A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Will Trussell be found guilty? If so, how much time will he get?

He will be found guilty of at least one charge.
43%
He will be found not guilty of all charges.
4%
He will be sentenced to probation.
4%
He will be sentenced to some time in jail not exceeding 6 months.
5%
He will be sentenced to between 6 months and one day to one year in jail.
8%
He will be sentenced to between 1 year and a day to 2 years in prison.
16%
He will be sentenced to between 2 years and a day to 3 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to between 3 years and a day to 4 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to more than 4 years in prison.
9%

Total votes: 140

boots

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by boots » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:18 pm

Patagoniagirl wrote:
Geritol wrote:Guilty and 4 years plus.

Bonus Points: He appears at sentencing in a wheel chair breathing through an oxygen mask.

Oops. I'm confusing him with Sheriff Arpaio. So many felons to keep track of.
Oh my! I thought the same thing. I wonder if TT will be taken in to custody at the conclusion of the trial and guilty verdict? Will he be allowed out on bail pending his sentencing and the obvious appeal Inger will file? Will there be gnashing of teeth, sobbing in the courtroom? Wish I could be there.
Wait I thought you were BOTG?

And BYOB

Piffle

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by Piffle » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Bonus Points: He appears at sentencing in a wheel chair breathing through an oxygen mask.

Oh, some good potential side bets here. Cleaning up your client and dressing him suitably has long been an integral part of the criminal defense biz. Turning Trussell into a near-death, dementia-ridden (but harmless) granddad type should be a piece of cake. You don't even have to spring for a haircut.

OK, so Geritol owns the green bottle bet.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:35 am

Problem will be when he gets found guilty and jumps out of the wheelchair shouting "This is unconstitutional!"

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

DryInk

Post by DryInk » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:44 am

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Problem will be when he gets found guilty and jumps out of the wheelchair shouting "This is unconstitutional!"
I think I saw that on an episode of The Brady Bunch. :)

Let's just assume I said something witty.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:33 am

Off Topic
I'm very proud to say I have never seen an episode of the Brady Bunch. :blink:

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Azastan wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:
On the other hand, given the nature of the charges, I think it's also possible (although much less likely) that the jury will go with "you're making us miss work for this bullshit" and acquit.
As a former working stiff, I would venture to say that the people on the jury would be much more inclined to say "I don't mind missing work, but I don't like getting paid $10 for the entire day instead of my proper pay. So since you made me be here, YOU are going to suffer, and so off to jail you go".

(I would like to point out that as a federal employee, my pay was completely covered whilst on jury duty, so I never experienced this inconvenience. However, I was recruited for jury at least three times during my career, and let's just say that some of the other jurors were not happy that they were experiencing a big pay cut by performing this duty).
I work for an evil, too big to fail bank and they're huge on us doing our jury duty. HEUUUUUGE. We still get paid. I knew someone who was on a county grand jury, which meant one day a week at the courthouse for three months. He got his full pay. Another coworker got stuck on a trial for two weeks. He said that the judge got a big smile when he heard who my coworker's employer was. At that point, my coworker knew he was going to be stuck (low down in the jury pool and no excuse like, "I ain't getting paid fer this").

boots

Post by boots » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:06 pm

I have mixed feelings about this one. As I suspect many here do.

On the one hand, Trussell did try to pollute the grand jury and therefore the legal process for his own opinionated means. There is a danger in that, and contrary to what the sovcits say the danger is in harming the rule of law. It perhaps should be dealt with more seriously in this country, before more Malheurs happen. How many people have to be scammed before they start cracking down?

On the other hand, even if Trussell still maintains his heartfelt delusion, he is still delusional, and somewhere along the way, his sense of skepticism failed him and he bought into a whole boatload of garbage, which led to his actions. None of that is a defense per se. But this is a person who likely conducted himself well in society for the most part. And it would be sad to see him go to prison over a mistaken belief system that he just fell into late in life.

But that being said, I think 2-3.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:09 pm

Foggy wrote:
Off Topic
INPEECH!!!

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Foggy wrote:
Off Topic
Off Topic
I'm sorry to say that I have, and I'm still trying to blot it from memory.
Techno Luddite I can understand your point of view, but have to disagree heartily. I think TT is an idiot, I don't think there is any real question or argument there, as well as about a dozen kinds of easily led fool, but he walked in to this with his eyes wide open. I count him delusional only in that he really sincerely believes the nonsense he has been fed, although I think only because it suits hi purposes. I suppose I should be sad that he has basically thrown what is left of his life away, but from what I can tell, it wasn't much of a step, and he did it after being repeatedly warned. I feel that everything he gets, and I am really really hoping he gets the book thrown at him, repeatedly, as he deserves it. I base this on the amount of damage he could have done to totally innocent people with his "inditements" and his kangaroo CLGJ/court. If he, and his "friends" had had their way they were preparing to unleash a reign of righteousness that would have made and done Robespierre proud. They have no respect for any opinion but their own and no intention of even pretending to listen. If you don't agree with them you are a criminal and must be punished. The whole CLGJ scheme as put forward by Johnny Two names and Dowdell and company is one of judge jury and executioner all in one answerable to no one, and that is something I find seriously offensive on top of being dangerous. The attitude and contempt that goes with that is not something I want to see institutionalized or allowed to escape the end result it deserves. So let's just say I'd like to see him get the maximum sentence on every count served consecutively as a warning to other future petty dictators and Dowdell and co.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:25 pm

:like: :yeah:
I heartily endorse Notorial's product and/or service.

