Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

Northland10

Re: Terry Trussell - Dixie County Common Law Grand Jury Foreman

Post by Northland10 »

A quick Google search turned up two anonymous posts on complaint boards claiming that Meg's has dementia and should retire. They quoted anonymous sources in the State's attorneys office.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Hektor

Post by Hektor »

Terry's letter needs a little bit of translating. Allow me:
Dear Harry,

My thinks are turning interesting, here.

No official confirmation yet, but the rumor being spread around among us prisoners here is that we're all innocent and the corrupt courts, jurors and state attorneys who put us in here are going to be taking our places. Naturally the people who are rumored to be first in line are exactly the same people who put me away. Also, Willie Meggs has Alzheimers because I like to fantasize about horrible debilitating illnesses being inflicted on people who I don't like because I am just that honest, decent and dedicated citizen that I bragged about being at my trial.

It is further rumored that among the lies we tell each other here is that Jeff Siegmeister, who like me totally lied under oath at my trial (and that's the truth!) and whom I harassed until I was arrested, tried and convicted is also under investigation for something and some reason.

Apparently, The Tallahassee Democrat has totally backed me up on this, but I for some reason know this for certain without having any physical proof that they have bought into my cray cray. But clearly any story they do that is remotely related to either the 2nd or 3rd Judicial Districts is really about the only truly important thing in the universe which is me.

I'll make more shit up when I can, it sure helps pass the time here.

Terry

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Gosh, sounds just like TT's testimony in court. Just chock full of things he jsut knew for certain. :sarcasm:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

but it is being reported...
...by people who were convicted in court where Meggs prosecuted and Hankinson presided.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

If Mr. Meggs has Alzheimer's, what does that say for the legal eagle whom he defeated. Blah. Ha. Ha.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Patagoniagirl wrote:If Mr. Meggs has Alzheimer's, what does that say for the legal eagle whom he defeated. Blah. Ha. Ha.
Is TT really arguing for a remake of his court case cause a prosecutor with Alzheimer was able to present some actual facts into evidence? Does TT really want a prosecutor that brings up all evidence that may have flown under the Alzheimer radar too? How many extra years as a guest of the State of Florida is he asking for? :doh:

Notorial Dissent

The jury apparently didn't have any problems with it so I don't see how it could be relevant, except in TT's fetid imagination.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz »

NotaPerson wrote:UPDATE FROM TERRY TO HARRY AT PFA!!
Dear Harry,

Thinks are turning interesting, here.

No official confirmation yet, but it is being reported a big investigation and shake-up in the 2nd and 3rd Judicial Districts (Tallahassee & mine) which involves a number of judges, public defenders, and state attorneys, some of whom have already stepped down. Chief among them are Willie Meggs (who retired and is reported to be undergoing treatment for Alzheimer's) and Judge James C. Hankinson (The prosecutor and judge in my case.)

It is further reported Jeff Siegmeister, S/A who lied under oath at my trial, and was behind my being arrested, is also under investigation.

Apparently, The Tallahassee Democrat has reported extensively on some of this, but it's taking us a few days to obtain back copies. Seems this all started about the time of my trial last summer.

I'll send more when I get it.

Terry
Poor Terry. Poor, poor Terry. There is no "big investigation" being conducted in either the FL 2nd or 3rd judicial CIRCUITS (not "districts," you stupid asshole).

There are currently 4 circuit judges under investigation in progress before Florida's judicial qualifications commission (JQC), which is the judicial branch's complaint and enforcement arm. Of those 4, one is from the 7th circuit (near Jacksonville); one is from the 9th circuit (mine, but she's assigned to Osceola County, just south); one is a county judge (not a circuit judge) in St. Lucie County (FL mid southeast coast); and one (Andrew Decker) is from the 3rd circuit (which includes Dixie County; however, Judge Decker is assigned to Hamilton County (north of Dixie County, and right at the Georgia line). Judge Decker was never a factor in Trussell's case.

There are no JQC investigations regarding Judge James Hankinson, and a quick historical look of the past decade or so suggests to me that there never have been.

