Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

Whatever4

Re: Don't You Think He Looks Tired?

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:23 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 pm
GreatGrey wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:13 pm
It’s still never been explained why his primary doctor, Bornstein, is a gastroenterologist.

What’s wrong with his colon?
Gastros deal with liver, gall bladder and other issues. What he needs is a neurologist.
Gastric cover the digestive system, from mouth to anus. So there you go. :-

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 pm

My Mister had several TIA's and they were clearly evident on MRI's, If I recall correctly. As a man who previously handled complex legal cases, it was a dignified (though painful) decision to retire from the legal profession. Trump needs to be evaluated and removed. He holds our lives and future in his incompetent hands.

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:30 pm
My Mister had several TIA's and they were clearly evident on MRI's, If I recall correctly. As a man who previously handled complex legal cases, it was a dignified (though painful) decision to retire from the legal profession. Trump needs to be evaluated and removed. He holds our lives and future in his incompetent, tiny hands.
FIFY :-D

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am
To us, Mickie D's is Bathrooms of America. Actually, when we stop to use the restroom, we sometimes get a cup of their coffee. It is not bad, and I'm a fussy coffee drinker.

But more on topic, 45 has been in office for nearly a year (gag). When is the annual physical going to happen?

Okay, that question made me curious enough to search it as I've been thinking about it. Turns out, it's not required, so that will be the end of that.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2017 ... eb143b2397
There is no legal requirement whatsoever regarding the President’s physical health, nor is the president under any legal obligation to assess or disclose it.
He's going to Walter Reed for one I think next week, but he's under no legal obligation to release the records. GHW Bush did so to assure American that unlike Reagan, he was in sound health. Clinton, Dubya, & Obama did so as a matter of "tradition"

:snippity:

I think one of the lessons of the Trump era is going to be - don’t make assumptions about what is legal, not legal, required, or not required. When it gets right down to it, unwritten rules are worth the paper they’re printed on. In my own casual conversations, when people ask things like this, using words like “required”, my follow up question is always “required by whom? And who, specifically, enforces that? What happens, specifically, when that requirement is not met?” Don’t assume - if you can’t answer those questions, it’s probably not a “requirement” at all. In politics and even in government, many things we think of as obligations and requirements are actually more like suggestions held together only by tradition, convention, and the will of people to hold those in power accountable. Which, as Trump is proving, can always be flat-out ignored or bigfooted.
Exactly that.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:50 am

This is exactly like drafting settlement agreements or requesting specific orders from a judge in cases of domestic abuse. The power monger can come up with more reasons why particular language doesn't apply to him. It frustrated the judges at first but then they saw the necessity of it.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 pm

We know what four McDonald's sandwiches will do to anybody (Supersize Me) but nobody's talking about the Diet Coke he drinks all day long. My super-health-conscious brother used to drink it. At a doctor visit, his MD showed concern over some test results and asked about his diet. Mark proudly laid out his healthy, high fiber, low red meat and sweets diet, then topped it off admitting he only drinks unsweet tea, water and Diet Coke. His doc told him to drop the DC immediately, "That stuff''ll kill ya!" On top of everything else, there's a boat-load of salt in every can,

I pick my avatar to the holiday but now can't bear to look at puppy w/his flag. This is more appropriate.
ImageImageImage x4

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:11 pm

The boatloads of salt might explain the puffy eyes. They look like they’ve been injected with filler. :blink:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:18 pm

I’m off the TIA wagon and back onto the loose-fitting lower dentures wagon. Saw an article recently which quoted a dentist quoting another dentist who did veneers, implants and whitening. Trump was a constant customer.

Constant. Every two weeks. The recommended time between veneer replacements is 3-6 months. Trump demanded every two weeks even though he was told each time what the consequences might be.

The dentist explained that at that frequency, enamel was ripped away from the tooth to the point where a person would require dentures after a relatively short time.

That’s the speculation in the dental world.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:41 pm

kate520 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:18 pm
I’m off the TIA wagon and back onto the loose-fitting lower dentures wagon. Saw an article recently which quoted a dentist quoting another dentist who did veneers, implants and whitening. Trump was a constant customer.

Constant. Every two weeks. The recommended time between veneer replacements is 3-6 months. Trump demanded every two weeks even though he was told each time what the consequences might be.

The dentist explained that at that frequency, enamel was ripped away from the tooth to the point where a person would require dentures after a relatively short time.

I simply cannot imagine him getting removable dentures rather than permanent implants.

HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:41 pm
kate520 wrote:

I simply cannot imagine him getting removable dentures rather than permanent implants.
My husband has two implants. You need to have a decent amount of bone in the implant area for it to work.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
kate520 wrote:

I knew there was something bugging me about this but I had to come back to it to remember what it was.
Veneer replacements are recommended every 7-15 YEARS. Nobody in their right mind, rich or not, would replace porcelain veneers every 3-6 months (not to mention every 2 weeks), and any dentist doing so is probably guilty of malpractice at worst and ripping off patients at best. The enamel isn't "ripped away" it's filed off, and it makes the tooth sensitive to hot and cold. My studio partner is looking at getting veneers so we've been talking about it good bit as she weighs her alternatives.

I suspect the dentist quoting the dentist is the dental equivalent of trump's "doctor."

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:57 pm

I knew there was something bugging me about this but I had to come back to it to remember what it was.
Veneer replacements are recommended every 7-15 YEARS. Nobody in their right mind, rich or not, would replace porcelain veneers every 3-6 months (not to mention every 2 weeks), and any dentist doing so is probably guilty of malpractice at worst and ripping off patients at best. The enamel isn't "ripped away" it's filed off, and it makes the tooth sensitive to hot and cold. My studio partner is looking at getting veneers so we've been talking about it good bit as she weighs her alternatives.

I suspect the dentist quoting the dentist is the dental equivalent of trump's "doctor."
Perhaps Trump thinks it's like having a spray tan done every couple of days.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:01 pm

HeatherGray wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
kate520 wrote:

My husband has two implants. You need to have a decent amount of bone in the implant area for it to work.
My daughter had no bone for the top dental implants after her attack, so they grafted a piece of bone from her chin. That was one of the easiest surgeries she had, but without it, she wouldn't have been able to wear a denture either. They also used some kind of "liquid" graft on her lower jawbone for the other implant. It was bone dust they injected around the breaks that set up like concrete does from what I understand. They packed it in the broken areas of the bone. She had some sci-fi shit done to her face.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:14 pm

HeatherGray wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm

My mother couldn't get implants for that very reason.

I pick my avatar to the holiday but now can't bear to look at puppy w/his flag. This is more appropriate.
ImageImageImage x4

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Look at the photos of Trump at his $100,000/plate fundraiser in Manhattan in the Post. He does not just look tired to me. He looks sick. Maybe he knows that he is doomed to a spectacularly u failed presidency.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm
Look at the photos of Trump at his $100,000/plate fundraiser in Manhattan in the Post. He does not just look tired to me. He looks sick. Maybe he knows that he is doomed to a spectacularly u failed presidency.
:gotalink:

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:28 pm
Look at the photos of Trump at his $100,000/plate fundraiser in Manhattan in the Post. He does not just look tired to me. He looks sick. Maybe he knows that he is doomed to a spectacularly failed presidency.
The only article I could find (using their search engine) in WaPo about that event was an article that praised Trump's "performance" at that fundraiser. There is a photo of him entering Air Force One where he doesn't look good, but there is a photo of him on the stage smiling. Maybe there is a different article that I didn't find. Do you have a link the article you are referencing?

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm

RVInit wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm
TollandRCR wrote:
Look at the photos of Trump at his $100,000/plate fundraiser in Manhattan in the Post. He does not just look tired to me. He looks sick. Maybe he knows that he is doomed to a spectacularly failed presidency.
The only article I could find (using their search engine) in WaPo about that event was an article that praised Trump's "performance" at that fundraiser. There is a photo of him entering Air Force One where he doesn't look good, but there is a photo of him on the stage smiling. Maybe there is a different article that I didn't find. Do you have a link the article you are referencing?
I'm assuming he means the NY Post since the fundraiser was in Manhattan, although there is only one photo with the article.
https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/trump-rai ... undraiser/

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm
RVInit wrote:
TollandRCR wrote:
I'm assuming he means the NY Post since the fundraiser was in Manhattan, although there is only one photo with the article.
I don't think that is the fundraiser he's talking about - that one was back in September. I took it as a more recent fundraiser, but I could be wrong.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm

RVInit wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:47 pm
RVInit wrote:

I don't think that is the fundraiser he's talking about - that one was back in September. I took it as a more recent fundraiser, but I could be wrong.
I have no idea. That's the only $100,000 a-plate fundraiser I can find. He was in NY on Dec 2 for 3 fundraisers but no $100,000 ones.
http://abc7ny.com/trump-heads-to-nyc-to ... s/2727050/

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm

The fundraiser was last weekend.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:04 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:03 pm
The fundraiser was last weekend.
Do you have a link?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:10 pm

The new software is doing something funny. Saving prior posts and reposting them.

This calls for the Fogmeister to fix.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:14 pm

It was WAPO. Sorry.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:03 pm

Honestly, I'd rather he wasn't eating like an idiot, at least trying a sensible diet and maybe a treadmill while watching Fox & Friends. I want to see him perp walked out of the White House, not carried out on a stretcher.

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Trump Administration”