GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016 Incl Felon Walk

Sugar Magnolia

Re: GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Do we have any concrete indication that the State is actually interested in going after anyone else or is this just speculation and wishful thinking?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:35 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote: I, for one, am looking forward to Chapter 2. The man I most want to see behind bars is Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. My bet is that if he gets indicted he'll hire the best fancy pants lawyers he can, and he'll scurry away from the Sovereign Citizen bullshit as fast as possible. After all, he has a very large fortune to protect.
What do you think the odds are of a Chapter 2?
After the way Vigilante Trusssell perjured himself shamelessly? I'd say better than 50-50. I just hope other vigilantes are included this time.

Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:41 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:Do we have any concrete indication that the State is actually interested in going after anyone else or is this just speculation and wishful thinking?
No concrete indication that I've seen.

J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:43 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Techno Luddite wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote: I, for one, am looking forward to Chapter 2. The man I most want to see behind bars is Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. My bet is that if he gets indicted he'll hire the best fancy pants lawyers he can, and he'll scurry away from the Sovereign Citizen bullshit as fast as possible. After all, he has a very large fortune to protect.
What do you think the odds are of a Chapter 2?
After the way Vigilante Trusssell perjured himself shamelessly? I'd say better than 50-50. I just hope other vigilantes are included this time.
I've seen far more blatant than that in civil trials with not even a hint of a charge. But that is here on the West Coast, and in a civil context.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:08 pm

As I see it, if they don't go after the perjurers, they will think they got away with something and will be back. Right now they think they are clever and pulled something off. This bunch isn't particularly smart to begin with so they won't over think, or even really think much about what they've done, they will just keep on doing it.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: GUILTY! Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Maybenaut wrote: I agree that not all of it is necessarily on her. If Trussel refused to plead guilty, for example, well, that was his right (and given the number of acquittals, maybe not such a bad call). So she's got to play the hand she's dealt. But she could have played a much more strategic hand. I also don't know the extent to which she has bought into any of the sovcit bullshit, although I didn't get the impression that she had.

I got the impression she was just phoning it in because she knew she couldn't win. I've had to represent people who were clearly guilty and there was no available defense. It sucks. But I think our profession demands that we at least appear to zealously advocate for our clients. I think she thought she was doing that by acting all rightously indignant. Her client would have been better served if she had made whatever lame-assed legal arguments the situation called for without all the theatrics.

Whether she was aware that he would commit perjury is a whole other discussion, and I don't know the answer to that.
I think she did an adequate job. Was she as professional as she could have been? "No." Grading on a curve- a C-.
I don't know about that. It seems maybe a little optimistic.

Her pre-trial approach was to get a bulldozer out and try to search for pebbles of information that would help her client. Not a very efficient means of proceeding. Was she being paid by the hour for this? Who was paying?

In general, her paperwork was always not just bad, but offensively bad and even off-point. It was not lawyer work, or even work that had been reviewed by a lawyer. It was garbage that wasted the court's time and resources. And, it seemed to get worse as she neared trial, where it could do the most potential damage to her client, a criminal defendant.

Her courtroom points were not articulated well at all, with rare exception.

In chambers with Judge Hankinson she was rude and abrupt, even when discussing problems that most judges would consider to be of her own making (i.e., not turing in real jury instructions prior to the start of trial).

She may have suborned perjury.

I will say that, given the very limited amount she had to work with, and the crappy job done before that, she then made perhaps the best points possible in her close. She actually had people looking at the documents, reading them, discussed interpretation, some things that made sense to talk about (even if one doesn't agree with her). I was truly surprised she did that well with the material given her prior tendency to babble irrelevancies.

She is the gatekeeper of what goes on in the courtroom for her client. She could, if she took it seriously enough, have likely even influenced Gimmy to not be offensive to the point he got kicked out (way to go, making the person he was there to support look like he hangs out with asses). She could have cut way down on bs filings. She could have exercised some editorial control. She could have filed real jury instructions, conducted a focused defense, and not the silly "I have no idea what you are asking" games.

I give her a D
I graded her on trial performance only. Upon reading her subpar jury instructions for mistake of law and fact I agree with the D and lean toward a D-.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I also note that Garcia elicited (I do not say "suborned") obviously perjured testimony from Trussell, that might lead to perjury charges and a second round of prosecutions against him and others. The three "pop up grand jury" members who testified might also find themselves the subject of perjury charges. Likewise Hagan Smith and Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., both thrown under the bus by Trussell's defense, may be facing a variety of charges.
Even if a lawyer doesn't actively encourage a client or witness to lie, if the lawyer has good reason to believe that they WILL lie, doesn't the lawyer have an obligation to prevent a witness/client from perjuring themselves? Can a lawyer call a witness that he/she knows will lie?

