STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL - BOTG REPORTS

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL - BOTG REPORTS

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm

Suranis wrote:"Terry Trussel was found innocent on the majority of the charges against him!!" [/Paythreeoats]
This is like the surgeon in the emergency room telling the wife, "Fortunately, only a small percentage of your husband's injuries were fatal." Mathematically accurate but completely missing the point.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:30 pm

kubu island wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:. The decorum that the Judge .

He almost, just almost did a Trump when he kicked out the idiot. I don't think he's the type to mess around with. Much respect Sir.

Well, if it was who I think it was, the person kicked out had, for an entire day, huffed, snorted, made faces, hand gestures and been overall simply inappropriate. I think the Judge was way more tolerant than was called for.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:33 pm

kubu island wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
Karen Walker wrote:
Meh... I have no sympathy for that lying dirtbag. Not punishing him for perjury would send a message to his "compaytriots" that they too can lie on the stand. They may think they can do better than TT by getting an aquital & get away with it. After all he was found not guilty of most of the counts.
Also too I can be a mean broad when I wanna be.
Mean Broads Unite!
Would like to join the Club. Can Foggy dedicate a color for our avatars ?

You are a broad?!!!!! Hell yeah, we want our own color!

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 pm

esseff44 wrote:Question for the lawyers: Did anyone see where there would be any basis for appeal?
No, I think Garcia did a pretty good job of making this appeal-proof, without quite dropping the ball so much that a Strickland claim might succeed.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 pm

I couldn't be a Judge. If I had to deal with that cantankerous ass I'd be kinda like this.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:35 pm

Like I said, small towns/counties are marvelous scary things. I do think in this case that TT's being an outsider counted against him in that they weren't inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt they would have a local, and I am equally certain that his condescending superior attitude and "smirk" didn't help either, but I really do suspect what convicted him was the actual evidence and the way he acted on the stand. Well, that and the way the prosecution acted as opposed to the defense. Everything I've seen says the prosecution was low key, professional, and to the point and that they didn't do anything but present the actual evidence and let the jury decide. The defense tried to continually confuse everything, Ingie dingie literally harassed one of the local witnesses and that wouldn't have gone over well even if you weren't a friend of the person, and every thing they did reeked of desperation and amateur night. I'm really really glad tha tTT got up on the stand and showed everyone what kind of sanctimonious lying bastard he was, and I have a feeling it was more than obvious to those watching, and to get up and directly lie when cross examined couldn't possibly have helped. I also think his parade of very obviously rehearsed LYING witnesses didn't do them any good. Another problem in a small town, you tend to know who tells the truth and who doesn't, I don't know how many of his "friends" were local, but the rubric applies even to strangers, a lot of the time you can tell. Like I said, I'm really really glad he testified, but he really really shouldn't have. Proving once again that he was a fool as well as his lawyer.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

kubu island

Post by kubu island » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:41 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:

You are a broad?!!!!! Hell yeah, we want our own color!
Yeah, a broad, and getting broader by the years. Let's harass Foggy for our colours.

vic

Post by vic » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:Like I said, small towns/counties are marvelous scary things. I do think in this case that TT's being an outsider counted against him in that they weren't inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt they would have a local, and I am equally certain that his condescending superior attitude and "smirk" didn't help either, but I really do suspect what convicted him was the actual evidence and the way he acted on the stand. Well, that and the way the prosecution acted as opposed to the defense. Everything I've seen says the prosecution was low key, professional, and to the point and that they didn't do anything but present the actual evidence and let the jury decide. The defense tried to continually confuse everything, Ingie dingie literally harassed one of the local witnesses and that wouldn't have gone over well even if you weren't a friend of the person, and every thing they did reeked of desperation and amateur night. I'm really really glad tha tTT got up on the stand and showed everyone what kind of sanctimonious lying bastard he was, and I have a feeling it was more than obvious to those watching, and to get up and directly lie when cross examined couldn't possibly have helped. I also think his parade of very obviously rehearsed LYING witnesses didn't do them any good. Another problem in a small town, you tend to know who tells the truth and who doesn't, I don't know how many of his "friends" were local, but the rubric applies even to strangers, a lot of the time you can tell. Like I said, I'm really really glad he testified, but he really really shouldn't have. Proving once again that he was a fool as well as his lawyer.
Regarding being an outsider - he sure tried hard to convince the jury that he was a local. Paraphrasing, he and his wife searched far and wide in Florida, went to every county, but by chance, the first one he visited, Dixie County, was the bestest county in all of the state.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 pm

And a beautiful example of the wisdom of a local jury of peers. When such a verdict is delivered by a jury like this one, it makes it almost impossible for supporters of the defendant to say he was "railroaded by a liberal jury" or whatever. He was convicted by people (so it sounds) who would have been all too happy to acquit if they thought him even close to innocent.