Judges in Florida are elected to 6-year terms (and judicial elections for each circuit are, much like the US Senate, pretty much evenly distributed, so some are up for reelection (if they choose to run) every two years). Mandatory retirement age for judges in Florida is 70, and a judge approaching that age may only run for reelection if his/her 70th birthday falls more than 2 years (or it might be 3 years, I don't recall specifically) after his last election. Thus, it is not at all surprising that, in the spring and summer of 2016 (with an election coming up), a number of "aged-out" judges from each Florida circuit "stepped down," i.e., did not run for reelection. That has nothing to do with an "investigation" (or any sort of corruption), but rather, has everything to do with a very ordinary elections limitation (as well as numerous other factors which might cause a judge to retire rather than run for reelection, including health issues, family priorities, etc.). By the by, many (maybe most) of our circuit judges who "age out" continue to be retained by the State as "senior" judges, actively still in a judicial role, and through their continued employment relieving some of the chronic overcrowding and backlog in our (understaffed) circuit courts.

As to State Attorney Jeff Siegmeister: I find no evidence whatsoever that SA Siegmeister is under any sort of "investigation." Hell, complaints are filed by disgruntled folks (people who are convicted; victims/victims' family members who believe that the accused "got off" or, if convicted, received an unreasonably light sentence) all the damn time...daily. Those complaints are part and parcel of the SA job, incredibly common, and typically examined and dismissed.

As to former State Attorney Willie Meggs: Born in 1943, SA Meggs was elected 7 times by the people of the FL 2nd circuit as their State Attorney, and served in that post for 32 years. He served with distinction and honor (but certainly not without controversy and some complaint, none of which was ever determined to be founded). Like Terry Trussell (also born in 1943), Mr. Meggs has had some health complaints associated with aging; however, his decision not to run for reelection in 2016 was not unexpected. If you watch the videos from the Trussell trial, it is obvious that Mr. Meggs has some mobility issues (none which "ground" him, but which limit him). However, there is no indication that Mr. Meggs suffers from Alzheimer's Dementia (although, if he does, so fucking what? It's not like that's something of which someone should be ashamed or "downgraded"). My mother has advanced Alzheimer's Dementia, and she's only in her late 60s. Trussell "discloses" this (unconfirmed and baseless) diagnosis of Mr. Megg's "Alzheimer's" as if that diagnosis--even if true--was some condemnation or something which would gut Mr. Meggs' credibility...it does not.

Terry Trussell is hardly in a position to (given his testimony at sentencing) suggest that anyone should be shamed by their physical infirmities. As we all know, Trussell listed a lengthy litany of physical complaints, including old and more recent back injuries and surgeries, a partially paralyzed leg, blood pressure issues requiring medication, gluten intolerance, blah, blah, blah, and my personal favorite: inability to move his bowels.

Well, it certainly appears (from the evidence submitted at sentencing, taken in the Dixie County Jail) that Trussell was able to overcome some of those issues. But it seems to me that Trussell is still suffering from a difficult case of chronic constipation: with these latest "revelations," it is obvious that Trussell is full of shit.

The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

No, Paul. Trussell is not constipated. He has explosively unloaded all of his shit to his breathless listeners. And, yet, no progress has been made on his appeal. Strange innit?

Notorial Dissent

And yet I'll bet the billable hours have continued to climb and climb and climb.

realist

Post by realist »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:No, Paul. Trussell is not constipated. He has explosively unloaded all of his shit to his breathless listeners. And, yet, no progress has been made on his appeal. Strange innit?
Speaking of "progress" on appeal...

NEW DOCKET ENTRY in FDCoA
02/28/2017 Mot. for Extension of time to file Initial Brief Arthur J. Morburger 0157287 or for order of reversal
No document attached, of course, so...

While I'd likely not believe him, perhaps Paul Lentz could chime in with his best guess re "order of reversal."

:think:

ImageX 4 ImageX36
Notorial Dissent

And a unicorn, and more billable hours.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz »

realist wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:No, Paul. Trussell is not constipated. He has explosively unloaded all of his shit to his breathless listeners. And, yet, no progress has been made on his appeal. Strange innit?
Speaking of "progress" on appeal...

NEW DOCKET ENTRY in FDCoA
02/28/2017 Mot. for Extension of time to file Initial Brief Arthur J. Morburger 0157287 or for order of reversal
No document attached, of course, so...

