Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Maybenaut

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks, Bob, for that interesting info on mugshots and FOIA requests. :thumbs:

Last night I looked at all the Google images of these four defendants. I couldn't discern any tattoos, but...beards. I do wonder why the Government wants to introduce mugshots, though, since there are so many other damning pictures avaialable to them. Why is that :?: One or more of the defendants must sport some kind of interesting facial tattoo, now revealed by lack of facial hair, is all I can come up with. And I really, really would like to see those tattoos!

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:34 pm

NMgirl wrote:Thanks, Bob, for that interesting info on mugshots and FOIA requests. :thumbs:

Last night I looked at all the Google images of these four defendants. I couldn't discern any tattoos, but...beards. I do wonder why the Government wants to introduce mugshots, though, since there are so many other damning pictures avaialable to them. Why is that :?: One or more of the defendants must sport some kind of interesting facial tattoo, now revealed by lack of facial hair, is all I can come up with. And I really, really would like to see those tattoos!
I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.

"I may have pooted, but I didn't mean to poot. Pooting felt so good and I was so proud of my first unintentional poot that I got a tattoo to help commemorate it and just had to poot 2 more times."

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:40 pm

Dan1100 wrote:I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.
Gang symbols, then. You know, if they were urban.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Dan1100 wrote:I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.."
I heard somewhere that Ammon has a huge tat of RuPaul across his shoulders, with the caption "Sagebrush Queen!" beneath in gothic script.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:37 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Dan1100 wrote:I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.
Gang symbols, then. You know, if they were urban.
Evidence of "gang" affiliation is often excluded as unduly prejudicial. But it can sometimes be admitted to prove bias, motive, or other interest. And tattoos that (essentially) say, "I was at the Bundy Ranch and all I got was this stupid t-shirt" are expressive conduct; they are essentially voluntary admissions, from which reasonable inferences may be drawn.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

boots

Post by boots » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
NMgirl wrote:Thanks, Bob, for that interesting info on mugshots and FOIA requests. :thumbs:

I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.

"I may have pooted, but I didn't mean to poot. Pooting felt so good and I was so proud of my first unintentional poot that I got a tattoo to help commemorate it and just had to poot 2 more times."
:rotflmao: You win the internet Dan

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:
Dan1100 wrote:

:rotflmao: You win the internet Dan
Once you realize "Poot" is a noun, an adjective, an adverb and a verb, it just kind of flows.

http://conjugator.reverso.net/force-con ... -poot.html

"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Dan1100 wrote:
Once you realize "Poot" is a noun, an adjective, an adverb and a verb, it just kind of flows.

http://conjugator.reverso.net/force-con ... -poot.html
Dan can expect a nomination for the Nobel Prize in Literature any day now. Outstanding achievement in the world of contemporary literature, Dan! :cheer1:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:54 pm

A Pootlitzer Prize, certainly.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:20 pm

When one of these pootriots dies is he kapoot?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Poot-être.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:50 pm

RoadScholar wrote:Poot-être.
:rotflmao:

A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment: On July 28, 1919, Arkansas became the 12th state to adopt the 19th Amendment.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 am

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Dan1100 wrote:I vaguely remember from reading the Government's motion that the reason that the tattoos are relevant is that it says "III%" and I think one said "III% Bundy Ranch" or similar.."
I heard somewhere that Ammon has a huge tat of RuPaul across his shoulders, with the caption "Sagebrush Queen!" beneath in gothic script.
:shock:

• :mrgreen:

• :lol:

When reality is outlawed only outlaws will have reality.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Rude, posilutely rude!!!!! :-D :-D

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm

For a change, this article from the LVRJ offers us some new information and is competently written:

Jury selection crucial in Bunkerville standoff retrial
“Every case is about jury selection, but this one is specifically about jury selection,” said attorney Jess Marchese, who represents defendant Eric Parker. “Either you’re going to be OK with Eric Parker on a bridge with his gun or you’re not. And one thing I will do is embrace that more.”
https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... f-retrial/

Sounds as though our old buddy and pal, Blaine Cooper, will be testifying against his fellow Poots. How many times will Stanley commit perjury this time around? He was an unattractive witness in the second Oregon trial. I happened to be botg that day and didn't feel he added anything, and perhaps detracted from, the Government's case. Gawd. I would love to be botg in Nevada, but never on a day that Stanley takes the stand. :sick:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks for the link. Any idea which poot page is best for catching livestreams tomorrow? Have the day off, might as well entertain myself :D

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Kendra wrote:Thanks for the link. Any idea which poot page is best for catching livestreams tomorrow? Have the day off, might as well entertain myself :D
Believe it or not, Lambo and Andrea Olson-Parker do the best court updates, especially if Parker can achieve the all-but-impossible silencing of the lamb. He really is, in fact, dumb as a wet sock and makes mistakes on the interpretation of what went on in court. Parker takes reams of notes and, if she's on form, will stick to them and not go off on rants too often. One hopes that BrandNu is not in the vicinity of the camera since he blows hard, both verbally and on that appalling shofar. Some days chickens, some days feathers. Since I'm not on FB, I wait until the court summaries are posted to Youtube. They are long--at least 25 minutes most days--and it takes me forever to transcribe the highlights. (Hint, hint. I have a busy day tomorrow and am traveling all day Tuesday and all day Thursday.) One must listen closely, because Poots do not interpret the courtroom scene as normal people do and you have to be able to separate the wheat (the reality) from the chaff (Poots' version).

