GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016 Incl Felon Walk

Maybenaut

Re: GUILTY! Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by Maybenaut » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
nbc wrote:Having seen IG in action, I am appalled at the quality or lack thereof as a legal representative for Terry.

Ill prepared, ill equipped, and mostly clueless on anything that required a legal understanding.
Give her a little break. She didn't have much to work with, she had a horrible client and no control. Her client was a lying piece of shit. Her actions and behavior in court however were disrespectful and juvenile.
I agree that not all of it is necessarily on her. If Trussel refused to plead guilty, for example, well, that was his right (and given the number of acquittals, maybe not such a bad call). So she's got to play the hand she's dealt. But she could have played a much more strategic hand. I also don't know the extent to which she has bought into any of the sovcit bullshit, although I didn't get the impression that she had.

I got the impression she was just phoning it in because she knew she couldn't win. I've had to represent people who were clearly guilty and there was no available defense. It sucks. But I think our profession demands that we at least appear to zealously advocate for our clients. I think she thought she was doing that by acting all rightously indignant. Her client would have been better served if she had made whatever lame-assed legal arguments the situation called for without all the theatrics.

Whether she was aware that he would commit perjury is a whole other discussion, and I don't know the answer to that.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:30 pm

I don't think that there was any way on earth that TT would have either plead guilty or taken a plea, too full of himself and generally too full of it. Therefore IG got stuck with the proverbial fool for a client. I also suspect that he wouldn't go along with any real lawyering she might have been prone to and that a good portion/most of it was stage managed by Dowdell and company. I am still of the opinion that she thought she wouldn't actually have to go to trial, her latest life choices all seem to have been bad it would seem.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

esseff44

Re: GUILTY! Final Day 5 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 061016

Post by esseff44 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Another one of her speech habits that I found annoying was addressing the jury as 'you guys.' Whatever happened to "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury"?

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:18 am

sad-cafe wrote:i have just started watching but when they were in that small room, all the female lawyer could do was sigh and grump and seemed like a toddler throwing tantrums

It is because usually when they are in that room, the judge is denying a slew of frivolous motions she had filed the night before, while telling her he struggles to make sense of what she is motioning for.

nbc

Post by nbc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:27 am

Terry Trussell suddenly becomes very forgetful when Meggs points out the logical fallacies in his arguments. Meggs points out that Trussell violated his oath when revealing, without court order, confidential statements made by Siegmeister. He also pointed out that Trussell have ignored his duties when 'forgetting' that it takes 12 out of 15 jurors to reach a decision.
That's what caused him to claim that there was no Grand Jury on the first or the fourteenth, or he would have had to admit that he had been acting foolishly, but the remedy he sought was to commit what many have interpreted as perjury.

He was outsmarted by a very clever prosecutor.

Trussell cannot maintain a logically consistent argument without admitting to perjury or accepting that this was a valid statutory Grand Jury meeting.
Just because Terry did not like the proceedings does not make them illegal, or a sham.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:30 am

These documents pretty much sank Trussell and impeached his claim that his phony grand jury was just making recommendations, including about SA Seigmeister.

nbc

Post by nbc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:36 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:These documents pretty much sank Trussell and impeached his claim that his phony grand jury was just making recommendations, including about SA Seigmeister.

It's hard to maintain that there was no grand jury and at the same time that he was acting as a foreperson of such a grand jury... Trussell was upset that he did not get his fellow jurors to accept his nonsense. In other words, if this was not a grand jury, then there were no violations by Siegmeister or others, and if there was a Grand Jury then Trussell failed to follow his oath.

He could have approached the judge without filing, in plain view, information that should have remained confidential until ordered by the court. Trussell is not a very smart cookie and is retroactive attempt to 'legalize' his foolish actions were not very credible.

Oh and yes, he did call them grand jurors... And then escalated his foolish claims about the Grand Jury never having met, complicating it by arguing that these people were not the same he had seen on April.

Having heard Trussell testify, I am not surprised that they found him guilty...

