Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

Tarmc22

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

Post by Tarmc22 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Ryan Bundy... released to a halfway house? What happened?

icebreaker

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #2--The Big One: Cliven, Ammon, cRyan, Ryan Payne, Pete Santilli

Post by icebreaker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:27 pm

From Twitter:
Bundy Court Sketches‏ @hecktow
Ryan Bundy will be outfitted with a GPS monitor before transfer to halfway house. Pro Se status combined with long transfer times from Dent center to court part of reason I and other are guessing for change #Bundytrial #bundyranch #bundycourtsketch

Tay Wiles‏ @taywiles
R.Bundy’s attny said outside courtroom it was “not clear” why judge changed decision re: pretrial release. She said it could have something to do with previous gov. claims her client was dangerous B/c he was tazed in an altercation, when “in fact he was not tazed.” #Bundytrial

Maxine Bernstein ‏Verified account @maxoregonian
In a sudden reversal, Judge Navarro decides to release Ryan Bundy tonight to a halfway house #Bundytrial

Judge declines to release Ammon Bundy #Bundytrial

Judge didn't explain reversal regarding Ryan Bundy in open court -but apparently due to govt misrepresentations made at last week's hearing

Odd that Judge Navarro didn't explain her decision now to release Ryan Bundy to 1/2way house in court - just said it almost as an aside

Angie Bundy,Ryan Bundy's wife who was kept out of courtroom w/spectators most of day, was surprised to hear of his 1/2 way house release

Prosecutor Steven Myhre declined any comment about Ryan Bundy's release from jail to a halfway house #bundytrial

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 pm

Thank you, Icebreaker!

"Angie Bundy,Ryan Bundy's wife who was kept out of courtroom w/spectators most of day, was surprised to hear of his 1/2 way house release"

A lot of Bundy family members have been subpoenaed as defense witnesses and I think Angie is one of them. If that is the case, she cannot sit in on the trial.

What exactly does it mean to be in a half-way house? Is one confined to the house? Can Angie visit him there, or he visit her wherever she might be living these days? Oh jeez, that would mean another little Bundy Bundle. cRyan is nothing if not fecund.

I think Cliven Lance spends a lot of time in half-way houses. Maybe the lost Bundy brother and cRyan can be roomies.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Someone responding to the tweet from Maxine about Angie Bundy not knowing about the release said Angie isn't allowed to visit him there. No idea if that's right or not. Knowing Ryan he'll do something dumb and end up back in prison.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm

maydijo wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm
Knowing Ryan he'll do something dumb and end up back in prison.
While the judge is probably too much of a professional for such a trick, I am kinda hoping they are doing the 'rope enough to hang yourself', letting out someone likely to pull something but not high up enough the chain to potentially get people killed.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Maxine:
Pros.Daniel Schiess:'The Oregon case was principally a trespass case...This is a case with threats, violence & intimidation.' #Bundytrial

Ryan Bundy will be under GPS monitoring while at halfway house #Bundytrial
"...trespass case." WTF?

So far, I do not like Schiess at all and I may change the spelling of his name to Scheisse.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:05 pm

Sarah Redd no Buck's video of cRyan's release. Not gonna watch, but feel free.

icebreaker

Post by icebreaker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm

maydijo wrote:
Someone responding to the tweet from Maxine about Angie Bundy not knowing about the release said Angie isn't allowed to visit him there. No idea if that's right or not. Knowing Ryan he'll do something dumb and end up back in prison.
Poots claim Angie gets to drive him to the halfway house. That should be interesting.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Time for the Tier 2, Trial 3 defendants to request reconsideration of pretrial release. I would be surprised if Mel and Dave, at the least, aren't released.

icebreaker

Post by icebreaker » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:25 pm

New article from Maxine Bernstein, Oregonian
Judge grants Ryan Bundy's release to a halfway house on eve of trial
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... relea.html

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:34 pm

I hope I'm not posting tweets that have already appeared on this thread. These are from Maxine. Bottom to top.
Prosecutor Myhre:'We don't want this to turn into a police conduct case - what FBI, BLM did.same concern in 1st and 2nd trial.' #Bundytrial

Judge ruled the material is relevant for defense to use (info on fed surveillance discussed in closed court )

Ammon Bundy's lawyer: It's 'important because they denied its existence.' ( fed surveillance of Bundy Ranch) #bundytrial

Prosecutor Steven Myhre:'Our position is none of that is relevant to this trial. We don't want this to turn into a police conduct case.'

The motion dealt with info govt was to provide on law enforcement surveillance outside Bundy home in 4/14 #bundytrial

Most of today's hearing was held behind closed doors - on motion from ABundy's lawyer regarding new discovery govt ordered to turn over Sat

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm
Maxine:
Pros.Daniel Schiess:'The Oregon case was principally a trespass case...This is a case with threats, violence & intimidation.' #Bundytrial

Ryan Bundy will be under GPS monitoring while at halfway house #Bundytrial
"...trespass case." WTF?

