Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

maydijo

Re: Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

Post by maydijo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:41 pm

much ado wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 pm
gupwalla wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm
bob wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:01 pm

It was several payments that equaled $129,999.72, but here you go.
PEDANTIC MATH NERD ALERT - PEDANTIC MATH NERD ALERT

$129,999.72 is not equal to $130,000.00.
This suggests that Cohen fronted $0.28.
And what's the bet Trump STILL hasn't paid him back?

Foggy

Re: Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels v Donald J. Trump aka David Dennison, U.S. District Court, Central California

Post by Foggy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Yeah, didn't Cohen complain to his buddies that he never was paid back? If so, that $129,999.72 might not have gone to him.

But Mueller knows. :mrgreen:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief.
And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large. :mrgreen:

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:44 pm

(I was just talking about the 28 cents, not the $130,000 . . . .)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:28 pm

gupwalla wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:06 pm
bob wrote:
YaYa wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm
I can't find the post where the deposits made into the LLC equaled the 130k payment. Can someone help me find it. I searched to no avail. Or did I just imagine that?
PEDANTIC MATH NERD ALERT - PEDANTIC MATH NERD ALERT

$129,999.72 is not equal to $130,000.00.
Soros had to snip some small change so that various obots TFB posters would be able to enter their 0.02 into the discussion ;)

tjh

Post by tjh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:32 pm

But he had some spare change available : Hannity said he might have “handed him 10 bucks” for advice but none of those discussions “ever, ever involved a matter between me and a third party”.

tjh

Post by tjh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Security screening :
Off Topic
So ... is her dress Pink or Lavender?

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm

tjh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Security screening :
Off Topic
It's mauve.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm

In the outdoor photo after the hearing it was lavender. In the courthouse it was pink. Stormy's own special indoor/outdoor fabric.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 pm
In the outdoor photo after the hearing it was lavender. In the courthouse it was pink. Stormy's own special indoor/outdoor fabric.
It's Stormy's own version of The Dress:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:48 pm

:rotflmao: :like:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:22 am

Stormy and the Chin™ will be on The View tomorrow, 11 a.m. Eastern Time. :clap:

“I don’t look to the teachings of Jesus for what my political beliefs should be.”

-Jerry Falwell, Jr.

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 am

Lani wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm
tjh wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:00 pm

Security screening :
Off Topic
It's mauve.
I'm so embarrassed...first thing I noticed was it was zipped up. :oops:

Lani

Post by Lani » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 am

Jim wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 am
Could be worse. At first I thought she was mimicking an infamous scene from Basic Instincts. Talk about :oops: !

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 am

much ado wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:09 pm
bob wrote:
YaYa wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 pm
I can't find the post where the deposits made into the LLC equaled the 130k payment. Can someone help me find it. I searched to no avail. Or did I just imagine that?
It was Trump properties that were paid. I don't think that the link from the Trump properties to the LLC has been made. Perhaps the First Republic Bank suspicious transaction report might provide the missing link. But that is speculation...
Any Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) is going to be both highly confidential AND unlikely to have been raised in this case.

SAR overview

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/ ... LM_015.htm

As you can see from the SAR workflow a simple triggering event does not by itself a SAR generate

https://www.ffiec.gov/bsa_aml_infobase/ ... LM_119.htm

The key phrasing below

Banks, bank holding companies, and their subsidiaries are required by federal regulations53 to file a SAR with respect to:

• Criminal violations involving insider abuse in any amount.
    Criminal violations aggregating $5,000 or more when a suspect can be identified.
    Criminal violations aggregating $25,000 or more regardless of a potential suspect.
    Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more, if the bank or affiliate knows, suspects, or has reason to suspect that the transaction:
  • May involve potential money laundering or other illegal activity (e.g., terrorism financing).54
    Is designed to evade the BSA or its implementing regulations.55
    Has no business or apparent lawful purpose or is not the type of transaction that the particular customer would normally be expected to engage in, and the bank knows of no reasonable explanation for the transaction after examining the available facts, including the background and possible purpose of the transaction.

Alas, an apparent reimbursement of funds for apparently legitimate expenditure by an allegedly legitimate political organisation is unlikely to trigger SAR reporting.

Now, the FEC should, IMHO, have raised concerns about how funds being transacted in this manner as they certainly have the stench of personal enrichment however they seem about as disengaged as Gwyneth Paltrow and her "conscious uncoupling" divorce announcement of old....

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 am

Mr Brolin wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 am

Any Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) is going to be both highly confidential AND unlikely to have been raised in this case.