While I'd likely not believe him, perhaps Paul Lentz could chime in with his best guess re "order of reversal."

:think:
I could and will chime in, however, let me begin with this: :shock: :jawdrop: :dazed: :-? :lol: :point: :rotflmao: :bwaha:

A motion for an "order of reversal" is not especially unusual in civil appellate practice in Florida. However, a motion for an "order of reversal" in a criminal appeal (before briefing) is not only unheard of, it is untenable by statute:

§ 924.31 Fla. Stat.
When argument necessary.—A judgment may be affirmed if the appellant fails to argue, but it shall not be reversed unless the appellant submits a written brief or makes oral argument.
I'd also call attention to § 924.33 Fla. Stat.
When judgment not to be reversed or modified.—No judgment shall be reversed unless the appellate court is of the opinion, after an examination of all the appeal papers, that error was committed that injuriously affected the substantial rights of the appellant. It shall not be presumed that error injuriously affected the substantial rights of the appellant.
The circuit court clerk (Dana Johnson) has recently (on 2/20/17) delivered the full record on appeal (ROA) to the 1st District Court of Appeal (1DCA). That record consists of 14,192 pages (1,309 pages in the trial transcript; 12,883 pages in the remaining record on appeal--about 10,000 of which were included at attorney Garcia's direction, but would not have ordinarily been part of the "record on appeal"). At this point in the appellate proceeding, absent an appellant's initial brief, a motion for an order of reversal is like asking the appellate panel to read through over 14,000 pages of record, and independently identify the reversible errors themselves, while allowing the appellee (the State) no opportunity to respond. Not. Gonna. Happen.

I would expect the State to respond to this motion for extension of time (EOT) to file initial brief or for an order of reversal. By the by, the current deadline for attorney Morburger to file the initial brief is 3/22/17--30 days after the filing of the ROA. Given that it has now been at least 6+ months since the original notice of appeal was filed, the State could reasonably oppose the EOT, but I really wouldn't expect them to do so with any vigor. However, the State would (obviously) respond in opposition to a motion for order of reversal, not just because it's inapposite to the law but because it's stupid.

Orlando, Florida 6/12/16
Notorial Dissent

Has Morburger actually filed ANYTHING that actually has to do with the actual appeal, like a brief or a pleading, or ANYTHING that wasn't just time wasting?

Sterngard Friegen

Memo to Morburger: Take your time, Arthur. Trussell is finally in a place where he can't get into any more trouble.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Memo to Morburger: Take your time, Arthur. Trussell is finally in a place where he can't get into any more trouble.
Terry can easily get into trouble if he starts promising to solve the legal problems of the other denizens of his current residence.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Paul Lentz wrote:
NotaPerson wrote:UPDATE FROM TERRY TO HARRY AT PFA!!
Dear Harry,

Thinks are turning interesting, here.

No official confirmation yet, but it is being reported a big investigation and shake-up in the 2nd and 3rd Judicial Districts (Tallahassee & mine) which involves a number of judges, public defenders, and state attorneys, some of whom have already stepped down. Chief among them are Willie Meggs (who retired and is reported to be undergoing treatment for Alzheimer's) and Judge James C. Hankinson (The prosecutor and judge in my case.)

It is further reported Jeff Siegmeister, S/A who lied under oath at my trial, and was behind my being arrested, is also under investigation.

Apparently, The Tallahassee Democrat has reported extensively on some of this, but it's taking us a few days to obtain back copies. Seems this all started about the time of my trial last summer.

I'll send more when I get it.

Terry
Poor Terry. Poor, poor Terry. There is no "big investigation" being conducted in either the FL 2nd or 3rd judicial CIRCUITS (not "districts," you stupid asshole).

There are currently 4 circuit judges under investigation in progress before Florida's judicial qualifications commission (JQC), which is the judicial branch's complaint and enforcement arm. Of those 4, one is from the 7th circuit (near Jacksonville); one is from the 9th circuit (mine, but she's assigned to Osceola County, just south); one is a county judge (not a circuit judge) in St. Lucie County (FL mid southeast coast); and one (Andrew Decker) is from the 3rd circuit (which includes Dixie County; however, Judge Decker is assigned to Hamilton County (north of Dixie County, and right at the Georgia line). Judge Decker was never a factor in Trussell's case.

