Paul Ryan headed for the exits ...

Foggy

Re: BREAKING - Paul Ryan headed for the exits ...

Post by Foggy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:44 am

Some of my premises may be a little shaky, I admit that 100%.

But y'all changing the subject is highly suspicious. :think: :confused:

... and my conclusion stands unchallenged - Ryan is being forced out, and it makes no sense to think he's leaving because suddenly he wants to be Father of the Year instead of a grasping Tea Turd.

That's my rulin'. :boxing:

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

bob

Post by bob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 pm

FOX: Paul Ryan endorses Kevin McCarthy to be next House speaker:
House Speaker Paul Ryan on Friday endorsed House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy to succeed him as House speaker when Ryan steps down at the end of the year.

In an interview with NBC, Ryan said that "we all think that Kevin is the right person."

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 pm

With any luck, there won't be ANY Republican as House Majority Leader next year. :pray:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Foggy wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:44 am
Some of my premises may be a little shaky, I admit that 100%.

But y'all changing the subject is highly suspicious. :think: :confused:

... and my conclusion stands unchallenged - Ryan is being forced out, and it makes no sense to think he's leaving because suddenly he wants to be Father of the Year instead of a grasping Tea Turd.

That's my rulin'. :boxing:
If we disagree you would have heard from us. We agree, at least I do. Sumpin' jest ain't right 'bout that boy. :confused:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:07 pm

bob wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 pm
FOX: Paul Ryan endorses Kevin McCarthy to be next House speaker:
House Speaker Paul Ryan on Friday endorsed House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy to succeed him as House speaker when Ryan steps down at the end of the year.

In an interview with NBC, Ryan said that "we all think that Kevin is the right person."
Is it me, or is getting nominated to replace a Republican Speaker a lot like getting nominated to be Mick Shrimpton's replacement?

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:43 am
So Trump quits or gets impeached and convicted and Pence becomes POTUS. Intriguing question: whom does he nominate as the new Veep? My guess is in the spoiler. Guess before you peek. Remember, the new Veep would have to be approved by both House and Senate.
► Show Spoiler
I doubt that. Evangelicals hate Mormons. It's a fiery, all-encompassing hatred, as in, Evangelical kids aren't allowed to play with Mormon kids at recess. As far as Pence and his used ilk are concerned, we're all the anti-Christ. At least the Joos serve a purpose in their warped little world, since you all have to bring on Armageddon, but is Mormons are just little devils walking around in people costumes.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 pm

McCarthy is the guy who was selected to replace Boehner, but was soundly rejected by enough of the conservatives in the House to keep the vote off the floor. They literally had to beg Paul Ryan to run and he only got the votes he needed after Boehner threatened to stay on. Something tells me they'll vote as they were told to this time around.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 pm
With any luck, there won't be ANY Republican as House Majority Leader next year. :pray:
Edit: :oops: Meant to write no Republican as Speaker of the House next year. Also too, not as Majority Leader either. :oops:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:17 am

Pesach 'Pace' Lattin ⏺
@pacelattin
The reason @SpeakerRyan is resigning is that Michael Cohen helped raised money with him -- and Ryan has been told that Cohen recorded some of their conversations about raising money for Trump and the @GOP

Ryan knows its going to come out.

They are ALL GOING DOWN.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:22 am

Mikedunford wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:07 pm
Is it me, or is getting nominated to replace a Republican Speaker a lot like getting nominated to be Mick Shrimpton's replacement?
That might be because you can't really dust for vomit.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:00 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:17 am

Pesach 'Pace' Lattin ⏺
@pacelattin
The reason @SpeakerRyan is resigning is that Michael Cohen helped raised money with him -- and Ryan has been told that Cohen recorded some of their conversations about raising money for Trump and the @GOP

Ryan knows its going to come out.

They are ALL GOING DOWN.
Sounds like another rumor monger.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:46 am

You may well be right.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:15 am

In June 2016 Kevin McCarthy was caught on tape saying, “There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump. Swear to God.”

