SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Suranis

Re: SovCits forcibly occupy Malheur Wildlife Refuge

Post by Suranis »

Stream has stopped. I'll keep trying on it and will post a link if it comes back

*edit*
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

George, reporter from the Oregonian, reporting on the town hall last night that went on after Bundy's were arrested. Majority of feelings expressed in the meeting was against federal government. Half of room was pro-militia, the anti-militia group towards the back. Their sheriff was seen by counter-protesters as sympathetic towards the militant's cause. Question: is opposition to fed gov't spreading to Grant County? Were a lot of heated opinions about federal mismanagement, people need to organize and work against that.
I've heard this bull before.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Fed Briefing Starting.

http://koin.com/koin-video-extras/
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

chancery

Post by chancery »

Two minute warning. No Q&A after the statements.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Presser live on TalkingPointsMemo:

Hasn't begun yet. :waiting:
For more information, read it again. || When science is outlawed, only outlaws will have science.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

Suranis wrote:From another forum, an interesting comment. This guy has said before that he keeps an eye on stormfront like websites
and that nearly all of them bugging out after yesterday's arrests was part of a plan.
Sure it was. Sure it was. :roll:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

FBI Agent in charge chatting now.
US Attorney next then...
The good old sheriff of Harney County.

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus »

L00Kit wrote:.
LOOK AT ME SAVIN' THE CRAP OUT OF AMERICA!!

Oh and send bail money, kthxbai.

Now who's going to fight the Mooslem insurgency in Phoenix??!

:boxing:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Presser: FBI and partnering state federal and local agencies have had deliberate and measured response. Worked diligently to bring to a peaceful end. Ongoing investigation, so still can't give specifics at this time. Illegal occupation continuing, though given ample opportunities to leave peacefully. As outsiders to Oregon given opportunities to return to their families and use regular legal process to work through their grievances. Instead, chose to stay and bring consequences upon themselves.

Yesterday LE took first step to end this situation. Continue to work to empty the refuge, and remove occupants in the safest way possible. Eight people arrested, one died, ongoing investigation means can't comment on specifics. Asking for patience as investigation goes on. Medical Examiner's office will release identity of deceadent in time, at which point LE can discuss details of incident.

Emphasize: It's the militant's responsibility for all of this. Actions are not without consequences. Remaining militants free to leave after contacting negotiators using phone numbers provided to them.
I've heard this bull before.

WithRespect

Post by WithRespect »

Heres an old feed, when it got interesting :

Skip to 7:09 for the news about the Navy SEALS parachuting in soon... :popcorn: :popcorn:

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Those boys should be glad that there was a boatload of contributions. They way they are smoking though, they are gonna run outta smokes quickly.

Randomeis

Post by Randomeis »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Stream of boredom is back
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

US Attorney mentions Tribal Police - mebbe an investigation into those rumored stolen artifacts.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

Sheriff seems emotional about death of a terrorist.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

SueDB wrote:US Attorney mentions Tribal Police - mebbe an investigation into those rumored stolen artifacts.
More charges, the better.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

And....we're outta there.

Nothing really new except the active involvement of Tribal Police (standing in background).

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

gatsby wrote:Sheriff seems emotional about death of a terrorist.
I saw that too. Boo hoo? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for Finicum.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

orpiment

Post by orpiment »

DejaMoo wrote:George, reporter from the Oregonian, reporting on the town hall last night that went on after Bundy's were arrested. Majority of feelings expressed in the meeting was against federal government. Half of room was pro-militia, the anti-militia group towards the back. Their sheriff was seen by counter-protesters as sympathetic towards the militant's cause. Question: is opposition to fed gov't spreading to Grant County? Were a lot of heated opinions about federal mismanagement, people need to organize and work against that.
In my experience, the general feelings in rural E Oregon and rural S Idaho about the federal government ranges from "they don't hear us and we don't matter" into disdain and active dislike. Every time a new animal gets listed or new environmental protections go into place, it temporarily spikes, then goes back to it's normal simmer.

To clarify, this is my opinion, based on my childhood in the area, and shouldn't be considered as anything other than one (former) local's experience.
Stupidity combined with arrogance and a huge ego will get you a long way ~ Chris Lowe

chancery

Post by chancery »

All three speakers seemed as though they were sleep-deprived, especially the sheriff.

gatsby

Post by gatsby »

DejaMoo wrote:Presser: FBI and partnering state federal and local agencies have had deliberate and measured response. Worked diligently to bring to a peaceful end. Ongoing investigation, so still can't give specifics at this time. Illegal occupation continuing, though given ample opportunities to leave peacefully. As outsiders to Oregon given opportunities to return to their families and use regular legal process to work through their grievances. Instead, chose to stay and bring consequences upon themselves.

Yesterday LE took first step to end this situation. Continue to work to empty the refuge, and remove occupants in the safest way possible. Eight people arrested, one died, ongoing investigation means can't comment on specifics. Asking for patience as investigation goes on. Medical Examiner's office will release identity of deceadent in time, at which point LE can discuss details of incident.

Emphasize: It's the militant's responsibility for all of this. Actions are not without consequences. Remaining militants free to leave after contacting negotiators using phone numbers provided to them.
Excellent summary of presser. :clap:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

SueDB wrote:US Attorney mentions Tribal Police - mebbe an investigation into those rumored stolen artifacts.
Tribal Police are federal officers and, in many cases, deputized by a local Sheriff, so they may also be providing additional support to the FBI, OSP and others LEO's.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zil8bInw3hsThe moran feed is still up with the walrus and a seal pup standing guard.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Considering the tribal stuff stored at the center the Tribe definitely has a legitimate interest in this matter. Regardless, its good that they are there and involved.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

gatsby wrote:Sheriff seems emotional about death of a terrorist.
Maybe he's emotional about the death of a person. Plus it happened on his watch, ending any chance for a peaceful outcome.

Finicum may have been a terrorist, but he was still a human being, and even if he deserved what he got, it can be upsetting to people who've gotten to know him.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”