GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016 Incl Felon Walk

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:41 pm

For the human cost of this, back in 2015 RawStory did a CGJ story and quoted Dana Johnson (love her by the way!)
These Florida Tea Partiers plan to set up a secret vigilante court to arrest — and possibly execute — Obama
Travis Gettys 21 Oct 2015 at 12:37 ET

However, just about 200 miles north, sovereign citizens are threatening to arrest or physically harm elected officials in Dixie County, Florida — where a Tea Party activist was arrested after trying to turn a legitimate jury into a common law grand jury.

“I’m getting harassing emails and threatening faxes saying they’re going to arrest me,” said Dana Johnson, the clerk of courts, told the Herald-Tribune. “This one says they want info on bonds and oaths. There are further demands. I’m concerned about my safety. The local sheriff has alerted (the Florida Department of Law Enforcement) and the FBI. Anytime they come up on our public agenda we have security with us at all times.”

Terry Trussell, who helped organize the failed Operation American Spring rally to drive Obama from office, has been charged with 14 counts of impersonating court officials.

“Once Trussell got selected to serve on a legitimate grand jury, it became the perfect storm,” Johnson said. “From that point, he’s taken it on his own authority to create a sovereign citizen board of common law grand jurors. I am constantly scared.”

Dixie County Sheriff Dewey Hatcher, who has just 15 deputies to patrol 700 square miles, says he has known Trussell all his life, but only recently met Dowdell.

“He's one of their 'administrative investigators' for their people's grand jury,” Hatcher said. “He came into it when Trussell had 'indictments.'”

The sheriff has not arrested anyone.

“They asked if I would help with their indictments. I said any order has to be signed by a judge — whether it's a warrant or whatever — it's got to be a legal court document,” Hatcher said. “They 'indicted' everyone from the governor and (Attorney General) Pam Bondi on down to the president of our school board, and they said the school board attorney should be fired.”
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/10/these-f ... ute-obama/

Also links to Herald Tribune story, lots about Rodger Dowdell and how he's working to create more of these fake Grand Juries. In another county:
The board voted 4-4 in May to study a proposal by Rodger Dowdell, a Tea Party activist who denies being a sovereign citizen but, nonetheless, spouts sovereign citizen rhetoric.

“Grand jury powers come from God,” Dowdell said, advocating a return to the post-Revolution legal system where there were no police departments and judges rode horseback to hear cases brought by groups of 25 citizens.

Most importantly, he told the Herald-Tribune, those rulings would be kept out of reach of presidential and even U.S. Supreme Court authority.

“A people’s common law grand jury can, without any probable cause, go into any nook or cranny of government — local, state or federal — research anything that’s going on and root out corruption,” Dowdell said. “We want to government to recognize the contract we call the constitution, and start obeying the law. It’s very simple.”
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... ?p=1&tc=pg
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:46 pm

Given the conflux of grand juries and older guys with misplaced-anger issues, I am a little surprised that Rondeau isn't more on this. Maybe she's too bizzy reporting on Tennessee's corruption, and doesn't have time to look into Florida's (inevitable) corruption.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Orlylicious wrote:You and Mr. Meggs :lol: He said October one time during the Trussell cross and Terry made a deal of it, said it totally threw him off. :roll: It was August :P

Foggy while you're here can I just say this has been AWESOME, Fogbow totally rules. We had a thrice disbarred felon, an admitted jury tamperer, and a totally inside look at the players and the trial itself. Just this week. You made an amazing place and Realist and Kate rock too. Thanks!
AGREED!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs:
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Orlylicious wrote:Dixie County Sheriff Dewey Hatcher, who has just 15 deputies to patrol 700 square miles, says he has known Trussell all his life, but only recently met Dowdell.
I guess that answers the question about Trussell being a local.

realist

Post by realist » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:00 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:
And three of them showed up in court and perjured themselves.
Hey, hey, hey! Didn't Terry say he didn't know who they were?? Or was that the DCGJ?
I've got to go back and listen again but from what I recall from the cross - Meggs referred to the CLGJ as a "spontaneous gathering" & TT said he didn't know who invited them to the 8/14 CLGJ meeting.

Last night I read TT's written timeline (his own words). According to TT, those CLGJ met on August 12th to elect the 25 members. Then on 8/13 he asked to reserve the court room for 8/14.

(Disclaimer: I'm only 1/2 way through my 1st cup of coffee so my brain may not be firing right.)
I've forgotten where that is contained. Do you have a handy linky?
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: GUILTY! Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
nbc wrote:Having seen IG in action, I am appalled at the quality or lack thereof as a legal representative for Terry.

