SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Dave at Sea

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Post by Dave at Sea »

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 pm
Matt O'Shea via Seattle Times and Kendra wrote: "Every day I get to wake up and I get to be on the front line in the battle of good and evil."
Well, that's true enough.

But O'Shea should consider instead joining the battle on the side of good.
Being who and what he is... would you want him on your side? :think:

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Dave at Sea wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:34 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:08 pm
Matt O'Shea via Seattle Times and Kendra wrote: "Every day I get to wake up and I get to be on the front line in the battle of good and evil."
Well, that's true enough.

But O'Shea should consider instead joining the battle on the side of good.
Being who and what he is... would you want him on your side? :think:
I sure wouldn't.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Meanwhile, the Hammond’s have lost their grazing permits despite illegal interference by Zinke.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/1 ... s-inc.html

A federal judge on Friday revoked the grazing permit for Hammond Ranches Inc., finding that former Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke’s order renewing it early this year was an “abuse of discretion.''

Dwight Hammond Jr. and his youngest son, Steven Hammond, can reapply for a new permit and go through the proper process to obtain one, U.S. District Judge Michael H. Simon said.

Neither Zinke or the U.S. Bureau of Land Management made a finding that the Hammonds were in “substantial compliance’’ with federal grazing regulations or had a “satisfactory history of performance’’ as required, the judge found.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

NY Times picked this up... Gonzaga University?

G.O.P. Lawmaker Had Visions of a Christian Alternative Government
A Washington State legislator was accused of participating in the occupation of a federal wildlife refuge. Behind the scenes, he and right-wing activists were preparing for civil strife.
By Mike Baker Dec. 23, 2019

SPOKANE, Wash. — Matt Shea was 34 years old when he ran for the State Legislature in eastern Washington, but he had already established credentials that made him a promising Republican candidate.

A lawyer trained at Gonzaga University who had served a tour in Iraq with Washington’s Army National Guard, Mr. Shea pitched voters in 2008 on a platform of limiting taxes and punishing criminals, opposing same-sex marriage and supporting gun rights. He went on to win with nearly 60 percent of the vote, then moved up the ranks in the Legislature, reaching the powerful position of chair of his party’s caucus in 2017.

But back in his home district, Mr. Shea also began attracting the attention of law enforcement for his growing embrace of fringe ideologies and conspiracy theories. He networked with local militia groups, talked about plans to create a 51st state called Liberty and distributed to his closest followers a “Biblical Basis for War” document that calls for the “surrender” of those who favor abortion rights, same-sex marriage, “idolatry” and communism. “If they do not yield — kill all males,” it said.

Last week, a report commissioned by the State Legislature asserted that Mr. Shea had engaged in domestic terrorism in his support of the armed takeover of Oregon’s Malheur National Wildlife Refuge by militant ranchers and their supporters in 2016 — part of a protest over federal ownership of public lands in the West.
That's just the top of the story... Lots lots more: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/23/us/m ... emism.html
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" Fri 9/8c. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'll just run this bit through a translator:
Matt Shea […] had already established credentials that made him a promising Republican candidate.
… click click whirr whirr …
"Matt Shea had already proved himself to be an amoral hypocritical asshole with no discernible good qualities."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Lish - Gonzaga Law School is the McGeorge Law School of Washington state.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

What’s Ammon's angle in denying Shaes involvement?

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Jeffrey wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:05 pm
What’s Ammon's angle in denying Shaes involvement?
It encroaches on his grift.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Replace "Ammon" with "Trump" and you will have your answer. Adulation praise and money can only flow one way.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

KXLY Link:
Legislature releases documents used to support Matt Shea domestic terrorism finding

OLYMPIA, Wash – More than a month after a report accused Spokane Valley legislator Matt Shea of engaging in domestic terrorism, the Washington legislature has made public the documents used to come to that conclusion.

In December, the Rampart Group finished its report, which was commissioned by Washington lawmakers asking them to look into the activities of the controversial conservative lawmaker.

The group concluded that Rep. Shea engaged in domestic terrorism and repeated calls to arms against the U.S. government. It called him a growing threat of political violence.

<Snip>

Tuesday afternoon, the House made those documents public. You can read them here.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

GlimDropper wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:05 pm
KXLY Link:
Legislature releases documents used to support Matt Shea domestic terrorism finding

OLYMPIA, Wash – More than a month after a report accused Spokane Valley legislator Matt Shea of engaging in domestic terrorism, the Washington legislature has made public the documents used to come to that conclusion.

In December, the Rampart Group finished its report, which was commissioned by Washington lawmakers asking them to look into the activities of the controversial conservative lawmaker.

