Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

boots

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Post by boots » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

Having the big poot central on the courthouse steps with flags and slogans and shofars may actually be counterproductive. Only the already predisposed or the incredibly gullible are going to look at their display and say "gee, in order to be a good American, I need to side with the defendants in this trial!". Most others would be skeptical, bemused or even mildly put off by it. And that is assuming good behavior.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:51 pm

2136 Denial Motion in Limine.pdf
Gloria sez: Gimme some new material! We've been through this all before.
Here, regarding the issues previously raised in Defendant’s Trial 1 Omnibus MIL, the Court resolved these issues in a MIL Order prior to Trial 1. (ECF No. 1543). Defendants present no new argument that merits reconsideration of the Court’s previous order. Accordingly, the Court’s prior rulings (ECF No. 1543) remain the law of the case. To the extent that Defendants’ MIL seeks reconsideration of these rulings, the Court DENIES the MIL.
Next, regarding the only newly raised issue—Parker’s Facebook post from September 16, 2014—this evidence was admitted during Trial 1 over Defendants’ objection. (Trial 1 Day 18 Tr. 137:10–139:18, 142:7–147:21, ECF No. 1830). The statement in question was the following Facebook comment:
Eric Ej Parker That’s what I kept saying when people were calling be the Bundy sniper... my buddy Steven Stewart had to relay to me what what [sic] was going on through Binoculars not much good at that distance with open sights. .. now Steve he’s
got balls head up above that concrete telling me exactly what they were doing after the snipers had been green lighted..
Gloria sez: Threeper, Sugar Pine and White Hope are A-ok with me. Let's talk about it in front of the jury!
2137 Threeper Affiliation Admissible.pdf
Gloria sez: I don't give a damn what your states of mind were. Don't even try to bring that up. And jury nullification: never darken my courtroom door again.
2138-Jury Null not admissible.pdf
Edit: Extensively edited after I read the docs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:37 pm

:boxing: Go Navarro.

Not sure why, but I didn't think the Gov MIL was going to be granted. Atleast part just not all.
Yay to being wrong!

"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm

Jenny Wilson‏ @jennydwilson 2m2 minutes ago

Defense attorneys wearing matching "we the people" ties for first day of jury selection in Bundy retrial
Basically, all the defense attorneys have left for a defense...

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Mrs. Bridge Sniper was just live. The audio was choppy so I didn't catch all of it. I think I heard that Stewart Rhodes (sp?) was on the witness list. We the people shirts will be allowed in the courtroom. Oh and I think it's Wednesday they've set for a Jericho march. What are the temps for this week?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:36 pm

NMgirl wrote:

Defense attorneys wearing matching "we the people" ties for first day of jury selection in Bundy retrial
IANAL but that seems unprofessional to me and as a prospective juror I'd be mighty unhappy.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:40 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
NMgirl wrote:

IANAL but that seems unprofessional to me and as a prospective juror I'd be mighty unhappy.
Worse, it ties all the defendants together. If one of the defendants has a meritorious defense and the others don't, he'll go down with them.

Poot defense lawyers. Just like poots.

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Worse, it ties all the defendants together. If one of the defendants has a meritorious defense and the others don't, he'll go down with them.
:yeah:

One of the poots objected to the Threeper evidence, saying, "This is the only pooting that I did done!" The court rejected that, saying the key charge is conspiracy, and an act by one in the conspiracy may be used against all in the conspiracy.

Arguing your client didn't enter into the conspiracy will be a tougher sell when the attorneys obviously entered into a sartorial conspiracy.

But at least it is clear how the poots have received Ben Franklin's advice on how to hang, i.e., together.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
NMgirl wrote:
Worse, it ties all the defendants together. If one of the defendants has a meritorious defense and the others don't, he'll go down with them.

Poot defense lawyers. Just like poots.
Are some of them public defenders?

I wonder if this was a lawyer idea or a "patriot" idea.

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:12 pm

I want to know why the lawyers thought this was a good idea? Is today jury selection?

Man. Not cool.

"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:14 pm

bob wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:Worse, it ties all the defendants together. If one of the defendants has a meritorious defense and the others don't, he'll go down with them.

One of the poots objected to the Threeper evidence, saying, "This is the only pooting that I did done!" The court rejected that, saying the key charge is conspiracy, and an act by one in the conspiracy may be used against all in the conspiracy.

Arguing your client didn't enter into the conspiracy will be a tougher sell when the attorneys obviously entered into a sartorial conspiracy.

But at least it is clear how the poots have received Ben Franklin's advice on how to hang, i.e., together.

Also, too, it's a really bad strategy for an attorney to let the jury believe they buy into their client's bullshit.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Mary Quite Contrary wrote:I want to know why the lawyers thought this was a good idea? Is today jury selection?

Man. Not cool.
The word on Twitter is that the Poot supporters will be allowed to wear "We the People" tee-shirts in the courtroom. No citation at the moment, because I'm on my phone.

All the attorneys are from the cja panel.

Jury selection is supposed to be today and tomorrow, with the trial starting Wednesday.