Oh, and :banana: :fiesta: :happydance: :cheer1:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:42 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
kubu island wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:. The decorum that the Judge .

He almost, just almost did a Trump when he kicked out the idiot. I don't think he's the type to mess around with. Much respect Sir.

Well, if it was who I think it was, the person kicked out had, for an entire day, huffed, snorted, made faces, hand gestures and been overall simply inappropriate. I think the Judge was way more tolerant than was called for.
Don't forget the texting. The judge told us we had to have our phones OFF. Not silenced, not on vibrate, OFF! That guy was texting away. We watched him.

ImageImageImage x4

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:43 pm

I got the impression that TT's pals were fairly recent transplants. I recognized a few familiar last names of state witnesses & victims who have deep roots in the area. I'm certain at least one of them is a family member of my aunt's old boss. She worked for him for 50 years in Trenton.

I did see one deep root name who is a pal of TT but I can't recall if he was a witness or just named somewhere.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:47 pm

vic wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:
:snippity: .
Regarding being an outsider - he sure tried hard to convince the jury that he was a local. Paraphrasing, he and his wife searched far and wide in Florida, went to every county, but by chance, the first one he visited,Dixie County, was the bestest county in all of the state.
What were their search criteria? :roll:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:51 pm

vic wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:Like I said, small towns/counties are marvelous scary things. I do think in this case that TT's being an outsider counted against him in that they weren't inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt they would have a local, and I am equally certain that his condescending superior attitude and "smirk" didn't help either, but I really do suspect what convicted him was the actual evidence and the way he acted on the stand. Well, that and the way the prosecution acted as opposed to the defense. Everything I've seen says the prosecution was low key, professional, and to the point and that they didn't do anything but present the actual evidence and let the jury decide. The defense tried to continually confuse everything, Ingie dingie literally harassed one of the local witnesses and that wouldn't have gone over well even if you weren't a friend of the person, and every thing they did reeked of desperation and amateur night. I'm really really glad tha tTT got up on the stand and showed everyone what kind of sanctimonious lying bastard he was, and I have a feeling it was more than obvious to those watching, and to get up and directly lie when cross examined couldn't possibly have helped. I also think his parade of very obviously rehearsed LYING witnesses didn't do them any good. Another problem in a small town, you tend to know who tells the truth and who doesn't, I don't know how many of his "friends" were local, but the rubric applies even to strangers, a lot of the time you can tell. Like I said, I'm really really glad he testified, but he really really shouldn't have. Proving once again that he was a fool as well as his lawyer.
Regarding being an outsider - he sure tried hard to convince the jury that he was a local. Paraphrasing, he and his wife searched far and wide in Florida, went to every county, but by chance, the first one he visited, Dixie County, was the bestest county in all of the state.
Vic and Notorial, TT was very much a local! He was well-known as a big Tea Party organizer and leader, he was active in citizen law enforcement activities, among other organizations. He was well known and liked throughout the community. He was a local, having yanked it up with waitresses, business owners and court officials for quite some time. I assume he thought that would be to his favor. Not.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
kubu island wrote:

Don't forget the texting. The judge told us we had to have our phones OFF. Not silenced, not on vibrate, OFF! That guy was texting away. We watched him.
And notified a Bailiff, who said no problem, as long as he wasn't recording. I was disappointed in that.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:58 pm

Volkonski wrote:What were their search criteria? :roll:
IMO... The people are genuinely nice & hospitable.
You're surrounded by this: Sekrit Stuffs!
image.jpg
and you can buy this: Sekrit Stuffs!
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
vic wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:Like I said, small towns/counties are marvelous scary things.
Vic and Notorial, TT was very much a local! He was well-known as a big Tea Party organizer and leader, he was active in citizen law enforcement activities, among other organizations. He was well known and liked throughout the community. He was a local, having yanked it up with waitresses, business owners and court officials for quite some time. I assume he thought that would be to his favor. Not.

