Curt Schilling

Suranis

Curt Schilling

Post by Suranis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:40 am

Outspoken former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is weighing a bid to unseat Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren when she comes up for re-election in 2018.

In an interview Monday with WRKO's "The Kuhner Report," Schilling said he had begun to seriously consider a political career and that one job had caught his eye.

"I thought about it, and one of the things I would like to do is be one of the people responsible for getting Elizabeth Warren out of politics," he said. "I think she's a nightmare and I think that the Left is holding her up as the second coming of Hillary Clinton, but Lord knows we don't even need the first one."

Schilling, a sports hero in Boston after helping the 2004 Red Sox to their first World Series title in 86 years, said the decision would hinge on advice from campaign experts and "a conversation with the boss," his wife, Shonda.
Asked about the ongoing presidential race, Schilling affirmed his support for Donald Trump, but did say he was "not happy at how (Trump) has projected himself at different places and different times."

His comments Monday marked the second time in a little more than a week Schilling had suggested he would consider a career in politics.
In a Facebook comment on August 7, he wrote, "I am going to run, soon."
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/16/polit ... d=27738682

I only know of this guy from his computer gaming sagas, but from I gather that he is an insufferable asshole who is very good at conning people out of money and claiming credit for other peoples work, while running companies into the ground with mismanagement and outlandish ideas. I'll toss out storys and links when I feel up to delving into the bowels of the interwebs, but to call him "Trump-like" is not out of place.

In the meantime Senator Warren will be shaking in her boots at this clown.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Curt Shilling

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:57 am

Suranis wrote:
Outspoken former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling is weighing a bid to unseat Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren when she comes up for re-election in 2018.

In an interview Monday with WRKO's "The Kuhner Report," Schilling said he had begun to seriously consider a political career and that one job had caught his eye.

"I thought about it, and one of the things I would like to do is be one of the people responsible for getting Elizabeth Warren out of politics," he said. "I think she's a nightmare and I think that the Left is holding her up as the second coming of Hillary Clinton, but Lord knows we don't even need the first one."

Schilling, a sports hero in Boston after helping the 2004 Red Sox to their first World Series title in 86 years, said the decision would hinge on advice from campaign experts and "a conversation with the boss," his wife, Shonda.
Asked about the ongoing presidential race, Schilling affirmed his support for Donald Trump, but did say he was "not happy at how (Trump) has projected himself at different places and different times."

His comments Monday marked the second time in a little more than a week Schilling had suggested he would consider a career in politics.

I only know of this guy from his computer gaming sagas, but from I gather that he is an insufferable asshole who is very good at conning people out of money and claiming credit for other peoples work, while running companies into the ground with mismanagement and outlandish ideas. I'll toss out storys and links when I feel up to delving into the bowels of the interwebs, but to call him "Trump-like" is not out of place.

Didn't know Carly had a twin brother.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:04 am

Well...he'll have a huge name recognition advantage in Mass being a world series hero. Wonder if he'll run on a bloody sock platform?

Suranis

Re: Curt Schilling

Post by Suranis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:07 am

Name corrected.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

tek

Post by tek » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:08 am

He is indeed an arrogant asshole.
And the disaster he precipitated at 38 Studios1 hasn't endeared him to anyone in southern New England.

1He says that wasn't his fault. Perfect fit for the GOP.

A truckload of bricks
In the soft morning light

dunstvangeet

Post by dunstvangeet » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:22 am

Suranis wrote:... he is an insufferable asshole who is very good at conning people out of money and claiming credit for other peoples work, while running companies into the ground with mismanagement and outlandish ideas.
I thought that guy was running for President.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 am

Oh, please let this guy run for Senate. I'd love the conservatives who worship him to find out about how he bilked Rhode Island taxpayers out of $100 million.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Da Funky Maoist

Post by Da Funky Maoist » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 am

I believe the standard conservative response is that if Rhode Island didn't want to lose $100M, it shouldn't have worn that slutty dress.

"You liked Rashomon."
"That's not how I remember it."

Geritol

Post by Geritol » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Curt Schilling is also one of those sports figures that collects "World War II" memorabilia. Invariably it seems to consist of Nazi ensignias, uniforms, and swastikas.

Those kind of collections always creep me out.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

bob

Post by bob » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Friends who worked at 38 Studios say Schilling was initially a great boss (when the money was flowing). But when things started to turn south, he became the asshole who eventually stiffed everyone.

In other words, no ability to lead when leadership was needed the most.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:33 am

Suranis wrote:

He'll be as successful as Lynn Swann was running for governor of PA.

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:40 am

magdalen77 wrote:He'll be as successful as Lynn Swann was running for governor of PA.
I hope so because I'd hate to see Curt Schilling do as well as Jim Bunning did.

Return to “U.S. Senate”