Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

pipistrelle

Re: Bundy Ranch Trial #1--The Retrial of Parker, Drexler, Lovelien, Stewart.

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:19 am

"Possible Tyranny"? If it's tyranny, don't you know it?

At least this woman has skin in the game, unlike Kel, SRB, Moe, and others.

I'm starting to burn out on the Bundy cult stupidity. I made the mistake of reading some of the comments (like they're violating the Native American. Native American what? Huh?)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 am

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bund ... undy-case/
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions made a brief reference to the ongoing Bunkerville standoff trial Wednesday when he offered praise to the lead prosecutor, but he declined to take a side in the case that his Justice Department is prosecuting.

“I’ve got to tell you, it’s impressive when you have a tough case, a controversial case, and you’ve got the top guy leading the battle, going to court, standing up and defending the office and the principles of the law,” Sessions said of Nevada Acting U.S. Attorney Steven Myhre.

“I’m not taking sides or commenting on the case,” Sessions said. “Just want to say that leadership requires, a lot of times, our people to step up and be accountable.”

Sessions’ comments — and his explicit unwillingness to take a side — were significant because supporters of rancher Cliven Bundy previously have signaled that they see a potential ally in the Trump administration.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:38 am

Mrs. Bridge Sniper has new updates about the trial. Whinging about how unfair the judge has been towards the poot's strikes, etc. Says they'd be better off in the Soviet Union.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:54 am

Moo is now in Vegas so we should get more updates for those who can stand it. She went live early this morning, apparently she needed to rest and they pulled into a parking lot and left the engine running (AC, ya know) and caught the attention of a police officer. Some minor outrage over being asked to show their ID without probable cause.

I dunno, but there's been occasions when I've noticed a strange vehicle in my condo's private parking lot with someone crashed in the driver's seat, I call the police. You never do know that they might come across criminal wrong doing, I know one time the vehicle was stolen.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:46 am

“I’m not taking sides or commenting on the case,” Sessions said. “Just want to say that leadership requires, a lot of times, our people to step up and be accountable."
Oh, the irony.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:27 am

Kendra wrote:Moo is now in Vegas so we should get more updates for those who can stand it. She went live early this morning, apparently she needed to rest and they pulled into a parking lot and left the engine running (AC, ya know) and caught the attention of a police officer. Some minor outrage over being asked to show their ID without probable cause.

I dunno, but there's been occasions when I've noticed a strange vehicle in my condo's private parking lot with someone crashed in the driver's seat, I call the police. You never do know that they might come across criminal wrong doing, I know one time the vehicle was stolen.
She's so full of shit. The standard for requiring a person to show ID is reasonable suspicion, not probable cause. If I knew more facts I could probably articulate some reasonable suspicion. Just because the cop let it slide doesn't mean she was right.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Kendra wrote:Moo is now in Vegas so we should get more updates for those who can stand it. She went live early this morning, apparently she needed to rest and they pulled into a parking lot and left the engine running (AC, ya know) and caught the attention of a police officer. Some minor outrage over being asked to show their ID without probable cause.

She's so full of shit. The standard for requiring a person to show ID is reasonable suspicion, not probable cause. If I knew more facts I could probably articulate some reasonable suspicion. Just because the cop let it slide doesn't mean she was right.
So parking with the engine running is probably one of those "see something, say something" scenarios. Not to mention it could be a person in distress.

Moo lives to be outraged.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:50 am

Any officer will tell you that sleeping in a car with a running engine is reasonable suspicion of DUI.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 pm

bob wrote:Any officer will tell you that sleeping in a car with a running engine is reasonable suspicion of DUI.
IKR?