Plutodog

Re: GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016 Incl Felon Walk

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 pm

OK -- IANAL but unless Terry told ol' Ingrid the same lies all along that he told on the stand, she had to know that he lied when he GOT on the stand, didn't she? Does she not have a duty to report said lies if that is the case? Or can she not rat out her client because of privilege if she didn't know before it happened?

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Slim Cognito

Re: GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016 Incl Felon Walk

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:11 pm

Plutodog wrote:OK -- IANAL but unless Terry told ol' Ingrid the same lies all along that he told on the stand, she had to know that he lied when he GOT on the stand, didn't she? Does she not have a duty to report said lies if that is the case? Or can she not rat out her client because of privilege if she didn't know before it happened?
I refuse to believe that when TT hired IG, he told her it was just a mistake, a bunch of friends gathered together in a conveniently unlocked (after TT requested it be unlocked) courtroom and thought they'd write down their complaints for the sheriff's benefit. It wasn't his fault the clerk ignored his order and accidentally filed the complaints, and then removed them, and then a miracle happened, and TT is going to prison.

Trying to coordinate goggies to Trumpies in trouble:
Manafort's bankers are not good boys and girls.
ImageImageImage x4

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:15 pm

noblepa wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:I also note that Garcia elicited (I do not say "suborned") obviously perjured testimony from Trussell, that might lead to perjury charges and a second round of prosecutions against him and others. The three "pop up grand jury" members who testified might also find themselves the subject of perjury charges. Likewise Hagan Smith and Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., both thrown under the bus by Trussell's defense, may be facing a variety of charges.
Even if a lawyer doesn't actively encourage a client or witness to lie, if the lawyer has good reason to believe that they WILL lie, doesn't the lawyer have an obligation to prevent a witness/client from perjuring themselves? Can a lawyer call a witness that he/she knows will lie?
That's one of those questions that on its face seems pretty simple but in practice is not, IMO. I once had a very long discussion about this with my supervisor when I was doing trial work. I was worried about suborning perjury and my ethical obligations so I discussed it with my supervising attorney. My supervisor's question to me was, "How do you know he's lying? Were you there?" That was a pretty good question. Would the fact that my client's version of events differed from that of a bunch of witnesses or documentary evidence necessarily lead me to the conclusion that he's lying? Maybe. Or maybe he's confused or mistaken. I think it would depend on the circumstances.

Don't get me wrong -- I think Trussell lied his ass off.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Turtle wrote:What are the chances they go (or are in the process of going) after Dowdell for illegal recording of the FDLE meeting?
According to Trussell, Dowdell "accidentally" recorded the meeting.

OK. You find out what you did and then if it was accidental you erase it, right?

No! If you find out you accidentally recorded the meeting you transcribe it.

Yes, I hope that's one of the counts in the indictment against Dowdell. There should also be a conspiracy charge against him. Trussell may be able to get a reduction in his sentence if he cooperates and testifies against Dowdell.
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Hello lurking common law grand jury people. We know you're there. You didn't waste any time linking up with RC's youtube videos of the trial. Just mull this around in your head. Dowdell hasn't had one successful common law grand jury. All that advice he gave Trussell, and you, got Trussell what may be a very long prison sentence. If you try the same thing, it could happen to you, too. So, who's the bad guy here? Commie Core or the guy who just got one of your friends sent up the river, and didn't even bother to show up in court for support? Think about it.

ImageImageImage x4

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:23 pm

Well, hells bells, at least Gimme Truth showed up, passed out jury nullification pamphlets and got himself kicked out of court! That outta count for something.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:Well, hells bells, at least Gimme Truth showed up, passed out jury nullification pamphlets and got himself kicked out of court! That outta count for something.
Not unless he shows the balls to show up on his personal thread here and tell us how everything is going well, the state's case is falling apart. :fingerwag:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:14 pm

I'm curious to know if the email from *Hagen Smith to the CLGJ identified the recipients or if they were all BCC'd. *Witness testimony as to who sent the email.

And what a co-inkydink that most of the email recipients were mysteriously local Tea Party folks. Now who would have a list of email addresses of the local Tea Party people?

Hmmmm... That's a real head scratcher since TT, the local Tea Party Grand Poobah & CLGJ foreman who was asked "by the people of Dixie County" to get Commie Core's conspirators arrested & who filed the docs... TT didn't know nuthin 'bout who asked them to meet on 8/14.

