Michael Cohen

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Michael Cohen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:55 pm

The Chin has grabbed the microphone even though he wasn't involved in the hearing. Amazing. Before he spoke, Stormy said a few words, stomping on Cohen the fixer.

The Chin has never seen a microphone he didn't love.

Can someone shut him the fuck up so we can hear from people who were actually involved in today's shit show?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Will Sommer

@willsommer
1h
Replying to @willsommer
Hannity says he'll talk more about the Michael Cohen news, but later — "I’m just going to keep the media listening, because they might learn something."

Laura Weatherspoon
@LauraJanespoon
He’s going to go full Hannity on this. Unbelievable

2:26 PM - Apr 16, 2018

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:04 pm

:doh: :cantlook: Something important must have happeneeed!!! I am just catching up reading posts from three hours ago, and suddenly there are another nine (9) pages to go :doh:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Just for the record, it's not at all impossible that Cohen might have considered Hannity a client for privilege purposes without Hannity thinking of himself as a client.

If you are a lawyer, and if you give specific legal advice to someone (as opposed to general explanations about the law, or what's happening in some publicized case), there's a very good chance that you are now obligated to consider that person to be a client for the purposes of your professional responsibility obligations (confidentiality, privilege, etc, etc).

Meaning that Hannity and Cohen's differing explanations of events aren't necessarily as incompatible as they seem.

NOTE: Not saying that I necessarily believe that's what's going on here.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm

https://wonkette.com/632661/it-was-sean ... -allegedly
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
It Was Sean Hannity, In Michael Cohen’s Office, With A Boner (ALLEGEDLY)

We knew Hannity was tied up in all this Trump-Russia-BonerGate folderol in some unnatural way God never intended a group of loser dickhead white men to be tied up together — it’s been UNCONFIRMED RUMORED that he’s in pretty deep — but we never imagined Hannity would have enlisted the services of Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s very stupid fixer lawyer!

Another thing that makes sense is why Sean Hannity might perhaps have a teensy bit of paranoia about having ILLEGAL WIRE TAPPS done to him. Maybe they’re fully legal WIRE TAPPS! And maybe the Deep State is inside Hannity’s underpants drawer, just cold riflin’ around!

Let’s wildly speculate about what Michael Cohen has “fixed” for Sean Hannity:

live boy
dead girl
MURDERRRRRRR of some other sort
live goat
dead ferret
voted for Barack Obama
carries picture of Hillary Clinton in his wallet and sometimes talks to it all sweet-like when he thinks nobody is looking
married Tucker Carlson in Vegas a few years back when they were drunk and doesn’t have the heart to divorce Tucker but SHHHHHHH FOX NEWS SECRET
is cheating on Tucker with human grease stain Newt Gingrich, who is considering divorcing his third wife for Sean Hannity but come on, she’s not even in the hospital, and if this stuff ends up in the tabloids … CATCH AND KILL! CATCH AND KILL!
live porcupine
dead wombat
OH MY GOD SEAN HANNITY IS DONALD TRUMP’S BIOLOGICAL SON.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:14 pm

oh__the_huge_manatee_by_darkcynic-d6gfgmp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:01 pm
I'd wager good money that Hannity suddenly "has the night off" tonight. Or maybe he'll show up guns blazing.

But my money would be on unplanned vacation.
is the Appalachian Trail free of snow this time of the year :?:

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:24 pm

There's a pretty good chance Trump, Cohen and Hannity were in the same room having semi-private dinner meetings, for whatever that's worth. I know Hannity has been to the WH for dinner on several occasions and assume Cohen has been there as well. During the campaign, I know Cohen has been to Mar-a-lago and assume Hannity has been there a time or 3.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Here is hannity's response for the non-twitterers among us.
Sean Hannity Verified account @seanhannity

Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.

I assumed those conversations were confidential, but to be absolutely clear they never involved any matter between me and a third-party.

In response to some wild speculation, let me make clear that I did not ask Michael Cohen to bring this proceeding on my behalf, I have no personal interest in this proceeding, and, in fact, asked that my de minimis discussions with Michael Cohen,

which dealt almost exclusively about real estate, not be made a part of this proceeding.