So far, I do not like Schiess at all and I may change the spelling of his name to Scheisse.
That was a problem with the Oregon cases. The US Attorney grossly undercharged the defendants. And I have speculated the jury was resentful its time was being wasted with trivialities.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:58 pm

icebreaker wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm
maydijo wrote:
Poots claim Angie gets to drive him to the halfway house. That should be interesting.
Oh, please let them make a run for it! :pray:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

poplove

Post by poplove » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

icebreaker wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm
maydijo wrote:
Baby #9 will be due next August.
If you're afraid of the answer, then don't ask the question.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Confirmed: AUSA Schiess is a Scheisse.*
In EEOC documents, the former prosecutor alleged that her immediate supervisor, Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Schiess, was prejudiced against women, especially mothers of small children, and had “disparaged her life choices.”

:snippity:
Schiess privately admitted to his supervisors that he made some missteps, documents show. He also admitted that he told the prosecutor in the past “that she should stay at home with her kids,” but the prosecutor took his words out of context.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/poli ... imination/

In what context would saying "stay at home with her kids" be appropriate, Mr. Scheisse?

I'm an equal opportunity attorney trasher. I do not discriminate among prosecutors and defense attorneys. Scheisse is the prosecutor who taunted Daniel Hill, Ammo's cja, with being young and inexperienced. Is he also the prosecutor who falsely claimed that cRyan had been tazed, thus leading to cRyan's release?

Properly written Scheiße.

German for 'shit' and like in English, is a vulgarity. It can be used as an exclamation and a synonym for feces.

The verb 'To shit (deficate)' is Scheißen.

The soft E on the end is often dropped in common conversation or in times of emergancy but is seldom used by English speaking people and they may assume you're mispronouncing it.
Urban Dictionary.

vic

Post by vic » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:04 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 pm
Confirmed: AUSA Schiess is a Scheisse.*
In EEOC documents, the former prosecutor alleged that her immediate supervisor, Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Schiess, was prejudiced against women, especially mothers of small children, and had “disparaged her life choices.”

Schiess privately admitted to his supervisors that he made some missteps, documents show. He also admitted that he told the prosecutor in the past “that she should stay at home with her kids,” but the prosecutor took his words out of context.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/poli ... imination/

In what context would saying "stay at home with her kids" be appropriate, Mr. Scheisse?
The only one I can think of would be if the prosecutor had told him that she had an appearance scheduled but that her kids had just been sent home from school because of illness, and that she wanted to be home with them. But I doubt that was the context.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:23 am

neeneko wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 pm
maydijo wrote:
Knowing Ryan he'll do something dumb and end up back in prison.
While the judge is probably too much of a professional for such a trick, I am kinda hoping they are doing the 'rope enough to hang yourself', letting out someone likely to pull something but not high up enough the chain to potentially get people killed.
:yeah: Either he does something stupid causing his re-admission to jail or he starts talking to potential witnesses. The first option stops anyone getting pre-trial release and shows they can't be trusted, the second gets a list of defence witnesses excluded for being tainted or coached.
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 am

Tarmc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm
Isn't he the guy who worked his bed sheets into something like a cord as a cowboy exercise?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:54 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 am
Tarmc22 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm
Isn't he the guy who worked his bed sheets into something like a cord as a cowboy exercise?
Even though he's not a cowboy. But somehow he had to practice rope braiding. Those watermelons aren't going to corral themselves, you know.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 am

A couple of tidbits from yesterday from Scott:
In court Ammon gets rejected for pretrial release. Interesting and going about as expected. Then at very end Navarro just kind of brings Ryan Bundy options for getting him released to a halfway house. Everyone is all.. I think we missed something.

During the last of Ammon's detention hearing, they brought up violations while incarcerated (11) included having a flash drive of discovery from OR case in his possession. Most were refusal for strip searches.

Also refusing Marshals orders to turn when they used security keypad. Bundy stated at that incident "we are free men not slaves"
Why and how did Ammon have a flash drive of Oregon discovery in his possession at Pahrump?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 am

NMgirl wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:18 am
Why and how did Ammon have a flash drive of Oregon discovery in his possession at Pahrump?
Well, he was caught on Mum's computer in the courtroom. 'cause he's special.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:40 am

Now that is very interesting.

Is Klatt there for the long haul, or just a few days? I see his drawings are already popping up on FB.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:47 am

Micah McGuire has his plea deal hearing this morning. Rumor has it the deal is for a misdemeanor, so presumably McGuire will get to keep his gunz.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:51 am

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:23 am
the second gets a list of defence witnesses excluded for being tainted or coached.
Huh. I had not considered that, but I could see that playing out in some amusing ways.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 am

Ryan is out.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”