Day 3 Videos FLORIDA v TRUSSELL 060816 - Incl Terry's Testimony, Jury Tampering, Hatcher, Harden, FDLE White, Linton

sad-cafe

Re: Day 3 Videos STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL 060816

Post by sad-cafe » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Suranis wrote:
sad-cafe wrote:oh so he is a milita type guy and probably supports orly

he is like a ted visner
Pretty much. There is a sov cit thing called a Common Law Grand Jury, which sov cits think can issue indictments on people they dont like. They think that people can gather together on their own in Dennys somewhere and basically throw people in Jail. Someone Pointed out that the Supreme court ruling they misquote says that Grand Juries cannot do a thing without the say so of a judge... so people are now appointing themselves Judge.

Terry was actually the foreman of the Real Grand Jury, so he gathered a bunch of his fellow nuts and lead them into the room where the real grand Jury sat and locked the door and had them all issue indictments on someone that had pissed him off. He was saying the real GJ was actually fake, and his one was the Real Constitutional Grand Jury.

That's the basics of it. Gimme's deal is that he thinks that Juries can change the law by issuing judgements that a law is unlawful, he calls it Jury Nullification. SO if the Jury says that the Common Law Grand Jury is lawful, then it is!!! AND sparrows will fly out of Icecream everywhere and happiness will reign.

what a nut job

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:If Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. and Hagan Smith wrote the indictment, or whatever the hell it is, wouldn't they also be implicated? Shouldn't they be charged if the SOL has not expired?
My Fogbowz boyfrand :lovestruck: said this the other day about another TT pal: http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... TF#p779828
Yabbut he's a speshul case. A Ricky Romero talk-alike who looks like a southern border version of Salvador Dali on crack who no one takes seriously.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm just up to it now... for convenience, if you're looking for Terry Trussell's testimony, it's #9 State of FL v Terry Trussell - 060816 PM Session 1 around the 25:00 mark.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:If Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. and Hagan Smith wrote the indictment, or whatever the hell it is, wouldn't they also be implicated? Shouldn't they be charged if the SOL has not expired?
Slim and I wondered that as well since they were both mentioned. Also too...why the hell did we not hear from any school board members who were listed as persons to be arrested? I just don't get that. Actually.
Judgment call on Meggs' part. I haven't watched nearly the whole case, but from what I've seen, it doesn't fit into his theory of the case.

I should explain that they teach baby lawyers (like me) to try and come up with a simple, one to two sentence summary of what the case is about, and then to use the evidence to tell that story. And there's a reason that I mentioned "He is an Englishman" earlier - because I'm fairly sure that I've identified Meggs' theory of this case:

It's the one about duty.

He started to frame that in voir dire, and I've seen the refrain in the other parts of the case I've watched. He started by telling the jurors that the system only works because everyone involved has a role to play, and asking them if they can do their part. And he talked about the part that Terry was supposed to play, and, when he had Trussell on cross, he beat the shit out of Trussell for violating his oath to do his job.

Bringing the school board on would work if Meggs was pitching this as a case about revenge, but it doesn't work as well if the pitch is about duty. It would distract from that, and would potentially give Garcia room to run amok on cross by trying to put common core on trial.

Like I said, it's a judgment call. And it might not work. But I'm sure as hell not going to second-guess someone with Meggs experience as a prosecutor.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:49 pm

Duty is a bit abstract. Revenge is well understood. I'd go for revenge.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:51 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Duty is a bit abstract. Revenge is well understood. I'd go for revenge.
Oh gawd, I am a mean revenge person as well. Good ting I am heading to the wilds.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:57 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Duty is a bit abstract. Revenge is well understood. I'd go for revenge.
Yeah, but what's Trussell taking revenge on? I think it's a hard sell. And while I only lived in the Deep South for three years (one in the Panhandle, two in Lower Alabama), I think duty works pretty well there, in general. More importantly, so does "teamwork." Like I said, not going to second-guess a prosecutor from that state, with that much experience. Even if he doesn't win the case.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Too also: Putting Common Core on trial plays into Trussell's Chewbacca-esque strateregy.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

realist

Post by realist » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:05 pm

bob wrote:Too also: Putting Common Core on trial plays into Trussell's Chewbacca-esque strateregy.