Ill prepared, ill equipped, and mostly clueless on anything that required a legal understanding.
Give her a little break. She didn't have much to work with, she had a horrible client and no control. Her client was a lying piece of shit. Her actions and behavior in court however were disrespectful and juvenile.
I agree that not all of it is necessarily on her. If Trussel refused to plead guilty, for example, well, that was his right (and given the number of acquittals, maybe not such a bad call). So she's got to play the hand she's dealt. But she could have played a much more strategic hand. I also don't know the extent to which she has bought into any of the sovcit bullshit, although I didn't get the impression that she had.

I got the impression she was just phoning it in because she knew she couldn't win. I've had to represent people who were clearly guilty and there was no available defense. It sucks. But I think our profession demands that we at least appear to zealously advocate for our clients. I think she thought she was doing that by acting all rightously indignant. Her client would have been better served if she had made whatever lame-assed legal arguments the situation called for without all the theatrics.

Whether she was aware that he would commit perjury is a whole other discussion, and I don't know the answer to that.
I think she did an adequate job. Was she as professional as she could have been? "No." Grading on a curve- a C-.
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:07 pm

I might be inclined to go with C- if it weren't for the jury instructions and pleadings that were likely written by CELIII. Problem with that is there isn't any proof she didn't write that stuff.

I think she did just well enough to withstand a Strickland anslysis.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Orlylicious wrote:Dixie County Sheriff Dewey Hatcher, who has just 15 deputies to patrol 700 square miles, says he has known Trussell all his life, but only recently met Dowdell.
I guess that answers the question about Trussell being a local.
I was just about to ask how that was possible- given TT's 30 minute diatribe about his life history. I need to rewatch the sheriff's testimony. Surely he was asked how long he knew TT. Either this is sloppy reporting or another problem with testimony.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:14 pm

realist wrote:
Karen Walker wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
Hey, hey, hey! Didn't Terry say he didn't know who they were?? Or was that the DCGJ?
I've got to go back and listen again but from what I recall from the cross - Meggs referred to the CLGJ as a "spontaneous gathering" & TT said he didn't know who invited them to the 8/14 CLGJ meeting.

Last night I read TT's written timeline (his own words). According to TT, those CLGJ met on August 12th to elect the 25 members. Then on 8/13 he asked to reserve the court room for 8/14.

(Disclaimer: I'm only 1/2 way through my 1st cup of coffee so my brain may not be firing right.)
One correction, it wasn't 8/12, it was 8/11. From P&E - TT also confirms the reporting in the comments below it: http://www.thepostemail.com/2014/09/18/ ... orruption/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Hatcher made it sound like he didn't really know Terry, he said they didn't go out together or anything... Terry hung out there sometimes and they saw him. Reporting is sloppy I think, noticed it. Trussells weren't in Dixie County so how would he know him. Maybe he said something like "I known him forever but Dowdell was new."
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:14 pm

It's Raw Story, Karen. Assume sloppy reporting until proved otherwise.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

boots

Re: GUILTY! Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Maybenaut wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
Give her a little break. She didn't have much to work with, she had a horrible client and no control. Her client was a lying piece of shit. Her actions and behavior in court however were disrespectful and juvenile.
I agree that not all of it is necessarily on her. If Trussel refused to plead guilty, for example, well, that was his right (and given the number of acquittals, maybe not such a bad call). So she's got to play the hand she's dealt. But she could have played a much more strategic hand. I also don't know the extent to which she has bought into any of the sovcit bullshit, although I didn't get the impression that she had.

I got the impression she was just phoning it in because she knew she couldn't win. I've had to represent people who were clearly guilty and there was no available defense. It sucks. But I think our profession demands that we at least appear to zealously advocate for our clients. I think she thought she was doing that by acting all rightously indignant. Her client would have been better served if she had made whatever lame-assed legal arguments the situation called for without all the theatrics.

Whether she was aware that he would commit perjury is a whole other discussion, and I don't know the answer to that.
I think she did an adequate job. Was she as professional as she could have been? "No." Grading on a curve- a C-.
I don't know about that. It seems maybe a little optimistic.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:It's Raw Story, Karen. Assume sloppy reporting until proved otherwise.
My inclination exactly. I can't imagine the sheriff would perjure himself. I can believe a lazy reporter would assume or take a statement out of context. The sheriff probably said HE had lived there all his life & had known TT for years.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Karen Walker wrote:One correction, it wasn't 8/12, it was 8/11. From P&E - TT also confirms the reporting in the comments below it: http://www.thepostemail.com/2014/09/18/ ... orruption/
That was posted on Hoyt's website as well.

