Bundy Trial Oregon Part I (Ammon et. al.)

realist

Re: Bundy Trials - Oregon

Post by realist »

Also now at Jack's.

03/10/2016 291 Motion for Release from Custody Oral Argument requested. by Defendant Jon Ritzheimer. (Wood, Terri) (Entered: 03/10/2016)
Thanks, Stern. :thumbs:
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Piskey

Post by Piskey »

Dolly wrote:
jmj wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:I don't think "Steven Brooks" is the unnamed indictee. But only because the redacted name of that person appears to be smaller (less letters) than the space/letters taken up by "Steven Brooks."

We shall soon see.
Out of curiosity, has anybody compiled a list of names of people known to have been part of the takeover?
Welcome to The Fogbow. :wave:

IIRC, in the "SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge" thread (now 554 pages), a list was started. A member was keeping notes until a computer crash and loss of data. So, no I don't believe we have a one stop post that lists occupiers.
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... =37&t=8454
I copied the most recent list we had into a secrit box and stuck it on a copy of Mike Dunford's post of those arrested. It is in the Oregon Trial thread somewhere near the beginning

To be honest, the FBI seemed to be coping quite well without me.
Edit: Oh, and whilst I'm here, my guess for the redacted name is Travis Cox.
Edited to say ignore this. The FBI are indeed doing splendidly without me

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Travis Cox is already named. Three from the bottom.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

On that Mo Reporting above -- she's calling for a big push to sully the jury pool with jury nullification publicity.
:madguy:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Piskey

Post by Piskey »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Travis Cox is already named. Three from the bottom.
OOps :oops:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

jmj wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:I don't think "Steven Brooks" is the unnamed indictee. But only because the redacted name of that person appears to be smaller (less letters) than the space/letters taken up by "Steven Brooks."

We shall soon see.
Out of curiosity, has anybody compiled a list of names of people known to have been part of the takeover?
In addition

Out of curiosity, that US flag in the mess hall of the then "Resource Center", with participants leaving proof of their presence, is it now evidence piece "A" for the government, or did someone sneak it away when the rats left the floundering ship? Will we get to all see those names listed somewhere in a complaint?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

realist wrote:Also now at Jack's.

03/10/2016 291 Motion for Release from Custody Oral Argument requested. by Defendant Jon Ritzheimer. (Wood, Terri) (Entered: 03/10/2016)
Thanks, Stern. :thumbs:
I would not necessarily object to his pre-trial release. The swiftness of his voluntary surrender in Arzonia coupled with his apparent lack of involvement in the Nevanda standoff makes me think he is not a risk of flight or standoff. He might find it hard to live without his guns and pay for all of the trips up to Oregon. It's not like he has a job to pay for it.

It would best if he was required to stay at home or Oregon, and not participate in his favorite pastimes.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

RTH10260 wrote:
jmj wrote:

We shall soon see.
In addition

Out of curiosity, that US flag in the mess hall of the then "Resource Center", with participants leaving proof of their presence, is it now evidence piece "A" for the government, or did someone sneak it away when the rats left the floundering ship? Will we get to all see those names listed somewhere in a complaint?
The flag left with one of the losers. SSG Moron posted a picture of it with all the signatures on it providing the FBI with lots of and lots of nice pixels. I'm sure there's a pic around the net somewhere. IIRR Ms Moron took it down when she realized she just provided the FBI and the State of Oregon with ironclad proof of who was at their little hoedown. I'm pretty sure Moron knows who has it. I wonder if the FBI will be chatting with her about that.....
Hmmmmm..................
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

RTH10260 wrote: In addition

I believe that somebody took the flag. In one of the photos, the flag was not at the refuge.
Seems like it was on MoeRon's Facebook. Somebody was complaining about the post - like it shouldn't be public. Others commented that it had been posted numerous times on other pages.
If I find it again, I will post it.
So probably no actual flag for physical evidence. They will have to rely on Facebook posts.
:geezerette:

