Bundy Trials - Oregon Pt II, Pt III & Pt IV

Kendra

Re: Bundy Trials - Oregon Pt II, Pt III & Pt IV

Post by Kendra »

Luana Elliott has been detained and surrounded by a Marshall and two Homeland Security officers. We will not leave her but they have already threatened to arrest myself if I speak again (for telling her she had the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney) and threatened to arrest Jakes younger brother for standing within 10 feet of them.
This one officer is beyond on a power trip and truly wants to arrest someone. He is is the type of officer who is going to get someone killed during his employment.
We are in the court house with Luana now.
Some drama at the courthouse? Isn't this the horse slapper?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:15 pm
Luana Elliott has been detained and surrounded by a Marshall and two Homeland Security officers. We will not leave her but they have already threatened to arrest myself if I speak again (for telling her she had the right to remain silent and the right to an attorney) and threatened to arrest Jakes younger brother for standing within 10 feet of them.
This one officer is beyond on a power trip and truly wants to arrest someone. He is is the type of officer who is going to get someone killed during his employment.
We are in the court house with Luana now.
Some drama at the courthouse? Isn't this the horse slapper?
Yes - she is the horse beating poot lady. KK says they suspect her of sneaking a recording device into court. Lots of drama.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I thought it was her. Hope Max stayed around for the drama.
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Did they strip search her, beat her with batons, and mistreat her pretty much the same way they mistreated Ammo when he was in jail?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

A slight edit. Does Klueless mean detained?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm unclear why Judge Brown seems to have never heard/read sovcit stuff before since Ryan B's gal pal was cranking this stuff out like cotton candy and filing it in her courtroom.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Luana the horse beater released but has some trouble according to KK.
We are out now. They pressured Luana and threatened to arrest her if she lied .. Hey have her a court date and a federal citation for filming in a federal court house
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Horse beating lady admits she was recording in court. I posted this on OLive - she is responding to a question from Melissa "Langley" in the 2nd response. Melissa asked her if she told them she didn't know it was against the rules.
Horse beating lady admits she was recording in court (with a pen????). Must be one of those Inspector Gadget thingys.

Luana Elliott I was recording in the court room.

Luana Elliott Yes, that did not work....also told them i did not know it was a recording device

Luana Elliott It is an operating pen.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I was recording but I didn't know the pen could record.

Genius at work.

Well, at least it was 5 minutes she wasn't tormenting a poor horse.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Now the horse beating lady pootsplains to Shellie the reason she illegally recorded in court.
Luana Elliott Shellie, so i can look at it later and make sure i have it straight....with my A.D.D., i cant transcribe that fast.
realist

Post by realist »

NMgirl wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:13 pm Aaaand, Jake Ryan goes full sovcit, fashioning himself after his hero, cRyan Bundy.

From Max, bottom to top.

Once Judge denied Jake Ryan of right to represent himself, he had to be prodded by Judge to speak during sentencing. Ryan told judge: ‘You are removing me from standing on my own 2 feet.’

Jake’s dad Daniel Ryan said his son wanted to represent himself because he felt the only way to ‘beat the system’ is to ‘get out of it .’ And he ‘saw the success Ryan Bundy had in defending himself’ .......

Judge Brown:’It’s a sad situation Mr. Ryan has put himself in and to his own detriment.’

Jake Ryan said he believed US Attorney Billy Williams ‘brought false charges on behalf of a false friend, the United States.’

Jake Ryan said he demanded the judge dismiss his charges w/prejudice , claimed he was ‘unjustly kidnapped & incarcerated.’

Jake Ryan was using same words that Ryan Bundy has used in court and continues to use such as this:’I do not wish to have an attorney assume my identity .’

Judge on Jake Ryan:’It’s troubling ..he would demean the laws of the United States and the processes he participated in...and put forth the salacious and ridiculous assertions he’s making.’

Defense lawyer Jesse Merrithew made arguments on behalf of Jake Ryan, and Jake Ryan also spoke on his behalf at sentencing - but his remarks ‘undermined’ his lawyer’s mitigating arguments , Judge found
Jake Ryan turned to speak to Burns Paiute tribal member, about his digging at refuge :’If I did have knowledge that was an actual burial site I wouldn’t have done it.’

Judge Brown refused to let Jake Ryan represent himself after he recited 3x ‘I’m su juris..’ not a ‘fictitious entity created by the govt.’ etc...Judge called his remarks ‘legal jibberish’ and ‘legal nonsense.’

Judge sentenced Jake Ryan to 1 year and 1 day in prison and had him taken into custody right away after he repeatedly said he didn’t recognize court’s jurisdiction

Awaiting Jake Ryan sentencing. His family , supporters are here - Judge Brown first likely to determine if Ryan can represent himself as requested at hearing
Maxine's Article on Sentencing: https://articles.oregonlive.com/oregon- ... ssion=true
ImageX 4 ImageX36
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

I guess one good thing came from the Bundy trials - we got Klatt's drawings.
NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Max:
Oregon refuge occupier Jason Patrick, facing sentencing next month, now attempting to seek discovery from Cliven Bundy's NV case, arguing threat assessments of Bundy in 2012 relevant to refuge takeover case:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... liven.html

Thanks for the doc link, Maxine. :bighug:

Too, also: :rotflmao:
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Maxine also posted Jake's sovcit argle bargle stuff he filed yesterday
http://media.oregonlive.com/oregon-stan ... ilings.pdf
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

scirreeve wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:43 pm Maxine also posted Jake's sovcit argle bargle stuff he filed yesterday
http://media.oregonlive.com/oregon-stan ... ilings.pdf
Krazi Kel is now buying into Jake’s SovCit gibberish in her latest video. Which should surprise no one.