There are no JQC investigations regarding Judge James Hankinson, and a quick historical look of the past decade or so suggests to me that there never have been.

Judges in Florida are elected to 6-year terms (and judicial elections for each circuit are, much like the US Senate, pretty much evenly distributed, so some are up for reelection (if they choose to run) every two years). Mandatory retirement age for judges in Florida is 70, and a judge approaching that age may only run for reelection if his/her 70th birthday falls more than 2 years (or it might be 3 years, I don't recall specifically) after his last election. Thus, it is not at all surprising that, in the spring and summer of 2016 (with an election coming up), a number of "aged-out" judges from each Florida circuit "stepped down," i.e., did not run for reelection. That has nothing to do with an "investigation" (or any sort of corruption), but rather, has everything to do with a very ordinary elections limitation (as well as numerous other factors which might cause a judge to retire rather than run for reelection, including health issues, family priorities, etc.). By the by, many (maybe most) of our circuit judges who "age out" continue to be retained by the State as "senior" judges, actively still in a judicial role, and through their continued employment relieving some of the chronic overcrowding and backlog in our (understaffed) circuit courts.

As to State Attorney Jeff Siegmeister: I find no evidence whatsoever that SA Siegmeister is under any sort of "investigation." Hell, complaints are filed by disgruntled folks (people who are convicted; victims/victims' family members who believe that the accused "got off" or, if convicted, received an unreasonably light sentence) all the damn time...daily. Those complaints are part and parcel of the SA job, incredibly common, and typically examined and dismissed.

As to former State Attorney Willie Meggs: Born in 1943, SA Meggs was elected 7 times by the people of the FL 2nd circuit as their State Attorney, and served in that post for 32 years. He served with distinction and honor (but certainly not without controversy and some complaint, none of which was ever determined to be founded). Like Terry Trussell (also born in 1943), Mr. Meggs has had some health complaints associated with aging; however, his decision not to run for reelection in 2016 was not unexpected. If you watch the videos from the Trussell trial, it is obvious that Mr. Meggs has some mobility issues (none which "ground" him, but which limit him). However, there is no indication that Mr. Meggs suffers from Alzheimer's Dementia (although, if he does, so fucking what? It's not like that's something of which someone should be ashamed or "downgraded"). My mother has advanced Alzheimer's Dementia, and she's only in her late 60s. Trussell "discloses" this (unconfirmed and baseless) diagnosis of Mr. Megg's "Alzheimer's" as if that diagnosis--even if true--was some condemnation or something which would gut Mr. Meggs' credibility...it does not.

Terry Trussell is hardly in a position to (given his testimony at sentencing) suggest that anyone should be shamed by their physical infirmities. As we all know, Trussell listed a lengthy litany of physical complaints, including old and more recent back injuries and surgeries, a partially paralyzed leg, blood pressure issues requiring medication, gluten intolerance, blah, blah, blah, and my personal favorite: inability to move his bowels.

Well, it certainly appears (from the evidence submitted at sentencing, taken in the Dixie County Jail) that Trussell was able to overcome some of those issues. But it seems to me that Trussell is still suffering from a difficult case of chronic constipation: with these latest "revelations," it is obvious that Trussell is full of shit.
I saw no mobility issues with Mr. Meggs during the trial. I saw a measured, deliberate and clever lawyer who weighed his jury, the law, his opponent and the facts at hand to convict a lying asshole. Meggs was no more mired in any dementia-type issue than the Notorious RBG. He was clearly intact as his mental faculties were concerned; a clever barrister. I've seen and heard some good ones in my days. It was a joy to watch his quiet, clever dance in the courtroom.

As to Mr. Steigmeister. He had no axe to grind. He followed the law. He is a dedicated State Attorney and a very good man who was threatened and ultimately his testimony was impeccable. The earlier depositions which were roundly mocked here, were simply indicative of his frustration with the ridiculousness he encountered. A hothead maybe, but more of a non-political maverick.

