POST VERDICT TERRY TRUSSELL DISCUSSION - THE AFTERMATH

Sterngard Friegen

POST VERDICT TERRY TRUSSELL DISCUSSION - THE AFTERMATH

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:53 pm

Discussion on 7 different threads (!) is getting unwieldy. Why don't we take it here. If the discussion involves a specific day or video, I would suggest it be linked but discussed here. If necessary Foogie could close all the other threads, but I would prefer some continuity.

Let's see if we can do it, fellow Fogbowzers!

(And I even have "math" in the title to attract Hektor and Slarti.)

Reality Check

Re: POST VERDICT TERRY TRUSSELL DISCUSSION - THE AFTERMATH

Post by Reality Check » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:54 pm

:like:

I just posted this in Gimmy's thread:

Let's not forget that this isn't over for folks like Mr. Siegmeister, the school board members and others named in the fake true bills. If I were them I would be uneasy for a while because emotions are probably high after Trussell's conviction.

I applaud Mr. Siegmeister and the judges for having the courage to testify and help put a criminal like Trussell away.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Maybe Foogie or a green can temporarily lock the other 7 friggin' threads so we don't have such a disjointed conversation.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:02 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Discussion on 7 different threads (!) is getting unwieldy. Why don't we take it here. If the discussion involves a specific day or video, I would suggest it be linked but discussed here. If necessary Foogie could close all the other threads, but I would prefer some continuity.

Sounds like a great idea to me!

:like: :towel:

Too also, I want to thank our awesome boots on the ground :lovestruck: :dance: :thumbs: :swoon: and all those who dissected the video for those of us who didn't have time to watch. I look forward to your continued comments and only having one (Trussell) thread to be multiple pages behind in.
:happydance:

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:05 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Discussion on 7 different threads (!) is getting unwieldy. Why don't we take it here. If the discussion involves a specific day or video, I would suggest it be linked but discussed here. If necessary Foogie could close all the other threads, but I would prefer some continuity.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Discussion on 7 different threads (!)
Further proof of the irrelevancy of birthers.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 pm

I believe this is the prison time for simulating legal process in Florida.

For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 5.082.html

Link to simulating legal process: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... .0855.html

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:14 pm

The fine is $5,000.00.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:16 pm

Reality Check wrote::like:

Let's not forget that this isn't over for folks like Mr. Siegmeister, the school board members and others named in the fake true bills. If I were them I would be uneasy for a while because emotions are probably high after Trussell's conviction.

I applaud Mr. Siegmeister and the judges for having the courage to testify and help put a criminal like Trussell away.
I think this may not be over for the common law grand jury members either.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Has anyone seen any discussion of this on the various 'patriot' FB pages or websites, other than the few pages known to be big sympathizers? It would seem as if this should be a big deal to them.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:22 pm

I watched TT's entire testimony today. Here is my take.

He was confident he was going to be found not guilty. He saw the trial as a chance to finally get out his gang's message on Common Core, corruption in government, and how they see the grand jury. At one point (I wish I had time stamped but it's near the end of his direct testimony) he references and article he found by Roger Root (his name is actually Roger Roots). Roots wants to bring back "runaway" grand juries who can investigate matters on their own and offer presentments. Trussell was following Roots' recommendations although Roots was primarily writing about federal grand juries.

Here is a sample of Roots writings:

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/runaway.htm

Trussell also had a burning desire to show smart a guy he was who never finished college and couldn't stay at one career for very long was.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Respectfully, The idea of the daily videos is to discuss what's in each day's set of videos since people are watching at different times. There are 17 total videos in this series. We were starting to put more specific times on each video and witness lists. So if you're seeing something about Closing Arguments, it goes there. This way someone watching Days 1-5 can share what they saw at the end of each day/topic.

For example, RC's discussion of Terry's testimony above would be helpful to people before they watch and to comment after seeing them. Having 17 videos worth of comments is why we broke them out and it was some work but reading through them they make sense.

We'll stop on that till we hear more, but several thought the breakdowns make it easier. For analysis of the overall case and press, the main topic is the place as Realist said. And of course BOTG is clear. If you're adding a Post Verdict, well sure, Day 5 is really the verdict and remand to custody.

realist

Post by realist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Orlylicious wrote:Respectfully, The idea of the daily videos is to discuss what's in each day's set of videos since people are watching at different times. There are 17 total videos in this series. We were starting to put more specific times on each video and witness lists. So if you're seeing something about Closing Arguments, it goes there. This way someone watching Days 1-5 can share what they saw at the end of each day/topic.

For example, RC's discussion of Terry's testimony above would be helpful to people before they watch and to comment after seeing them. Having 17 videos worth of comments is why we broke them out.

We'll stop on that till we hear more, but several thought the breakdowns make it easier. For analysis of the overall case and press, the main topic is the place as Realist said. And of course BOTG is clear.