This 3 part story from Daily Kos was interesting.
Inside the Refuge with the Occupiers: A Photo Diary
By Max Udargo
Thursday Jan 14, 2016 · 6:50 AM PST
Everyone signed the flag, to be given to Ammon Bundy as a memento.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/1 ... hoto-Dairy
Inside the Refuge (Part II): Respect the Perimeter
By Max Udargo
Friday Jan 22, 2016 · 6:23 AM PST
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/2 ... -Perimeter
Inside the Refuge (Part III): Lopsided Ovals
By Max Udargo
Wednesday Jan 27, 2016 · 6:53 AM PST
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/27 ... ided-Ovals
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Whip

Post by Whip »

Dolly wrote:
RTH10260 wrote: In addition

I believe that somebody took the flag. In one of the photos, the flag was not at the refuge.
Seems like it was on MoeRon's Facebook. Somebody was complaining about the post - like it shouldn't be public. Others commented that it had been posted numerous times on other pages.
If I find it again, I will post it.
So probably no actual flag for physical evidence. They will have to rely on Facebook posts.
:geezerette:

This 3 part story from Daily Kos was interesting.
Inside the Refuge with the Occupiers: A Photo Diary
By Max Udargo
Thursday Jan 14, 2016 · 6:50 AM PST
Everyone signed the flag, to be given to Ammon Bundy as a memento.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/1 ... hoto-Dairy
Inside the Refuge (Part II): Respect the Perimeter
By Max Udargo
Friday Jan 22, 2016 · 6:23 AM PST
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/01/2 ... -Perimeter
Inside the Refuge (Part III): Lopsided Ovals
By Max Udargo
Wednesday Jan 27, 2016 · 6:53 AM PST
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/27 ... ided-Ovals
pics of the pic of the flag are posted in the occupier thread.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Whip wrote:
pics of the pic of the flag are posted in the occupier thread.
Thanks. I found the posts.

http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... ag#p730379

ETA: Stern posted a nice image of the flag.

http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... ag#p730381
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 9m9 minutes ago
Judge: James J. O'Hagan, who filed 'notice of intervention' in OR Bundy case, is not a lawyer nor a party to case & (cont'd)#Oregonstandoff

Maxine Bernstein ‏@maxoregonian 3m3 minutes ago
Judge:James O'Hagan cited fed CIVIL procedure rules to intervene in Malheur case -those don't apply for CRIMINAL case #Oregonstandoff
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet
More
Another would be intervenor bounced in Portland. ;)
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Ryan Haas Verified account
‏@ryanjhaas

Yet more non-attorneys trying to intervene in #Bundy and friends court cases. #Oregonstandoff

[youtube][/youtube]
I've heard this bull before.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

I googled James J. O'Hagan. He is a contributor to this fine publication: http://corruptwashington.com/

Lots of crunchy goodness there.

He is also unsuccessful in court.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Date Filed # Docket Text
03/09/2016 293 Minutes of Proceedings: First Initial Appearance and Arraignment on Superseding Indictment before Judge Anna J. Brown as to Blaine Cooper, Corey Lequieu, Jason Charles Blomgren, Darryl William Thorn, Geoffrey Stanek, and Eric Lee Flores held on 3/10/2016. Indictment read in open Court. Not guilty pleas entered. Jury Trial set for 4/19/2016 at 9:00 am before Judge Anna J. Brown. Counsel Present for Plaintiff: Ethan Knight, Geoffrey Barrown, Craig Gabriel.Counsel Present for Defendant: Krista Shipsey, Ramon Pagan, Robert Rainwater, Laurie Shertz, Benjamin Andersen, Ernest Warren, Jr..(Court Reporter Amanda LeGore) (bb) Modified on 3/10/2016 correcting date of hearing (bb). (Entered: 03/10/2016)

03/10/2016 292 Scheduling Order by Judge Robert E. Jones as to Jon Ritzheimer (USM #55142-408). Oral Argument is set for 3/17/2016 at 11:30AM before Judge Robert E. Jones in Portland Courtroom 10A. (bp) (Entered: 03/10/2016)

