Media Moves

Addie

Re: Media Moves

Post by Addie » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:18 pm

TIME: TIME’s Christine Blasey Ford Cover Recognized as 2018 Cover of the Year

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

Eric Son of Eric in Least surprising Announcement of not making enough money since he pissed off the idiots by turning on Lard Trump.
Erick Erickson
‏Verified account @EWErickson

Three years ago this week, I declared myself #NeverTrump in 2016. Today, I'm endorsing President Trump and Vice President Pence for re-election in 2020 and am glad to help them on the trail as needed during Campaign 2020.
I took one for the team by going to his article.

https://theresurgent.com/2019/02/11/ill ... e-in-2020/
This week in 2016, I declared I would be “Never Trump.” A friend suggested I use a hashtag that had started circulating on Twitter, i.e #NeverTrump. The piece exploded and pushed me into a whirlwind of coverage. Despite lots of pressure, protestors literally on my front porch, and harassment directed towards my family, I did not vote for Donald Trump in 2016. I voted third party.

Some of my concerns about President Trump remain. I still struggle on the character issue and I understand Christian friends who would rather sit it out than get involved. But I also recognize that we cannot have the Trump Administration policies without President Trump and there is much to like.

President Trump delivered on tax reform. He delivered on regulatory rollbacks. He delivered on undermining Obamacare. He delivered on moving the embassy in Israel. He delivered on withdrawal from the Paris Accord. He delivered on withdrawal from the Iranian agreement. He delivered on shifting American foreign policy focus to the Western Hemisphere to deal with Venezuela, Cuba, and other hotspots. He delivered on solid executive appointments, including to the judiciary.

I have ongoing concerns on tariffs, the national direction on North Korea, and other issues, but even with George W. Bush I had issues. No President is perfect. Some are badly flawed. In 2020, we’ll be asked to choose between a set of sinners and must decide which direction we want to go as a nation.

I will vote for Donald Trump and Mike Pence. And, to be clear, it will not be just because of what the other side offers, but also because of what the Trump-Pence team has done. They’ve earned my vote.
Tl;dr, I'm voting trump because its the Democrats fault.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:59 pm

The Hill
CNN, MSNBC to air ad turned down by Fox over Nazi imagery

CNN and MSNBC have both decided to air a commercial for a film about American Nazis that Fox News had previously declined to carry, The Washington Post reported Friday.

The ad, which is for the short film “A Night at the Garden,” will air during CNN's “The Situation Room” and MSNBC's “The Rachel Maddow Show” on Monday, according to The Post. The film is nominated for an Academy Award and shows footage from a 1939 Nazi rally in New York.

“We decided to dig deep and pay for television ads we weren’t planning to buy because we wanted to make the point that Fox News is out of the mainstream,” the movie’s director, Marshall Curry, told the newspaper.

“It says something that some news channels trust their audience to interpret American history while Fox distrusts its audience and doesn’t think it can do that.”

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 am

AHC, the go-to for all things Nazi (not that I mean that necessarily as a bad thing).

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:14 pm

And now for something completely different.

Alabama newspaper that ran KKK editorial now led by African-American woman

https://www.al.com/news/2019/02/alabama ... woman.html
A press release posted on the news website for the West Alabama Watchman says her position became effective Thursday. The press release says Dexter graduated from Eastern Illinois University with her bachelor’s in speech communication. She also earned a master’s in Human Services from Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies and a master’s in counseling from Argosy University.

“Over the past 10 years, she has been a strategic leader with expertise in human resources, operations and change management,” the press release said. “Ms. Dexter is coming in at a pivotal time for the newspaper and you may have full confidence in her ability to handle these challenging times.”

Photos credited to Dexter have been posted the paper’s Facebook page. However, the paper’s website seems to no longer be active.

Dexter said the remarks made in the now-infamous editorial by paper owner Goodloe Sutton don’t accurately represent the community in Linden.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:41 pm

All-star lineup of Tucson reporters faces buyouts, layoffs loom

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/rep ... offs-loom/
At least a dozen journalists have been given 45 days to decide if they'll accept six months of salary to walk away from their jobs as part of a cost-cutting effort by Lee Enterprises, the Iowa-based media chain that runs Tucson's daily newspaper.

