Re: Bundy related gossip and discussion

Post by Azastan » Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:46 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:15 pm
Azastan wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 4:48 pm
The fact that John Lamb was driving too close behind the bobtail tractor and at the same time was not paying attention to his rapid encroachment on the slower moving tractor means that John Lamb is responsible for the crash, not the driver of the tractor.
I don't think Lamb was "driving too close" in the usual sense of the phrase, which would suggest something akin to tailgating. Rather, the mess of the accident suggests Lamb was probably messing with his phone (or some other entertainment device) and almost completely unaware of the road ahead, when either ka-boom! or, he looked up, saw the tractor filling his windshield then ka-boom!

But, yes, absolutely the accident was 100% Lamb's fault. The slowness of the tractor is wholly irrelevant as every driver has an absolute duty to (1) be aware of the road ahead at all times, (2) drive safely in the current road and traffic conditions, and (3) not crash into anything ahead of his vehicle. Lamb failed to do all three; he is irresponsible and dangerous and has no-one to blame but his sorry, bigoted, stupid self.
Exactly. The truck could have been stopped and it would have been Lamb's fault. You have to pay attention.
Exactly. All the poot traffic accident investigating won't change the fact that Lamb was at fault.

I expect that they will be in denial for the foreseeable future.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon May 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Azastan wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 9:15 pm
:snippity:

Exactly. All the poot traffic accident investigating won't change the fact that Lamb was at fault.

I expect that they will be in denial for the foreseeable future.
What happens next :?: If the insurer for the tractor wants to collect, does it wait for a report from the police investigators :?: What if the police investigators don't charge Lamb :?: Will the tractor insurer go after the owner of the pickup to pay for any damage :?: Or will the tractor insurer have to pick up the tab if there is no charge against Lamb :?:

Signed,

Woefully Ignorant :bag:

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

boots

Post by boots » Mon May 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but if the tractor were really doing 15, there's a lot of what we call "comparative fault" out here in California. Not sure about Montana. And tort laws can be surprisingly strange depending on the jurisdiction. Here in California, even a party more than 50% at fault can sue another party who is even less at fault. It's called a "pure comparative fault" jurisdiction.

Montana is (from a quick look on the inner webs) a state that requires the plaintiff not be as much at fault as the defendant. But guess what? Those are issues of fact, and cases where there are good damages (i.e., the plaintiff is racked up really bad :blackeye: ) but iffy liability often settle, because there is immense risk.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon May 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Article about first day of oral arguments on motions in Astarita trial.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... _pers.html

poplove

Post by poplove » Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 am

[/quote] Exactly. The truck could have been stopped and it would have been Lamb's fault. You have to pay attention.
[/quote]
This brings back old and unhappy memories. In 1995 I rear ended a vehicle that was stopped in the middle lane of a five lane freeway in Southern California. My attorney asked me why I didn't see him and I said I didn't believe what I was seeing which was a stopped vehicle right in front of me on a clear day on a freeway. It was something I have never seen before. What I saw at that moment was unbelievable to me and once realized it wasn't my imagination I couldn't stop in time before I hit him. I didn't even have time consider swerving to avoid the obstruction as that could have injured others on my left or right. So I hit the brakes and suffered the consequences, which was a fractured sternum and 75% of the blame from my USAA insurance company for not seeing a stalled vehicle in the middle of the freeway. Fortunately my two daughters were unharmed but they still suffer from the trauma to this day. The guy I hit refused medical attention at the time. Later on he made medical claims. The vehicle he was driving never allowed my insurance company to access it for investigation purposes. I always claimed I was the victim of an insurance setup which was quite common at the time.

If you're afraid of the answer, then don't ask the question.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 am

poplove wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 am
I always claimed I was the victim of an insurance setup which was quite common at the time.
Yeah its getting pretty common over here these days. My brother just installed a camera into my mothers car because it's a common scam to go in front of someone and hit the brakes, causing a crash where they sue you for damages. Having a camera would prove you are not at fault.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue May 22, 2018 6:23 am

Suranis wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:26 am
Yeah its getting pretty common over here these days. My brother just installed a camera into my mothers car because it's a common scam to go in front of someone and hit the brakes, causing a crash where they sue you for damages. Having a camera would prove you are not at fault.
Sorry to hear Ireland's caught that plague too. There seems to be a lot of it in Russia, judging from the amount of in-car camera footage that hits the television screens.

Norway has had some of it, which is exacerbated by it being a priorité à droite country where traffic joining a road from the right has priority over traffic already on the road, unless signs contra-indicate. As much of the time, priority is overridden, so it can be difficult to be sure what the situation is at any point unless one has been paying good attention to signage, it's a neat trick for scamsters to exploit the priority when joining and get someone to drive into them. I don't know how much it actually happens; Norway is a very law-abiding country generally.

