SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17701

Post by RVInit » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:53 pm

Mr. Gneiss wrote:This opinion piece is in today's Denver Post.
The Malheur occupation continues in a new form

Also found here.
Eastern Oregonian: The Malheur occupation continues in a new form
Steve Herman is a contributor to Writers on the Range, the opinion service of High Country News. He is an emeritus member of the faculty at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
I have my fingers crossed that this is only because they want to let more time pass before taking the risk of exposing employees to anyone who might be fired up by the Bundy thugs. I lived this kind of thing, that is what brought me to the Bundy story. Those kind of people are all over the place and willing to do some pretty scary things. Kind of like how I felt about the Finicum trash pile. I would have left it alone for months and then slowly removed things one by one instead of tearing it down immediately while the loonies were still around in any numbers. That may be the thinking as far as sending people back to the Malheur offices, I don't know. But it would be my inclination not to get into a hurry. Waiting until the right time turned out to the right approach to getting the leaders into custody all in one fell swoop and another big bonus when Cliven got all full of himself to travel by plane where he couldn't take his armed guards. Once the Oregon trial is over Nevada will become the big news and perhaps the Malheur refuge can return to some kind of normal once it isn't the main focus. But right now with a trial looming in Oregon, it still is the main focus of the Bundy supporters as far as who the "enemy" is. And as some of those people start testifying at trial it may be more and more likely that they will become targets.


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Burn'em Down
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17702

Post by Burn'em Down » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:04 am

RVInit wrote:
Mr. Gneiss wrote:This opinion piece is in today's Denver Post.
The Malheur occupation continues in a new form

Also found here.
Eastern Oregonian: The Malheur occupation continues in a new form
Steve Herman is a contributor to Writers on the Range, the opinion service of High Country News. He is an emeritus member of the faculty at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
I have my fingers crossed that this is only because they want to let more time pass before taking the risk of exposing employees to anyone who might be fired up by the Bundy thugs. I lived this kind of thing, that is what brought me to the Bundy story. Those kind of people are all over the place and willing to do some pretty scary things. Kind of like how I felt about the Finicum trash pile. I would have left it alone for months and then slowly removed things one by one instead of tearing it down immediately while the loonies were still around in any numbers. That may be the thinking as far as sending people back to the Malheur offices, I don't know. But it would be my inclination not to get into a hurry. Waiting until the right time turned out to the right approach to getting the leaders into custody all in one fell swoop and another big bonus when Cliven got all full of himself to travel by plane where he couldn't take his armed guards. Once the Oregon trial is over Nevada will become the big news and perhaps the Malheur refuge can return to some kind of normal once it isn't the main focus. But right now with a trial looming in Oregon, it still is the main focus of the Bundy supporters as far as who the "enemy" is. And as some of those people start testifying at trial it may be more and more likely that they will become targets.
RV if you used to be USFWS do you remember how efn long contracting takes on a expensive project? My guess would be thatbisnthe holdup.



User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 10880
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17703

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:14 am

I suspect that until the OR trial is over with the refuge will probably be closed to the public as a safety precaution to it and the employees. There are altogether too many stupid people converging on OR right now to not take that in to consideration.


The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
TollandRCR
Posts: 20731
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17704

Post by TollandRCR » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:31 am

I think the Refuge needs some time to recover from its uncouth occupiers. So do the people who work there.


“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

User avatar
HilltownGrrl
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: WMass
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17705

Post by HilltownGrrl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:50 pm

RVInit wrote:
Mr. Gneiss wrote:This opinion piece is in today's Denver Post.
The Malheur occupation continues in a new form

Also found here.
Eastern Oregonian: The Malheur occupation continues in a new form
Steve Herman is a contributor to Writers on the Range, the opinion service of High Country News. He is an emeritus member of the faculty at Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
Well, that was a depressing read. I do hope you're right, RVInit, & that this will open in good shape when the trials are over.

And hi from a newbie in WMass! I've been following this story since the beginning & oddly :-D I don't know a soul who knows anything about it so I am very, very glad to have found all of you. It's been a bit lonely obsessing about all of this all alone...