On the list — and possibly soon no longer appearing on the morning daily's roster of journalists — are Greg Hansen, sports columnist, arts reporter Kathy Allen and environmental reporter Tony Davis, sources at the Star and others familiar with the situation said.

David Fitzsimmons, the outspoken editorial cartoonist and columnist, faces leaving his pen on his drawing board. Reporter Carmen Duarte has been at the Star since 1981. Other names familiar to even casual readers of the paper are on the list: Ernesto Portillo. Carol Ann Alaimo. Doug Kreutz. Alfredo Araiza and Ron Medvescek have photographed untold numbers of Tucsonans at thousands of news events. And behind the scenes, local news editor Norma Coile and copy editor George Campbell have worked to keep the news coming our way.

This round of buyouts is taking place across Lee's chain of nearly 50 newspapers, sources said.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:30 pm

CNN back tracking.

https://www.alternet.org/2019/03/cnn-qu ... an-editor/
When CNN announced they would be hiring Republican campaign strategist Sarah Isgur as an editor, it triggered a firestorm. Media experts were stunned at the decision, Democrats demanded that she not be given any role overseeing or participating in their presidential debates, and even newsroom insiders were reportedly baffled and “demoralized” by the decision.

To staunch the criticism, CNN promised that Isgur would not have a role in editorial policy, instead working as one of several people coordinating television and online content. Then, on Friday, Isgur announced that CNN was abandoning her appointment as an editor altogether, and will instead bring her on as a political commentator:

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:42 pm

As we know, Claire McCaskill became a contributor to MSNBC after her loss last fall. I've seen her a dozen times or so over the last couple of months. She has been IMO dreadful. Today I gave up and placed her on my Hit Mute list.

I find her focus on "what will the R's say?" eye-rolling and her insights, well, not at all insightful. IMO she is overly cautious, both about condemning the crime syndicate running the country and about the failure of the R's do do anything about it. She pushes for moderation at all costs, and is thus strikes me as a droning voice to put the breaks on anyone left of Joe Manchin. She seems to buy into the "OMG Dems are in disarray!" line and think the kind of "unity" the Rs are currently displaying is a good thing. Because, political.

Possibly I am severely jaded. What say ye?

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:41 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:42 pm
As we know, Claire McCaskill became a contributor to MSNBC after her loss last fall. I've seen her a dozen times or so over the last couple of months. She has been IMO dreadful. Today I gave up and placed her on my Hit Mute list.

I find her focus on "what will the R's say?" eye-rolling and her insights, well, not at all insightful. IMO she is overly cautious, both about condemning the crime syndicate running the country and about the failure of the R's do do anything about it. She pushes for moderation at all costs, and is thus strikes me as a droning voice to put the breaks on anyone left of Joe Manchin. She seems to buy into the "OMG Dems are in disarray!" line and think the kind of "unity" the Rs are currently displaying is a good thing. Because, political.

I have only seen her once on video after her loss. She sounded bitter and sarcastic.

“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:41 pm
p0rtia wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:42 pm

I have only seen her once on video after her loss. She sounded bitter and sarcastic.
That too.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 pm

I was not at all surprised to see her on MSNBC, and she has performed exactly as I had expected. I usually hit mute or change the channel when she comes on.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:55 am

Disney Completes $71.3 Billion Acquisition of 21st Century Fox

Wednesday March 20, 2019 5:09 am PDT by Mitchel Broussard

After first confirming its plan to acquire certain parts of 21st Century Fox in December 2017, today The Walt Disney Company has officially closed its $71.3 billion acquisition of Fox (via The Hollywood Reporter). The deal had to go through various regulatory and antitrust reviews, and Disney saw a bit of competition with Comcast for Fox's assets throughout 2018.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/03/20/di ... quisition/

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am

Vanity Fair - Gabe Sherman
“Everyone Thinks They’re Going to Sell”: Hellfire at Fox as Hannity Mulls Leaving