That too. Also.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:37 pm

I think focusing on duty was correct. It was the foundation of TT's defense. Remember the Payriot tears & the TP folks contacting him daily to save them from tyranny? He wants to be seen as honorable, needed by & devoted to the community.

He fucked all that up during the cross by Meggs. Not only by his convenient failure to understand simple questions & his amnesia from one minute to the next but also his miraculous cure when questioned by IG. When she spoke about the CLGJ & the real GJ meetings he was suddenly able to answer questions about them.

That illustrates his flagrant manipulation, lying, dishonor to duty & nicely sets up his motivation for retaliation: revenge.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Huge huge Harry Riley and PFA discussion, about Operation American Spring (Terry: "It was his baby"), then leading into Yoho and their meetings. Many minutes. Inger does not know how congressional seats are allocated. Inger to Trussell (about Yoho): "He's our... state congressman?" Terry: "He's our US Congressman from our district." Sigh from the bench. Around 1:23:00 of PM 1.

Full on crying cause :flag: around 1:55:00

vic

Post by vic » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:31 pm

Just listening to the start of Trussell's testimony.

He has to list every place he went to elementary school as part of his "education?"

Broad education? Yet he was 21 or 22 when drafted, and hadn't heard of VietNam?

Also, if he merely "broke for summer", how come he was even eligible for the draft? Did he not know enough to get a student deferment?

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:06 pm

vic wrote:Just listening to the start of Trussell's testimony.

He has to list every place he went to elementary school as part of his "education?"

Also, if he merely "broke for summer", how come he was even eligible for the draft? Did he not know enough to get a student deferment?
It continues on, just as interesting and totally not relevant :swoon: The kind of old man you want to be kind to but need to go pee and get another beer before you can tolerate it ... Just to be kind.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Inger-Garcia

I really hate the way she flops and lounges around, and the fact that she is wearing a hot pink T-shirt under her lawyer suit. She is disrespectful in nearly every way it is possible to be, in court. :fingerwag: While Mr. Meggs was speaking to her she started backing up and sitting down.

Didn't she and Charlie hook up a while back?

ETA: Or am I confusing her with this one
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=763&start=150#p40430

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:09 pm

He also said he moved to Atlanta to attend UGA... which is in Athens. That's a helluva commute for a student.

vic

Post by vic » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:25 pm

Karen Walker wrote:

He also said he moved to Atlanta to attend UGA... which is in Athens. That's a helluva commute for a student.
Something was nagging me about his timeline. He was 22 in the summer of 66, which puts him 3 years younger than me. He went to the first college for 1 year, then "a couple of quarters" at the second college, then it was the summer when he got drafted. Did he not graduate high school until he was 20?

Oh, wait, he got the draft notice after he broke for summer in 1966, then got a draft notice, and went to basic training in April of 1966. Does summer start earlier in Georgia? Or does time run backwards?

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:48 pm

1:04:00 Jury had two questions for Trussell:
1. Judge: The juror observed, and I'm not commenting on facts one way or another, I'm just repeating what the juror has said, the juror indicated that you have testified that you have previously reserved rooms, and the question was have you ever reserved this courtroom before.
Trussell: "No." (Terry booked rooms for groups including one he called a "self-reliance group"... they let it go but we can imagine what that might be.)

2. Were you aware during the August 20, 2014 meeting (at the Sheriff's Department with 2 FDLE agents, Dowdell and Hagen) were you aware during that meeting that someone was recording the meeting?
Trussell: "No I was not."