Part of this post:

EXCLUSIVE: In-Depth Interview with Terry Trussell - Arrested by a Corrupt Judiciary
Jason Hoyt
September 13, 2014

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:29 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Family Liberty Patriot wrote:It's Raw Story, Karen. Assume sloppy reporting until proved otherwise.
My inclination exactly. I can't imagine the sheriff would perjure himself. I can believe a lazy reporter would assume or take a statement out of context. The sheriff probably said HE had lived there all his life & had known TT for years.
It's worse than that; RS doesn't even HAVE reporters. They re-write stories from other sources, getting stuff even more wrong in the process. And they haven't gotten any better over the years. I keep them bookmarked because they can lead me to stories I might otherwise never see, but I long ago stopped trusting them on details.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:
Karen Walker wrote:
It's worse than that; RS doesn't even HAVE reporters. They re-write stories from other sources, getting stuff even more wrong in the process. And they haven't gotten any better over the years. I keep them bookmarked because they can lead me to stories I might otherwise never see, but I long ago stopped trusting them on details.
Upon further review, RS pilfered the exact graph from the Herald Tribune report. That report was in-depth & 7 web pages long. It also wasn't a direct quote so I'm still inclined to presume the reporter misunderstood; sheriff lived there all his life & had known TT for years (albeit "years" = 3-5 years).
Dixie County Sheriff Dewey Hatcher, who has just 15 deputies to patrol 700 square miles, says he has known Trussell all his life, but only recently met Dowdell.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Does anyone know if Terry has ever explained what is a "Bill of Information?" I know in some early hearings and interviews he talks a lot about a "Statement of Particulars".

In one of the more humorous exchanges during the cross examination, Meggs asked Terry what that was, Terry kinda laughed and said, "Sir, I'm not an attorney."

Meggs says something like, "well you signed it and brought it to the court clerk, what do you think it is?"

Terry says he reckons it is some kind of header thingy that is used to give the document some context. Or something.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:17 pm

TiredRetiredLawyer and Techno are very generous. I tend to side more with Techno's analysis. I do note Garcia got 9 acquittals, although those may have been the result of a compromise verdict. So instead of facing 70 years in prison (with a minimum of 10), Trussell is facing only 24 years in prison (with a minimum of 10). My guess is Trussell will get 10 years, as to which he can work off 15% with good behavior. And when he comes out of prison, at 80, he won't be trying to terrorize public officials any more.

I also note that Garcia elicited (I do not say "suborned") obviously perjured testimony from Trussell, that might lead to perjury charges and a second round of prosecutions against him and others. The three "pop up grand jury" members who testified might also find themselves the subject of perjury charges. Likewise Hagan Smith and Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr., both thrown under the bus by Trussell's defense, may be facing a variety of charges.

So, all in all, there may be a lot of SovCit carnage left in the wake an unsuccessful and fairly awful defense of Terry Trussell. As to all of which I say "Well done, Inger Garcia!"

I, for one, am looking forward to Chapter 2. The man I most want to see behind bars is Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. My bet is that if he gets indicted he'll hire the best fancy pants lawyers he can, and he'll scurry away from the Sovereign Citizen bullshit as fast as possible. After all, he has a very large fortune to protect.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Will they have to take the ebidense of Gimmie's transgressions to the Real Grand Jury® or...?
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:21 pm

realist wrote:
Karen Walker wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:

And three of them showed up in court and perjured themselves.
Patagoniagirl wrote:
)
No, the four symbolic CLGJ members who testified all said they knew Trussell from tea party meetings. (I'm only positive three perjured themselves, I can't remember what the first guy said. He wasn't as belligerent as the others.) Trussell says he didn't know who the people were in the real grand jury.
ImageImageImage x4

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:24 pm

If Terry did a plea bargain, they might have dropped more charges than he was acquitted of. Maybe plead guilty to 2 or 3 charges and get a suspended sentence, or time served, and be out by now.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:24 pm

By the way, if there is a perjury prosecution against Trussell, guess who a key witness is? None other than Sharon Rondeau. I look forward to her deposition being taken in Connecticut. And based on the Uniform Act to Secure the Attendance of Witnesses From Without A State in Criminal Proceedings, Rondeau can be compelled to come to Florida to testify. That should be fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:26 pm

What are the chances they go (or are in the process of going) after Dowdell for illegal recording of the FDLE meeting?

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Turtle wrote:What are the chances they go (or are in the process of going) after Dowdell for illegal recording of the FDLE meeting?
According to Trussell, Dowdell "accidentally" recorded the meeting.

OK. You find out what you did and then if it was accidental you erase it, right?

No! If you find out you accidentally recorded the meeting you transcribe it.

Yes, I hope that's one of the counts in the indictment against Dowdell. There should also be a conspiracy charge against him. Trussell may be able to get a reduction in his sentence if he cooperates and testifies against Dowdell.

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote: I, for one, am looking forward to Chapter 2. The man I most want to see behind bars is Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. My bet is that if he gets indicted he'll hire the best fancy pants lawyers he can, and he'll scurry away from the Sovereign Citizen bullshit as fast as possible. After all, he has a very large fortune to protect.
What do you think the odds are of a Chapter 2?

Return to “Terry Trussell”