User avatar
RVInit
Posts: 7435
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17706

Post by RVInit » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:58 pm

HilltownGrrl wrote:
Well, that was a depressing read. I do hope you're right, RVInit, & that this will open in good shape when the trials are over.

And hi from a newbie in WMass! I've been following this story since the beginning & oddly :-D I don't know a soul who knows anything about it so I am very, very glad to have found all of you. It's been a bit lonely obsessing about all of this all alone...[/quote]

Welcome. We are from all walks of life, many attorneys here to share their insights, but also others who also have a very impressive knowledge base in their fields as well. You will enjoy interacting with this group. I've learned a lot from "the Boogle". :dance:


"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 12629
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17707

Post by Dolly » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome to The Fogbow, HilltownGrrl :wave:

We are happy that you joined us. Enjoy!
HilltownGrrl wrote: And hi from a newbie in WMass! I've been following this story since the beginning & oddly :-D I don't know a soul who knows anything about it so I am very, very glad to have found all of you. It's been a bit lonely obsessing about all of this all alone...


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 27131
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17708

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 pm

RVInit wrote:... "the Boogle". :dance:
It's a collective noun, like a pod of whales or a murder of crows. A birther bestowed it upon us, and it's short for 'a boogle of weasels'.

So we adopted it. :lol:
Edit: P.S. Welcome, Hilltown Grrl!


Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

User avatar
HilltownGrrl
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: WMass
Occupation: Researcher (for a non-fiction author); local child-wrangler; thread killer; piler of things on other things

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17709

Post by HilltownGrrl » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Thank you one & all for the welcome! I've lurked here off & on during the last few months but with the trial approaching, I finally joined. I'm doing my best to catch up with the Oregon Trial thread - I've read from 1-279 & am still plugging away (I'm a nerd & a researcher so I *must* read it all chronologically :lol: ). Of course, I'm also reading all the new posts, too, or I'd miss all the new good stuff!


Image

User avatar
Whatever4
Posts: 11615
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 am
Location: Mainely in the plain
Occupation: Visiting doctors.

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17710

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:21 am

And this, FogBowsers, is why we insist on thread integrity. Because new peeps actually go back and read them.

Welcome from Boston.

Obligatory thread reference:

I'm wrapped up in the poetry of Anthony McCannthe's essay Malheur, Part I: Sovereign Feelings in the LA Review of Books. Very evocative of place and history, rich wordsmithing. A view only time and talent could produce. Take that, Twitter. :boxing:

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/malheur-part-i/


"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

chancery
Posts: 1599
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17711

Post by chancery » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:34 am

You beat me to it. Second part here. https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/mal ... rt-ii-not/



User avatar
Patagoniagirl
Posts: 3648
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17712

Post by Patagoniagirl » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:44 am

Whatever4 wrote:And this, FogBowsers, is why we insist on thread integrity. Because new peeps actually go back and read them.

Welcome from Boston.

Obligatory thread reference:

I'm wrapped up in the poetry of Anthony McCannthe's essay Malheur, Part I: Sovereign Feelings in the LA Review of Books. Very evocative of place and history, rich wordsmithing. A view only time and talent could produce. Take that, Twitter. :boxing:

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/malheur-part-i/
I stumbled on this via my Facebook feed and am struggling to find the words to describe the depth of emotions it evoked.



User avatar
Dolly
Posts: 12629
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17713

Post by Dolly » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 pm

The Oath (with Chastity)
13 hrs ·
Morgan Spurlock to Tackle Right-Wing "Patriot" Doc on Oregon Siege (Exclusive)
Excerpt:
"Directed by David Byars ('Self Storage'), the untitled film offers unfettered access into the 2016 occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and subsequent siege that sparked international headlines.

Morgan Spurlock is set to tackle the so-called "Patriot" movement for an untitled documentary that he will produce for Spotlight financier First Look Media.

David Byars (Self Storage), who shot the film and is directing, went inside the 2016 occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon during the siege that sparked international headlines.

