SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

SueDB

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Post by SueDB »

woodworker wrote:
jtmunkus wrote:
Cato wrote:Can anyone identify our little martyr?

I'll take #85.

Double aught, obviously.
Good ole Double Aught
Number 00 Jim Otto - Former Star Center for the Oakland Raiders
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Cato

Post by Cato »

And the winner of the 1st annual "can you identify the future (alleged) felon" contest is:

Sterngard-who correctly identified Robert Lavoy Fincum in four-aught minutes! Congrats!

The authors of the Constitution did not have the Constitutional authority to write the Constitution, therefore the Constitution is unconstitutional. And I can do what I want.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Cheri Roberts has listed 94 items of interest from the Deschutes Sheriff's reports.

https://challengingtherhetoric.wordpres ... -finnicum/

PG 323: Finicum’s vehicle stopped 100 yards North of Joaquin Mile Horse Camp.
In the Google Maps photo below the green sign on the right is for the entrance to the Joaquin Mile Camp which is on the left. The oncoming car in the left lane is about where the roadblock was located. Looks to me that there was sufficient stopping distance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.8251469 ... !1e1?hl=en

Google Maps gives the distance from Joaquin Mile Camp to John Day as 51 driving miles. LaVoy's estimate was very good. Joaquin Mile Camp is about 10.8 driving miles from the Grant County Line.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Cato

Post by Cato »

Google Maps gives the distance from Joaquin Mile Camp to John Day as 51 driving miles. LaVoy's estimate was very good. Joaquin Mile Camp is about 10.8 driving miles from the Grant County Line.

Only 10.8 miles to liberty, freedom and salvation in the open arms of Shurf Palmer....
The authors of the Constitution did not have the Constitutional authority to write the Constitution, therefore the Constitution is unconstitutional. And I can do what I want.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Who were the witnesses who refused to back off as requested? One of them had a 'horse trailer'. Statements were taken from them.

(I am a bit surprised to see that there was no unit keeping the public back while the arrests were being made. I know they were trying to keep it low key, but that seems a bit dangerous not to cover one's rear).

What happened to Ryan Bundy's phone? Was anything being recorded, and what did it show?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Cato wrote:

Only 10.8 miles to liberty, freedom and salvation in the open arms of Shurf Palmer....
Except that the Sheriff himself was then in John Day. ;)

Once it gets into Grant County US 395 has a number of hairpin turns. Had he reached there I think that LaVoy would have lost control and driven off of the road in his haste.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander »

Cato wrote:And the winner of the 1st annual "can you identify the future (alleged) felon" contest is:

Sterngard-who correctly identified Robert Lavoy Fincum in four-aught minutes! Congrats!

I thought I recognized that otherwise unremarkable asshole (coroner's report joke, sorry).

Jerry Mander

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Azastan wrote:Who were the witnesses who refused to back off as requested? One of them had a 'horse trailer'. Statements were taken from them.

(I am a bit surprised to see that there was no unit keeping the public back while the arrests were being made. I know they were trying to keep it low key, but that seems a bit dangerous not to cover one's rear).

What happened to Ryan Bundy's phone? Was anything being recorded, and what did it show?
Is that the man and his son who were on the way to CA?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

28.PG 162: Officer #4 says a couple FBI agents moved up into tress the AFTER Finicum was shot while other 3 were refusing to exit vehicle.
Not only do I not think that's accurate, I don't think that's what the report says either.
At that point, they hadn't been told by the cops to exit the vehicle, and the guy testifying (or whatever it's called for the report) simply says nobody was getting out of the vehicle at that point.

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Flatpointhigh wrote:So, it seems that Finicum was the Sacred Sacrifice
I suspect next year the crops will fail again, and no less than Cliven Bundy himself will have to face the Wicker Man.

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Anybody else find the transcriptions of some of the officers irritatingly difficult to read with every syllable, stutter and cough of all parties painstakingly memorialized? Especially of the officers who didn't notice things, couldn't recall things, etc?

A long time ago, I was temporarily hired to transcribe tapes of multiple legislative hearings for the Oregon Department of Forestry. I'd never done anything like that and produced seems like hundreds of pages like that and worse.

I was unable to listen, and get the utterances on paper in the clean English version without all the "ah", "uh" "cough", and stuttering or sentences changed mid-utterance and these have been a painful, irritating reminder.

:brickwallsmall: :madguy:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Plutodog wrote:Anybody else find the transcriptions of some of the officers irritatingly difficult to read with every syllable, stutter and cough of all parties painstakingly memorialized? Especially of the officers who didn't notice things, couldn't recall things, etc?

