the lawyer familiar with the investigation and ex-prosecutors say that pressure mounted on Parnas to cut a deal after prosecutors revealed on Monday that he and his business associate Igor Fruman, who was also indicted for making illegal campaign donations, are “likely” to face additional charges.

If Parnas strikes a deal it could put further legal pressure on Giuliani, who is facing a growing number of legal woes including some relating to his international consulting business as part of an investigation of alleged crimes including money laundering, wire fraud, campaign finance violations, making false statements, obstruction of justice, and violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

Parnas and Fruman, who were both born in the former Soviet Union, pleaded not guilty to illegally funneling contributions from a foreign source and three other counts. But Parnas and his lawyer have begun cooperating with the House impeachment inquiry in response to a subpoena and have turned over video and audio recordings to the House intelligence committee.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I'm not sure where to park this one, so I pick here :swoon:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/oleksandr ... ia=desktop
A former Ukrainian member of parliament who has claimed to have dirt on a company linked to the Bidens was arrested earlier this week in Germany, The Daily Beast has confirmed. Oleksandr Onyshchenko, who worked closely with Ukraine’s previous president before fleeing the country after being accused of embezzlement, has been living in Europe for several years. German authorities arrested him in Aachen on Friday.

Oleg Ishemko, an attorney for the former member of parliament, confirmed the arrest.

“We are analyzing information in particular about the fact and basis for the detention of our client,” Ishemko said in a text. “According to our information, Oleksandr was in the process of seeking international protection and could not be arrested in accordance with Article 33 of the international convention relating to the status of refugees. Attorneys for Oleksandr are doing everything so that his rights, both in Ukraine and outside, are upheld in the necessary manner.”

Onyshchenko’s arrest comes as efforts by Trump’s American allies to find information about Burisma Group—where former Vice President Joe Biden’s son was once a board member—have reached a fever pitch. Rudy Giuliani, Trump’s personal attorney, is currently in Kyiv, Ukraine, holding meetings on the subject. Efforts by Giuliani and other Trump administration officials to win political goodies from Ukrainian government officials—including an announcement of an investigation into Burisma—are a central focus of Democrats’ impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump. Democrats’ next impeachment hearing is scheduled for Dec. 9.
:snippity:
In early November, Onyshchenko told the obscure right-wing news site CD Media that “there were ‘official’ and ‘unofficial’ payments to the Biden family” made by Burisma and that an FBI agent “directed the coverup of the Biden scandal at the time, in concert with the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, and other Deep State American government assets ‘in-country.’” The claim resembled the same conspiracy theories spun by Giuliani in his successful campaign to oust former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch.

In subsequent interviews, Onyshchenko made other fantastic claims, including that Burisma had paid $10 million to Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign through “big bags of cash” sent instead of wire transfers.
:snippity:

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Oh, Rudy Rudy Rudy... long thread, worth it. tl/dr: does Rudy know ANYONE who isn’t corrupt?

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Whatever4 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 pm
Oh, Rudy Rudy Rudy... long thread, worth it. tl/dr: does Rudy know ANYONE who isn’t corrupt?

https:// twitter.com/mimirocah1/status/1202935328375476225
Mimi Rocah @Mimirocah1
This is insane. Giuliani is committing crimes on behalf of the POTUS and live tweeting about it. There’s a lot going on but this should be getting a lot more attention than it is. https:// twitter.com/jacklaurenson/status/1202727340889067521 …
Jack Laurenson @JackLaurenson
Here are @AndriyUkraineTe and @RudyGiuliani here in Kyiv, #Ukraine. At midnight, they are in lounge bar of the Premier Palace Hotel, owned by close Putin ally, Russian oligarch Alexander Babakov. Hotel known as den for Kremlin agents & Babakov is alleged Russian intel himself. https:// twitter.com/andriyukrainete/status/1202712716735123461 …

13:58 - 6 Dec 2019
Seems to be the right place to receive a call from agent "-1" on speaker phone :blackeye:

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting
Politico: How Giuliani and Barr set out to defend Trump

One lawyer took the outside lane and embroiled his client in scandal. The other played a different game entirely.

SLQ

Post by SLQ »

Addie wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:50 pm
Cross-posting
Politico: How Giuliani and Barr set out to defend Trump

One lawyer took the outside lane and embroiled his client in scandal. The other played a different game entirely.
Is this the Politico article Guiliani forewarned about a day or two ago?
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Addie

Post by Addie »

Cross-posting
CNN: Washington Post: Barr told Trump he was not being well served by Giuliani

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Has Barr allowed the SDNY to indict Rudy yet? :nope:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Shirley you jest.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Barr will give him an award for going after the eveeel Biden cabal.
ImageImageImage x4

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

CBS News
@CBSNews
·
2m
Horowitz says the IG's office is "very concerned" about leaks to Rudy Giuliani from the FBI's New York field office, and those contacts are being investigated https://cbsnews.com/live-news/inspector ... ion-today/
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Volkonski wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:26 pm
CBS News
@CBSNews
·
2m
Horowitz says the IG's office is "very concerned" about leaks to Rudy Giuliani from the FBI's New York field office, and those contacts are being investigated https://cbsnews.com/live-news/inspector ... ion-today/
:rotflmao: "Start looking for new jobs, fellas"
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"Don't worry, I'm sure Trump and Rudy will protect you for leaking that shit about Hillary during the election."

*walks out the room*

"BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!"
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

The mystery of Rudy Giuliani's spokeswoman
Meet Christianné Allen, the 20-year-old college student who speaks for President's Trump's personal lawyer.

By DANIEL LIPPMAN and TINA NGUYEN
12/10/2019 05:00 AM EST
Updated: 12/10/2019 09:30 AM EST

The gatekeeper to the lawyer for the most powerful man in the world is a 20-year-old conservative activist with a thin resume, an inflated biography and an impossible job.

For the past three months, Trumpworld has been both abuzz and baffled by Christianné Allen, a little-known Instagram personality who became Rudy Giuliani’s director of communications in September. She accompanies him wherever he goes, recently appearing by his side in Ukraine, where he’s working on a documentary defending himself against accusations that he ran a malicious campaign to get a U.S. ambassador fired. She’s his media strategist, technology consultant and the employee who helps field reporters’ daily onslaught of inquiries — or, at least, tries to do so.

Allen’s boss, described as a “hand grenade” in congressional testimony, is famous among reporters for his unguarded text exchanges, rambling phone calls and butt dials at odd hours. His bumbling efforts to investigate Joe and Hunter Biden’s activities in Ukraine are likely to result in the third impeachment in U.S. presidential history. He’s under federal investigation by the U.S. attorney’s office he once headed. And his ostensible client, President Donald Trump, muses openly about whether Giuliani is, in fact, his attorney.

In sum: Allen’s assignment would be tough sledding for the most seasoned of PR professionals, let alone a distinctly unseasoned Trump superfan who is still pursuing a communications degree online.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/1 ... ani-079762

Return to “Trump Administration”