03/10/2016 294 Scheduling Order by Judge Anna J. Brown as to all defendants. Waivers of Appearance for the Status Conference set for 04/06/2016 at 9:30 AM in Courtroom 13A are due no later than 3/24/2016. Counsel to appear no later than 9:00 AM for the Status Conference. The courtroom will be available at 8:30 AM for counsel to confer prior to the hearing. Joint Status Report regarding the 4/6/2016 Status Conference is due no later than 3/31/2016. (bb) (Entered: 03/10/2016)

03/10/2016 295 Order by Judge Anna J. Brown. On 3/9/16 the Court Clerk received for filing from James J. O'Hagan a submission captioned for this matter and titled "Notice of Intervention." The Court notes Mr. O'Hagan is not a named party to this proceeding nor an attorney admitted to the Bar of this Court representing a named party. Although the submission cites as authority for intervention Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 24, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure do not apply in this criminal matter, and there is not any legal authority that permits the participation of any such person in these criminal proceedings. Because participation in this matter is restricted to the named parties and their qualified counsel, the Court, therefore, denies Mr. O'Hagan leave to file his submission or otherwise to be heard in this matter. See also Order #213 issued 2/26/16. Accordingly, because Mr. O'Hagan does not have standing in this criminal proceeding, the Court directs the Clerk to return his submission to him. (bb) (Entered: 03/10/2016)

03/10/2016 296 Order by Judge Anna J. Brown. In light of the fact that the Clerk has received submissions from nonparties in this matter (See Order #213 and Order #295), the Court makes the following Order to remain in effect until further Order of this Court: When the Court receives any submission for this matter that is not from a named party or any attorney admitted to the Bar of this Court representing a named party, the Court directs the Clerk to return the document to the sender with a copy of this Order or seek further direction from this Court as to any particular nonparty submission. (bb) (Entered: 03/10/2016)

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

John Schmidt ‏@uglyportland1 5h5 hours ago
Arnold: “nobody was physically injured” during occupation. Referred to it as a “protest.” Sides “geographically separated now. #SoCitPa
Depends on your definition of "during" and "physically injured" but he might want to check that with Mrs Finicum.
Northland10 wrote:It would best if he was required to stay at home or Oregon, and not participate in his favorite pastimes.
Can you make "not being stupid" a bail condition?
Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Didn't I read somewhere that Ritz was on disability and had a sad because he couldn't collect it while in jail?

I found this. It's Raw Story so.... I can't find where the original interview is that Ritz allegedly said this.
Jon Ritzheimer, who has been orchestrating anti-Muslim rallies from his Arizona home, says he gets by on his veterans’ disability pay, and that he’s “lucky to have a wife who works.”
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/broke-u ... iot-games/
ImageImageImage x4

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Slim Cognito wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that Ritz was on disability and had a sad because he couldn't collect it while in jail?

I found this. It's Raw Story so.... I can't find where the original interview is that Ritz allegedly said this.
Jon Ritzheimer, who has been orchestrating anti-Muslim rallies from his Arizona home, says he gets by on his veterans’ disability pay, and that he’s “lucky to have a wife who works.”
Jon Ritzheimer, 32, told The Oregonian/OregonLive he's collecting veterans' disability pay, and that he's "lucky to have a wife who works." Ritzheimer has two children and said he won't be able to stay in Oregon forever.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... rt_mi.html

realist

Post by realist »

Thanks to Stern... :thumbs:

3-9-16 ECF 283 U.S.A. v JASON BLOMGREN - Order Setting Conditions of Release
ImageX 4 ImageX36

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

realist wrote:Thanks to Stern... :thumbs:

3-9-16 ECF 283 U.S.A. v JASON BLOMGREN - Order Setting Conditions of Release
Home detention monitored by the GPS... Beats prison.

Does GPS home detention time count like actual jail time when time served is calculated/credited after his inevitable conviction???