Alas, an apparent reimbursement of funds for apparently legitimate expenditure by an allegedly legitimate political organisation is unlikely to trigger SAR reporting.
Apparently there is a SAR report, at least according to Avenatti and the WSJ, unless I'm completely misreading your post.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g5310ztlxcfss ... 9.pdf?dl=0

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 am
Mr Brolin wrote:

Apparently there is a SAR report, at least according to Avenatti and the WSJ, unless I'm completely misreading your post.
We discussed this a few days ago. There’s an SAR. Avenatti wants it, and filed a FOIA request. It’ll be denied. There will be public gnashing of teeth. He might take the Office of the Commissioner of the Curremcy to court, where he’ll lose.

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:35 am
We discussed this a few days ago. There’s an SAR. Avenatti wants it, and filed a FOIA request. It’ll be denied. There will be public gnashing of teeth. He might take the Office of the Commissioner of the Curremcy to court, where he’ll lose.
I think the agency which received the SAR (to which any FOIA should be directed) is the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) rather than the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). I agree that it will not be released, and any judicial action under FOIA will be borderline frivolous because of FOIA exemption (b)(7), which shields agencies from having to turn over law enforcement related materials.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:41 am

:rotflmao:
Lani wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 am
Jim wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:58 am
Could be worse. At first I thought she was mimicking an infamous scene from Basic Instincts. Talk about :oops: !
:rotflmao:

mighty dawg

Post by mighty dawg » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:55 am

So, following yesterday's bizarre disclosure by Mr. Cohen that Sean Hannity is his "third client," and, following Sean Hannity's denial that is the case, is there any doubt that the incompetent Mr. Cohen is single-handedly taking down the faux President? The irony of all of this is a mile deep. With there being evidence that Mr. Cohen visited with Russian contacts in Prague, could there truly be a hotel tape:

Lordy, Is There a Tape?
"While in Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant in 2013, Trump reserved the Ritz-Carlton’s presidential suite, where Barack and Michelle Obama had stayed previously. Citing multiple anonymous sources, Steele reported that Trump had prostitutes defile the bed where the Obamas slept by urinating on it, and that the Kremlin had recordings."

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be" - Albert Einstein

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:49 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:14 am
Mr Brolin wrote:

Inquiring minds wonder......was said SAR raised at the time or some time post activity.....? The actual payments are (superficially) normal business process for payments for goods and services.

Now, in the day, one spent rather more time than one wanted with KYC/AML systems, one that still gives me the night shudders being Actimize only beaten by Fiserv's nasty AML Manager. As such, I can speak with a degree of familiarity around the process and technology.

Whilsts there is much sales blather around "advanced heuristics", "intelligent machine learning" and "holistic deviance monitoring" (I jest not, actual sales spiel) the systems are basically mildly complicated inquiry and alerting rules engines not greatly removed from basic logic gates.

Automated alerts to generate a SAR will come out of items such as being based on, in no particular order (and not exhaustively)

The type of transaction,
Sizes of transaction
Shortness or length of transfer/transaction path
Period of establishment for the recipient
Business of the recipient
Business activity type of the payment generator
Frequency of transfers or transactions
History of probable frequency of transfer
Transacting financial institution
And so forth

As such, I find it.....interesting.... and a touch unusual that an SAR alert could or would have been generated at all AND a SAR itself raised in isolation, based on the noted information, absent some driver such as a 314(a).

That however would take one into the realms of arrant speculation as to what and why such a triggering event or driver could be........

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am

Jcolvin2 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am
Maybenaut wrote:
I think the agency which received the SAR (to which any FOIA should be directed) is the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) rather than the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). I agree that it will not be released, and any judicial action under FOIA will be borderline frivolous because of FOIA exemption (b)(7), which shields agencies from having to turn over law enforcement related materials.
You’re right. I don’t know why I said that.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:00 am

The SAR was for Cohen's payment to EC. Which, unlike the campaign's disbursements, was not a normal payment for goods and services.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:15 am

As Dan mentioned, Stormy and Michael have arrived at the ABC studio for her appearance on The View (11am EDT in most markets on ABC affiliates). They are going to reveal the artist sketch of the guy who threatened her in the parking lot in 2011.

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:38 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am
Jcolvin2 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:38 am
Maybenaut wrote:
You’re right. I don’t know why I said that.
This jogs a memory loose. Didn’t Trump appoint someone with Russian criminal connection to FinCEN last year? Or was that another oversight agency? :cantlook:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am

The sketch is out and much of it bears a strong resemblance to the Chin. Especially the lower jaw.

Can we credibly believe the sktech is just bullshit? I do.

Return to “Trump Administration”