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 am

What I want to know, is where in the magical play book that TT was claiming gave him the authority did he get the authority to dismiss the then sitting GJ and to then created another one out of whole cloth? It of course didn't, and he was lying again.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

chancery

Post by chancery » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:06 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Every little bit helped. It appears that the minimum sentence is 10 years and the maximum is 25 years (not 20 as I previously posted). Based on my limited understanding of how things work, it looks as if Trussell will get 10 years and have to serve 85% of that if he behaves himself in prison.

Too bad. But he brought it on himself.
No discretion for a downward departure? And links please, if handy?

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:11 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
nbc wrote:Having seen IG in action, I am appalled at the quality or lack thereof as a legal representative for Terry.

Ill prepared, ill equipped, and mostly clueless on anything that required a legal understanding.
Give her a little break. She didn't have much to work with, she had a horrible client and no control. Her client was a lying piece of shit. Her actions and behavior in court however were disrespectful and juvenile.
I agree that not all of it is necessarily on her. If Trussel refused to plead guilty, for example, well, that was his right (and given the number of acquittals, maybe not such a bad call). So she's got to play the hand she's dealt. But she could have played a much more strategic hand. I also don't know the extent to which she has bought into any of the sovcit bullshit, although I didn't get the impression that she had.

I got the impression she was just phoning it in because she knew she couldn't win. I've had to represent people who were clearly guilty and there was no available defense. It sucks. But I think our profession demands that we at least appear to zealously advocate for our clients. I think she thought she was doing that by acting all rightously indignant. Her client would have been better served if she had made whatever lame-assed legal arguments the situation called for without all the theatrics.

Whether she was aware that he would commit perjury is a whole other discussion, and I don't know the answer to that.
Some of her crap was obviously prepared by non lawyers

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:What I want to know, is where in the magical play book that TT was claiming gave him the authority did he get the authority to dismiss the then sitting GJ and to then created another one out of whole cloth? It of course didn't, and he was lying again.
See video of Day 3 PM Session 2, 17m 33s

He is quoting sections 4.1 (or 4.5) and 9.1 in the jury handbook I believe.

EastStander

Post by EastStander » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:52 am

Am I the only one who cannot get the Day 5 Session 2 video to run? I want my schadenfreude...

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:02 am

EastStander, #17 in the first message works for me... The YouTube link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab8VvDe8SII
They are also at the Dixie County website, ftp://199.242.97.9/Guest/Trussell/ and link to #17 (Video 2) is ftp://199.242.97.9/Guest/Trussell/06101 ... on%202.m4v Hope that helps.

While looking for alternates ran across this #JusticeForTerry clip... In the comments, somebody points out:

Bernard Sussman1 year ago This genius has his banner facing away from oncoming traffic. :lol:

#Justice For Terry! 10/28/14 Mike Fulmer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaKeg3VZgcY

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

EastStander

Post by EastStander » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:24 am

Thanks Orlylicious!

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:08 am

So TT was just making recommendations when in his True Bills, and when he tried to get JS arrested.

And Trump's rants about banning Muslims and building a wall were just suggestions. Yeah, that's it...

:bored:

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:11 am

Just finished, the Day 4 PM and Day 5 videos are fast. Amazing how you can hear the handcuffs click. Terry Trussell was mostly a dupe, we all know who was writing this stuff and calling the shots. Those are the people his family, Mr. Meggs and the other SAs, and law enforcement should be talking to.

And where are all the Patriots to support him? Not one tweet with #JusticeForTerry since June 7. And Trump didn't answer the tweet from Deanna.
Deanna Ortner ‏@dlortner Jun 7
@realDonaldTrump Show media “ANOTHER” unfair trial! Terry Trussell’s Upcoming Trial @JasonWHoyt #JusticeForTerry
Harry Riley has still made no comment (and in a 2014 Post and Email story, Sharon referred to Terry as "Riley's assistant." Now that Terry's in jail, maybe Sharon will get juiced.) It's sad if he has to serve 85% of 10 to 25 years, he'll miss two presidential terms. But Terry doubled down and was arrogant and a liar. Hope he apologizes and repents at sentencing. I'm definitely going to watch his cross again. Inger was lousy until the end.