I had heard of scamsters in England varying sitting in a stationary line of traffic where there are cars trying to join from a side road (no priority for joining traffic in England, nor other left-hand-side countries, I believe). The scamster leaves a gap, waves or flashes headlights to suggest to the mark that they can join the line in the gap, then accelerates quickly to fill the gap so the mark drives into the side of the scamster's car. The fault legally then lies with the mark (signals between drivers having no legal force), unless, of course, the mark can demonstrate that this was a scam, which would be criminal. Again, I don't know how much that really happens.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue May 22, 2018 10:23 am

Jerry Mander wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:09 pm
► Show Spoiler
The part that gave me pause in expert accident investigator Krazi Kel’s video is her mention of the black box recording in the vehicle that’s in the lot.

Was she instructing her little fringe group of patriotic flying monkeys to break into the lot and steal/destroy the black box so liability can’t be established? This deranged bunch wasn’t above doing anything they could to poison the jury pool or communicate with the jurors in the Bundy trials. And many of them already have criminal histories.

Also, too, Hi Kel! :wave:
Even if the tow truck yard owner had let them near the tractor these poots would not recognize a automobile black box under a truck bonnet or in the driver cabin. Far less would the have had the tools to detach it. If said black box is legally mandatory, police investigators will already have it in their hands. if not mandatory then the insurance company of the truck owner will have it (but may not be bothered cause the driver is not ar fault). Moreover there have been no fatalities involved, so no need for special evidence. Even when stolen by poots, they would not know how to extract the magickal formula.

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Bundy cult member and fake judge Bruce Doucette (who was one of the domestic terrorists who took over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge) just got sentenced to decades in prison.

Later, Bruce! :lol:

Lock him up!

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/sovereign ... sion-other

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Tue May 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 pm
Bundy cult member and fake judge Bruce Doucette (who was one of the domestic terrorists who took over the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge) just got sentenced to decades in prison.

Later, Bruce! :lol:

Lock him up!

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/sovereign ... sion-other
:thumbs:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 pm

poplove wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:22 am

This brings back old and unhappy memories. In 1995 I rear ended a vehicle that was stopped in the middle lane of a five lane freeway in Southern California. My attorney asked me why I didn't see him and I said I didn't believe what I was seeing which was a stopped vehicle right in front of me on a clear day on a freeway. It was something I have never seen before. What I saw at that moment was unbelievable to me and once realized it wasn't my imagination I couldn't stop in time before I hit him. I didn't even have time consider swerving to avoid the obstruction as that could have injured others on my left or right. So I hit the brakes and suffered the consequences, which was a fractured sternum and 75% of the blame from my USAA insurance company for not seeing a stalled vehicle in the middle of the freeway. Fortunately my two daughters were unharmed but they still suffer from the trauma to this day. The guy I hit refused medical attention at the time. Later on he made medical claims. The vehicle he was driving never allowed my insurance company to access it for investigation purposes. I always claimed I was the victim of an insurance setup which was quite common at the time.
This is the point we keep trying to make, though. You don't know when and why someone might suddenly come to a complete stop, even on an interstate. There could have been a motorcyclist down on the road ahead. There could have been an elk in the road. The tractor could have been stalled.

All the other people on the road at that place, at that time, managed to avoid running into the tractor. But not John Lamb. There was supposedly another vehicle in front of him that managed to move to the other lane and didn't hit the tractor. So why did John Lamb run full tilt into the slow moving tractor? He still has no rational reason for being so close that he couldn't slow down. In fact, he had even more duty to be paying attention because he was towing a trailer and should have been leaving an even larger gap than if he'd simply been driving a pickup.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Tue May 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Here is another article about Bruce's sentencing - I posted it on Doucette's thread but noticed some posts were here as well.
http://www.westword.com/news/sovereign- ... y-10342106

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Tue May 22, 2018 10:37 pm

New article about oral arguments this week in Astarita's trial. Talks about trajectory analysis mostly but an attorney fainted in court.
Tuesday's hearing was briefly postponed when one of Astarita's lawyers, Meghan Ferguson, fainted while cross-examining a witness. Astarita and others rushed to her side, and confirmed she had a pulse and was breathing. Medics were called and Ferguson returned within 15 minutes to resume her line of questioning. Apparently, she hadn't had enough to eat for breakfast, her co-counsel said.
http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... tes_f.html

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Check out Joshua’s excellent contempt of court adventure. LOL. IAALs will find this video quite hilarious (or pathetic).

These people amaze me. No, Joshua: the judge doesn’t give a shit about your misinterpretation of the constitution, or your misinterpretation of case law, or anything. Joshua just keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed May 23, 2018 12:02 am

Jerry Mander wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 pm
Check out Joshua’s excellent contempt of court adventure. LOL. IAALs will find this video quite hilarious (or pathetic).

