Made in America Week, your examples....

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #1 by Gregg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 am

Lemme see...

The Elevator in Trump Tower that the Russians took to that meeting to rope in your son and campaign aides....MADE IN AMERICA

The Presses down at The New York Times....MADE IN AMERICA

The fake memorial to the Civil War Battle that didn't take place on your golf course....MADE IN AMERICA

Picture frames containing the fake Time Magazine Covers in you golf clubs....MADE IN AMERICA

Servers being used to catalog evidence in the 4 and counting investigations of you....MADE IN AMERICA


Come on, everybody can play.



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 5309
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #2 by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:06 pm

The petard upon which the Trump Crime Syndicate seems bent on hoisting itself... MADE IN AMERICA.


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #3 by Gregg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 pm

In observance of "Made in America" week, Ivanka will be posing nude all week at Cheetos, where the pole is Made in America!



User avatar
kate520
Posts: 12864
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #4 by kate520 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:15 pm

MAGA Caps! MADE IN AMERI...what? Oh, maybe not.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/are ... de-in-usa/

Ivanka' s totally original shoes! MADE IN AM...no?
Um...Ivanka's clothes?


Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

P.K.
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Occupation: Actor. Legal Secretary. Cat Servant.
Contact:

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #5 by P.K. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Not Trump, but I'm currently wearing a tank top from American Apparel, which made all its clothes in Los Angeles. Sadly, American Apparel has filed for bankruptcy and will soon be history. Part of the problem with their business model was that their clothes were just too darned expensive for the simple basics they made so well, because they were made in Los Angeles and not Vietnam/China/Indonesia etc.


IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

SLQ
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:33 am

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #6 by SLQ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:06 pm

Blech. At home this morning taking care of a few things, and caught some of Drumph's "Made in America week" speech. It's all promises. Campaign promises. Nothing new. :liar:

Edit: "I think you're gonna see . . . No, I know you're gonna see . . ." something great "believe me." "You'll see."



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 39812
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Trump International - Malibu

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #7 by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:20 pm

All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.



User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 39812
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Trump International - Malibu

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #8 by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:23 pm

P.K. wrote:Not Trump, but I'm currently wearing a tank top from American Apparel, which made all its clothes in Los Angeles. Sadly, American Apparel has filed for bankruptcy and will soon be history. Part of the problem with their business model was that their clothes were just too darned expensive for the simple basics they made so well, because they were made in Los Angeles and not Vietnam/China/Indonesia etc.

Many of American Apparel's problems were self-inflicted by its CEO Dov Charney. Who was a litigation magnet and accused of serial sexual harassment.



Sunrise
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #9 by Sunrise » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.


:winner:



P.K.
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:42 am
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Occupation: Actor. Legal Secretary. Cat Servant.
Contact:

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #10 by P.K. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
P.K. wrote:Not Trump, but I'm currently wearing a tank top from American Apparel, which made all its clothes in Los Angeles. Sadly, American Apparel has filed for bankruptcy and will soon be history. Part of the problem with their business model was that their clothes were just too darned expensive for the simple basics they made so well, because they were made in Los Angeles and not Vietnam/China/Indonesia etc.

Many of American Apparel's problems were self-inflicted by its CEO Dov Charney. Who was a litigation magnet and accused of serial sexual harassment.


You're right about that. But I'm going to be sad when my AA tank tops wear out and I can't get any more.


IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played on on TV.

User avatar
phaseolus
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:17 pm
Location: Bay View, WI
Occupation: PLC Programmer

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #11 by phaseolus » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Once again I'm reminded of some ways in which I'm very privileged -- I acquired a decent technical education back when it was easily affordable, my factory automation programming skills are very much in demand and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, and I work for a company that supplies capital equipment to the food manufacturing industry in a country that produces lots of food. And food manufacturing is a business sector that's somewhat recession-proof.

Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.


Yep, I'm gonna steal this



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 12054
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #12 by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:



User avatar
RoadScholar
Posts: 5309
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:25 am
Location: Baltimore
Occupation: Historic Restoration Woodworker
Contact:

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #13 by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.

:winner:

So it's true that foreigners are doing the jobs Americans just won't do?


The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

User avatar
Estiveo
Posts: 6199
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Trouble's Howse

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #14 by Estiveo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 pm

:rotflmao:


"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

User avatar
Sterngard Friegen
Posts: 39812
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Trump International - Malibu

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #15 by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:36 am

Topped!