“No leaks … This is how we know we’re a real family here. . . what’s said in the family stays in the family.” replied House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Me, I'm convinced the RNC and many if not most of the high-ranking Republicans holding office have gotten money and/or colluded with Putin, too, which is why they're so chary of the investigation: it's not just Trump, it's potentially the future of the entire GOP. And Ryan's eventually going to find himself either being shown to have taken money, or to be asked under oath what did he know, and when did he know it.

I think some of the players are calculating that there'll be so many accused who could possibly face criminal charges, getting out of active politics might be enough to protect them from that fate, because when indictments come down, they'll most likely focus on those still in office.

Foggy

Re: Paul Ryan headed for the exits ...

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:21 pm

Removed the word BREAKING from the title of the thread. :idea:

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:46 pm

Foggy wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:21 pm
Removed the word BREAKING from the title of the thread. :idea:
Thanks, El Foggy.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am

Wuerker041718.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Image Image Image Image Image

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 pm

Ryan dumps House Chaplain.

Melanie Zanona

@MZanona

UPDATE: A bipartisan group of lawmakers are planning to send a letter to Ryan requesting info on Conroy’s dismissal... Catholic lawmakers in BOTH parties are furious that his retirement was not voluntary.
http://
thehill.com/homenews/house
/385035-house-chaplain-forced-out-by-ryan

2:58 PM - Apr 26, 2018
House Chaplain Patrick Conroy’s sudden resignation has sparked a furor on Capitol Hill, with sources in both parties saying he was pushed out by Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).

Conroy’s own resignation announcement stated that it was done at Ryan’s request.

“As you have requested, I hereby offer my resignation as the 60th Chaplain of the United States House of Representatives,” the April 15 letter to Ryan, obtained by The Hill, states.

Through his office, Conroy, who has served as chaplain since 2011, declined to comment on Thursday. His resignation is effective May 24.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

bob

Post by bob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm

A second Democratic aide said Conroy’s ouster was “largely driven by a speech on the tax bill that the Speaker didn't like.” But the source also offered a second reason.

“Some of the more conservative evangelical Republicans didn't like that the Father had invited a Muslim person to give the opening prayer,” the source said.

Carl von Ossietsky

Post by Carl von Ossietsky » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:21 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:13 pm
Ryan dumps House Chaplin.

Now, that's (I guess unvoluntarily ) funny (at least for me).

будем здоровы!

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm
A second Democratic aide said Conroy’s ouster was “largely driven by a speech on the tax bill that the Speaker didn't like.” But the source also offered a second reason.

“Some of the more conservative evangelical Republicans didn't like that the Father had invited a Muslim person to give the opening prayer,” the source said.
Well, at least it didn't involve molesting children. Because that's immediately what I start wondering about when I see Catholic clergy suddenly resigning.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

bob

Post by bob » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:17 pm

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:07 pm
Well, at least it didn't involve molesting children. Because that's immediately what I start wondering about when I see Catholic clergy suddenly resigning.
Ironically, the chaplin's hiring was delayed due to allegations that his order had paid this kind of hush money (regarding other priests in the order).

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:00 pm

*Sigh* :roll:

Apparently the "speech" that Ryan didn't like was actually a Prayer that the Tax cuts would not screw over the Country too badly.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:13 pm

I can see where that might not set too well with Lyin' Ryan, considering that he has to know it will do exactly that.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:51 pm

Scott Wong

@scottwongDC

NEW: @RepublicanStudy Chair @RepMarkWalker says next House chaplain should have a family to better relate to lawmakers; Catholics in House are infuriated by the remarks
http://
thehill.com/homenews/house
/385097-conservative-leader-next-house-chaplain-should-have-a-family#.WuJRX4amI_k.twitter

5:26 PM - Apr 26, 2018
I think the next House Chaplin should be an atheist so as to not favor any one religious group in Congress. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm

@scottwongDC

NEW: @RepublicanStudy Chair @RepMarkWalker says next House chaplain should have a family to better relate to lawmakers; Catholics in House are infuriated by the remarks
Good. We need more of these sects maniacs spouting off to keep the Christians divided. The (solely christian) Religious Right has used abortion politics and the imaginary Muslim Menace as tools to unite Christian sects who'd otherwise still be doing what they traditionally do - depict each other as the Great Satan. It's better for the country to have them attacking each other, instead of working towards making the US a christian theocracy.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”