These people amaze me. No, Joshua: the judge doesn’t give a shit about your misinterpretation of the constitution, or your misinterpretation of case law, or anything. Joshua just keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole for himself.

Joshy has calendar call tomorrow on his gun charge. Trial scheduled to start May 29.

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 am

Jerry Mander wrote:

Joshy sez he has ordered the dvd of his "trial." Oh, how I hope he shares that with us, especially the part where the judge is laughing at him.

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed May 23, 2018 12:53 am

NMgirl wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:37 am
Jerry Mander wrote:

Joshy sez he has ordered the dvd of his "trial." Oh, how I hope he shares that with us, especially the part where the judge is laughing at him.
He will - he did last time when he got thrown into the pokey. Gav says he will help him enhance the audio. And David Nut Burger is giving him some most excellent legal advice.
David Zion Brugger · 0:02 Joshua, You should have a copy of a Paper I gave you called The Unknown Plaintiff Paper, it has number paper, It has what you said on Practicing Law from a pretend bench and a lot more on proper jurisdictions,,

David Zion Brugger · I once had another paper served by The Other People of Nevada,,
(The ones that have no complaints with you or want to be liable for any Damages to your civil rights,,,

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 am

And more "legal" advice for Joshy. Mr. Final Four poop trench guy and "Sov Ameri" who comments on all the sovcit pages. Bunch of nutz but Joshy will listen to them.
Sean Anderson · 0:00 No jury trial for petty crimes!!!!! Remember our trial in Oregon! Apparently the supreme court justices ruled in 1950 that you have no right to a jury trial for petty crimes even though the Constitution says otherwise at least 3 places!!! Wake up America your already in a federal prison with the illusion of freedom!

Sov Ameri · 7:54 Good job Joshua. As he has already proved he is not a judge, and it is certain there is no Oath of Office, he/they have zero jurisdiction (other than forcing you into commerce) and you are not liable to return, though I'm sure you will. Just saying. Good job. Doubt you will find any law in there.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 am

Lambo update- BTW titanium and iron are not the same thing but don't tell Mrs. Lambo that. Spoilered the link because it is a huge pic of Lambo's foot. Don't look at it.
Johns right leg has two titanium rods that go from his hip to his knee to his foot. Here’s some of the pins holding things in place. He also has multiple titanium plates and screws throughout his arm and other leg. John will now be more like the Iron Man instead of the Last Free Man by the time he leaves this place.

He was able to talk more today and almost sounded like his old self before the pain and fever increased this afternoon. He is realizing more every day that one arm, many ribs and both legs are broken and he can not move without assistance.

Today his cast was removed and fitted for a new cast that should be ready by tomorrow. He had a lot of X-rays (about 25) which were painful and caused a lot of bleeding from the surgery site. Pain has increased and the fever and chills have returned.

We will see what tomorrow holds.
Thank you for the prayers and support.
► Show Spoiler

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 am

scirreeve wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:07 am
And more "legal" advice for Joshy. Mr. Final Four poop trench guy and "Sov Ameri" who comments on all the sovcit pages. Bunch of nutz but Joshy will listen to them.
Sean Anderson · 0:00 No jury trial for petty crimes!!!!! Remember our trial in Oregon! Apparently the supreme court justices ruled in 1950 that you have no right to a jury trial for petty crimes even though the Constitution says otherwise at least 3 places!!! Wake up America your already in a federal prison with the illusion of freedom!

Sov Ameri · 7:54 Good job Joshua. As he has already proved he is not a judge, and it is certain there is no Oath of Office, he/they have zero jurisdiction (other than forcing you into commerce) and you are not liable to return, though I'm sure you will. Just saying. Good job. Doubt you will find any law in there.
So did Hunt and Karl come by to do some racist taunting?

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed May 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Joshua Martinez is at Regional Justice Center.
48 mins · Las Vegas, NV ·
Trial for the Firearm charge has been rescheduled: October 31st.
https://www.facebook
.com/joshua.martinez.925/posts/725302027593944

breaking the link cuz the image is just a map of the "Regional Justice Center - Legal Service · Las Vegas, NV"

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Cross-posting with MoeRon’s page:

MoeRon wants poots to send money to pay for Jason Patrick’s $10,000 restitution. This grift has been going on for many months and has only raised $600.

MoeRon ALSO wants your money so she and Jason can go to Portland, stay in a hotel, eat, and heckle the guy who’s reading from his new book about the Malheur takeover at a Portland bookstore.

I’ve reported her Paypal account. If you have a moment, please report it as well.
843B5CF6-46ED-4FB9-8F11-0FD828F731B4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 pm

Marking as members only to avoid poot wet dreams.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Ugh,

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed May 23, 2018 10:05 pm

Kendra wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 pm
Marking as members only to avoid poot wet dreams.
Hidden Content
Ugh,
Hidden Content

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Hidden Content

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”