Terry was given a gift when the judge didn't let him play his SovCit games at arraignment; spending a few nights in the clink should have put him on notice that he was in deep kimchee. Instead, he's doubling down on his seditionist bullshit, and I want him to die in prison. Give these SovCit motherfuckers an inch and they think they own the goddamn country. They don't.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:06 pm

Family Liberty Patriot wrote::like: :yeah:
I heartily endorse Notorial's product and/or service.

Terry was given a gift when the judge didn't let him play his SovCit games at arraignment; spending a few nights in the clink should have put him on notice that he was in deep kimchee. Instead, he's doubling down on his seditionist bullshit, and I want him to die in prison. Give these SovCit motherfuckers an inch and they think they own the goddamn country. They don't.
I gotta disagree here, if only for practical reasons. I do not want Trussell to die in prison. I don't even want him to be particularly sick in prison. I want him to serve 2 or 3 years in prison, at which time he'll be about 76, and likely not in fine health, but likely not really ill. Two or three years is more than long enough for all of his sovcit buddies to have long-forgotten him (hell, Trussell will be forgotten as soon as he can no longer serve as both patsy and martyr, so maybe 6 months...they'll have gone through 5 or 6 other flavors of the month by then, and over a longer term, Trussell will be less than the flat tire one of them had on the road six months before. There's always another patsy; another mark; and that's all Trussell has ever been, really...a gullible fool who wanted desperately, for once in his life, to feel important).

Here's what I don't want: I don't want the State of Florida to be responsible for the housing and care (including potentially expensive medical care) of this silly old fart. I don't want to pay one penny more in my tax dollars toward the shelter and feeding of Terry Trussell than is required.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Terry Trussell is not on trial for being an idiot. He does think he's smarter than the rest of us but he isn't on trial for that either. There are plenty of things that are illegal that are stoopit and plenty that involve very shrewd schemes. Luckily for me, my interpretive dance version of Plato's Republic is only illegal in the Great State of Utah.

Anyways, while a part of me is sad that Terry has chosen the path he is on, like FLP said, he's had numerous opportunities to turn this trainwreck arround. He could have realized that once the Dixie County Grand Jury refused to play along with his games that what Dowdell and company didn't work. He doubled down. Rather than work through official channels to resolve what he says was innappopriate interference in the DCGJ by Mr. Seigmeister, Terry doubled down and committed a crime. Terry even at one point IIRC had a non-Inger lawyer who is no longer part of the case at a guess because the former counsel probably recommended that Terry cut a deal and/or would not play sovcit games. Terry doubled down again.

I may be sad at the stoopit, but I'm even sadder that the most likely reason Terry will skate is because of the privileges he has compared to others that he would likely lecture about "personal responsibility."

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:56 pm

Paul, I don't much care if TT spends the rest of his days in prison, but the best result I can see is him getting hammered as far as sentencing, and then getting the majority of it suspended and having that full sentence hanging over his head if he chooses to do something else stupid. As I see it, if they don't make an example of him Dowdell and his cronies, or other like minded loonies, will try something similar later, and the cost will mount from there. It may not have an effect, but it may also dissuade a few of them to other pursuits. The thing is that the paper terrorism they favor can and does mount up in expense for innocent individuals when they aren't quickly and severely dealt with.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:46 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:Paul, I don't much care if TT spends the rest of his days in prison, but the best result I can see is him getting hammered as far as sentencing, and then getting the majority of it suspended and having that full sentence hanging over his head if he chooses to do something else stupid. As I see it, if they don't make an example of him Dowdell and his cronies, or other like minded loonies, will try something similar later, and the cost will mount from there. It may not have an effect, but it may also dissuade a few of them to other pursuits. The thing is that the paper terrorism they favor can and does mount up in expense for innocent individuals when they aren't quickly and severely dealt with.
I agree completely, ND. Trussell needs to get real prison time for his crimes, and I think he will. But I also believe (not because of his age, I don't really give a shit about his age, and that "age-sympathy/senior citizen/Garcia's likening this to a "capital crime/death sentence" cuts no ice with me). But I genuinely believe that 2 to 3 years in prison will serve to both take Trussell out of the picture with a serious punishment (I wouldn't want to spend 2 or 3 weeks in a Florida state prison, much less 2 to 3 years), move him beyond the useful martyr stage for Dowdell and cronies, while still removing him from the prison system after he is unable to fuck around anymore with his silly nonsense, but still able to be responsible, financially, for his own health care. I don't much care if his confinement is to one of the 'geriatric' state prisons (still no picnic), and his prison job is wiping cacky butts and toting bedpans for those prisoners more infirm than he. I don't much care if, after his release, he goes back to Dixie County (assuming he still has a home there) or if he goes prancing off to Buffalo. At that point (although it's pretty much the case now) Trussell will be completely impotent as a face for the sovcitties.

