Bundy related gossip and discussion

User avatar
RTH10260
Posts: 21094
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 am
Location: Near the Swiss Alps

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14851

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:01 pm

:cantlook: :brickwallsmall:

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14852

Post by scirreeve » Fri May 24, 2019 10:13 pm

Video of "commander" cRyan bragging about shutting down a freeway and other shit.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14853

Post by scirreeve » Fri May 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Ammo for sure sold his business and financed some of it himself. Here is the lien he has on the buyer.
https://apps.azsos.gov/apps/ucc/search/ ... %2F7stI%3D

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 13286
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14854

Post by Kendra » Fri May 31, 2019 3:05 pm

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/05/31/ ... dIyKaiZ0Tg
Federal prosecutors say convicted fraudster Rick Koerber has been involved in another scheme — and they want him put behind bars now

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14855

Post by scirreeve » Fri May 31, 2019 3:27 pm

Kendra wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:05 pm
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/05/31/ ... dIyKaiZ0Tg
Federal prosecutors say convicted fraudster Rick Koerber has been involved in another scheme — and they want him put behind bars now
Reporter in court is tweeting about it.

User avatar
Kendra
Posts: 13286
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:53 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14856

Post by Kendra » Fri May 31, 2019 3:28 pm

Good.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14857

Post by scirreeve » Fri May 31, 2019 3:47 pm


User avatar
mmmirele
Posts: 2452
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Xenu's Red Mountain Trap

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14858

Post by mmmirele » Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

Apparently Maureen Peltier came up during the Koerber hering today. Here's some Tweets from Ben Winslow of Fox 13 SLC.







Imagine my surprise to see SSG Mo come up in a Utah ponzi scheme.

Jerry Mander
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14859

Post by Jerry Mander » Fri May 31, 2019 5:37 pm

So yet another associate of the Bundys and their cult is a grifting sleazebag, and was caught grifting while awaiting sentencing for fraud.

Note to SSG MoeRon: All your heroes are crooks.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/05/31/ ... utors-say/

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14860

Post by Azastan » Fri May 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Was Philpot using Maureen as a courier to deliver other goods? Goods which he might not have wanted FedEx to handle?

User avatar
Whip
Posts: 3795
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14861

Post by Whip » Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 pm

explains the income tax rant. she must have gotten 1099d :lol:

User avatar
Maybenaut
Posts: 5476
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:58 am
Location: Maybelot

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14862

Post by Maybenaut » Fri May 31, 2019 9:31 pm

Azastan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:44 pm
Was Philpot using Maureen as a courier to deliver other goods? Goods which he might not have wanted FedEx to handle?
Nope. He is accused of helping Philpot deceive the Oregon Court of Appeals into believing that notice of appeal had been properly filed when they had, in fact, blown the deadline.

According to the local Fox News out there:
Koerber is accused of claiming the papers were served on March 2 through a commercial delivery service. Federal prosecutors alleged that service was a company Koerber created under an alias “Derrick Roebuck” that wasn’t re-registered in Utah until March 6.

“Koerber involved himself in this scheme to deceive an Oregon court by creating the
perception that the notice of appeal was transmitted to a commercial delivery service in an arm’s length transaction, when in reality the filing was deceptive and untimely,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.

The woman who actually served the papers was a supporter of Ammon Bundy, Philpot said on the witness stand on Friday. He testified he paid $209 to Koerber’s company and another $300 to her.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

User avatar
Azastan
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:42 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14863

Post by Azastan » Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:31 pm


The woman who actually served the papers was a supporter of Ammon Bundy, Philpot said on the witness stand on Friday. He testified he paid $209 to Koerber’s company and another $300 to her.

So does Maureen get to be in trouble for that? Wouldn't she have been required to give a correct date and time of service?