The doc is said to offer unfettered access to the armed protest led by Ammon Bundy, the son of the defiant leader of the anti-federal lands movement Cliven Bundy. With an insider’s view of a new breed of American ideologues, the film delves into the dramatic rise and inner workings of the movement and gives audiences an unprecedented first-hand look into the occupiers’ beliefs by living amongst them and giving them a voice"

To read full article click link below:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/m ... doc-926767
~Chastity


comments at the post:

Rita Ramone I wonder if this is what those "talent" contracts , signed by final 4 during last days of stand-off , were all about.

Judy Lee I hope he delves into the corruption of the BLM, too, and the surrounding politicians. Of course he'd probably be murdered too right?

The Oath I do not see this as a good thing.
~Chastity

Judy Lee :( Many didn't sign those papers, as far as I saw.

Judy Lee So you think he is going to stab Americans in the back, and that he is chosing everything unflattering he can?

Rene Powers Judy Lee Ammon signed them...as did most..just FYI...the last 4 signed as they played out the final days of their stand off and have the husband and wife believing they'd be movie stars...but hey, follow the circus and maybe buy some cotton candy as the release is going to be very hard to watch i'm afraid as the Feds did all they could to paint the Patriots as crazy and if these guys really want to sell their work it will have to be sensationalized, because the truth won't sell.


Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

User avatar
Da Funky Maoist
Posts: 282
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:54 am

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17714

Post by Da Funky Maoist » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:40 am

Have any of those supposed contracts ever been made public?


"You liked Rashomon."
"That's not how I remember it."

User avatar
Foggy
Posts: 27131
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:00 pm
Location: Fogbow HQ
Occupation: Dick Tater

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17715

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:04 am

I think they were standard releases, allowing the filmmaker to publish people's faces. Which is more than Santilli ever did.


Mr. William L. Bryan is the root of a great deal of criminal mischief. And yet, Mr. Bryan remains at large.

User avatar
Volkonski
Posts: 18871
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Texas Gulf Coast and North Fork of Long Island
Occupation: Retired Mechanical Engineer

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17716

Post by Volkonski » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:13 am

Is Smokey the Bear endorsing the Sheriff of Harney County? :-D
Public Land Lover ‏@publiclandlvr · 8h8 hours ago

Missed seeing @smokey_bear at @WAStateFair today, but he had a good excuse... Nice #smokeybearhug, @HarneyCoSheriff!

Image


Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

User avatar
Burn'em Down
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17717

Post by Burn'em Down » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Volkonski wrote:Is Smokey the Bear endorsing the Sheriff of Harney County? :-D
Public Land Lover ‏@publiclandlvr · 8h8 hours ago

Missed seeing @smokey_bear at @WAStateFair today, but he had a good excuse... Nice #smokeybearhug, @HarneyCoSheriff!

Image
it's "Smokey Bear" no "the". And hell yes, Smokey (and a great # of the USFS employees in Harney county) support Sheriff Ward. Smokey IS a bear and doesn't want a constitutional sheriff (Johnson) promoting unregulated logging. Looking at you "sheriff" Palmer.



Jerry Mander
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17718

Post by Jerry Mander » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Well it looks like only 15 people showed up for the 'Portland March Around Jericho's Walls', an event that is supposed to go on for a week, starting today. It involves 'patriots' marching around the Portland jail. Expect some shofar action, to bring them walls down!

Here is some more boo-hoo & woe is us from Lindsay, regarding the poorly-attended 'Jericho' march and Joe Robertson. Note: At the 3:15 mark, she addresses the 'dwindling' attendance at potatriot events. They need 'hundreds' of people to show up! Come on now, Lindsay. These events hardly attract anyone, ever. They never have.

https://www.facebook.com/lindsay.brewst ... 870881242/



Jerry Mander
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17719

Post by Jerry Mander » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Da Funky Maoist wrote:Have any of those supposed contracts ever been made public?
I believe the final four people at the refuge signed releases. I believe Ammon did as well. I wonder if this is the production company that Ammon referred to as being fed plants just a few weeks ago? Regardless, I doubt this film will be referring to anyone as 'political prisoners'.



boots
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17720

Post by boots » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:53 pm

It would be just like a sovrun to sign those agreements with the idea in mind that they are going to be the subjects of a wholly flattering praise piece which depicts them as the new American heroes, leading to their lionization for generations of future Americans, much like the founding fathers are for our generation today. That would display the same sort of un-self-aware myopia that they display when they watch a youtube video on pseudo legal nonsense, buy it hook, line, and sinker, and run off to court expecting to win their monumental, nationally televised trial, victorious against the forces of tyranny, over an unwanted traffic ticket.