I saw one of her videos from Portland where she's crying a river over the parking lot they were used to parking at - belonging to a print shop I think - and she was a bit miffed that the owner wasn't letting them park there during non business hours. She didn't seem to grasp that just the difference between a public parking lot (like where you pay) vs. a private parking lot for business customers. If I was the business owner and found my lot covered in oil from leaking vehicles and perhaps cigarette butts (poots being smokers), I wouldn't be a happy camper.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:25 pm

bob wrote:Any officer will tell you that sleeping in a car with a running engine is reasonable suspicion of DUI.
Absolutely. I've also seen it with elderly who have early dementia.

boots

Post by boots » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:27 pm

:yeah:
Maybenaut wrote:

This is a common sovcit error trope, to believe everything requires probable cause or even a warrant. Well, they're wrong. Too bad they got their leegul edumacashun from you tubes!

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 pm

:yeah:
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

boots

Post by boots » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:50 pm

If not DUI it was at least DWP (driving while pooting)

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 pm

isn't it a great way to get carbon monoxide poisoning as well?

Too bad he didn't let them continue

and gas being 2$ or more a gallon with her being "retired" and all how can she afford it?

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Newer cars run so clean that it is much more difficult to kill your self with the carbon monoxide. Definitely not an issue unless in a small enclosed area

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:25 pm

jonbeck wrote:
Newer cars run so clean that it is much more difficult to kill your self with the carbon monoxide. Definitely not an issue unless in a small enclosed area
Or if you have an exhaust leak or if you are doing it in the winter and the exhaust pipe clogs up with snow.

I have done some winter van camping and run the heater on occasion. I got one of those CO alarms just in case.
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

sad-cafe wrote:isn't it a great way to get carbon monoxide poisoning as well?

Too bad he didn't let them continue

and gas being 2$ or more a gallon with her being "retired" and all how can she afford it?
$2/gallon? More like $3/gallon here in the PNW.

Gas is running about $2.30/gallon in LV/Pahrump.

ElaineSoCal

Post by ElaineSoCal » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:46 pm

Here is the latest spin from Poots and yesterday's court happenings.

From the Redoubt News:

Did the Judge Select the Jury in Bunkerville Retrial?

SHE RE-SEATED THE JURORS DESPITE THE PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES FROM THE DEFENSE.

https://redoubtnews.com/2017/07/judge-s ... e-retrial/

jmj

Post by jmj » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:53 pm

ElaineSoCal wrote:Here is the latest spin from Poots and yesterday's court happenings.

From the Redoubt News:

Did the Judge Select the Jury in Bunkerville Retrial?

SHE RE-SEATED THE JURORS DESPITE THE PEREMPTORY CHALLENGES FROM THE DEFENSE.

https://redoubtnews.com/2017/07/judge-s ... e-retrial/
Haha. A comment on that story:
Boyd White July 13, 2017 at 10:50 AM

“This has actually happened in the United States of America, in the Year of Our Lord 2017. God help us!”

Sounds like an apoplectic diary entry…God help us it does not turn out to be so…especially since if actions are louder than words then Navarro’s actions are fairly loud against straight forward justice.
I agree! (But I think you mean apocalyptic)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Maybe apootcalyptic? :confused:
I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:03 pm

Wouldn't it have made more sense to just head to an air conditioned mall? Oh that's right...we're talking poots here. :brickwallsmall:
"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley

foilwatcher

Post by foilwatcher » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Maybenaut wrote:

Now if Gavin Slime was accompanying her we could have had some real drama!
"Well la de freakin' da!" ~~ Matt Foley

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 pm

foilwatcher wrote:
Maybenaut wrote:

Now if Gavin Slime was accompanying her we could have had some real drama!
Does Gavin ever bait armed LEO? I've seen him mostly hassling unarmed young rangers and the like. We have a ranger at my park who's a big, tough-looking character. Wonder if he'd hassle him.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 am

Slime is a loudmouth, but he is also a loudmouthed coward, so that would be a no. He NEVER picks on anyone who might actually respond.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Unless I can find wifi, Friday Night Document Dump is going to be ... not today. Just can't manage it on my phone. We'll hope for tomorrow. :pray:

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”