Bundy Trial Oregon Part I (Ammon et. al.)

Scario

Re: Bundy Trials - Oregon

Post by Scario »

Where can I find the transcripts of the trial?

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Scario wrote:Where can I find the transcripts of the trial?
They probably won't be available until after the trial and will cost a buncha $.

realist

Post by realist »

There are no transcripts of the trial unless someone ordered daily copy and is posting them for the public.

I'm 99.9% sure that's not going to happen.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Xibit wrote:
TexasTee wrote:
Xibit wrote:Trevor Ault ‏@TrevorKOIN 31m31 minutes ago
Ammon Bundy is wearing his jail clothes in court today- Prepared statement said he was showing himself as the "political prisoner" he is

I have so much animosity in my heart right now, imma need to go pray. :mad2: :smokeears: :twoup:
Chris Liedle ‏@chrisliedle 3m minutes ago
A. Bundy wore jail clothing to trial: "Im a political prisoner, not free to dress as innocent, shackled in chains, molested like an animal."
Well, they do say that clothes make the man and that you should dress for success. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Scario

Post by Scario »

realist wrote:
There are no transcripts of the trial unless someone ordered daily copy and is posting them for the public.

I'm 99.9% sure that's not going to happen.
Trying to see what Mumford is talking about for asking for a mistrial. To my understanding of law and courts, having been pro se myself in a case, Judge Anna ruled the Prosecution cannot bring up Bunkerville, but that doesn't stop a witness, like Ward, bringing it up if a question such as, 'why were you worried for your community,' comes around. Trying to see what question was asked for my Sheriff to answer with the 2 police officers killed in Vegas by Bundy Supporters. Depending on what the question was, the answer is valid and does not break Judge Anna's rule.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Bivins ‏@itsmikebivins · 11m11 minutes ago  Downtown, Portland

On the drive by I counted 10-12 people at the pro-Bundy protest across from the Justice Center. #Oregonstandoff
Bundy support holding steady. ;)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Karen Walker wrote:
Xibit wrote:Chris Liedle ‏@chrisliedle 3m minutes ago
A. Bundy wore jail clothing to trial: "Im a political prisoner, not free to dress as innocent, shackled in chains, molested like an animal."
I certainly hope he didn't say that in the presence of the jury.

:snippity:
His lawyer said it. Don't know if the jury was there when he said it.
Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian · 3m3 minutes ago

ABundy's lawyer:'He would prefer to drop the facade & appear as the political prisoner he has been made.' #Oregonstandoff
Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian · 4m4 minutes ago

Judge asked Ammon Bundy if this was his personal choice? 'Your honor,I have no comment,' Bundy replied 3x #Oregonstandoff
Conrad Wilson ‏@conradjwilson · 2m2 minutes ago

Judge Brown asked Ammon Bundy 2x why -- Bundy declined to answer and his attorney Morgan Philpot read a statement #Oregonstandoff

duke's mayo

Post by duke's mayo »

Volkonski wrote:
Xibit wrote:
TexasTee wrote:

I have so much animosity in my heart right now, imma need to go pray. :mad2: :smokeears: :twoup:
Chris Liedle ‏@chrisliedle 3m minutes ago
Well, they do say that clothes make the man and that you should dress for success. ;)
dress for the job you want, not the one you have :think:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Conrad Wilson ‏@conradjwilson · 2m2 minutes ago

Moved around "in chains ... Molested like an animal ..." Philpot read #Oregonstandoff
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This is too much. They are playing to the gallery. I hope the jury wasn't there.
Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian · 3m3 minutes ago

Judge alerted jurors of Bundy's choice to appear in jail scrubs , asked them not to draw any inferences #oregonstandoff
Guess the jury wasn't there. :thumbs:

Xibit

Post by Xibit »

GlimDropper wrote:Not sure if this link will work if your aren't logged into facebook but Mumford filed a motion for mistrial (dct # 1280).

I don't have time atm to fix formatting in c/ping from that document but Sheriff Ward mentioned the two police officers murdered by people who were at the 2014 Bundy ranch stand off. Mumford wants a do over (or other relief).
Any more info on this, I cannot see it and I am logged into Facebook.

Scario

Post by Scario »

Xibit wrote:
GlimDropper wrote:Not sure if this link will work if your aren't logged into facebook but Mumford filed a motion for mistrial (dct # 1280).