User avatar
ArthurWankspittle
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14864

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Azastan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 pm
Maybenaut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:31 pm
The woman who actually served the papers was a supporter of Ammon Bundy, Philpot said on the witness stand on Friday. He testified he paid $209 to Koerber’s company and another $300 to her.
So does Maureen get to be in trouble for that? Wouldn't she have been required to give a correct date and time of service?
Now I understand what is going on. Perjury anyone?
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14865

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:54 pm

I can't find this case in the OR court records (I only look at the free ones but they seem to be pretty complete). Case referenced is Fryberger v Edwards.
Case number is 18 CV 3874. Oh well. I was just curious about what fool would hire Philpoot (other than Mrs. Skinner). Probably a poot.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8071
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14866

Post by Northland10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:15 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:54 pm
I can't find this case in the OR court records (I only look at the free ones but they seem to be pretty complete). Case referenced is Fryberger v Edwards.
Case number is 18 CV 3874. Oh well. I was just curious about what fool would hire Philpoot (other than Mrs. Skinner). Probably a poot.
Capture.JPG
The original case is a contract case from Harney County.

18CV03874 | Sarah Fryberger vs Nolan L. Edwards, Charmaign W. Edwards, Chad N. Edwards

Here is the full docket. It does not tell much though the amount of mentions fo default do not speak well of the defendants and their attorney Philpot. It is in PDF as that was the easiest way to copy the whole thing.
fryberger v edwards harney county court.pdf
The Judgement info:
Judicial Officer
Cramer, W D, Jr

Judgment Type
Judgment - General Creates Lien

Monetary Award
Signed Date: 02/02/2019
Expiration Date: 02/02/2029
Total: $4064068.29
I do not know who Fryberger is, but the Edwards may be remembered from the Malheur standoff, and probably how they ended up with Philpot.
https://www.courthousenews.com/resident ... -takeover/
Residents Mixed on Bundy Militia’s Takeover
BURNS, Ore. (CN) – The citizens of Harney County expressed both support and the desire to kick out self-identified militia members led by the sons of rancher Cliven Bundy from the federal buildings they seized at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in remote southeastern Oregon.

Local ranchers Nolan and Charmaign Edwards showed up at the refuge headquarters on Wednesday afternoon. Charmaign was born and raised on the Colony ranch outside of nearby Fields, Oregon. Her parents bought it in 1956 and the couple took over operations in 1978.

The couple said they agreed with some of what Bundy has been saying, and wanted to find out more.

:snippity:
The Edwards said they support Bundy’s demand that the wildlife refuge be transferred to local ownership.

“I don’t see why the feds are managing anything,” Charmaign Edwards said. “They don’t own no property. It’s the people’s.”
They don't want the feds, but they don't seem to have issue in taking fed money:

https://farm.ewg.org/persondetail.php?c ... =A08772392
USDA subsidy information for Nolan Edwards
Nolan Edwards received payments totaling $730,374 from 1995 through 2017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14867

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm

I bow to you NL. I searched "Fryberger" on the OR court site and this did not pop up. All I got was a bunch of traffic and parking citations for some other Fryberger. I do remember the Edwards (vaguely) so am not surprised that they hired Philpoot to lose for them.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8071
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14868

Post by Northland10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm
I bow to you NL. I searched "Fryberger" on the OR court site and this did not pop up. All I got was a bunch of traffic and parking citations for some other Fryberger. I do remember the Edwards (vaguely) so am not surprised that they hired Philpoot to lose for them.
I searched that basic search site using, Philpot, J. In checking scheduled appeals hearings, it looks like that basic free site includes some of the appeals info, but does not reprot appeals spearately.

I did notice there is still no appeals number listed on this case (though, it does exist for others in the original dockets).

It appears her attorneys specialize mainly in real estate and construction. I suspect this case may have something to do with land.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Grumpy Old Guy
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:24 am
Occupation: Retired, unemployed, never a lawyer

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14869

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Losing a case for $4 million is a major fail. There is an Oncologist in Portland named Sarah Fryberger.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14870

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:52 pm
scirreeve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:24 pm
I bow to you NL. I searched "Fryberger" on the OR court site and this did not pop up. All I got was a bunch of traffic and parking citations for some other Fryberger. I do remember the Edwards (vaguely) so am not surprised that they hired Philpoot to lose for them.
I searched that basic search site using, Philpot, J. In checking scheduled appeals hearings, it looks like that basic free site includes some of the appeals info, but does not reprot appeals spearately.

