Rudy Giuliani

Mr Brolin

Re: Rudy Giuliani

Post by Mr Brolin » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:55 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:05 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:01 pm
I've never heard of those klowns and their base is Los Angeles. Their website is preposterous with rhinos going head to head. :yankyank:

I think Rudy has the perfect team of lawyers. "Perfect" in the same sense Trump's phone call was "perfect."
Some kind of cattle or buffalo. Bizarre.
Wildebeest...I am reasonably sure there would be a picture on the InterTubes of one of the spawn of Trump posing by a dead 'un.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 pm

Jeebus, Maggie Haberman reports it took Rudy weeks to hire a lawyer, and was turned down by four prominent attorneys. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/nyre ... Position=1

I don't believe for a minute the line about these firms discovering they had a conflict after a few weeks of negations. It's all about the $$$. Unless Firtash or Putin funnels more money to him, white collar defense lawyers worth their salt aren't going near him. Money talks, bullshit walks.

I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Jeebus, Maggie Haberman reports it took Rudy weeks to hire a lawyer, and was turned down by four prominent attorneys. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/06/nyre ... Position=1

I don't believe for a minute the line about these firms discovering they had a conflict after a few weeks of negations. It's all about the $$$. Unless Firtash or Putin funnels more money to him, white collar defense lawyers worth their salt aren't going near him. Money talks, bullshit walks.
Is he really that broke?

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm
Is he really that broke?
Well, we all know how well Lard Trump pays his peons, and who else is going to go to Rudy Gulianni for Legal representation?

He probably has a Goverment Pension, but what else are Guliannis sources of income? The days of him being "America's Mayor" are long past, so I dont think he is going to get big fees for speaking engagements.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:04 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:30 pm
Is he really that broke?
Maybe it has something to do with his divorce #3. Just google Rudy Giuliani divorce -

New York Times - Giuliani Divorce: It’s Ugly, It’s Operatic. What Did You Expect?

Washington Post - Third time was not the charm: Rudy Giuliani’s latest divorce is bitter, expensive and very public

Splinter - Rudy Giuliani's Bitter Divorce Is Getting Even Messier

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 am

I have found the new talking point for anyone wishing to excuse quid pro quo/bribery:

https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/1 ... nis-brain/

Note this is not from FAKE NEWS NYT or WaPo.
► Show Spoiler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:05 pm

This article has more stuff connecting Rudy Giuliani, Lev & Igor, Charles Gucciardo......
and a new one for me: Christianné Allen
Who is Rudy Giuliani's friend "Charles"? An accidental text may have outed his identity
<interesting read and too much to snip out just a little>
by ROGER SOLLENBERGER NOVEMBER 10, 2019 1:00PM (UTC)
https://www.salon.com/2019/11/10/who-is ... -identity/

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:53 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 am
I have found the new talking point for anyone wishing to excuse quid pro quo/bribery:

https://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/1 ... nis-brain/

Note this is not from FAKE NEWS NYT or WaPo.
► Show Spoiler
That makes perfect sense!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:19 pm

CNN is running a serious story about Rudy, all his attacks are projecting, he profited all over the world using Donald's name. They were groups of women handing him roses on a red carpet on the tarmac. (Wish the 699th had made a potty flyover.) Totally corrupt what he was doing, but is it criminal?

Many of these families profit greatly but not the Eisenhowers, they have remained humble and are some of the few that can mediate between sides. (Susan, her sister Anne, her brother David who married Julie Nixon, etc are terrific people, Susan was the first Republican to endorse President Obama in WaPo and spoke in Denver two speakers before Barack accepted the nomination. Disclaimer: I know and love the family, they are great Americans. Susan accompanied President Obama for D Day memorials several times, there are some wonderful stories, they get along very well.

Unlike this POS who butt dials, locks himself out, but is getting huge cyber contacts. He's been playing hard in at least SEVEN different countries.

