A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Will Trussell be found guilty? If so, how much time will he get?

He will be found guilty of at least one charge.
43%
He will be found not guilty of all charges.
4%
He will be sentenced to probation.
4%
He will be sentenced to some time in jail not exceeding 6 months.
5%
He will be sentenced to between 6 months and one day to one year in jail.
8%
He will be sentenced to between 1 year and a day to 2 years in prison.
16%
He will be sentenced to between 2 years and a day to 3 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to between 3 years and a day to 4 years in prison.
6%
He will be sentenced to more than 4 years in prison.
9%

Total votes: 140

Sterngard Friegen

A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:03 pm

I'm going with "yes" and 4 years.

boots

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by boots » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:20 pm

I say 2 to 3. And oh yes he guilty alright!

Family Liberty Patriot

Re: A Poll - Will Trussell be Found Guilty? And if so how much time will he get?

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Guilty and probation; any incarceration will be suspended. I do not trust the justice system to adequately punish these people, but I will be happy to be proved wrong.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Guilty
12-15 months prison
3-5 years probation

Also, too, I still want recount on Judge Snow's finding of facts/ruling page count.

WHINE, WHINE, WHINE

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Guilty of at least one charge.
Jail time; no prison.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:17 pm

Family Liberty Patriot wrote:Guilty and probation; any incarceration will be suspended. I do not trust the justice system to adequately punish these people, but I will be happy to be proved wrong.
I second that emotion.

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Guilty and hopefully one year and a day so that he is labeled a felon.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:02 pm

Clairez wrote:Guilty and hopefully one year and a day so that he is labeled a felon.
:yeah:

And a hefty fine for being a serious pain in the ass.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:32 pm

mmmirele wrote:Guilty of at least one charge.
Jail time; no prison.
:yeah: With the proviso that I could see him getting a total sentence of more than a year with much of it suspended. That could still result in him serving less than a year in the county jail even though the full nominal sentence is more than a year (the usual dividing line between jail and prison).

chancery

Post by chancery » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:27 am

He'll be convicted.

The sentence? Trussell is a middle-class white man. On the merits, there's some basis for concluding that, at the end of the day, he was an old knucklehead who didn't cause any harm. I've lost any taste I ever had for harsh sentencing.

Yet . . . Government operates on trust and an assumption of good faith. We can't police and protect against everything. A concerted attack would not necessarily end to our best advantage.

There's room for debate about the best way to respond to the various manifestations of sovshittery. But when an actual-not-imaginary-in-his-head grand jury chairman goes rogue, that's a deadly threat to our polity. Florida correctly realized that this case was, to quote State's Attorney Meggs out of context, "as serious as a heart attack."

3-4 years is about right, considering his age. He could die in prison.
Before setting forth on that inevitable journey, none is wiser than the man who considers—before his soul departs hence—what good or evil he has done, and what judgement his soul will receive after its passing.'
Bede's Death Song.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:46 am

Guilty.

I have no basis to be sure he gets a year and a day. But I think he should. Sovshits will be sure if he gets off cheaply, that they were afraid to put him in prison because they know he's right/innocent.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:21 am

IF, in the unlikely event, the State's case doesn't continue to fall apart as Gimmy eloquently indicated, last on May 8:
GimmyTruth wrote:
I've just been to busy for post.

I meant with TT and Inger last Tuesday. Everything is on shedule
Guilty and because he has no remorse, keeps doing defiant interviews, has Inger and the bowling ball pissing off the court, was a Grand Jury foreman who willfully took advantage, and continues to associate and cause problems with other Sovcit nuts like Rodger Dowdell, I agree with Stern, 4 years. :wave:

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:34 am

I'm going with "I have no idea."

I think that, with the assistance of counsel, it's plausible that Trussell will fail rebut any of the elements of the charges, antagonize the jury to the point that any jury nullification is in the opposite direction from what he's looking for, and wind up convicted on all charges. In which case I think a 2-4 year sentence is likely.

On the other hand, given the nature of the charges, I think it's also possible (although much less likely) that the jury will go with "you're making us miss work for this bullshit" and acquit.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:55 am

Mikedunford wrote:
On the other hand, given the nature of the charges, I think it's also possible (although much less likely) that the jury will go with "you're making us miss work for this bullshit" and acquit.
As a former working stiff, I would venture to say that the people on the jury would be much more inclined to say "I don't mind missing work, but I don't like getting paid $10 for the entire day instead of my proper pay. So since you made me be here, YOU are going to suffer, and so off to jail you go".

(I would like to point out that as a federal employee, my pay was completely covered whilst on jury duty, so I never experienced this inconvenience. However, I was recruited for jury at least three times during my career, and let's just say that some of the other jurors were not happy that they were experiencing a big pay cut by performing this duty).

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:13 am

Guilty. 2½ years prison time.

