Finicum Lawsuit

NMgirl

Re: Finicum Lawsuit

Post by NMgirl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:16 pm

The Rocky Mountain Oyster season is a fun time on a ranch for the faint of heart, stomach, too, also.
Unknown.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stern: Come back. My posts are becoming sloppy and ill-thought out.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:02 pm

I hope there will be film. I am just imagining all those *cough* cowboys *cough* riding around with their selfie sticks :cantlook:

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Kendra wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:02 pm
I hope there will be film. I am just imagining all those *cough* cowboys *cough* riding around with their selfie sticks :cantlook:
... especially "Kapt" Karl Koenigs ... :rotflmao:

Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:06 pm
Kendra wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:02 pm
... especially "Kapt" Karl Koenigs ... :rotflmao:
I have avoided that topic. Too much time suck :oops:

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:59 pm

I haven't seen anything from the widder Finigone abut how much she's going to give back to her griftees if she wins her zillion-dollar lawsuit against a hundred or so defendants.

Do you suppose ......?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:51 am

Curmudgeon wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:59 pm
I haven't seen anything from the widder Finigone abut how much she's gong to give back to her griftees is she wins her zillion-dollar lawsuit against a hundred or so defendants.

Do you suppose ......?
How disrespectful while the widder wears black (looking for green)!

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:45 pm

Finicum Cowboy Experience!!

Update and random GIVEAWAY!! Jennifer Bryan

PayPal.me/thefinicumexperience

25.00 single raffle ticket or 100.00 for 5 entries

4 days and 3 nights of cowboying!

Some information and whatnot

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:28 am

Finicum Cowboy Experience!!
Pretend to be a cowboy while being a fantasist living on government money.
Update and random GIVEAWAY!! Jennifer Bryan

PayPal.me/thefinicumexperience

25.00 single raffle ticket or 100.00 for 5 entries
Ignore regualtions.
4 days and 3 nights of cowboying!
Pooting option - slap your wife about*, strut around with a gun and get yourself shot by LE.
Some information and whatnot
But not any legal stuff or all the information you might actually want to know if you were a normal person.

*wife not included.

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:26 pm

"LaVoy Finicum's Stand For Freedom" Facebook post:
"We're raffling off the Ultimate Cowboy Experience -- your chance to spend time on the range -- rustling cattle, open campfires, sleeping out under the stars -- with the Finicum Family. ENTER NOW https://bit.ly/2paD7Nc".
Rustling?

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Uninformed wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:26 pm
"We're raffling off the Ultimate Cowboy Experience -- your chance to spend time on the range -- rustling cattle, open campfires, sleeping out under the stars -- with the Finicum Family. ENTER NOW https://bit.ly/2paD7Nc".
Rustling?
They're gonna adversely possess any cattle they see, whether the cattle belong to the Finnys or no.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:18 pm

Uninformed wrote:
Rustling?
Hrm. Does make you wonder who's cattle they are planning on rustling....

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:41 pm

I would be worried about a bunch of poots having campfires. That could lead to some expensive and dangerous situations.
Where would they light them, whose land etc.?

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Uninformed wrote:
Rustling?
Claim
Use
Defend

(aka Rustle, sell, while armed)

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Dave at Sea wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:28 pm
Uninformed wrote:
Rustling?
Claim
Use
Defend

(aka Rustle, sell, while armed)
Will there also be some spalming for fun and recreation :?:

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 pm

It's closing in on three weeks since the Finny family started the Rustling Raffle. Whazzamatter? Not enough Poots can ride a horse well enough or have ever even been up on a horse? (All hat, no cattle.) Or maybe even Poots are smart enough to realize that there isn't enough grift money left after Lambo's Excellent Accident to pay the medical expenses of a crushed leg, a dislocated shoulder or a concussion?

I think I can speak for all of us on The Fogbow when I say that we're gonna be mighty disappointed if the Rustling Roundup doesn't happen. :crying:

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:57 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 pm
I think I can speak for all of us on The Fogbow when I say that we're gonna be mighty disappointed if the Rustling Roundup doesn't happen. :crying:
Snort. :cantlook:

Mr Pfister

Post by Mr Pfister » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:08 pm

NMgirl wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:51 pm
It's closing in on three weeks since the Finny family started the Rustling Raffle. Whazzamatter? Not enough Poots can ride a horse well enough or have ever even been up on a horse? (All hat, no cattle.) Or maybe even Poots are smart enough to realize that there isn't enough grift money left after Lambo's Excellent Accident to pay the medical expenses of a crushed leg, a dislocated shoulder or a concussion?