I sure hope this all gets discussed in the public hearings, look forward to hearing from multiple witnesses all about him. With just what we know publicly it seems clear. Donald gets temporary immunity but Rudy doesn't. Hopefully lots of fun coming at his expense soon :P
Giuliani's globetrotting complicates US foreign policy
By Curt Devine, Scott Bronstein and Drew Griffin, CNN
Updated 8:55 AM ET, Mon November 11, 2019

(CNN)When Brazil's far-right President Jair Bolsonaro traveled to New York for the United Nations General Assembly in September, he was recovering from surgery and reportedly left after 30 hours without having met with any heads of state. Despite the brevity of his trip, Bolsonaro did make time to meet with someone who occupies a special position within President Donald Trump's inner circle -- Rudy Giuliani. The meeting, which involved a discussion of security and Brazil's prison system, according to a tweet by Bolsonaro's son who also attended, was just one in a series of interactions Giuliani has had with foreign leaders since he began representing Trump as his personal attorney last year. Giuliani has met or communicated with senior government officials from at least seven foreign countries since he became Trump's pro-bono personal lawyer in April 2018, according to a CNN review. He has also given paid speeches on behalf of an Iranian dissident group and met with a politician from the Dominican Republic.

While Giuliani has long dealt with foreign governments through the self-titled consulting firm he founded in 2002 after serving as New York's mayor, his more recent status as an attorney for the President has enabled him to interact with foreign leaders outside of official diplomatic channels while being treated like a US emissary. Two current and two former State Department staffers told CNN that Giuliani's communication with foreign leaders has complicated, and at times undercut, official US foreign policy. A current State Department staffer who spoke to CNN said US officials track some of Giuliani's comments because they carry the risk of confusing foreign entities and complicating messaging. "When someone with that level of profile speaks on highly sensitive issues in a way that doesn't align with US policy, that is noted with concern," said the staffer, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the issue.

Andrew Miller, a former official who worked in the State Department during the Bush and Obama administrations and served on the National Security Council during the Obama era said, "There are those in the State Department and the professional U.S. national security apparatus who view Giuliani as a shadow secretary of state." In most of Giuliani's foreign interactions, he has pursued private business interests, but his association with Trump is often highlighted by state-run media and groups he meets with. During a business trip to Bahrain in December 2018 in which Giuliani had a rare meeting with the country's leader, King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the state-run Bahrain News Agency described Giuliani as a "high-level US delegation." Giuliani also met with Bahrain's crown prince and government ministers and discussed "the long-standing partnership between Bahrain and the U.S.," according to a statement on the prince's official website, which also referred to Giuliani as the leader of a US delegation. Giuliani said at the time he traveled to Bahrain for talks related to his company Giuliani Security & Safety and the kingdom's security operation (Note: You mean the Saudis are trusting Rudy to protect them? :roll: . Several months after his trip Giuliani confirmed that GSS had secured a contract to help train the kingdom's police force, which has received international criticism for its repression of protestors, especially in the wake of the 2011 Arab Spring. Giuliani has a previous tie to Bahrain. His former law firm Bracewell Giuliani worked on financial deals for the nation. Giuliani's 2018 trip was arranged by the lobbying firm Sonoran Policy Group, which was paid by the Bahraini government to "facilitate meetings and interactions with U.S. administration officials," according to foreign lobbying. As a private attorney, Giuliani is not an official member of the President's administration.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/11/po litics/rudy-giuliani-us-foreign-policy-trump-lawyer/index.html

#LockHimUp. Foggy, count me in on some square dancing at Denny's and we'll do some indicting that will neutralize their plans. :dance:

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:43 pm

Giuliani Faces U.S. Probe on Campaign Finance, Lobbying Breaches
By Chris Strohm and Jordan Fabian
15 November 2019, 01:00 CET Updated on 15 November 2019, 20:26 CET

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, is being investigated by federal prosecutors for possible campaign finance violations and a failure to register as a foreign agent as part of an active investigation into his financial dealings, according to three U.S. officials.