Edited to add regarding jury inconvenience: It will be made very clear from the beginning that the state's case took about one 8-hour day of the jury's time. Further, it is unlikely that the session will run late on 6/6/16 (because the jurors will not have been prepared for that in advance). So, the "late" days (if any) will occur during and due to the defense's case, and the jurors will certainly recognize that and know exactly who to blame. The state may have brought them there, but it's Terry Trussell who's making them stay, and the state (SA Meggs or his designate) will be happy to remind them.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:39 am

If he had gone with a guilty plea he would be out by now, and not down massive lawyer fees.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:51 am

Azastan wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:
As a former working stiff, I would venture to say that the people on the jury would be much more inclined to say "I don't mind missing work, but I don't like getting paid $10 for the entire day instead of my proper pay. So since you made me be here, YOU are going to suffer, and so off to jail you go".

(I would like to point out that as a federal employee, my pay was completely covered whilst on jury duty, so I never experienced this inconvenience. However, I was recruited for jury at least three times during my career, and let's just say that some of the other jurors were not happy that they were experiencing a big pay cut by performing this duty).
I guess I'm lucky. I was called for Jury duty in February and I got paid $20 per day. And I didn't even sit on a jury. Just waited around for three days. My employer (the county) paid my regular salary, but I had to turn the $60 check in to the treasurer. Many employers, especially larger ones, do this. A prospective juror can probably beg off if his/her employer does not.

But I agree that a jury might very well convict because of the stupidity.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:34 am

Paul Lentz wrote:Guilty. 2½ years prison time.

Edited to add regarding jury inconvenience: It will be made very clear from the beginning that the state's case took about one 8-hour day of the jury's time. Further, it is unlikely that the session will run late on 6/6/16 (because the jurors will not have been prepared for that in advance). So, the "late" days (if any) will occur during and due to the defense's case, and the jurors will certainly recognize that and know exactly who to blame. The state may have brought them there, but it's Terry Trussell who's making them stay, and the state (SA Meggs or his designate) will be happy to remind them.
True, but he or she will have to be subtle about it. You can't ask the jury to convict solely because the defendant opted to exercise his constitutional right to due process. Instead the state will focus on the volume of false, misleading, or inconsistent evidence put on by the defense, with the underlying message -- it was the defense that made you sit through that crap -- unspoken.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:45 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Paul Lentz wrote:Guilty. 2½ years prison time.

True, but he or she will have to be subtle about it. You can't ask the jury to convict solely because the defendant opted to exercise his constitutional right to due process. Instead the state will focus on the volume of false, misleading, or inconsistent evidence put on by the defense, with the underlying message -- it was the defense that made you sit through that crap -- unspoken.
Exactly right, Maybenaut.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:49 am

Chancery said this: (my bold)
The sentence? Trussell is a middle-class white man. On the merits, there's some basis for concluding that, at the end of the day, he was an old knucklehead who didn't cause any harm. I've lost any taste I ever had for harsh sentencing.
I have a certain amount of compassion for old knuckleheaded farts. At the end of this trial, whatever the outcome, Trussell will be drained financially and physically, may be facing a divorce (I would if mr520 ever pulled a boneheaded stunt like that, losing our retirement funds after all those years of hard work :madguy: ) and he will be two years older than when he headed out on this path. Personally, and I'm sure Pollyanna would agree, his deflation and subsequent decline at the end of the trial will be punishment enough. You know that once it's over he'll be abandoned by his new BFFs anyway, just like some others.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:53 am

I predict he will be NLA's new fundraising sacrificial lamb. At least he'll have that.

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:12 pm

I see a lot of people saying what they hope Trussell will get, which was not the asked question; make no mistake; I would LOVE for this malcontent asshole to get 70 years. No sentence short of the maximum, served consecutively, will be enough. I want this worthless pile of detritus to die in prison, one day before he's scheduled to be released. But I live in a racist country run by racist assholes, which imprisons brown people for carrying marijuana and lets affluent whites skate with probation or exoneration for much worse. I have no faith at all that this seditionist will serve another day behind bars, unless he insists on violating the probation to which the judge sentences him. Because he's wealthy and because he's white.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 pm

noblepa wrote:
Azastan wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:

I guess I'm lucky. I was called for Jury duty in February and I got paid $20 per day. And I didn't even sit on a jury. Just waited around for three days. My employer (the county) paid my regular salary, but I had to turn the $60 check in to the treasurer. Many employers, especially larger ones, do this. A prospective juror can probably beg off if his/her employer does not.

But I agree that a jury might very well convict because of the stupidity.
Interesting. I work for the state and we're supposed to have the same arrangement, but the 3 or 4 times I"ve had jury duty and tried to give the money to the job our fiscal person said to forget about it. Of course it was never more than one day's pay. Maybe if it had been longer it would have been different.

Geritol

Post by Geritol » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:24 pm

Guilty and 4 years plus.

Bonus Points: He appears at sentencing in a wheel chair breathing through an oxygen mask.

Oops. I'm confusing him with Sheriff Arpaio. So many felons to keep track of.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Geritol wrote:Guilty and 4 years plus.

Bonus Points: He appears at sentencing in a wheel chair breathing through an oxygen mask.

Oops. I'm confusing him with Sheriff Arpaio. So many felons to keep track of.
Oh my! I thought the same thing. I wonder if TT will be taken in to custody at the conclusion of the trial and guilty verdict? Will he be allowed out on bail pending his sentencing and the obvious appeal Inger will file? Will there be gnashing of teeth, sobbing in the courtroom? Wish I could be there.

Return to “Terry Trussell”