Jerry Mander
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17721

Post by Jerry Mander » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:13 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:It would be just like a sovrun to sign those agreements with the idea in mind that they are going to be the subjects of a wholly flattering praise piece which depicts them as the new American heroes, leading to their lionization for generations of future Americans, much like the founding fathers are for our generation today. That would display the same sort of un-self-aware myopia that they display when they watch a youtube video on pseudo legal nonsense, buy it hook, line, and sinker, and run off to court expecting to win their monumental, nationally televised trial, victorious against the forces of tyranny, over an unwanted traffic ticket.
Yes, preparations are already underway to carve all of their skeevy likenesses into Mt. Rushmore.



HumbleScribe
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: Zzyzx Road
Occupation: Green eye-shade wearing bean counter

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17722

Post by HumbleScribe » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Techno Luddite wrote:It would be just like a sovrun to sign those agreements with the idea in mind that they are going to be the subjects of a wholly flattering praise piece which depicts them as the new American heroes, leading to their lionization for generations of future Americans, much like the founding fathers are for our generation today. That would display the same sort of un-self-aware myopia that they display when they watch a youtube video on pseudo legal nonsense, buy it hook, line, and sinker, and run off to court expecting to win their monumental, nationally televised trial, victorious against the forces of tyranny, over an unwanted traffic ticket.
Yes, preparations are already underway to carve all of their skeevy likenesses into Mt. Rushmore.
Actually, it is my understanding from a reliable, unnamed source that if Drumpf becomes President, that Congress will authorize the Bureau of Printing and Engraving to come up with the $3 bill. Ammon Bundy's likeness will be on the face of the bill, with the reverse side of the bill depicting a composite of all defendants in the MNWR occupation. Perfect for procuring French Vanilla creamer, and two of 'em will getcha a can of Copenhagen or a pack of cheap smokes.



User avatar
GreatGrey
Posts: 9570
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:06 am
Location: Living in the Anthropocene

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17723

Post by GreatGrey » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Have the Bundyites been riding on Southwest Airlines, they left something behind.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/ant ... n/4250712/

Anti-wrinkle device, sure....


I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

User avatar
YellowMustard
Posts: 780
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17724

Post by YellowMustard » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:58 pm

Jerry Mander wrote:
Techno Luddite wrote:It would be just like a sovrun to sign those agreements with the idea in mind that they are going to be the subjects of a wholly flattering praise piece which depicts them as the new American heroes, leading to their lionization for generations of future Americans, much like the founding fathers are for our generation today. That would display the same sort of un-self-aware myopia that they display when they watch a youtube video on pseudo legal nonsense, buy it hook, line, and sinker, and run off to court expecting to win their monumental, nationally televised trial, victorious against the forces of tyranny, over an unwanted traffic ticket.
Yes, preparations are already underway to carve all of their skeevy likenesses into Mt. Rushmore.
On the back side?


----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w

User avatar
GlimDropper
Posts: 1392
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

#17725

Post by GlimDropper » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:42 pm

I kinda wonder, are the poots looking at the Dakota Access oil pipeline protests and asking themselves anything? None of the media coverage I've seen painted the protestors there as heavily armed or even potentially violent really, of course the whole no one here is armed to the teeth and in full battle rattle thing is sorta helped. The Departments of Justice and the Interior stepping in to at least temporarily halt the project and right on the heels of a court decision which failed to do the same might feel like a slap in the face to the poots efforts to get a redress of grievances over the Hammonds, of course the whole no one here filed a pile of sovcit gibberish thing kinda worked in the Standing Rock Sioux's favor as well.

I guess I'm more confident in there being a lesson of some sort here than I am of the poots ability to learn something from it.



Post Reply

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”