If there are reporters at the trial, follow @jennydwilson (LVRJ) or @Vanessa_Murphy on teh Twitter. Vanessa is a super-tweeter, almost as good as our Oregon news tweeters, Max, Conrad and Leah. Oh, how I miss them. :crying:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Kendra wrote:Thanks for the link. Any idea which poot page is best for catching livestreams tomorrow? Have the day off, might as well entertain myself :D
Believe it or not, Lambo and Andrea Olson-Parker do the best court updates, especially if Parker can achieve the all-but-impossible silencing of the lamb. He really is, in fact, dumb as a wet sock and makes mistakes on the interpretation of what went on in court. Parker takes reams of notes and, if she's on form, will stick to them and not go off on rants too often. One hopes that BrandNu is not in the vicinity of the camera since he blows hard, both verbally and on that appalling shofar. Some days chickens, some days feathers. Since I'm not on FB, I wait until the court summaries are posted to Youtube. They are long--at least 25 minutes most days--and it takes me forever to transcribe the highlights. (Hint, hint. I have a busy day tomorrow and am traveling all day Tuesday and all day Thursday.) One must listen closely, because none of the Poots interpret the courtroom scene as normal people do and you have to be able to separate the wheat (the reality) from the chaff (Poots' version).

If there are reporters at the trial, follow @jennydwilson (LVRJ) or @Vanessa_Murphy on teh Twitter. Vanessa is a super-tweeter, almost as good as our Oregon news tweeters, Max, Conrad and Leah. Oh, how I miss them. :crying:
Yeah. They do a pretty good job of reporting what happened. You just have to ignore their interpretatin'.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:42 pm

The good news is that Lamb won't be there tomorrow according to Moe. As NMgirl said, check Andrea's page for updates.
I'm sure Anthony Thomas DePugh (the one that looks like Bobby Hill) will be there to "help" her.

One more reporter to follow is @taywiles from High Country News. Good stuff.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:38 pm

News report from news3lv.com with a misleading headline:

http://news3lv.com/news/local/feds-to-present-new-evidence-in-retail-of-four-bundy-defendants-that-begins-monday

So far as I know (as of Sunday night), the court has made no decision on whether Sugar Pine and White Hope will be admissible as evidence.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm

I think we should wait until we have some independent, i.e., reputable, news source for this. I do not consider Olson-Parker to be either independent nor reputable. She has a vid up on FB. I'm not on FB, so haven't seen it.
Goblin Seimen‏ @goblin_seimen
#Oregonstandoff #bundyranch #bundytrial OFF to a GREAT START!! ALL prosecutor's MOTIONS granted. NO poots on steps. No flags attached. YAY!!
Goblin's info comes from Olson-Parker.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:03 pm

I have the day off, errands accomplished. Off to FB to see what's not happening apparently.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Olson-Parker's update from this morning:

Lots of outrage about new protest rules: no protesters allowed except on the sidewalk, i.e., not on the courthouse steps; no flags or banners can be hung on public utility poles or whatever; can the Poots "even use the bathroom?"

In the courtroom:

No 1st or 2nd Amendment talk from defendants

Threeper affiliation allowed to be brought up by prosecutors

No ruling yet on Brady/Giglio-based motion to dismiss
► Show Spoiler
Parker said nothing about admissibility of Sugar Pine, White Hope

An "observer" took up space in the front row which should be, according to Parker, reserved for family. Why not just get to court earlier, Andrea, if you want a good view of what is going on? Anyhoo, outrage expressed by Parker because the front row is for family. Huh.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:35 pm

A source!

07/09/2017-- 2136-- ORDER, as to Eric J. Parker (11), O. Scott Drexler (12), Steven A. Stewart (14), that 2041 Omnibus Motion in Limine is DENIED. Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 7/9/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 07/10/2017)

07/09/2017-- 2137-- ORDER, as to Eric J. Parker (11), O. Scott Drexler (12), Steven A. Stewart (14), that 2059 Motion in Limine regarding 404(b) Evidence is DENIED. Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 7/9/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 07/10/2017)

07/09/2017-- 2138-- ORDER, as to Eric J. Parker (11), O. Scott Drexler (12), Richard R. Lovelien (13), Steven A. Stewart (14), that 2064 the Government's Motion in Limine is GRANTED. Signed by Chief Judge Gloria M. Navarro on 7/9/17. (Copies have been distributed pursuant to the NEF - MMM) (Entered: 07/10/2017)

I'm going to PACER to collect those docs.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”