State followup by Meggs: "Who was it that recorded that conversation? What was his name?"
(Dramatic pause) Trussell: Rodger Dowdell! :cheer:
Meggs: Rodger Dowdell recorded the conversation on his iPad?
Trussell: It was recorded on his iPad, yes.. accidentally.
As Agent Annie testified, that's a crime, recording without permission. FDLE didn't record it, they became aware of it later.

The letter to Judge Cynthia Munkittric was released by Terry & Co. way in advance, we all commented on it... he was sworn never to reveal that information for life. But you have to hear how f*cked up his explanation is during the cross, he doesn't acknowledge there was even a grand jury meeting, yet he still complained.

It's still online at https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/ ... -filed.pdf and the Google is 2014-08-04 Letter Filed - 1215.org
https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/lawnotes/ ... -filed.pdf
Aug 4, 2014 - To: Judge Cynthia Munkittrick. From: Terry Trussell, Grand Jury Foreman. Re: Dixie ... I emailed him a letter to be included with the above items (see attached). ..... unlawfully advised the Court Clerk for Dixie County Florida. 3.

He's such a liar.

Jury instructions were a fun smackdown for Inger and Terry. All that effort, dennied, dennied, dennied. Whistleblower, Entrapment, Retaliation, tons of garbage. Mostly he didn't include her pleas for good faith.

On to Day 4!

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 am

vic wrote: :snippity:
Oh, wait, he got the draft notice after he broke for summer in 1966, then got a draft notice, and went to basic training in April of 1966. Does summer start earlier in Georgia? Or does time run backwards?
Well... I can't speak to when UGA spring semesters ended in 1966 but my son took his last final the first week of May 2016. So maybe? Kinda sorta?

nbc

Post by nbc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:03 am

People have suggested that Terry perjured himself during his testimony? What exactly?

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:14 am

nbc wrote:People have suggested that Terry perjured himself during his testimony? What exactly?

He claimed repeatedly in cross examination that the statutory grand jury (he was foreman of) never met.

Meggs later brought Siegmeister and another official in to testify that they were there on those days and took attendance (which they have record of).

nbc

Post by nbc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:54 am

Turtle wrote:
nbc wrote:People have suggested that Terry perjured himself during his testimony? What exactly?

He claimed repeatedly in cross examination that the statutory grand jury (he was foreman of) never met.

Meggs later brought Siegmeister and another official in to testify that they were there on those days and took attendance (which they have record of).
That's totally weird... Why would he do something so obviously wrong. Did he not complain about how the AG had handled the Statutory Grand Jury?...

What a fool...

kate520

Post by kate520 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:10 am

:wave: nbc

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:11 am

nbc wrote:
Turtle wrote:

That's totally weird... Why would he do something so obviously wrong. Did he not complain about how the AG had handled the Statutory Grand Jury?...

What a fool...

Well, we're talking about a guy who managed to get himself arrested for FTA at his arraignment.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:19 am

I skipped through some of TT's testimony. Was he ever questioned about this from his letter to Judge M?
The only way I can continue with this effort to serve justice, the People, and Plaintiffs in the case before us is to form a new jury and conduct it in strict compliance with Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia’s admonishments in US v Williams, 1992, regardless what the Statutes may stipulate.
FFS he confesses his intent to break the law right there including his desire to have S arrested! Not to mention his other BSC power tripping. :brickwallsmall:

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 am

Karen Walker wrote:I skipped through some of TT's testimony. Was he ever questioned about this from his letter to Judge M?
The only way I can continue with this effort to serve justice, the People, and Plaintiffs in the case before us is to form a new jury and conduct it in strict compliance with Supreme Court Justice, Antonin Scalia’s admonishments in US v Williams, 1992, regardless what the Statutes may stipulate.
FFS he confesses his intent to break the law right there including his desire to have S arrested! Not to mention his other BSC power tripping. :brickwallsmall:

I think that's what Meggs referred to when he said (repeatedly) that Terry took his marbles and went home to start a new jury. His final closing statement is brutal.

Return to “Terry Trussell”