STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL - BOTG REPORTS

boots

Re: STATE OF FLORIDA v TERRY TRUSSELL - BOTG REPORTS

Post by boots » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:51 pm

the BOTGs did an incredible job and so did Reality Check for uploading all these videos!

This really should be mandatory reading and watching for law students.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:00 pm

Plutodog wrote: So thanks to all who made this possible for the rest of us, BOTG's and video posters. One final thing, it could be useful to get all the court videos on one YT site in order in a playlist. For when I get past being sick and tired of watching all the lying liars of the defense side, that is.
When I get time I plan to do that although I will have figure out the playlist thing.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Reality Check wrote:
Plutodog wrote: So thanks to all who made this possible for the rest of us, BOTG's and video posters. One final thing, it could be useful to get all the court videos on one YT site in order in a playlist. For when I get past being sick and tired of watching all the lying liars of the defense side, that is.
When I get time I plan to do that although I will have figure out the playlist thing.
First you get them all on your YT site and then you start creating the playlist, being careful to add them in the right order. Then a person can open and play from beginning to end in order (in however many sittings, however long a sitting each can handle at a time).
Edit: Edit to add, it is possible to alter the play sequence after the fact although it can be a little tricky at first. It's a drag and drop thing that sometimes doesn't quite work or work right if you're not precise enough in your mouse movements.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:42 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
(I am amazed at Realist's ability to deal with court personnel around the country. I wouldn't think that being a SECR would open so many doors. But for Realist it does. I suspect that's in part because he is such a nice and knowledgeable -- but convincing -- person on the phone. I wish Realist could help me sometimes with court staff in L.A. County, who always seem too busy to help.)
I think it's the accent. Plus he's a woman whisperer. 17.5 wives, after all.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:
(I am amazed at Realist's ability to deal with court personnel around the country. I wouldn't think that being a SECR would open so many doors. But for Realist it does. I suspect that's in part because he is such a nice and knowledgeable -- but convincing -- person on the phone. I wish Realist could help me sometimes with court staff in L.A. County, who always seem too busy to help.)
I think it's the accent. Plus he's a woman whisperer. 17.5 wives, after all.
The people on the other end of the phone seem to know he has the looks of Paul Newman and the elegance of Jose Ferrer. How does Realist do that? Skype?

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Without the BOTG, we wouldn't be clued into such details as what was in the pamphlet and who was putting the jury nullification pamphlets on cars around the courthouse trying to influence the jurors. We also wouldn't know how many supporters showed up and what their reactions were to the trial. I think we can guess their reactions to the verdict. Jason Hoyt seems to be the voice for them.

Many thanks to the BOTG, realist and RC for the videos which brought it all to life in living color and all the Fogbowzers for their helpful commentary and background information. It was like binge watching an entire series full of drama and suspense with a colorful cast of characters. The Rise and Fall of Terry Trussell: A Cautionary Tale.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:The flowers should probably be sent to the clerk's office, which can distribute them in the building. (It seems to hold the SA's office, the courthouse of course and the sheriff's office.)

By the way, across from the jury was another seating area. We never really discussed it. Out here in California, courtrooms big enough to have such a section reserve it for the press. (Its usually in the "ceremonial" courtrooms. I suspect interested court staff not involved in the litigation, and security, were in those seats. When the grand jury is in session it's possible that grand jurors sit there, too. Maybe Paul Lentz can tell us what he thinks. :roll: )
I'll try to shed some light on who the folks were sitting in the pews directly across the well from the jury. It was not press, and that would not ordinarily be the occupants in a case tried by jury (to protect the jury, of course, you do not want the press seated directly across from them) although press might be accommodated in those seats during a bench trial.

So, who were the folks sitting in those pews during the Trussell trial. Well, some of them were likely security (not DC Sheriff's Office) from the 3rd Judicial Circuit's State Attorney's office (SA Siegmeister testified that he had taken some significant steps to increase his Dixie County staff's security). A couple of them were recognizable as witnesses (from the 3rd Judicial Circuit's SA office and from the DC clerk's office) after they had completed their testimony. I would also suspect that some of the occupants in that section were DC Clerk of Court employees (witnesses or not) who were interested in seeing this through. And others may well have been employees from SA Siegmeister's office (clerical assistants, ASAs, and others), particularly those assigned in Dixie County, who were not subject to subpoena as witnesses.