So what yer sayin is, my odds is way hiyer then I thought ?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:50 am

Uninformed wrote:
Rustling?
This was a nice part of their page.
The Finicum family reserves the right to end the raffle at any time and has exclusive decision making ability on who is able to attend the event also that each participant will need to sign a waiver in case of injury–they will be riding our horses and branding cows at their own risk.
I hope they were not expecting any actual work out of their winners. Maybe they are expecting easy money since unexperienced winners will probably be used up after 5 hours on a horse. Last time I rode (not having ridding in decades), it was only a two-hour ride and I could barely stand when I got off. Chester was nice enough to let me lean against him till I got my bearings. It was about the only time he did not pee, for which I was thankful.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:11 am

Isn't this insulting to cowboys? It takes practice and skill to ride a horse well, and I would imagine even more to ride a horse at cowboy level. They expect the "winners" to work their butts off like cowboys?

And is this how real ranches (more than 5 acres) work?

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 am

Does anyone know what is happening in the Shawna Cox/Ryan Bundy/Ryan Payne/Victoria Sharp lawsuit (3:18-cv-00165-MO) filed pro se by Cox in relation to the arrests and death of LaVoy Finicum on Jan 26th 2016? Cox and Bundy both withdrew from the case and Roger Roots is now handling it.
A hearing was held in Pendleton, Oregon (Jul 19th?). Briefly, the Judge, Patricia Sullivan, pointed out that the remaining plaintiffs had not signed the complaint and Cox, pro se, could not join other plaintiffs to the complaint. Roots was supposed to file a motion as to why the complaint should proceed by Aug 20th, with the defendants responding by Sep 4th.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:18 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:11 am
Isn't this insulting to cowboys? It takes practice and skill to ride a horse well, and I would imagine even more to ride a horse at cowboy level. They expect the "winners" to work their butts off like cowboys?

Since they mostly farmed mellons and children, maybe many of the people involved are not aware of this?

I never learned to ride western, but I can recall watching the (one) western rider at the barn and thinking 'wow, I could not just jump on a horse and do any of that'.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:04 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:11 am

I used to enjoy watching The High Chapparal in ye olde days. I was always fascinated by the easy skill with which some of the actors handled their horses (some were also actual cowboys as well as actors, others were very experienced with horses). Man and horse moved as one, and the rider barely seemed to do anything to impart his wishes. Awesome! I'd have fallen off in seconds.

The could rope steers, but I don't recall ever seeing them cast a lariat over a melon before branding it, or drive an errant child back to the water hole.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:25 am

Uninformed wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:30 am
Does anyone know what is happening in the Shawna Cox/Ryan Bundy/Ryan Payne/Victoria Sharp lawsuit (3:18-cv-00165-MO) filed pro se by Cox in relation to the arrests and death of LaVoy Finicum on Jan 26th 2016? Cox and Bundy both withdrew from the case and Roger Roots is now handling it.
A hearing was held in Pendleton, Oregon (Jul 19th?). Briefly, the Judge, Patricia Sullivan, pointed out that the remaining plaintiffs had not signed the complaint and Cox, pro se, could not join other plaintiffs to the complaint. Roots was supposed to file a motion as to why the complaint should proceed by Aug 20th, with the defendants responding by Sep 4th.
I have heard nothing and can't find it on RECAP.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks Sheriff.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:48 pm

The docket for Cox v. Astarita is now on RECAP. This entry from July 19 amused me.
MINUTES of Proceedings: Status Conference HELD Before Magistrate Judge Patricia Sullivan. Motion to Withdraw [9] is GRANTED. Pro se Plaintiffs Shawna Cox and Ryan-C:Family of Bundy are DISMISSED from this case. Motion for Leave to File Amended Complaint [11] is DENIED. Plaintiffs may file an objection by 8/20/2018. Defendants may respond to the objection by 9/4/2018. Roger I. Roots present as counsel for plaintiffs. Leah Brownlee Taylor, James Smith, Thomas Armosino present as counsel for defendants.(Court Reporter Jeannine Manny.) (dsg)
Docket is here https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/78 ... -astarita/

Return to “Bundy Ranch/Malheur NWR”