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Slim Cognito wrote:Didn't I read somewhere that Ritz was on disability and had a sad because he couldn't collect it while in jail?

Jon Ritzheimer, 32, told The Oregonian/OregonLive he's collecting veterans' disability pay, and that he's "lucky to have a wife who works." Ritzheimer has two children and said he won't be able to stay in Oregon forever.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... rt_mi.html
I don't see where anyone should let this paragon of lack of self control out of the slam. If it's a VA pension, he has dependents and I don't think the disability payments stop just cause he's in jail.
If they do, then he should have thought about that before he...........................self control???

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

SueDB wrote:
I don't see where anyone should let this paragon of lack of self control out of the slam. If it's a VA pension, he has dependents and I don't think the disability payments stop just cause he's in jail.
If they do, then he should have thought about that before he...........................self control???
"How Will Your Imprisonment Affect The Payment Of:
VA Disability Compensation?

Your monthly payment will be reduced beginning with the 61st day of your imprisonment for a felony. If your payment before you went to prison was $201 or more, your new payment amount will be $104. If you were getting $104 before you were imprisoned, your new payment will be $52."

"VA Disability Pension?

If you are imprisoned in a Federal, State or local penal institution as the result of conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, such pension payment will be discontinued effective on the 61st day of imprisonment following conviction."

However,

"Can Your Spouse, Children Or Dependent Parent(s) Receive Any Of The Money Not Paid To You Because Of Imprisonment?

VA can take all or part of the amount of compensation you are not receiving and apportion it to your spouse, child or children and dependent parents on the basis of individual need. They should contact the nearest VA regional office for details on how to apply. They will be asked to provide income information as part of the application process."

So if any of them are getting VA disability benefits, they will continue to receive it until 61 days after they are convicted. I'm a bit confused on the language about spouses etc still receiving benefits. It sounds as if the spouse/dependents would receive the half of the pension which is not going to the prisoner? So, if Ritzheimer was getting $400/month, he would get $200, and spouse would get $200?

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Azastan wrote:
SueDB wrote:
"How Will Your Imprisonment Affect The Payment Of:
VA Disability Compensation?

Your monthly payment will be reduced beginning with the 61st day of your imprisonment for a felony. If your payment before you went to prison was $201 or more, your new payment amount will be $104. If you were getting $104 before you were imprisoned, your new payment will be $52."

"VA Disability Pension?

If you are imprisoned in a Federal, State or local penal institution as the result of conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, such pension payment will be discontinued effective on the 61st day of imprisonment following conviction."

However,

"Can Your Spouse, Children Or Dependent Parent(s) Receive Any Of The Money Not Paid To You Because Of Imprisonment?

VA can take all or part of the amount of compensation you are not receiving and apportion it to your spouse, child or children and dependent parents on the basis of individual need. They should contact the nearest VA regional office for details on how to apply. They will be asked to provide income information as part of the application process."

So if any of them are getting VA disability benefits, they will continue to receive it until 61 days after they are convicted. I'm a bit confused on the language about spouses etc still receiving benefits. It sounds as if the spouse/dependents would receive the half of the pension which is not going to the prisoner? So, if Ritzheimer was getting $400/month, he would get $200, and spouse would get $200?

I'm making the assumption that you have to be convicted before any action can happen. He's not be convicted, so his family should still be getting his checks.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

John Schmidt ‏@uglyportland1 9m9 minutes ago
John Schmidt Retweeted Dustin
I am! I’m at court now every hearing/appearance. Follow me 4 summary. 3 hour hearing in series of tweets! #SoCitPa
1:30 PM for Santilli with Judge Anna Brown per SSG Moe, not on calendar.

On Calendar-

11:00 AM Judge Brown Courtroom 14A 3:16-cr-51-BR (16) - USA Vs. MEDENBACH, KENNETH [Detention Hearing]
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Maybe Maybenaut ought to chime in on the disability payments after incarceration. Or maybe not.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”