But you shouldn't imagine for one minute that I have a clue. No, indeed.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks, Paul.

Maybe.

mimi

Post by mimi » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:09 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:Or not if he's been married 17 times. Just sayin'.
I had no complaints. Just saying.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 am

Paul Lentz wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:The flowers should probably be sent to the clerk's office, which can distribute them in the building. (It seems to hold the SA's office, the courthouse of course and the sheriff's office.)

By the way, across from the jury was another seating area. We never really discussed it. Out here in California, courtrooms big enough to have such a section reserve it for the press. (Its usually in the "ceremonial" courtrooms. I suspect interested court staff not involved in the litigation, and security, were in those seats. When the grand jury is in session it's possible that grand jurors sit there, too. Maybe Paul Lentz can tell us what he thinks. :roll: )
I'll try to shed some light on who the folks were sitting in the pews directly across the well from the jury. It was not press, and that would not ordinarily be the occupants in a case tried by jury (to protect the jury, of course, you do not want the press seated directly across from them) although press might be accommodated in those seats during a bench trial.

So, who were the folks sitting in those pews during the Trussell trial. Well, some of them were likely security (not DC Sheriff's Office) from the 3rd Judicial Circuit's State Attorney's office (SA Siegmeister testified that he had taken some significant steps to increase his Dixie County staff's security). A couple of them were recognizable as witnesses (from the 3rd Judicial Circuit's SA office and from the DC clerk's office) after they had completed their testimony. I would also suspect that some of the occupants in that section were DC Clerk of Court employees (witnesses or not) who were interested in seeing this through. And others may well have been employees from SA Siegmeister's office (clerical assistants, ASAs, and others), particularly those assigned in Dixie County, who were not subject to subpoena as witnesses.

But you shouldn't imagine for one minute that I have a clue. No, indeed.
Those pews seemed able to accommodate far more folks than ever filled 'em. Wonder what case WOULD fill 'em?

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 am

When a jury pool is sent to a courtroom, it has to be a lot larger than the number of seats in the jury box. The pools I have been numbered 60-70 and we sat in the gallery until called to take a seat in the jury box as each round of excused jurors were excused. The pools pretty much filled up the gallery.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14 am

realist wrote:Sorry. Kind of an inside Fogbkw thing.

Quite some time back, while referring to me, Foggy coined the term Suckegg Court Reporter. Good or bad, it stuck. Thus SECR.
Thank you for the inside info. What an honor to be given an honorific by the great and all powerful Foggy! :worship:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:15 am

Stern does a buncha that too. 8-)

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
magdalen77 wrote:Realist did learn a lot about being conciliatory being married 17 times. :lol:

Seriously though, as a state employee who often has to deal with the general public being polite goes a long way. Having met Realist IRL I can image that he'd easily be able to persuade folks at the clerk's office to help him out merely by being himself.
:yeah: Speaking the language, knowing what to ask for, and knowing how to ask for it quickly helps. It's an art, and Realist is Picasso :).

I don't thank my fellow Fogbowzer's enough for the things they do to contribute both to my knowledge and entertainment.

:notworthy:
:yeah:

Realist has a great point re: being respectful and friendly to people. Creating good will really opens doors. I worked for years with people who always began a relationship with me assuming I was the enemy. I don't recall any of those relationships ever ending up that way, not that it sometimes didn't take five times as much work with some as it did with others. I have also get a lot of 'favors' at my local grocery store due to having established friendly relations with store employees and get oodles of coupons and free stuff from all kinds of stores by filling out a quick online survey after shopping and making sure to mention an employee who did something nice for me or went out of their way.

This is where so many of the people we 'watch' go so wrong - Gavin Seim is the best example. For all his BS about 'loving your neighbor' he apparently doesn't consider any government employee at any level of government to be his neighbor. Or, maybe it slips his mind. Hell, why don't I just be honest about what I think is his problem: he's a condescending asshole right out of the starting block.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Never have understood the alternative, being nice is almost always easier, and smiling is less effort than scowling or frowning.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Return to “Terry Trussell”