There are a couple of motions still not addressed by Navarro.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:42 pm

From Olive, here's the latest find on Appropriate Poot Apparel in the courtroom:
poplove
I watched mrs bridge sniper's choppy update. Looks like the court is cracking down on attire. No poot shirts or pocket constitutions are allowed this time. Steward Rhodes will testify, didn't catch if it was for the government. Some potential jurors know about the case from the news and have formed opinions, some others just don't want to do it. No court this Thursday or Friday, otherwise it's 9 to 5 daily. Protesting poots were told they could sit in the area beside the stairs, just not in front of the stairs. They weren't told if they could set up banners and flags but are going to do it anyway. Not sure who the man sitting next to her is. He didn't have much to say.
I haven't seen the vid, and I'm not sure I would acquire any knowledge from it. All seem to agree that it's the usual poor-quality Poot production.

An appearance by Stewart Rhodes would be interesting. He was at the Bundy Ranch standoff. He'll be a more than competent witness on the stand. He's a disbarred attorney, Yale, no less!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:53 pm

NMgirl wrote:From Olive, here's the latest find on Appropriate Poot Apparel in the courtroom:
poplove
I watched mrs bridge sniper's choppy update. Looks like the court is cracking down on attire. No poot shirts or pocket constitutions are allowed this time. Steward Rhodes will testify, didn't catch if it was for the government. Some potential jurors know about the case from the news and have formed opinions, some others just don't want to do it. No court this Thursday or Friday, otherwise it's 9 to 5 daily. Protesting poots were told they could sit in the area beside the stairs, just not in front of the stairs. They weren't told if they could set up banners and flags but are going to do it anyway. Not sure who the man sitting next to her is. He didn't have much to say.
I haven't seen the vid, and I'm not sure I would acquire any knowledge from it. All seem to agree that it's the usual poor-quality Poot production.

An appearance by Stewart Rhodes would be interesting. He was at the Bundy Ranch standoff. He'll be a more than competent witness on the stand. He's a disbarred attorney, Yale, no less!
I thought Stewie had some recent legal trouble of his own. I'll have to look later.

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:38 pm

NMgirl wrote:Olson-Parker's update from this morning:

Lots of outrage about new protest rules: no protesters allowed except on the sidewalk, i.e., not on the courthouse steps; no flags or banners can be hung on public utility poles or whatever; can the Poots "even use the bathroom?"

In the courtroom:

No 1st or 2nd Amendment talk from defendants

Threeper affiliation allowed to be brought up by prosecutors

No ruling yet on Brady/Giglio-based motion to dismiss
► Show Spoiler
Parker said nothing about admissibility of Sugar Pine, White Hope

An "observer" took up space in the front row which should be, according to Parker, reserved for family. Why not just get to court earlier, Andrea, if you want a good view of what is going on? Anyhoo, outrage expressed by Parker because the front row is for family. Huh.
well, I guess she thinks it's a funeral.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Mrs. Bridge Sniper has a new video out, more court updates. Wampler is her co-commenter. Ugh.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:52 pm

Link to the Parker/Wampler afternoon update video:

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]

Jeff Sessions is in town. I wonder if the Poots will try to see him...
Edit: Edited to add today's LVRJ article:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... selection/

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:11 pm

Has anyone heard anything from today? I wonder if the judge put a stop to the wearing of "we the people" t-shirts and ties after yesterday's blatant display that was clearly a play to potential jurors.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:33 pm

RVInit wrote:Has anyone heard anything from today? I wonder if the judge put a stop to the wearing of "we the people" t-shirts and ties after yesterday's blatant display that was clearly a play to potential jurors.
Trying to catch up now, but all the Don Jr. news is distracting me.

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Andrea just did a very short update. They're still doing jury selection. Court won't start until 1 pm tomorrow but they're still going to gather at 8 am and do the Jericho March when Jeff Sessions is there.

GIL was there with someone named Bob Barr (I think) and sat in on the morning session. Andrea missed this afternoon because she took K layman out to Pahrump to see Cliven but they "had difficulty getting in".

Link to her video is here:

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:53 pm

ElaineSoCal wrote:GIL was there with someone named Bob Barr (I think) and sat in on the morning session.
Barr is the former member of Congress who, after failing to remove the Big Dog from the White House, left the Republican party for a spell, and was the Libertarians' 2008 nominee for the presidency.* Barr's also a Bundy supporter; he and Klayman lurve to talk about the Bundy case on various public fora.

So, yeah, probably him.

Klayman keeps threatening to throw some more paper at SCOTUS (to get into Cliven's trial), but so far he hasn't. :waiting:

* In 2008, Wayne Root was the Libertarians' nominee for the vice presidency, if that tells you anything.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Thanks, Bob!!

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Poot rumor mill alert: Jeff Sessions is attending the Bundy trial tomorrow!

Are they done with jury selection already or does jury selection continue tomorrow?
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 7.36.15 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm

JFC x10. You head of the DOJ, you stupid effwad. Not taking a side? I'm sure your prosecutors appreciate your utter lack of support.
Jenny Wilson @jennydwilson
Sessions commends prosecutor's leadership on Bundy case but says "I'm not taking sides or commenting on the case"

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”