The probe of Giuliani, which one official said could also include possible charges on violating laws against bribing foreign officials or conspiracy, presents a serious threat to Trump’s presidency from a man that former national security adviser John Bolton has called a “hand grenade.”

A second official said Giuliani’s activities raise counterintelligence concerns as well, although there probably wouldn’t be a criminal charge related to that. The officials, who asked for anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter, provided the first indication of the potential charges under investigation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... g-breaches

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm

I saw that Bloomberg piece on Friday. Rudy of all people knows that once things like that start leaking to the press, it's only a matter of time before a grand jury is voting on it.

And the delicious part is that the prosecutors will probably save themselves a lot of trouble by not having to send him a target letter or seek his cooperation. Like Roger Stone, Giuliani has built his public reputation on his willingness to say literally anything, which means he has exactly no credibility with prosecutors, and therefore nothing to offer in exchange for leniency. Anything he could say about the President would start another legal food fight with Trump's lawyers regarding attorney-client privilege (remember the months of litigation in the Cohen matter regarding the taint team?), and wouldn't be worth the trouble.

I'm enjoying the turnabout very much. Here's a guy who built his whole career on his uncompromising, get-tough (read: bullying) approach to criminal justice and city politics. He's about to find out firsthand just what that feels like when you're on the receiving end. It's the non plus ultra of "what comes around, goes around." (Eat your fucking heart out, Brett Kavanaugh.)

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Roughly speaking, how long would this investigation take? Weeks? Months? The next hearing on testimony is 12/10 IIRC... there are less than 20 legislative days left on the calendar this year :shock:. So they may all move into 2020?

Here we are:
Week 3
Senate: November 18-22
House: November 18-21

Week 4
Senate: Not in session
House: Not in session

December

Week 1
Senate: December 2-6
House: December 3-6

Week 2
Senate: December 9-13
House: December 9-12

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

btw, there seems like a lot of downtime for, say, doctor's visits or tests in this calendar, doesn't it?

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Shocked.

Hoodlum🇺🇸 ‏ @HoodlumRIP
Rudy Giuliani’s son Andrew gets $90,700 a year as Sports Liaison for the White House. His job is coordinating professional athletes visiting Trump. His relevant experience? He golfs.

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 am

So he orders the hamberders and french fries?

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 am

I’d need to see his handicap before deciding if the salary is justified.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:45 am

SLQ wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 am
And looks a lot like Butthead/Husay ;)

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 am

Somerset wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:45 am
SLQ wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:22 am
At first glance, I thought Butthead had put on some weight.

ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:43 am

This is the kid who kept running up and interfering with Guiliani's mayoral inauguration speech. It was played repeatedly at the time. I will look for video.
Edit:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:03 pm

He sure doesn't look like Giuliani. If he is the product of a first cousin marriage that might explain it except that maybe it wouldn't since he doesn't look like Giuliani at all.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 pm

The mouth is the same, I think.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:36 pm

Off Topic
Somerset wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:45 am

OK. My brain doesn't always work. :blackeye:
I mis-read your post. The words smashed together appeared as Busay in my first thought . That turned into Gary Busey.
So I googled Gary to see what is new, and Rudy's son looks more like Busey than Giuliani.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:09 am

Just announced on Friends, Rudy will be on Fox for an interview at noon eastern time. Get popcorn ready.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:45 am

p0rtia wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 pm
The mouth is the same, I think.
:thumbs:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:10 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:03 pm
He sure doesn't look like Giuliani. If he is the product of a first cousin marriage that might explain it except that maybe it wouldn't since he doesn't look like Giuliani at all.
Nope, he's the son of Rudy and Donna Hanover who is Wife #2. She's the one he publicly humiliated by flaunting his affair with Judith Nathan, Wife #3 (who is now divorcing him in a bitter divorce).

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:34 am

So apparently Rudy is attacking Adam Schiff over his mutual fund holdings in conjunction with...wait for it...Gateway Pundit. This kind of sums it up:

Note Rudy spells it "council." By the time stamp, Rudy was probably on his 8th or 9th vodka.

Return to “Trump Administration”