:wave:

Nah, don't get up Inger. You worked so hard and did such a fabulous job. :blackeye:

Avatar Photo: Michael "Who Says?" Cohen. Says SDNY & Mueller. What it's like at the prison in Otisville where Michael Cohen may go? https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/12/us/micha ... index.html

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:59 am

There were 24 other people who played fantasy grand juror on that glorious October morn. I wonder if they're still a little nervous about that, now that their leader got tooken away in handcuffs. Hey, what's that noise? Are there cop cars out front? :shock:

Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief.
And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large. :mrgreen:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:04 am

You and Mr. Meggs :lol: He said October one time during the Trussell cross and Terry made a deal of it, said it totally threw him off. :roll: It was August :P

Foggy while you're here can I just say this has been AWESOME, Fogbow totally rules. We had a thrice disbarred felon, an admitted jury tamperer, and a totally inside look at the players and the trial itself. Just this week. You made an amazing place and Realist and Kate rock too. Thanks!

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:27 am

Foggy wrote:There were 24 other people who played fantasy grand juror on that glorious October morn. I wonder if they're still a little nervous about that, now that their leader got tooken away in handcuffs. Hey, what's that noise? Are there cop cars out front? :shock:
And three of them showed up in court and perjured themselves.

ImageImageImage x4

HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 am

esseff44 wrote:Another one of her speech habits that I found annoying was addressing the jury as 'you guys.' Whatever happened to "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury"?
Perhaps she was purposely trying to diminish the legal proceedings as a kind of a practical joke gone wrong?

I must say that the verdict helps maintain my faith in the jury system. This ruling and the recent jury Fair Use ruling in the Google-Oracle case indicates that when issues are clearly presented, juries do the right thing. (I worked as an analyst / programmer for many years, and (IMNSHO) API's should not be copyrightable. Since a Federal court said otherwise, at least they should be available for Fair Use.)

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:48 am

Protip: when using the #Justice For Terry hashtag, be sure to include those spaces. Shows you mean bidness.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:49 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Foggy wrote:There were 24 other people who played fantasy grand juror on that glorious October morn. I wonder if they're still a little nervous about that, now that their leader got tooken away in handcuffs. Hey, what's that noise? Are there cop cars out front? :shock:
It wasn't perjury - they really believe. :roll: :eek2:

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Hey, hey, hey! Didn't Terry say he didn't know who they were?? Or was that the DCGJ?

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:19 pm

HeatherGray wrote:
esseff44 wrote:Another one of her speech habits that I found annoying was addressing the jury as 'you guys.' Whatever happened to "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury"?
Perhaps she was purposely trying to diminish the legal proceedings as a kind of a practical joke gone wrong?

I must say that the verdict helps maintain my faith in the jury system. This ruling and the recent jury Fair Use ruling in the Google-Oracle case indicates that when issues are clearly presented, juries do the right thing. (I worked as an analyst / programmer for many years, and (IMNSHO) API's should not be copyrightable. Since a Federal court said otherwise, at least they should be available for Fair Use.)
I think she was trying to be "real" not like one of those fancy pants lawyers who use formalities and stuff.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:
Hey, hey, hey! Didn't Terry say he didn't know who they were?? Or was that the DCGJ?
I've got to go back and listen again but from what I recall from the cross - Meggs referred to the CLGJ as a "spontaneous gathering" & TT said he didn't know who invited them to the 8/14 CLGJ meeting.

Last night I read TT's written timeline (his own words). According to TT, those CLGJ met on August 12th to elect the 25 members. Then on 8/13 he asked to reserve the court room for 8/14.

(Disclaimer: I'm only 1/2 way through my 1st cup of coffee so my brain may not be firing right.)

Return to “Terry Trussell”