A long time ago, I was temporarily hired to transcribe tapes of multiple legislative hearings for the Oregon Department of Forestry. I'd never done anything like that and produced seems like hundreds of pages like that and worse.

I was unable to listen, and get the utterances on paper in the clean English version without all the "ah", "uh" "cough", and stuttering or sentences changed mid-utterance and these have been a painful, irritating reminder.

Apparently the legal verbatim style does indeed call for all the ah, uh, cough, and stutters (unless it's a stutter by someone who is known to stutter, and then that is cleaned up).

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

PatGund wrote:
Flatpointhigh wrote:So, it seems that Finicum was the Sacred Sacrifice
I suspect next year the crops will fail again, and no less than Cliven Bundy himself will have to face the Wicker Man.
He isn't acceptable. He's impure.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Azastan wrote:Who were the witnesses who refused to back off as requested? One of them had a 'horse trailer'. Statements were taken from them.

IIRC, somebody who was on that road and stopped to watch made a cellphone recording of what was going on after they'd stopped to watch, and put the recording online. I think we had a link to it here. But it didn't really show all that much.
I've heard this bull before.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

DejaMoo wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:IIRC, somebody who was on that road and stopped to watch made a cellphone recording of what was going on after they'd stopped to watch, and put the recording online. I think we had a link to it here. But it didn't really show all that much.
Yes, I recall that video.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Azastan wrote:
Plutodog wrote:Anybody else find the transcriptions of some of the officers irritatingly difficult to read with every syllable, stutter and cough of all parties painstakingly memorialized? Especially of the officers who didn't notice things, couldn't recall things, etc?

Apparently the legal verbatim style does indeed call for all the ah, uh, cough, and stutters (unless it's a stutter by someone who is known to stutter, and then that is cleaned up).
No, I don't think so. Not like that. And it was pretty much one interviewer, one transcriber doing it like that.

YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

This was most annoyin' ta me
snap30.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Plutodog wrote: No, I don't think so. Not like that. And it was pretty much one interviewer, one transcriber doing it like that.
Difference in style? I was intrigued, so did a bit of research (which could be wrong, obviously):

'"Transcription Styles

Speech is often "messy", sometimes filled with ums, uhs, idiomatic noise expressions like "you know", false starts, incomplete sentences, and poor grammar. Depending on the end use of a transcript, you may or may not want these things to make it into the transcript. For this reason, there are several styles of transcription to fit your needs.

Below is a table showing the four styles of transcription. Following the table are explanations of what it all means.

Legal verbatim and true verbatim styles are the same thing. They are most often used in a legal setting where every nuance of what someone says is recorded, exactly as recorded. True verbatim is also used for psychological interviews and sometimes by insurance companies. It is not generally used outside of those settings.

Normal transcription style omit ums and uhs, false sentence starts, and nervous stuttering. Idiomatic noise words like you know, well, so, and such, as well as poor grammar and word usage are transcribed.

Corporate style is like normal style but noise words are omitted unless they are important to the meaning or tone of a sentence.

Abridged style, sometimes called intelligent transcription involves more editing where the text is "cleaned up." One can think of an abridged transcription as text that is ready for publication in a magazine. "

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Whip

Post by Whip »

Volkonski wrote:Cheri Roberts has listed 94 items of interest from the Deschutes Sheriff's reports.

https://challengingtherhetoric.wordpres ... -finnicum/

PG 323: Finicum’s vehicle stopped 100 yards North of Joaquin Mile Horse Camp.
In the Google Maps photo below the green sign on the right is for the entrance to the Joaquin Mile Camp which is on the left. The oncoming car in the left lane is about where the roadblock was located. Looks to me that there was sufficient stopping distance.

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.8251469 ... !1e1?hl=en

bottom line is, he had more than pleeeeeeeeenty of time to stop again..............................as he was fucking stopped to begin with the first time!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

You know, we DO have transcription professionals in the Boogle.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot »

That's crazy talk!
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Whip

Post by Whip »

DejaMoo wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:

IIRC, somebody who was on that road and stopped to watch made a cellphone recording of what was going on after they'd stopped to watch, and put the recording online. I think we had a link to it here. But it didn't really show all that much.
They didn't actually put any recording up though did they? I remember them being interviewed by a TV station like they were somehow in the know, had this alleged video, but for some reason couldn't produce it at the time. I thought it odd the TV station didn't have a copy to show as they did the interview. It turns out they were only attention whores really.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

OK, so I buy that more literal transcription's not unknown. But from what I can tell, there were four interview teams with the transcriptions of Officers 1 and 2 done at OSP that were, for me easier to read.

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”