I don't have time atm to fix formatting in c/ping from that document but Sheriff Ward mentioned the two police officers murdered by people who were at the 2014 Bundy ranch stand off. Mumford wants a do over (or other relief).
I can't either, reason asking about it.

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Scario wrote:
Xibit wrote:
I'm sure it'll show up here shortly as soon as someone grabs it from Pacer.

Xibit

Post by Xibit »

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 1m minute ago
Ryan Bundy again asked judge to be recused, saying she's been unfair
:brickwallsmall:

Mink

Post by Mink »

All Tweets below have extraneous information removed.

Maxine (Oregonian)
Begin 10:37am pst

1. Ammon Bundy chose to wear his blue jail scrubs in court trial today
2. ABundy's lawyer:'Mr. Bundy decides to appear as he is, a political prisoner not free to dress as if presumed innocent..'
3. ABundy's lawyer:'He would prefer to drop the facade & appear as the political prisoner he has been made.'
4. Judge asked Ammon Bundy if this was his personal choice? 'Your honor,I have no comment,' Bundy replied 3x
5. Bundy's lawyer J. Philpot:'My Bundy feels he really has no choice , that that's been taken from him.
6. Judge alerted jurors of Bundy's choice to appear in jail scrubs , asked them not to draw any inferences
7. Ryan Bundy stood, told judge he supports brother's choice. Judge::'Do you wish to change clothes too?' Not today, Ryan said
8. Butch Eaton, on cross, became emotional, called defendants 'God-fearing men, better than me' ..'I love these guys.'
9. Eaton:''In some people's eyes I was a puss, I left -their convictions were stronger than mine. They shouldn't be here.'
10. Eaton described people occupying refuge as a 'loving,hugging brotherhood.' Said he wasn't scared of them.
11. Eaton, though, called 911 when he walked out of refuge 1/2. Said wife told him to. (1/2)
12. If he hadn't called 911, he thought Feds might ask later:'Who's that bald, red-headed son of a bitch,' Eaton testified
13. Ryan Bundy again asked judge to be recused, saying she's been unfair
14. Refuge director now on stand : court resumes

1. Ammon Bundy wore his jail scrubs I to the courtroom this morning
2. Judge Brown asked Ammon Bundy 2x why -- Bundy declined to answer and his attorney Morgan Philpot read a statement
3. "Mr. Bundy decides to appear as he is -- a political prisoner ..."
4. Moved around "in chains ... Molested like an animal ..." Philpot read
5. "He would prefer to drop the facade and appear as the political prisoner he is." Philpot said of Ammon Bundy
6. Judge Brown instructed the jury to not infer anything by Ammon Bundy's blue jail scrub dress -- different than the suit

End: 10:54am pst
Quite Sane

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Xibit wrote:Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 1m minute ago
Ryan Bundy again asked judge to be recused, saying she's been unfair
:brickwallsmall:
:thumbs:
I think my vote was for the 2nd day of trial. It's getting closer to "when" instead of "if". Regardless, I'm looking forward to the fireworks when he is stripped of pro se and/or booted from the courtroom!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Bivins ‏@itsmikebivins · 9m9 minutes ago  Downtown, Portland

These four @DHSgov trucks are not usually parked across from the courthouse. Display of power. #Oregonstandoff

That display of power seems to be working. All those armed folk who showed up at the Bundy Ranch in 2014 have not appeared in Portland.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Let's see if this works better:
Ammons Motion for Mistrial and Dismissal, 15 Sept 2016 .pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gshevlin

Post by gshevlin »

Mink wrote:All Tweets below have extraneous information removed.

