Is Google crashed?

neonzx

Is Google crashed?

Post by neonzx »

I can't get to any Google services. Everything else on the web is working fine, including obviously Foghorn.
nrt38b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Is Google crashed?

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Works for me. Maybe you've been banned!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:07 pm
Works for me. Maybe you've been banned!
I feel that way sometimes.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Chrome is flagging non-https URLs with that sort of alert, as part of Google's increased focus on security. Other browsers built on Chrome may give the same error message.

Try clearing your history/cookies, then go to Google using https://www.google.com, see if that resolves it. If not, try it in another browser.
I've heard this bull before.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

I'm in with Firefox. But no go with IE either.
Chrome is throwing an HSTS error, which is a timing thing having to do with the site SSL security cert. If your computer clock is way off, that could happen.
But mine is not.

Weird.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:12 pm
Chrome is flagging non-https URLs with that sort of alert, as part of Google's increased focus on security. Other browsers built on Chrome may give the same error message.
Yabbut, it's their own homepage. :smoking:

much ado

Post by much ado »

I found this page on how to fix the Google certificate issue...

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/ho ... ate-error/

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Well gosh darn, now my primary computer sound is crashed, too, also. With a red X.
Jimbot just needs to go buy a replacement and smash the hell out of this 4 year old PC LOAD LETTER.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

neonzx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Well gosh darn, now my primary computer sound is crashed, too, also. With a red X.
Jimbot just needs to go buy a replacement and smash the hell out of this 4 year old PC LOAD LETTER.
You may have a virus. :panic:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:34 pm
neonzx wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 pm
You may have a virus. :panic:
I think it is just kaput. Half the letters are rubbed off. (I'm hard on 'puters)

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Well, it is kaput. Windows won't let me do a reset of the OS. (It hangs at 1% for 20 minutes before giving up) I'm not surprised as it's been flaking for the past 6 months or so, intermittently popping up with drive errors and blue screen of death. I know at least a fan died because it isn't blowing air and the case gets hot near the CPU. Heat is not a friend of electronics.

And I was incorrect, this clunker is now 5 years old (April 2014), so I've gotten the <$500 mileage out of it that I paid. They are disposable razors, after all. I think I'll skip Best Buy and see if Amazon has any deals going for Prime Day(s). Anyone seen promos for notebooks?

Return to “Media & Social Media”