Well, there is local and then there is local.

I remember I asked somebody if a certain farmer in the Ozark's about 70 miles from St. Louis was a local. He said, "No, his family moved here from the City (meaning St. Louis) and bought his farm right after World War II."

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Patagoniagirl wrote:
vic wrote:

Well, there is local and then there is local.

I remember I asked somebody if a certain farmer in the Ozark's about 70 miles from St. Louis was a local. He said, "No, his family moved here from the City (meaning St. Louis) and bought his farm right after World War II."
Fair enough.

vic

Post by vic » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:[ :snippity:

I wasn't saying that he wasn't currently a "local", but he is, after all, an immigrant to the area. For the first part of his testimony, he went on and on about all the places he lived and how he eventually settled in Florida (Gainesville, was it?). He then explained how after his business changed, he and his wife decided to move and started visiting all the counties in Florida, and explained how Dixie County was the best of all those counties.

So maybe he is well known and liked, and now considered a local. But I thought his paean to Dixie County sounded like an attempt to suck-up to the jurors.

(I guess maybe Dixie County is different from Cape Cod. My first job assignment was working at an Air Force station there for a year or so. Early on, my manager, who had lived there for almost 20 years, explained that I'd always be an outsider. He and his family were active members of the community, but when for example he went to church, his children who had been born there would all be greeted loudly, but he was barely acknowledged)

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

FWIW... There is "local" and there is "Real Local". This area is a place where folks ask, "What is your family name?" or most likely, "Who are your kin?"

If they don't recognize the name - you will still be graciously accepted into the community but you will never be a *Real Local*. Thems just tha facts, y'all.
Edit: Ninja'd by Dan.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:47 pm

vic wrote:
That probably pissed some of the off more than anything else. The only thing worse would have been some Californian or New Yorker(examples) coming in and looking down their noses at the locals. He may have lived there, even for several years, although I don't think so, but that doesn't make him a local in most of those people's eyes. I come from a VERY small town, I know.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Am I bad for thinking, one less Trump voter.

ImageImageImage x4

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Paul contributed some wonderful local color to the thread on Terry and his Dixie County tribulations. Terry and his wife had only been in the area since 2014 and he made a big effort to join local civic and political organizations. For sure, he did not talk like a local. He bragged a lot in his testimony about how he knew all these people and how well he got along with everybody. What was clear is that he really was surprised that he was reported to the Sheriff and the FDLE by the people he got along with so well. Obviously, they viewed him very differently than he thought they did.

It looks like the local Tea Party is going to need a new chairman.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:41 pm

Karen Walker wrote:What if the stealth juror isn't front row guy... What if it's the foreperson?! Wouldn't it be just like TT & his cult to set up that up scenario?

Think about it. They had two years to spread their propaganda. The chance they'd get at least one juror was pretty good but for TT that's not enough.

It's always gotta be bigger & better with TT in charge. What better way than to make his juror the foreperson? She was awfully quick to say they weren't close.
:swoon:
This moment of paranoia was brought to you by Reynolds Wrap & Dow Chemical. The makers of fine chapeaus & "clouds".
Chemtrails is the word you're looking for in the skies ;)

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:Am I bad for thinking, one less Trump voter.
No, it just means you are a member of the Mean Broads Group here, like it or not.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Karen Walker wrote:
Volkonski wrote:What were their search criteria? :roll:
IMO... The people are genuinely nice & hospitable.
You're surrounded by this: Sekrit Stuffs!
image.jpg
and you can buy this: Sekrit Stuffs!
image.jpg
I am sure that they are. However Dixie County is small and very poor. (Suwannee County is nearly 3 times as large and somewhat less poor.) Many amenities that a lot of folk think of as usual will not be locally available in Dixie County. I do understand that the hunting and fishing are very good.

So I am still curious. What was it about Dixie County that particularly attracted nonlocal Terry Trussell to it? He didn't move there for family reasons or his employment. Why did he think it was the best? (If he did.)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Terry Trussell”