It was a pleasure to watch the proceedings. Ever onward Mr. Meggs and Mr. steigmeister in an ever frustrating world of home-grown extremists.

boots

Post by boots »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:Memo to Morburger: Take your time, Arthur. Trussell is finally in a place where he can't get into any more trouble.
Terry can easily get into trouble if he starts promising to solve the legal problems of the other denizens of his current residence.
It seems like Florida is going to need its own sovcit jail, given recent events.

Notorial Dissent

Actually, I would suspect that if TT just stays the course and acts his usual self, he can get himself in to all kinds of trouble in prison. His speshul kind of stupit just lends itself to that sort of thing.

Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz »

Notorial Dissent wrote:Actually, I would suspect that if TT just stays the course and acts his usual self, he can get himself in to all kinds of trouble in prison. His speshul kind of stupit just lends itself to that sort of thing.
ND, I agree with you. But it is my belief that, "if TT just stays the course and acts his usual self," it will not be the prison system which administers justice to him, it will be his fellow prisoners.

Terry Trussell's health concerns in prison have nothing to do with a bum leg, bad back and shoulders, crummy food, and inability to have regular bowel movements. His greater health threat, in my opinion, comes from his fellow inmates who might just decide, after listening to Trussell pontificate endlessly about what a true American hero and martyr he is and a political prisoner, to shut him up in self-defense.

Orlando, Florida 6/12/16
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Please keep listening to Sterngard, Arthur.
And since FDLE and others have read here, LE should know that Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. is involved in more SovCit activity. From Nota on the SovCit Pretend Marshals Show up at NM Jail to Spring Someone Topic http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=75 -- Roger has his next stooge.
NotaPerson wrote:Yesterday I learned something new (I think) relevant to this mess...

I perused a few recent 4CD Florida conference calls, moderated by Rodger Dowdell. I was looking for news of a fake grand jury investigation of government officials in the Terry Trussell case. I didn't hear Terry mentioned, but at the beginning of the Feb. 8th call, he discusses what happened in NM for several minutes. And he reveals to us that he had a big role in assisting Tresa Haywood with preparation of her powerful pretend paperwork.

So Rodger has found himself another Terry Trussell. Good for him. After all, he needed a new Terry, given that the original Terry will be in the slammer for the next 8 years - thanks at least partly to Rodger.

You can hear it here. The NM discussion starts in the second minute:

https://www.freeconferencecallhd.com/pl ... YLPw/dtz7S

Avatar: LDIT's Court FAILS. Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring titular Mama June returns 3/21. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
Notorial Dissent

Paul Lentz wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:Actually, I would suspect that if TT just stays the course and acts his usual self, he can get himself in to all kinds of trouble in prison. His speshul kind of stupit just lends itself to that sort of thing.
ND, I agree with you. But it is my belief that, "if TT just stays the course and acts his usual self," it will not be the prison system which administers justice to him, it will be his fellow prisoners.

Terry Trussell's health concerns in prison have nothing to do with a bum leg, bad back and shoulders, crummy food, and inability to have regular bowel movements. His greater health threat, in my opinion, comes from his fellow inmates who might just decide, after listening to Trussell pontificate endlessly about what a true American hero and martyr he is and a political prisoner, to shut him up in self-defense.
Paul, I couldn't agree more. TT is a sanctimonious self righteous self serving ass, but first and foremost an ass, and KNOWS more and better than everyone else, which should just go over ever so well with his new bunkies. He likes to lord it over the hoi paloi, and that goes over just ever so well where he is. Everything that has happened to TT and that will happen to TT is the direct product of his own hand and mouth.

I have to say,that there is nothing I so look forward to with great hope is that at some point Dowdell will get to join TT in his great retirement adventure.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I bet Terry is finding massive amounts of injustice in his new residence. Pretty much everyone there is innocent, they just got set up by the cops and railroaded by the courts.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I still think he can get some street cred in there because his victims probably had a hand in locking up some of his fellow residents. But if he keeps going into the nitty gritty details for "educational" purposes, they'll see him as an idiot and find ways to take advantage of him.

Sterngard Friegen

Trussell is the snake farm (Army) version of Admiral FitzFundFilcher. Both are sanctimonious crackpots.

Return to “Terry Trussell”