TT "assumed someone asked them" to come to the courthouse that morning.

00:44:15 https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... bwFyC9CLrY

I've got to wonder if this is the email address of the *mysterious person who acquired the list of email addresses of Dixie County TP members & asked them to attend the CLGJ on 8/14/14: juryjustice25 at gmail.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:17 pm

So, does this mean Terry won't be feasting at the smorgasbord while regaling his TP friends with tales of how the state's case fell apart?
Terry Trussell – Update on his case (Pending Outcome of 6/6 Court Date)
THE HIGHLANDS TEA PARTY
June 28, 2016
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
HOMERS SMORGASBORD
1000 Sebring Square
SEBRING, FLORIDA
:cry: :cry: :cry:

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:22 pm

Won't Terry be out on bond by the 28th so he can make the meeting and update the Tea Party on his case?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:Well, hells bells, at least Gimme Truth showed up, passed out jury nullification pamphlets and got himself kicked out of court! That outta count for something.
And, oddly enough, I give him credit for that. He may be an idiot, but he's a loyal idiot.

ImageImageImage x4

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Karen Walker wrote:I'm curious to know if the email from *Hagen Smith to the CLGJ identified the recipients or if they were all BCC'd. *Witness testimony as to who sent the email.

And what a co-inkydink that most of the email recipients were mysteriously local Tea Party folks. Now who would have a list of email addresses of the local Tea Party people?

Hmmmm... That's a real head scratcher since TT, the local Tea Party Grand Poobah & CLGJ foreman who was asked "by the people of Dixie County" to get Commie Core's conspirators arrested & who filed the docs... TT didn't know nuthin 'bout who asked them to meet on 8/14.

TT "assumed someone asked them" to come to the courthouse that morning.

00:44:15 https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... bwFyC9CLrY

I've got to wonder if this is the email address of the *mysterious person who acquired the list of email addresses of Dixie County TP members & asked them to attend the CLGJ on 8/14/14: juryjustice25 at gmail.
It is a real damned pickle, Karen.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
And, oddly enough, I give him credit for that. He may be an idiot, but he's a loyal idiot.
I laugh. And laugh and laugh, wishing I could have seen him thrown out of court!

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:30 pm

DejaMoo wrote:So, does this mean Terry won't be feasting at the smorgasbord while regaling his TP friends with tales of how the state's case fell apart?
THE HIGHLANDS TEA PARTY
June 28, 2016
HOMERS SMORGASBORD
1000 Sebring Square
SEBRING, FLORIDA
The phrase "unavoidably detained" comes to mind.

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:30 pm

DejaMoo wrote:So, does this mean Terry won't be feasting at the smorgasbord while regaling his TP friends with tales of how the state's case fell apart?
THE HIGHLANDS TEA PARTY
June 28, 2016
HOMERS SMORGASBORD
1000 Sebring Square
SEBRING, FLORIDA
I am sure the judge will grant him a release on compassionate grounds. I mean, the death of a parent or child or spouse or a child's wedding or graduation - surely we can all agree that a get-together at Homer's Smörgåsbord is grounds for such a release. Otherwise, where is our sense of charity and concern for our brother.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Do we know for a fact that gimmie is the one who was kicked out of the court room or are we still just assuming it was him? Have we gotten confirmation on that yet? Any idea why whoever it was got kicked out?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:Do we know for a fact that gimmie is the one who was kicked out of the court room or are we still just assuming it was him? Have we gotten confirmation on that yet? Any idea why whoever it was got kicked out?
Mark Schmidter was kicked out. He was making a disturbance. Gestures, mutterings, facial expressions. At some point it became distracting.

He was sure proud of those leaflets. And we should thank him for that, too. I'm sure the jury understood what it meant to be stalked by one of these seditionists who wants to set up an alternate judicial system because they don't like the one everybody else has.

Way to go, Mark! :thumbs:

slash2k

Post by slash2k » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:39 pm

esseff44 wrote:Won't Terry be out on bond by the 28th so he can make the meeting and update the Tea Party on his case?
Only if Ms. Garcia files a competent and well-written motion and makes a good argument that the judge accepts.

:rotflmao:

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

slash2k wrote:
esseff44 wrote:Won't Terry be out on bond by the 28th so he can make the meeting and update the Tea Party on his case?
Only if Ms. Garcia files a competent and well-written motion and makes a good argument that the judge accepts.

:rotflmao:
In other words, no.

Return to “Terry Trussell”