Maxine (Oregonian)
Begin 10:37am pst

1. Ammon Bundy chose to wear his blue jail scrubs in court trial today
2. ABundy's lawyer:'Mr. Bundy decides to appear as he is, a political prisoner not free to dress as if presumed innocent..'
3. ABundy's lawyer:'He would prefer to drop the facade & appear as the political prisoner he has been made.'
4. Judge asked Ammon Bundy if this was his personal choice? 'Your honor,I have no comment,' Bundy replied 3x
5. Bundy's lawyer J. Philpot:'My Bundy feels he really has no choice , that that's been taken from him.
6. Judge alerted jurors of Bundy's choice to appear in jail scrubs , asked them not to draw any inferences
7. Ryan Bundy stood, told judge he supports brother's choice. Judge::'Do you wish to change clothes too?' Not today, Ryan said
8. Butch Eaton, on cross, became emotional, called defendants 'God-fearing men, better than me' ..'I love these guys.'
9. Eaton:''In some people's eyes I was a puss, I left -their convictions were stronger than mine. They shouldn't be here.'
10. Eaton described people occupying refuge as a 'loving,hugging brotherhood.' Said he wasn't scared of them.
11. Eaton, though, called 911 when he walked out of refuge 1/2. Said wife told him to. (1/2)
12. If he hadn't called 911, he thought Feds might ask later:'Who's that bald, red-headed son of a bitch,' Eaton testified
13. Ryan Bundy again asked judge to be recused, saying she's been unfair
14. Refuge director now on stand : court resumes
I have no idea why the government thought it was useful to call Mr. Eaton as a witness. He is facing both ways at once. The Government's case is not off to a compelling start here, and the judge is being way too indulgent of the SovCit stupidity of the defendants.

Scario

Post by Scario »

GlimDropper wrote:Let's see if this works better:
Thanks. That worked.

Mink

Post by Mink »

I don't know how Eaton physically presents in the court, but just reading what's reported it doesn't sound like he's very impressive in terms of his personality/behavior. Added to Bundy's antics this morning, I'm not impressed. I don't think I would be cussing in court as though that behavior was good form, but what do I know. It's not like I don't have a colorful vocabulary, it's just that I use it according to audience.

I'd be interested to hear what attorneys think about all this. Were I a juror, I'm not sure I would appreciate Bundy's delays. Bundy, again asking the judge to recuse herself, is expected. But twice?
Quite Sane

Xibit

Post by Xibit »

GlimDropper wrote:Let's see if this works better:
:clap: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Mink

Post by Mink »

Volkonski wrote:
Mike Bivins ‏@itsmikebivins · 9m9 minutes ago  Downtown, Portland

These four @DHSgov trucks are not usually parked across from the courthouse. Display of power. #Oregonstandoff

That display of power seems to be working. All those armed folk who showed up at the Bundy Ranch in 2014 have not appeared in Portland.
I haven't seen any open carry with the exception of a woman with a pistol in a photo yesterday. I'm not sure the militia is particularly interested in being there. What would be the purpose of showing up in camo etc. and scaring the daylights out of people? The jurors wouldn't see it (they are taken in a private entrance) but the public would. Seems the Bundys don't have any sympathy there as it is (good!). Of course all this could change in a moment ...
Quite Sane

rpenner

Post by rpenner »

Karen Walker wrote:
Scario wrote:
Xibit wrote: Any more info on this, I cannot see it and I am logged into Facebook.
I'm sure it'll show up here shortly as soon as someone grabs it from Pacer.
I love you too, Karen.

// ETA: GlimDropper seems to have gotten to it first. http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 00#p819191

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Mike Bivins
‏@itsmikebivins
LIVE on #Periscope: Here with Jason Patrick. He has a criminal trial on the horizon. Talking about lack of black jurors.

Mike Bivins ‏@itsmikebivins · 2m2 minutes ago  Downtown, Portland

Jason Patrick chalked "black jurors matter" onto the park's sidewalk.

JJ MacNab ‏@jjmacnab · 22s23 seconds ago

@itsmikebivins He's from Georgia. He's probably not used to a state where only 2% of the population is black.

gshevlin

Post by gshevlin »

OK somebody help me here...I found this Tweet proclaiming "Amnon Bundy totally vindicated". The article they are linking to is here http://linkis.com/beforeitsnews.com/laQ7i
The article is a pile of caca, it points triumphantly to a Ninth Circuit Court decision, while carefully avoiding mentioning any of the details of the case. The number they quote for the docket does not exist, but if you remove the second hyphen, you do get a hit, but one on a medical marijuana case, and I cannot see a connection to jurisdiction over federal land.
Does anybody have any idea what this article is referring to? Because right now I cannot see any connection with a Ninth Circuit opinion. However, I am not a lawyer.
UPDATE - This appears to be a cut and paste of a posting from Anna Von Reitz, so maybe it belongs in another thread.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”