Donald Trump’s alliance with Fox News has been one of the few constants throughout his shambolic presidency. But in recent days, that bond has shown signs of fraying. On Sunday morning, Trump criticized Fox after it suspended Judge Jeanine Pirro for delivering an offensive monologue questioning Democratic Congresswoman Ilhan Omar’s patriotism. Later in the day, Trump lashed out at Fox journalists, tweeting: “Were @FoxNews weekend anchors, @ArthelNeville and @LelandVittert, trained by CNN prior to their ratings collapse? In any event, that’s where they should be working, along with their lowest rated anchor, Shepard Smith!” He implored Fox to “Keep fighting for Tucker”—Media Matters had uncovered a series of offensive statements Tucker Carlson had made while calling in to Bubba the Love Sponge’s radio show—“and fight hard for @JudgeJeanine.”

Trump’s attacks on Fox have widened the chasm between the network’s opinion hosts and the news division, which have been fighting a cold civil war since Roger Ailes was ousted in July 2016. Fox journalists, bristling at being branded an arm of the Trump White House, are lobbying Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace to rein in Fox & Friends, Sean Hannity, Lou Dobbs and Pirro. “Reporters are telling management that we’re being defined by the worst people on our air,” a frustrated senior Fox staffer told me. Fox’s opinion hosts, meanwhile, have made the case that Fox’s prime-time lineup not only reflects the audience’s worldview, but is responsible for the majority of the network’s advertising revenue. “We make the money,” an anchor close to Hannity told me.

The outcome of that civil war will be decided by Fox Corporation chairman and C.E.O. Lachlan Murdoch. Rupert’s oldest son took over the smaller media company that emerged out of the Murdochs’ $71 billion deal to sell their entertainment assets to Disney. Though Lachlan hired West Wing stalwart Hope Hicks, staffers believe he is likely to nudge the network away from its close marriage to Trump. Sources close to Lachlan pointed out that Lachlan is a libertarian conservative, not a MAGA diehard, who in private has expressed annoyance at Trump. “He doesn’t like Trump,” one person who has spoken with Lachlan told me. “There’s a lot of talk of the direction of the network changing under Lachlan,” the senior Fox staffer told me.

Sources pointed out the hiring of Donna Brazile and the appointment of Trump critic Paul Ryan to Fox Corp’s board as signs of Lachlan’s view on Trump. “Donna is a shot in that direction. Management knows they have an image problem.” Indeed, at an advertiser sales event in recent days, brands complained to Fox News executives about the network’s association with Trump, a source briefed on the meeting told me. (A spokesman for Lachlan declined to comment.) ...

Another vector influencing the Trump-Fox relationship is Hannity’s frustration with the Murdochs. Sources said Hannity is angry at the Murdochs’ firing of Ailes and Bill Shine, Hannity’s close friend and former producer. Hannity believes the Murdochs are out to get Trump. “Hannity told Trump last year that the Murdochs hate Trump, and Hannity is the only one holding Fox together,” a source who heard the conversation told me. Hannity has told friends that he intends to leave Fox when his contract expires in early 2021, two people who’ve spoken with him said. (Hannity did not respond to a request for comment.)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Addie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am
“Everyone Thinks They’re Going to Sell”: Hellfire at Fox as Hannity Mulls Leaving

:snippity:
Another vector influencing the Trump-Fox relationship is Hannity’s frustration with the Murdochs. Sources said Hannity is angry at the Murdochs’ firing of Ailes and Bill Shine, Hannity’s close friend and former producer. Hannity believes the Murdochs are out to get Trump. “Hannity told Trump last year that the Murdochs hate Trump, and Hannity is the only one holding Fox together,” a source who heard the conversation told me. Hannity has told friends that he intends to leave Fox when his contract expires in early 2021, two people who’ve spoken with him said. (Hannity did not respond to a request for comment.)
If there is a change in the WH on January 20, 2021, I believe Fox would neither renew the contract as from their side :think:

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:07 pm
Addie wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:13 am

:snippity:
If there is a change in the WH on January 20, 2021, I believe Fox would neither renew the contract as from their side :think:
A teensy, weensy bit of hubris, doncha think, Hannity?

“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Return to “Media & Social Media”