Michael Cohen

Gregg

Re: Michael Cohen

Post by Gregg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm

So, just to make sure I got this this straight....

Cohen said "Trump is golden, great guy, didn't do anything wrong....'

and Individual 1 said ''See, my attorney is vouching for me, I didn't do anything wrong!"

but then Cohen said "Well, I was lying about it the whole time, the fact is Trump did a lot wrong, and told me to help him, and for that I'm going to prison"

and Individual 1 says "He's admitted he was lying!How can you trust a liar?"

...but, well, the lie he admitted to was the statement that cleared you.

Am I right?
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:23 am

:x
Gregg wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 pm
So, just to make sure I got this this straight....

Cohen said "Trump is golden, great guy, didn't do anything wrong....'

and Individual 1 said ''See, my attorney is vouching for me, I didn't do anything wrong!"

but then Cohen said "Well, I was lying about it the whole time, the fact is Trump did a lot wrong, and told me to help him, and for that I'm going to prison"

and Individual 1 says "He's admitted he was lying!How can you trust a liar?"

...but, well, the lie he admitted to was the statement that cleared you.

Am I right?
Exactly right. :clap:
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:29 am

woodworker wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:13 pm
Not just to be a contrarian, but I sort of believe that Cohen actually has had a legitimate change of heart (or conscience). I am not saying that he was not a slimy hustler, he was and probably still is. But I believe that, once (a) he was faced with all of what he had actually done for and with Trump, (b) he had to deal with how it was affecting his family, especially his daughter, (c) he realized the legal consequences of his action and his potential for serious jail time, and (d) Trump had publicly repudiated him, he had a real change of heart. And I believe he wants to see Trump and spawn burn in hell.

I don't know if was in this thread or elsewhere, but MikeD opined that he thought it highly unlikely that there was a true Russian/Trump conspiracy -- please correct me if I am mis-characterizing what you said Mike. (I should have posted then, but IIRC it was about the time I had just had my knee surgery and my ability to stay awake for more than 10 minutes was questionable.) But I think that was, and still is a real possibility. I doubt that either the Russians or Trump actually believed he would win, but the Russians wanted to fuck the US up as much as possible and, IMHO, Trump was more than willing to play along in return for his Moscow Tower and for the ability to stick it to the "establishment."

I doubt that Trump wanted to be POTUS -- too much responsibility and, as he has learned to his chagrin, much too much attention being paid to his affairs

Just my $.02.
I agree. I don't like him, because as Individual-1's fixer, he was a horrible person. But the new and improved Michael Cohen is likeable. Seems sincere. Seems truly horrified at his behavior as Trump's fixer. I saw a few clips of the ABC interview, and I believe him. Essentially, he's the Grinch, personified.

(And he's had a makeover. Attractive tousled hair. Approachable turtle neck. Following good advice on sincere eager demeanor, which may actually be sincere. That's hard to fake.)
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:35 am

SLQ wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:29 am
woodworker wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:13 pm
Not just to be a contrarian, but I sort of believe that Cohen actually has had a legitimate change of heart (or conscience). :snippity:

I doubt that Trump wanted to be POTUS -- too much responsibility and, as he has learned to his chagrin, much too much attention being paid to his affairs

Just my $.02.
I agree. I don't like him, because as Individual-1's fixer, he was a horrible person. But the new and improved Michael Cohen is likeable. Seems sincere. Seems truly horrified at his behavior as Trump's fixer. I saw a few clips of the ABC interview, and I believe him. Essentially, he's the Grinch, personified.

(And he's had a makeover. Attractive tousled hair. Approachable turtle neck. Following good advice on sincere eager demeanor, which may actually be sincere. That's hard to fake.)
You can't know what's going on in his head, but I imagine him more like Henry Hill than John Dean.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Lanny Davis drops bombshell hint at more Trump tapes: ‘Michael Cohen has corroborating evidence for everything’

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/lanny- ... verything/
“Let’s remember that Michael Cohen has corroborating evidence for everything that he has said,” Davis explained. “[Special counsel Robert Mueller] certainly does. On the issue of the purpose of the money paid to Stormy Daniels, [Donald Trump], the same man who called Michael Cohen a rat, denied on Air Force One to the American people that he knew anything about Stormy Daniels.”

“Now that [Cohen] saw Donald Trump as president, he underwent a genuine transformation because he feared for his country and his family when Donald Trump was president,” the former Cohen attorney said. “[Trump] is the top law enforcement officer of the country and who does he praise? He praises people who have lied and refused to cooperate — the opposite of what a president should do.”

Davis declined to say whether Cohen had “evidence” proving the Trump campaign conspired with Russia because he did not want to influence an ongoing investigation.

Cohen’s former attorney, however, did note that Trump was aware when Cohen “was about to lie” in testimony to Congress and did nothing to stop him.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:14 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Lanny Davis drops bombshell hint at more Trump tapes: ‘Michael Cohen has corroborating evidence for everything’

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/lanny- ... verything/
So far as I am concerned, Lanny Davis has as much integrity as his former client, Michael Cohen.
Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:43 am

De-nile
Jake Tapper Shuts Down Susan Collins’ Attempt To Spin Trump Hush Money Payments
The Maine senator said we don’t have the full picture, but the CNN host was quick to show otherwise.

