SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Foggy

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Post by Foggy »

I was very impressed by Dave Ward today. He's sheriff of a really small county. He's not big-city folks, like me. For all we know, he's never seen a shooting death before. Nobody was up there celebrating the death of Finicum, and that's how it should be.

I think he genuinely, honestly, fervently wanted this thing to end without bloodshed. LaVoy Finicum made that impossible, but that's what Dave Ward really wanted. So yes, I think he's upset that anyone died, That isn't how it was supposed to end.

I was also proud of him for saying "this can't keep happening in this country".as well as in his county. He does have some grasp of the big picture.

I still don't see how the idea that Finicum was "on his knees with his hands up" is something any of the hatriots want to promote. That would make him a coward. All us tough guys know, you don't die on your knees, you either escape or you die trying to fight back, and I believe he really DID die trying to fight back, after trying to escape didn't work.

If I was a member of the Finicum family, I'd be on a crusade right now to say my dad didn't die on his knees with his hands up, but that's just me. .
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

orpiment

Post by orpiment »

RoadScholar wrote:
orpiment wrote: :snippity: Every time a new animal gets listed or new environmental protections go into place, it temporarily spikes, then goes back to it's normal simmer.
And lots of white folks back east didn't like the federal government telling them they needed to open their businesses to blacks & now gay folks... pot growers don't like it that the feds still consider weed an illegal substance... and I didn't want Bush to attack Iraq. I could go on. The point is, none of those things should prompt armed insurrection.

You protest. You petition your local representatives. You start blogs. You do not aim sniper rifles at police. :evil:
Oh trust me, I'm not defending them. That said, in their opinion, they have been (note the number of RWNJ elected officials that keep trying to get federal lands under state control) but the <insert inflammatory description of anyone not as conservative as they are here> are ruining it.
Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long way ~ Chris Lowe

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

I think the sheriff has done a great job in a very difficult situation.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Suranis wrote:Some guy is calling someone else to see if he can pick up his dogs. says he will leave them at the roadblock. Then says they are gonna kill us like they did Lavoy, did you hear about that?.. "YOU WERE THERE???"

He then gets the story and says "well he wouldn't have done that and we know that..."

Then its a pretty confused conversation and I didn't catch all of it. Sorry
He doesn't believe that Lavoy charged the LEO. They keep saying that it's all different now that the LEO fired the first shot. It's the rules of the game. They were peaceful until fired on by the enemy. Now, they have no choice. It's all about belief systems they have bought into.

But it cannot be that LaVoy was the one to break the peace!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

TollandRCR wrote:I value any law enforcement officer who regrets taking the life of a citizen.
Agreed. We need more of these, and that means we all need to start seeing each other as people instead of potential threats.

This whole country needs moar Valium.
I've heard this bull before.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

It sounds like the feds aren't going to bring charges against anyone else if they leave now. That's too bad. If the ones left don't take advantage of this golden bridge they are imbeciles. If they stay they are either going to die or go to jail.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

PNW

Post by PNW »

I agree with you guys. Sheriff had/has a tough job and is doing it well.

Good that he was upset it could not end peacefully. Also good that he said it was wrong and had to end.

He has to live with all this when all the out-of-town LE are gone.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Incoming copter!

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Reality Check wrote:It sounds like the feds aren't going to bring charges against anyone else if they leave now. That's too bad. If the ones left don't take advantage of this golden bridge they are imbeciles. If they stay they are either going to die or go to jail.
On the one hand, I agree with you and hope that they'll at least pick these people up at their convenience in the coming weeks.

On the other hand, what better refutation of the claimed "tyrannical government" than having those who participated in an armed rebellion given the opportunity to leave peacefully and not face punishment?

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Light helicopter went by... Take cover!!!

Start the earthmover!
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

The feds are checking,identifying and searching everyone who leaves. There is still an investigation going on despite having the ringleaders in custody. They know where to find the others if they feel the need to add more charges later. The main thing now is to break the occupation, restore order and give the holdouts a chance to come out and surrender. They are more likely to do so if the people leaving are not taken into custody just now.

June bug

Post by June bug »

PNW wrote:I agree with you guys. Sheriff had/has a tough job and is doing it well.

Good that he was upset it could not end peacefully. Also good that he said it was wrong and had to end.
He has to live with all this when all the out-of-town LE are gone.
Agreed, PNW. He and the whole town have to live with all this and I don't envy them the task.

I do, however, wish them godspeed with it.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

I have to say, the chat on the live feed video is pretty amusing. :lol: If you can manage to speed read.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

realist

Post by realist »

Get a ticket on a reservation and where do you pay it? - Federal Court.
If you pay it, perhaps.

At least on the Navajo res, they have no way of enforcing payment from a non-tribalmember. What they will do, however, if it's not paid, is report the nonpayment to the credit bureaus, hurting your credit. So they do get their pound of flesh, one way or another.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Jim

Post by Jim »

PNW wrote:He has to live with all this when all the out-of-town LE are gone.
I imagine the FBI will be sending help for the community in the healing.

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus »

Reality Check wrote:It sounds like the feds aren't going to bring charges against anyone else if they leave now. That's too bad. If the ones left don't take advantage of this golden bridge they are imbeciles. If they stay they are either going to die or go to jail.
Au contraire, my good man.

All participants have to check out peacefully at the gate, with valid ID.

And, may I remind you, FBI called Ritzheimer in Arizona and told him to turn himself in or things would get ugly. There will be prosecutions.

:fingerwag:

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

This reminds me of watching a white Bronco travel endlessly down a freeway. Only we are staring at a sagebrush hillside in east Oregon.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

From the chat with the shot of hills and the chopper:
This is the most boring episode of MASH I've ever seen
:lol:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

BillTheCat wrote:From the chat with the shot of hills and the chopper:
This is the most boring episode of MASH I've ever seen
:lol:
lol WKRP turkey drop

L00Kit

Post by L00Kit »

BillTheCat wrote:I have to say, the chat on the live feed video is pretty amusing. :lol: If you can manage to speed read.
"Apocalypse Cow!"

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy »

DejaMoo wrote:
John Sepulvado ‏@JohnLGC 2m2 minutes ago Burns, OR
what is now an absolute side note - the citizens/common law grand jury is NOT proceeding - key member left refuge after Bundy arrest.
Who left? Did I miss something?
Birfers are toast

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

realist wrote:
Get a ticket on a reservation and where do you pay it? - Federal Court.
If you pay it, perhaps.

At least on the Navajo res, they have no way of enforcing payment from a non-tribalmember. What they will do, however, if it's not paid, is report the nonpayment to the credit bureaus, hurting your credit. So they do get their pound of flesh, one way or another.
In Washington they sure do.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That Chopper is flying around in the distance. They see a camera on a stick. TYRANNY!!!

These idiots have to be sleep deprived at this stage
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

There's the helicopter... everybody wave!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Piskey

Post by Piskey »

Kriselda Gray wrote:
gatsby wrote:Sheriff seems emotional about death of a terrorist.
Maybe he's emotional about the death of a person. Plus it happened on his watch, ending any chance for a peaceful outcome.

Finicum may have been a terrorist, but he was still a human being, and even if he deserved what he got, it can be upsetting to people who've gotten to know him.
:yeah:

Also the guy's exhausted

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”