Concur.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Reality Check wrote::like:

Uneasy about what? Were there ever any direct threats of violence towards them? How large is the group with their emotions running high? I can't imagine it would be all that large if there wasn't even enough interest to pack the small courtroom or rate at least a couple of paragraphs in the local paper. The school board members weren't even called to testify.

I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced these people are physically dangerous. Has there been ANY indication that the witnesses or anyone else was ever in danger? Now that they have a conviction, even the paper terrorism will be less of an issue if the authorities know they have the authority to refuse to file bullshit. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:43 pm

Orlylicious wrote:Respectfully, The idea of the daily videos is to discuss what's in each day's set of videos since people are watching at different times. There are 17 total videos in this series. We were starting to put more specific times on each video and witness lists. So if you're seeing something about Closing Arguments, it goes there. This way someone watching Days 1-5 can share what they saw at the end of each day/topic.

For example, RC's discussion of Terry's testimony above would be helpful to people before they watch and to comment after seeing them. Having 17 videos worth of comments is why we broke them out and it was some work but reading through them they make sense.

We'll stop on that till we hear more, but several thought the breakdowns make it easier. For analysis of the overall case and press, the main topic is the place as Realist said. And of course BOTG is clear. If you're adding a Post Verdict, well sure, Day 5 is really the verdict and remand to custody.
I'm with you on this. It makes more sense to me to discuss each video separately, rather than just throwing it out there in one big pile we have to dig through. Unless everyone who comments wants to reference a particular video and time stamp every time they make a comment.....

realist

Post by realist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:

I'm with you on this. It makes more sense to me to discuss each video separately, rather than just throwing it out there in one big pile we have to dig through. Unless everyone who comments wants to reference a particular video and time stamp every time they make a comment.....
:yeah:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Uneasy about what? Were there ever any direct threats of violence towards them? How large is the group with their emotions running high? I can't imagine it would be all that large if there wasn't even enough interest to pack the small courtroom or rate at least a couple of paragraphs in the local paper. The school board members weren't even called to testify.

I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced these people are physically dangerous. Has there been ANY indication that the witnesses or anyone else was ever in danger? Now that they have a conviction, even the paper terrorism will be less of an issue if the authorities know they have the authority to refuse to file bullshit. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Did you listen to Siegmeister's testimony where he said he had gotten death threats and had paid for extra security and obtained a trained German Shepherd guard dog to be with his wife? Also in a separate interview someone linked earlier Clerk Dana Johnson mentioned getting death threats even before the Trussell kerfuffle with the grand jury. These same people are huge second amendment nuts too. All it takes is one angry deranged individual who thinks that the big bad government just took away their Fifth Amendment right for redress of grievances.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 pm

On a truly post-verdict topic - the sentencing - here's the Florida manual that's used to compute sentences.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/sen_cpcm/cpc_manual.pdf

The offenses that Terry was convicted of appear to fall into level 7 (of 10) for sentencing purposes (there's a table in one of the appendixes). Based on my really fast back-of-the-envelope, and assuming no prior criminal history, no enhancing factors I'm unaware of, and so forth, I get a minimum permissible sentence of just under 9 years. (The precise calculation is 56 points for the first count, 28 for each of the 4 additional counts, for a total of 168 points. The minimum sentence in months is Points - 28 (=140) * .75 (105 months = 8.75 years).

The bottom of the last page of the worksheet has a list of criteria for downward departures. None seem to fit the circumstances here.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Mr. Gneiss

Post by Mr. Gneiss » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Thanks Mike. With a minimum sentence of 8.75 years, I'm going with a sentence of 11 years. I base this on the judge giving additional time for TT's lies during his testimony and TT's walk-abouts during the trial.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:46 pm

Mikedunford wrote:On a truly post-verdict topic - the sentencing - here's the Florida manual that's used to compute sentences.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/sen_cpcm/cpc_manual.pdf

The offenses that Terry was convicted of appear to fall into level 7 (of 10) for sentencing purposes (there's a table in one of the appendixes). Based on my really fast back-of-the-envelope, and assuming no prior criminal history, no enhancing factors I'm unaware of, and so forth, I get a minimum permissible sentence of just under 9 years. (The precise calculation is 56 points for the first count, 28 for each of the 4 additional counts, for a total of 168 points. The minimum sentence in months is Points - 28 (=140) * .75 (105 months = 8.75 years).

The bottom of the last page of the worksheet has a list of criteria for downward departures. None seem to fit the circumstances here.
Thank you for posting that, Mike. I'd add to the consideration that the sentences on all five counts could be imposed consecutively (thus, I'd concur with 8.75 years), or concurrently, in which case, the sentence is more likely to be closer to 2 - 2.5 years, in my opinion.