:thumbs:



User avatar
Techno Luddite
Posts: 2331
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #16 by Techno Luddite » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:37 am

Sunrise wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.


:winner:


Talk about immigrants stealing jobs



User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 12054
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #17 by RTH10260 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 am

Are / were Trump Steaks produced in the US of A?

:twisted: How many Trump family members went into said produce :?: :twisted:

(NADT)



User avatar
vic
Posts: 2773
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am
Location: The great San Fernando Valley
Occupation: Web developer

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #18 by vic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 am

phaseolus wrote:Once again I'm reminded of some ways in which I'm very privileged -- I acquired a decent technical education back when it was easily affordable, my factory automation programming skills are very much in demand and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, and I work for a company that supplies capital equipment to the food manufacturing industry in a country that produces lots of food. And food manufacturing is a business sector that's somewhat recession-proof.

Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.


Yep, I'm gonna steal this


I stole it as well, and posted on facebook. Already got a "like" in the first minute.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.



pipistrelle
Posts: 1347
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #19 by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 am

RoadScholar wrote:The petard upon which the Trump Crime Syndicate seems bent on hoisting itself... MADE IN AMERICA.


:like:



Somerset
Posts: 3205
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:52 am
Location: Shenzhen, China
Occupation: I take apart things that don't work and figure out why.

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #20 by Somerset » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:53 am

vic wrote:
phaseolus wrote:Once again I'm reminded of some ways in which I'm very privileged -- I acquired a decent technical education back when it was easily affordable, my factory automation programming skills are very much in demand and will continue to be for the foreseeable future, and I work for a company that supplies capital equipment to the food manufacturing industry in a country that produces lots of food. And food manufacturing is a business sector that's somewhat recession-proof.

Sterngard Friegen wrote:All of Trump's children were made in America. But four of them were made with foreign labor.


Yep, I'm gonna steal this


I stole it as well, and posted on facebook. Already got a "like" in the first minute.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.


:like:



User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 10008
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #21 by Dolly » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:52 am

Donald J. Trump <VIDEO >
Yesterday at 6:07am ·
My signature #MAGA hats are 100% Made In the USA by American workers. It’s #MadeInAmerica week, and they’re selling FAST! Use code MAGA to get yours 20% off: http://bit.ly/2vdXZVN



https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/vi ... 581845725/

another link to the stuff at:
Paid for by Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/collectio ... erchandise


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 12054
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #22 by RTH10260 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 am

Dolly wrote:
Donald J. Trump <VIDEO >
Yesterday at 6:07am ·
My signature #MAGA hats are 100% Made In the USA by American workers. It’s #MadeInAmerica week, and they’re selling FAST! Use code MAGA to get yours 20% off: http://bit.ly/2vdXZVN



https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/vi ... 581845725/

:snippity:

Is there some legal requirements to use the "Made in the USA" mark? Or is boxing up for detail sale already sufficient? Has Teh Donald ever presented the manufacturer of his merchandise?



maydijo
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #23 by maydijo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:45 am

He is so disgusting. So did he do this whole week just to flog his merchandise?

His entire family disgusts me - Melania suing because someone robbed her of the right to profit off being First Lady, Ivanka and her shilling her jewellery after TV appearances, the list is endless. This family is so unbelievably tacky, in addition to being immoral, unethical, possibly treasonous slimeballs.



User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 4505
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #24 by Sam the Centipede » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:54 am

maydijo wrote:He is so disgusting. So did he do this whole week just to flog his merchandise?

His entire family disgusts me - Melania suing because someone robbed her of the right to profit off being First Lady, Ivanka and her shilling her jewellery after TV appearances, the list is endless. This family is so unbelievably tacky, in addition to being immoral, unethical, possibly treasonous slimeballs.

So that's your view, and perhaps we should have a debate: is there anybody here to speak for the motion that "the Trump family is generous, patriotic, intelligent, socially conscious, outward-looking, thoughtful, philanthropic, innovative, artistic, honest, contemplative and above all deeply principled"? No? Oh.



Sunrise
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Re: Made in America Week, your examples....

Post #25 by Sunrise » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Did anyone see the Univision program about 45 last night? I didn't, but heard that a reporter got an $800 room in his DC hotel and proceeded to take pictures of the beautiful bed made in Italy. Also too, the sheets, towels, TV, etc., none of which were
American-made. No surprise there but I wish there could be much more coverage of his hypocrisy. Sad!




Return to “Trump Administration”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Somerset and 2 guests