Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Kendra

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Post by Kendra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:09 pm

The uptick to this prolonged imprisonment is how fewer Bundy babies are now in this world.

Dandelion

Post by Dandelion » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:32 am

Jerry Mander wrote:Some sanity from the SLC Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentar ... xtremists/
:geezerette:
Comments are reasonable too.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Anyone know what this is about? My guess is order of trials but don't have access to PACER. Deb Jordan post 3 hours ago.
"IMPORTANT PLEASE SHARE: Judge Gloria Navarro approached the pre-trial release of Eric Parker and Scott Drexler with caution telling Prosecutor Steven Myhre to just wait on his motion to retry the defendants as she said in her owns words -- Things can change -- Today a notice was sent to the attorney's for both Tier 1 and the remaining defendants Eric Parker and Scott Drexler of Tier 3 --
It is not clear why Navarro has ordered both tiers to be present -- with her track record in this case it could be good news or bad -- We will just have to wait for Thursday's hearing to find out:
MINUTE ORDER IN CHAMBERS of the Honorable Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro, as to Cliven D. Bundy, Ryan C. Bundy, Ammon E. Bundy, Ryan W. Payne, Peter T. Santilli, Jr, Eric J. Parker, O. Scott Drexler on 8/29/2017. By Deputy Clerk: Aaron Blazevich.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that the Tier 1 Defendants (Cliven Bundy, Ryan Bundy, Ammon Bundy, Ryan Payne, and Peter Santilli) and the remaining Tier 3 defendants (O. Scott Drexler and Eric Parker) shall appear for a Status Conference on 8/31/2017 at 8:30 AM in LV Courtroom 7C before Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro. The Court previously set this hearing for the Tier 3 defendants at 9:30 a.m. The 9:30 a.m. hearing is vacated in light of the 8:30 a.m. hearing.
Defendant Drexler's and Parker's physical presences at the status conference are waived. Mr. Parker and Mr. Drexler may appear telephonically by calling the Court's conference line."

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:34 pm

As per Mrs. Bridge Sniper, Drexler and Parker have been added to the trial of Ammon, cRyan, Cliven et al. (the big one).

Trial starts on Oct. 10

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:42 pm

Hmmpf. Someone* suggested that here a week or so ago. Too lazy to find the post though.

► Show Spoiler

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:20 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Hmmpf. Someone* suggested that here a week or so ago. Too lazy to find the post though.

► Show Spoiler
I actually remember this.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 am

For want of a better place, I'm stashing this here. Todd Engel wants a new attorney for his appeal/sentencing. He's been grifting for Pootbucks for a private attorney. Guess that isn't going so well. Engel doesn't play well with others. He complained endlessly about his first cja (who didn't seem to be exactly aggressive in his defense of Engel); now he wants to fire cja #2.
DPCgGYyUIAE64aD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:01 pm

"For completeness": WND: BUNDY CASE DEFENDANTS TURN TABLES ON FBI, DEMAND COMPENSATION:
Acquitted of charges, 2 file damages for actions by authorities

Two men acquitted of charges in the 2014 Bunkerville, Nevada, standoff involving rancher Cliven Bundy are suing the FBI and former Director James Comey for “malicious prosecution,” claiming the bureau presented false evidence in their case and destroyed exculpatory evidence.

Montana resident Ricky Lovelien and Idaho resident Steven Stewart were cleared of 10 charges they faced but spent a year-and-a-half in jail without bail, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported.

They were accused of driving from other states to Bunkerville to support Bundy, who was under fire from the government for allegedly trying to halt federal agents from rounding up his cattle.

Now lawsuits have been filed on their behalf by lawyer Larry Klayman under the Federal Tort Claims Act.

Stewart is asking for about $58,000 in damages.

Similar concerns are raised over the prosecution of Rick Lovelien, who is claiming damages of about $8,300 for, among other things, a frozen water line in his home that burst because he was in jail and there was no one to empty the lines or run a heater.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Putting this here, since Burleson was originally a part of this trial group:

Maxine:
Convicted NV defendant Greg Burleson seeks new lawyer to argue that his conviction should be thrown out too, based on recent dismissal of case against Cliven Bundy due to govt's withholding of evidence b/f trial
Burleson received the longest sentence of any of the defendants in any trial--68 years, and that was a downward departure from the guidelines and due to his health issues.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

Eric Parker is asking for a sentence of one year's probation. He certainly had a less-than-idyllic childhood, never knew his bio father, and was constantly kept on the move by his stepfather, traveling with a carnival. He then went to live with an aunt and uncle. Parker did not complete high school. He's an electrician by trade, although currently unemployed.

The sentencing memorandum makes it sound as though Bunkerville was an aberration. Huh. Parker also participated in the Sugar Pine Mine and White Hope Mine standoffs post-Bunkerville, if memory serves.

Parker's Sentencing Memo.pdf

The Memorandum also states that Andrea and Eric Parker are expecting their third child. Hmmm...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:51 am

NMgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am
Eric Parker is asking for a sentence of one year's probation. He certainly had a less-than-idyllic childhood, never knew his bio father, and was constantly kept on the move by his stepfather, traveling with a carnival. He then went to live with an aunt and uncle. Parker did not complete high school. He's an electrician by trade, although currently unemployed.

The sentencing memorandum makes it sound as though Bunkerville was an aberration. Huh. Parker also participated in the Sugar Pine Mine and White Hope Mine standoffs post-Bunkerville, if memory serves.

Parker's Sentencing Memo.pdf

The Memorandum also states that Andrea and Eric Parker are expecting their third child. Hmmm...
He and Jason Patrick, an unemployed carpenter, should start a business. Or get work. There seems to be work out there for skilled workers. How being an expectant parent relates to sentencing escapes me.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 am

After you take in his time served, I would think that one-year probation is likely more beneficial than a few more months in jail, which I assume is all he would have left.

Yeah, I think you are right about the Sugar Pine and White Hope standoffs.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”