Hitting Home PAC - “Politics Of The Everyday”

Addie

Hitting Home PAC - “Politics Of The Everyday”

Post by Addie » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:28 am

BuzzFeed
Democratic Mayor Launches PAC Aimed At “Politics Of The Everyday”

Pete Buttigieg, the 35-year-old mayor of South Bend, Indiana, is pursuing a new ambition in national politics: changing the vocabulary of the Democratic Party.

Buttigieg, known as Mayor Pete, is forming a PAC called "Hitting Home," with the goal of reorienting the party, its policies, and its rhetoric around a single message: that Democrats strive to "protect and support people going about their lives."

"There is no policy area that can’t be talked about in these terms," Buttigieg said during a recent interview at a bar in Manhattan's Herald Square. "It's the same reason I’m philosophical about waste water and filling pot holes — and it’s the same reason I care about equality issues and wage issues and health care."

The PAC, Buttigieg's first major political effort since his campaign for chair of the Democratic National Committee, will work toward “a renewed politics of the everyday" — a way of articulating message and policy in terms that are personal, not ideological.

“At the end of the day, if you wanted to fit [those policies] on a left-right spectrum, it's going to bring you to core progressive beliefs," Buttigieg said. "But I don’t think that’s the best frame."

"If we can get back to people's lives, it kind of frees us from [ideological labels]."

¡Sterngard! come home.

MRich

Re: Hitting Home PAC - “Politics Of The Everyday”

Post by MRich » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Pete Buttigieg was a guest on Seth Meyers' show last week. Seems pretty smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIX8hyn53o

Return to “Elections 2018”