By Andy McDonald

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) thinks more information is needed before she can speak definitively on President Donald Trump’s mounting legal troubles.

On CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday, host Jake Tapper asked Collins what she thought of allegations that Trump personally directed his former lawyer Michael Cohen to distribute hush money payments to two women to help protect his bid for the presidency.

“We need to wait until we have the entire picture,” Collins responded.

But Tapper didn’t let her off so easy.

“I get that when it comes to the Russia investigation,” the host said. “But when it comes to Michael Cohen, we kind of do have the whole picture.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cn ... b8aea8663c

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm

A document sealed from public view was placed in a New York federal court vault in the criminal case against Michael Cohen. Who filed it and what it says are a mystery.
Oooh, let's speculate.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm

A document sealed from public view was placed in a New York federal court vault in the criminal case against Michael Cohen. Who filed it and what it says are a mystery.
Oooh, let's speculate.
Generally speaking, only classified documents (i.e., those requiring a security clearance) go in the vault. So my first guess is that the federal government filed it.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:20 pm

bob wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:56 pm
Oooh, let's speculate.
Generally speaking, only classified documents (i.e., those requiring a security clearance) go in the vault. So my first guess is that the federal government filed it.
No pee tape then?
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Cross-posting

CNBC
New secret filing in case of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen placed in NY federal court vault

What’s in the vault?

Someone on Wednesday filed a document saying something in connection with a criminal case against President Donald Trump’s former personal lawyer, Michael Cohen.

But who filed it and what it says are a mystery.

The document, which is sealed from public view, was “placed in vault” at U.S. District Court in Manhattan, according to a docket entry.

The filing came a week after Cohen, 52, was sentenced to three years in prison for his guilty pleas in cases brought separately by federal prosecutors in New York, and by the office of special counsel Robert Mueller.

The sealed document was filed in a case brought against Cohen by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.

In that case, Cohen pleaded guilty to tax evasion, making false statements to a bank, and to campaign contribution crimes related to the payments of hush money to two women who claim they had affairs with Trump.

Whip

Post by Whip » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Oooh, let's speculate.
get Geraldo!

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:43 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Oooh, let's speculate.
A draft of Mueller's report, placed there to protect it from attempts to shut down the inquiry.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:45 pm
Cross-posting

CNBC
New secret filing in case of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen placed in NY federal court vault

What’s in the vault?
:snippity: .
Gets me wondering if this is related to that very secret appeal in a Grand Jury request of a foreign entity to appear as witness. As this filing is related to Cohen, my speculation is its about the $$$ that Cohen harvested under the guise of being able to bring access to the top levels of the new WH beginning of 2017. Maybe Mueller is trying to find out who the real account owners are behind certain payments, or already knows who but needs a formal evidence statement to the fact.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:40 am

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/invest ... 16820.html
A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016, at the height of the presidential campaign, leaving an electronic record to support claims that Cohen met secretly there with Russian officials, four people with knowledge of the matter say.

During the same period of late August or early September, electronic eavesdropping by an Eastern European intelligence agency picked up a conversation among Russians, one of whom remarked that Cohen was in Prague, two people familiar with the incident said.

The phone and surveillance data, which have not previously been disclosed, lend new credence to a key part of a former British spy’s dossier of Kremlin intelligence describing purported coordination between Trump’s campaign and Russia’s election meddling operation.
Still reading. :popcorn:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:54 am

So, the only part of the Steele dossier left unconfirmed is...Russian pee hookers!
:thumbs:
Image Image Image Image Image

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:59 am

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:54 am
So, the only part of the Steele dossier left unconfirmed is...Russian pee hookers!
Sounds about right.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Estiveo wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:54 am
So far.......

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:06 pm

DYNZFPPUQAAOYBN.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image Image

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:27 pm

Washington Monthly - Martin Longman: If This is True, Donald Trump is Finished

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:20 pm

Michael Cohen

Verified account

@MichaelCohen212
Follow Follow @MichaelCohen212
More
I hear #Prague #CzechRepublic is beautiful in the summertime. I wouldn’t know as I have never been. #Mueller knows everything!

3:21 PM - 27 Dec 2018 from Manhattan, NY
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 pm

MSN
Hollywood execs lining up to tell Michael Cohen's story

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former fixer, is a wanted man in Hollywood.

Page Six reported that some of Hollywood's biggest power players are lining up to tell the attorney's story, and Cohen is receptive.

Trump's one-time attorney-turned-enemy was spotted at a meeting with "Pulp Fiction" and "Inglourious Basterds" producer Lawrence Bender, Page Six said. ...

Movie producers have reportedly already begun putting together a wish list of who would play Cohen in a movie. ...

Since turning on Trump, Cohen has become a bit of a celebrity in New York. Page Six notes that well wishers bombarded him at a restaurant and he was given a standing ovation by other diners while leaving.

Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:52 pm

Addie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 pm
MSN
I know someone who is going to be mighty jealous of that.
Thanks pal.

tek

Post by tek » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 am

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:52 pm
Addie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:29 pm
MSN
I know someone who is going to be mighty jealous of that.
Which is most excellent :dance:
You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:54 am

Movie producers have reportedly already begun putting together a wish list of who would play Cohen in a movie. ...
I'm guessing Ben Stiller isn't on the list. :cry:

(please, oh please, don't give it to Tom Cruise.)
ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Trump Administration”