The group concluded that Rep. Shea engaged in domestic terrorism and repeated calls to arms against the U.S. government. It called him a growing threat of political violence.

<Snip>

Tuesday afternoon, the House made those documents public. You can read them here.
The Shea document dump is pretty revealing. I thought I knew a lot about the refuge takeover, having lived in Eastern Oregon, meeting some that supported the takeover and following it in the media and here on TFB.

But I never knew about Ryan Payne meeting Sheriff Ward's second in command to try and convince him to remove Sheriff Ward from office (because he refused to cooperate with Bundy et al), up to the point of trying to convince him that Sheriff Ward should be killed if he refused to vacate his position as sheriff.

And all of the Operation Mutual Defense (OMD) telephonic meeting transcripts about proposals like utter the insanity of seizing and occupying the Harney County Courthouse then holding it until the Hammonds were released from prison (later discarded in favor of the Malheur Refuge takeover), the unrelated kidnapping, interrogation & (arguably to them) torture of refugees from Syria because of their Muslim faith, and so much more. All of that, and more, is here:

http://leg.wa.gov/House/InvestigationRe ... %20KDL.pdf

Meanwhile, I recall Ammo and other propaganda mouthpieces like Gary Hunt of Operation Mutual Defense (OMD) telling the world that they were non-violent and engaged in a peaceful protest in taking the refuge over, etc. Liars unleashing their own brand of tyranny, intimidation & cruelty on a community that largely dared exercise their own freedom not to give in; how dare they! :shock:

Some of these extremist folks seem to get so caught up in their fantasies that they come to believe that enough of a majority of people will join them, and act accordingly. Like they are wearing blinders. And then very bad things can happen.
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I had seen some of the stuff about the OMD crap and Payne's threats before but nice that is all in one place. One of the occupiers was convicted on unrelated charges today. I don't know the backstory on his charges.

Sterngard Friegen

Indigo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:06 pm
GlimDropper wrote:
KXLY Link:

But I never knew about Ryan Payne meeting Sheriff Ward's second in command to try and convince him to remove Sheriff Ward from office (because he refused to cooperate with Bundy et al), up to the point of trying to convince him that Sheriff Ward should be killed if he refused to vacate his position as sheriff.
Can you please tell me what document(s) would support that?

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:07 pm
Indigo wrote:
GlimDropper wrote:
KXLY Link:
Can you please tell me what document(s) would support that?
Certainly. Supplemental Report of Harney County Sheriff's Office Lt Brian Needham, Incident #1512255.

Per Lt Needham's report, the meeting between Payne and himself took place on December 7, 2015 and occurred when Payne showed up at the Sheriff's Office looking for Sheriff Ward. As the sheriff was out, Lt Needham met with him.

The report reads in part, "...Mr. Payne continued by telling me that if Sheriff Ward would not protect the Hammonds and kick the United States Government out of Harney County then it was my duty to take over and oust Sheriff Ward from office by any means needed" and "...Mr. Payne began to become upset and told me again that Sheriff Ward was unconstitutional and that it was my duty to remove Sheriff Ward from office by any means, including but not limited to, death."

Lt Needham's report is at the same link I added to my earlier post above but for convenience sake I will repeat it here:

http://leg.wa.gov/House/InvestigationRe ... %20KDL.pdf

That report is Page 35 of the linked PDF document.
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Indigo wrote:

Some of these extremist folks seem to get so caught up in their fantasies that they come to believe that enough of a majority of people will join them, and act accordingly. Like they are wearing blinders. And then very bad things can happen.
Like they have their heads under a tarp or something....

Sterngard Friegen

Thank you, Indigo.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Chilidog wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:33 am
Indigo wrote:

Like they have their heads under a tarp or something....
Yes. A blue tarp. But only the patriot approved variety. Proceeds (minuscule to increase the grift going into their pockets) from every sale to be donated to the Indigent Patriot Dildo Fund because an ass is a terrible thing to waste. :dance:

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 am
Thank you, Indigo.
You're welcome. :)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Indigo wrote:
The Shea document dump is pretty revealing. I thought I knew a lot about the refuge takeover, having lived in Eastern Oregon, meeting some that supported the takeover and following it in the media and here on TFB.

I remember that but now I couldn't tell you where I saw it . . . the paper, the trial, Peter Walker . . . but I recall that set me over the edge as to what I thought of these guys before I found out even more about them

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Speaking of Peter Walker, is he no longer on Facebook?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:44 pm
Speaking of Peter Walker, is he no longer on Facebook?
Seems to be gone - I hadn't checked it for a few months.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”