I did notice there is still no appeals number listed on this case (though, it does exist for others in the original dockets).

It appears her attorneys specialize mainly in real estate and construction. I suspect this case may have something to do with land.
I don't think OR COA is searchable without paying $. I have a relative (wife relative actually) who is estranged for good reason that is in the OR appeal system so have looked at it a bit. Can see the court dates once they are scheduled but not the filings etc. Of course you can see from the district court records whether it was appealed or not.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8071
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14871

Post by Northland10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm

When I was looking at the rules for filing and service in the COA, I noticed they could do either by USPS, commercial delivery service, or hand delivered (I am assuming he is not full member of the Oregon Bar so cannot use eFiling). Since it can be hand delivered I wondered why they claim it was a commercial delivery, unless they were late. Hand delivered must be delivered on time, but if a commercial delivery is late, they can use proof of when it was sent.

And why not FedEx? Well, I am pretty sure they would not provide proof of sending dated earlier than when it was actually sent. Pesky commerical services provide truthful tracking info. Given the amount of mentions of default on the docket, I think Philpot is not very good at meeting deadlines.

I am still confused as to why they paid Koeber when Moo did the actual delivery. I only figure it is because he could set up a fake company quicker than Maureen.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
scirreeve
Posts: 3209
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14872

Post by scirreeve » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:15 pm
When I was looking at the rules for filing and service in the COA, I noticed they could do either by USPS, commercial delivery service, or hand delivered (I am assuming he is not full member of the Oregon Bar so cannot use eFiling). Since it can be hand delivered I wondered why they claim it was a commercial delivery, unless they were late. Hand delivered must be delivered on time, but if a commercial delivery is late, they can use proof of when it was sent.

And why not FedEx? Well, I am pretty sure they would not provide proof of sending dated earlier than when it was actually sent. Pesky commerical services provide truthful tracking info. Given the amount of mentions of default on the docket, I think Philpot is not very good at meeting deadlines.

I am still confused as to why they paid Koeber when Moo did the actual delivery. I only figure it is because he could set up a fake company quicker than Maureen.
Yeah - I don't know but Philpoot is an active member of Oregon Bar now. He was inactive before he took on Dorthea's case but reactivated his status by paying $ and (maybe) doing some continuing education stuff. That is why he had that other attorney file the nonsense at first and then later withdraw after he reactivated his OR license.

User avatar
Northland10
Posts: 8071
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Chicago area - North burbs

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14873

Post by Northland10 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:46 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm
Yeah - I don't know but Philpoot is an active member of Oregon Bar now. He was inactive before he took on Dorthea's case but reactivated his status by paying $ and (maybe) doing some continuing education stuff. That is why he had that other attorney file the nonsense at first and then later withdraw after he reactivated his OR license.
According to the Oregon Bar website, he is currently an active member and so, could file through eFiling. I assume that could be done on the due date. This leaves me with the opinion that he had blown the due date so he did the "commercial service" routine in order to backdate the receipt showing when it was sent.

The date on the docket for the Notice says 11 March, though I don't know if that is the receipt day or the day the court entered it. The lack of a number by now, and a later entry for "extension of time" makes me wonder if the court is looking into this.

Looks like the Edward poots could end up losing land because their attorney is incompetent or lazy.
Edit: From the article:
Koerber allegedly committed fraud when he submitted notice that the appeal had been filed March 2 through a commercial delivery service.

March 2 was a Saturday. Would the office have been open to sign for delivery?
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

User avatar
LtDansLegs
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14874

Post by LtDansLegs » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:56 pm

What's asked above, and what seems to be an extremely obvious question here, isn't addressed anywhere in the linked stories....is anyone saying the filing wasn't timely submitted? Reporting these days is often terrible in general, and legal reporting usually worse, but still that seems like a reporter might try to find out.

User avatar
pipistrelle
Posts: 6399
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 am

Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

#14875

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:08 pm

Did Moe do something illegal? That’d make me sad.

Post Reply

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”