But here's one thing Terry Trussell has done for Florida. In one week, these charges (and the answering for them) under F.S. 843.0855 will no longer be "a case of first impression." I feel certain that, in the future, and with greater confidence and history, the Dowdells of the world (or, at least their puppets) will decide that Florida just might not be the place to play their game. Yeah, it'll take a few more prosecutions (but it would have taken that anyway), but I genuinely believe that the State is serious about putting an end to this nonsense.

Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Paul, I quite agree, like I said, I don't much care how much time he does so long as it makes an impression, and I am hoping he gets hammered though as far as the sentence, since these people are dumb enough that anything less than a 2x4 between the eyes won't get their attention. I'd be fine with him spending the rest of his life on probation as long as it discourages him and his fellow idjits. And as you say once the trial is over with the law will have been tested. Subtle doesn't work with these fools.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:55 pm

There were times when I started to have sympathy for Terry, but after hearing the things he has said in interviews (which are a lot different than the things he says in court), I find it very difficult.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:06 am

Packed and ready to head out at dawn's first light, but considering how hard it's raining right now, not sure what time that will be. I pick up PG about 90 minutes north of me and we'll have another 3-1/2 hours of driving after that, not figuring traffic delays due to weather. There's no way we can get there before the lunch break, even in good weather. Once we pass Tampa, cell service will probably be spotty, but we'll check TFB as often as possible. So if you guys could be pals, check with the courthouse and post updates here, that'd be swell. It's not that I think Hankinson would postpone. My worry is Inger Garcia won't show due to either health or weather issues excuses and we'd like to know as early as possible.

ImageImageImage x4

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:07 am

I'm up and ready with bells on!

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:09 am

Patagoniagirl wrote:I'm up and ready with bells on!
It's not bad here, it's raining but not too heavy. Radar shows orange and red up your way. Still dark as can be outside.

ImageImageImage x4

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:15 am

Just called the number Orlylicious gave us for potential jurors. (a recording of) Ms. Johnson said please report to room A by 8:00. Sounds like we're on, as long as Inger Garcia shows.

ImageImageImage x4

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:25 am

Morning! We're on in South Florida too also, it isn't even raining here. If you run into any problem, just use Foggy's name :P . I wish I was in Dixie, hooray, hooray! Maybe you'll see Carl Gallups, wouldn't that be a treat? Have fun!

It's now TS Colin: https://www.wunderground.com/news/tropi ... -june-2016

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:27 am

Good luck, intrepid BOTGers!

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:03 pm

I have changed my vote to more than 4 years if Trussell is convicted.

Anyone can change a vote.

Based on today's papers and the reports, Inger Garcia doesn't know what she is doing. Either the jury will sympathize with Trussell for having a clown for a lawyer, or they will convict and the court will throw the book at him. (Paul - does the judge or jury sentence in this case? I would have assumed the judge, but after Texas, who the hell knows any more.)
Edit: Tpyo.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:16 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I have changed my vote to more than 4 years if Trussell is convicted.

Anyone can change a vote.

Based on today's papers and the reports, Inger Garcia doesn't know what she is doing. Either the jury will sympathize with Trussell for having a clown for a lawyer, or they wiull convict and the court will throw the book at him. (Paul - does the judge or jury sentence in this case? I would have assumed the judge, but after Texas, who the hell knows any more.)
Stern, the judge determines the sentence, generally following the completion of the sentencing worksheet (I shared that some months ago), as well as a pre-sentencing report (more personal stuff). Typically, there will be a period of a couple of weeks to a month between the jury's verdict and the sentencing hearing, and since he is currently out on bond, it would be most ordinary for Trussell to remain on bond for the period between the verdict and sentencing.

However, Trussell has now made the court aware that he is no longer a full-time resident of Dixie County, and is, apparently, without any ties to the community (such as he claimed at his 10/30/14 arraignment). Given that admission (and assuming a guilty verdict) I'm not sure that the State would not oppose Trussell's continued release on bond for the interim.

Have RV...will travel.

Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Can we add the death penalty based on Inger's first day?

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Return to “Terry Trussell”