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

bob

Post by bob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

which dealt almost exclusively about real estate, not be made a part of this proceeding.
Excluding the light treason, of course. :roll:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 pm

bob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm
Excluding the light treason, of course. :roll:
Also, too, asking Cohen's advice regarding real estate might not have been the best choice.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:25 pm
Here is hannity's [Hannity's just-hired attorney's] response for the non-twitterers among us. FIFY.
May we agree that Hannity, himself, was not responsible for those measured statements?

In that regard, how amazeballs is it that Hannity, who has known for days and days that Cohen's files are in the hands of prosecutors, utterly failed to prepare for the eventuality that his name would appear in some of those files, that exposure was imminent. Blows me away.

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:39 pm

Cohen wouldn't know "de minimis". This can only mean one thing, Michael has a new lawyer. She's camera ready and itching to be back in the spotlight. :P

bob

Post by bob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:39 pm
Cohen wouldn't know "de minimis". This can only mean one thing, Michael has a new lawyer. She's camera ready and itching to be back in the spotlight.
:fingerwag: :

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

CNN is reporting that Judge Kimba Wood has ordered the government to turn over evidence to Cohen's legal team.
A federal judge said the government has to turn over seized material from last Monday’s raid to Michael Cohen’s attorneys, so they can tell the judge how much of it might be subject to attorney-client privilege.

Cohen’s lawyer can then share subsets of the material to Trump and the Trump Organization, Judge Kimba Wood said.

Wood did not rule on how to proceed, but indicated she would after the government and Cohen come back with an estimate of the volume of material that would have to be reviewed by a “taint team” or special master.

The judge asked both sides to provide four names each as potential special masters, but made clear she has not decided that will be her final decision.

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Sean Hannity: "I just needed any lawyer to do my will. Cohen was handy."

Hektor (Fogbow Popcorn Correspondent)

New York, NY

An everyday occurrence like the revelation that Michael Cohen (known as a generous soul who borrows money to pay for nondisclosure settlements that his clients are completely unaware of) just happens to have noted county fair truth-telling contest champion Sean Hannity as his secret third client has the liberal media outraged for absolutely no reason again. On his radio show, Hannity explained that his financial planner told him he should seriously consider having a will done. "So when I was discussing innocent things like the weather with President Trump, he mentioned that he knew a guy who could do things," Hannity explained. "You know get a power of attorney, draw up a will, buy an inconvenient discretion's silence. What everybody needs in a lawyer."

When pressed on the fact that Hannity attacked the Cohen raid without informing his viewers of a possible conflict of interest by the Alan Colmes we all wished existed, Hannity defended himself by saying "No comment. Please contact my lawyer who I have never retained."

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:00 pm

June bug wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm
CNN is reporting that Judge Kimba Wood has ordered the government to turn over evidence to Cohen's legal team.
A federal judge said the government has to turn over seized material from last Monday’s raid to Michael Cohen’s attorneys, so they can tell the judge how much of it might be subject to attorney-client privilege.

Cohen’s lawyer can then share subsets of the material to Trump and the Trump Organization, Judge Kimba Wood said.

Wood did not rule on how to proceed, but indicated she would after the government and Cohen come back with an estimate of the volume of material that would have to be reviewed by a “taint team” or special master.

The judge asked both sides to provide four names each as potential special masters, but made clear she has not decided that will be her final decision.
That's not what happened, right? Right?

tjh

Post by tjh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm

That's not how I read it. Isn't it going to be either the taint team or a special marshal?

bob

Post by bob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

tjh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm
That's not how I read it. Isn't it going to be either the taint team or a special marshal?
CNN's reporting is unsourced, and so far not corroborated by others' reports.

Grains of salt/fog of war, etc.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:11 pm

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

tjh

Post by tjh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
Hannity said he might have “handed him 10 bucks” for advice but none of those discussions “ever, ever involved a matter between me and a third party”.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:26 pm

They should just go ahead and make Donald the special master. We know he spends a lot of executive time reading documents because he said so.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 pm

So...

Did Hannity just waive his attorney client privilege?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

Sean Hannity says he just asked Cohen some stuff about real estate.

But it's OK, he wasn't under oath.

That's just his temporary explanation, until more facts are revealed. :bored:

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:35 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 pm
So...

Did Hannity just waive his attorney client privilege?
He denied that he had any.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Return to “Trump Administration”