Let there be no mistake in my opinion: I think Terry Trussell is a slug. I think he deserves prison time, and believe he will surely get it. But Terry Trussell has not been officially accused, tried and convicted of perjury. His demeanor in court might not have been a shining example of discretion and appropriate behavior, but he has not been officially accused, tried and convicted of criminal contempt. And I don't think he will be. I also don't think anyone's going to be rounding up Dowdell, Smith, or any of the rest of that bunch, at least not in Dixie County. And no, I don't think Dixie County (and the State) will be arresting Mark Schmidter and going to the expense of charging him and trying him for jury tampering.

It is my very great hope (and my belief) that Trussell will remain in custody until sentencing. I don't believe he'll be released on bond, not pre-sentencing, and not pending appeal. I believe that the State would vigorously and successfully oppose such a release. I believe Trussell will remain in the Dixie County Jail until his sentence and then, once sentence is passed, he will then pass into the supervision of the Florida Department of Corrections, who will move him quickly from the Dixie County Jail into a state prison facility assignment, first for intake and evaluation, and then will make Trussell's permanent prison assignment, which may or may not be to the same prison as the initial assignment.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 pm

I agree with Paul on that ...and have to say this is a truly fascinating forum when these types of events take place.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:59 pm

The implication of Sugar's questions/remarks is that most of these SovCits are blowhards, willing to use paper and words but not their fists or their weapons. I think that is probably right, but the crucial word in that sentence is "most." So far it has mostly been LEO's who have been physically harmed or killed by SovCits, but I don't want to count on that. Even if they are not insane, SovCit belief systems could justify wanton violence on a large scale. Anarchists are not exactly SovCits, but we need to learn from the coordinated anarchist bombings of June 2, 1919, in New York; Boston; Pittsburgh; Cleveland; Washington; D.C.; Philadelphia; and Patterson, New Jersey. FDR and Eleanor were almost casualties of one bomb. I say these people are dangerous and need to be carefully watched. They are not playing little boys' games.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Did you listen to Siegmeister's testimony where he said he had gotten death threats and had paid for extra security and obtained a trained German Shepherd guard dog to be with his wife? Also in a separate interview someone linked earlier Clerk Dana Johnson mentioned getting death threats even before the Trussell kerfuffle with the grand jury. These same people are huge second amendment nuts too. All it takes is one angry deranged individual who thinks that the big bad government just took away their Fifth Amendment right for redress of grievances.
I'm with RC here. Somebody posted a link to a Tampa newspaper today in one of these threads about Trussell, Dowdell and some of their shenanigans, including the Dixie County debacle. The article was from last September but Ms Johnson said she got threats every day and was afraid to go to work. And apparently the county took the threats serious enough to have extra security at the courthouse during the trial. So, I say better safe than sorry. It only takes one crazy nutjob.

As for RWNJ followup, there's been a little discussion at PFA, mostly of the All Judges and Lawyers are Corrupt sort. Nobody there has watched any videos. They still think Trussell was standing up for his CLGJ. They don't have a clue he threw them all under the bus in an attempt to save his hide. Here are the last two entries, one from Michael Regan and the other Old Rooster:
Reply by Michael M. Regan 6 hours ago
I'm just a simple person really but I can't rest when things don't add up. And for the life of me I cannot understand how the jury found Terry guilty of essentially "misrepresentation". Let's review. In April Terry was sworn in as a grand jury foreman. As a GJF it is his responsibility to file charges in all cases of corruption and abuse just to name a few. Now as a sworn Grand Jury Foreman how is he misrepresenting himself. Also, I have been looking at Florida state law, specifically those that pertain to the grand jury. Under Florida law the grand jury foreman has complete immunity which is to protect him from retribution from those in authority except in the case of breaching the rights of witnesses. Terry filed two complaints, one against common core, one against Jeffery Siegneister for unlawful and illegal behavior. So how did he misrepresent himself and where is his absolute immunity from prosecution??? Anyone?? Anyone?? And why did his attorney not argue on those facts and how does the jury not recognize the Florida statuts that protect him??

Reply by Old Rooster 1 hour ago
Hopefully by the time this is all completed and finished this judge and both prosecutors will be spending a lot of years in prison. Just pray that Terry Trussell makes it that far, And his wife also.

The only other option I see available right now is the law of the Constitution # 38.
What does he mean by law of the constitution #38?

ImageImageImage x4

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:39 pm

My guess is he is referring to a .38 (firearm).

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 pm

It would seem that for the most part that MOST sovcits are blowhard closet cowards and bullies. That isn't to say that some of them aren't physically dangerous. In fact there have been enough incidents to show that there are a good number of them that are dangerous. Individually, I think most all of them are cowards, but if there are enough of them together I also think they would be bold enough to actually harm someone if they thought they could get away with it. I do hope that the Dixie Co. authorities are taking precautions to protect their people from retaliation and keeping an eye on possible problems.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Terry Trussell”