:crazy:
Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

This is John Lamb's court room report from yesterday, about Jake's 'deperation' charge (he means depredation). The Paiutes found it 'devasatating' that the trench was dug on their burial ground. No mention of Jake's SovCit garbage though.

Note: If you check the comments on this video on Lambo's page, there are some really awful comments from poots about Native Americans. The Paiutes claim to have lived in that area for 15,000 years, but of course, David Zion Nutter chimes in to say that the world is only 6000 years old, so that's impossible.
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 9.00.31 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Jerry Mander wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:23 am
Having taken a break from Lambo's Pootvids for well over a month, I was able to watch this and it was well worth it. In under 9 minutes (surely a Lambo record for brevity), he tells us about the weather in Portland (raining--so shocking!), misuses/mispronounces so many words (if they are words), is unable to remember the names of Oregon defendants (though these "forgotten" defendants are just so important to him), and as per usual, gets nearly everything wrong. Status quo ante.

Thanks for posting, Jerry Mander.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

realist wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:38 am :snippity:
Maxine's Article on Sentencing: https://articles.oregonlive.com/oregon- ... ssion=true
I found Maxine's article a slightly sad read. Going on Judge Brown's comments and the fact of Ryan's law-abiding prior life, it seems that Ryan is a decent person who was sucked into the cultish world of sovcittery, and he resists attempts to drag or entice him out into The Real World. Put another way, Ryan's deeds were caused by sovcit gurus casting their evil spells on him.

Of course, the law must be blind to these issues: "my sovcit beliefs made me do it" should be no more of a justification or mitigation than "my religious ..." or "my political beliefs made me do it."

But I feel sad that people who could have led quietly productive lives get sucked into damaging cults; sovcit, religious or political, they can all ruin lives.

The prison sentence for Ryan (a year and an extra day for potential early release) feels about right to me.
NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 am :snippity:
I found Maxine's article a slightly sad read. Going on Judge Brown's comments and the fact of Ryan's law-abiding prior life, it seems that Ryan is a decent person who was sucked into the cultish world of sovcittery, and he resists attempts to drag or entice him out into The Real World. Put another way, Ryan's deeds were caused by sovcit gurus casting their evil spells on him.
:snippity:
Really? Jake Ryan brought four guns to the Oregon standoff, acquired three more guns while there, became a fugitive when arrest was imminent, and was found holed up with a loaded .45 and several knives. Not my idea of a "decent person." He wasn't a child when he went to Oregon. He was 27 years old. I don't think prison will do him any good; but then, I don't think having Jake Ryan out in The Real World does any of the rest of us any good, either.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

:like:

Plus I don't think he was just dragged in. His parents have been helping him toward the fringe for years.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

NMgirl wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:03 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 am :snippity:
:snippity:
Really? Jake Ryan brought four guns to the Oregon standoff, acquired three more guns while there, became a fugitive when arrest was imminent, and was found holed up with a loaded .45 and several knives. Not my idea of a "decent person." He wasn't a child when he went to Oregon. He was 27 years old. I don't think prison will do him any good; but then, I don't think having Jake Ryan out in The Real World does any of the rest of us any good, either.
Yeah, I get that, and I abhor gunnuttery, but that behavior is/was after being indoctrinated into the cult.

Of course being a cult member don't excuse one's behavior, and I agree that Ryan clearly is nota decent person now. But what would he have been had he not been sucked into the Bundy cult? My point is that from that report, Ryan could have been a decent, normal (for the region!) person.

It's easy to think that adherents should be able to work out that the cult's core beliefs are crazy or foolish, but billions of people around the world believe all sorts of nonsense and engage in fantastical rituals and even revere those who have suffered for belief in one set of explanations over another. The sovcit nonsense is no more crazy than religious nonsense and clearly it is equally difficult for some members to break free from.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I remember reading details about Jake Ryan back in the day, when he was first arrested. He was raised in a family where he was taught all about the Skousen (spelling?) Constitution. So, he was already indoctrinated with the same interpretation as the Bundys regarding this document. His mother was interviewed for the article and she indicated that schooling on the Constitution was a very important part of the home schooling that she provided for Jake and his siblings. I don't have a link for the article, but I believe it was on OLive.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 pm I remember reading details about Jake Ryan back in the day, when he was first arrested. He was raised in a family where he was taught all about the Skousen (spelling?) Constitution. So, he was already indoctrinated with the same interpretation as the Bundys regarding this document. His mother was interviewed for the article and she indicated that schooling on the Constitution was a very important part of the home schooling that she provided for Jake and his siblings. I don't have a link for the article, but I believe it was on OLive.
I recall that as well.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”