Journalists: Obama administration most 'dangerous' to media in history

IndEx

Postby IndEx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

A free an unbiased press is essential to liberty. Much of the liberal media is compliant and refuses to criticize the Obama administration. But for those who report the truth, this administration is anything but transparent. It is dangerous. Many liberal journalists agree, and they are beginning to speak out. The only question is, what took so long?

anotherparadox

Postby anotherparadox » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:49 pm

This is utter nonsense and posting new subject matters with your nonsense should get you sent to the FEMA camp.

realist

Postby realist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:51 pm

This is utter nonsense and posting new subject matters with your nonsense should get you sent to the FEMA camp.

So people can only post what some wish them to?

That's not the way this place works.

IndEx

Postby IndEx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:52 pm

This article quote journalists and their true opinions about the opacity of the Obama administration? How is that nonsense?

IndEx

Postby IndEx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm

Thank you, realist.

anotherparadox

Postby anotherparadox » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:57 pm

When it is birther related, it should. This particular subject is not birther related but the other thread he started is.

ducktape

Postby ducktape » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 pm

When it is birther related, it should. This particular subject is not birther related but the other thread he started is.

:yeah: He's birfing in the other thread and should be invited to his own little forum to play where he can birf all he wants.

IMHO.

realist

Postby realist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 pm

This forum and PJ before it was created due to birther-related subject matter.

Family Liberty Patriot

Postby Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 pm

A Birfoon who can spell?!

Shhh... Don't spook him!
"Trump/Palin 2016: Because it is what America deserves." -TBogg

"I think what Trump has done is tap into people's desire to have a second-tier Batman villain run the country." - Andy Richter

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Postby Dallasite » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:18 pm

I thought Birthers were welcome to post in the regular forum, provided they followed the same rules the rest of the community abides by.

realist

Postby realist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:22 pm

I thought Birthers were welcome to post in the regular forum, provided they followed the same rules the rest of the community abides by.

Exactly.

Part of the reason the FEMA Camp was created was due to members who could not and would not abide by the rules of the forum.

IndEx

Postby IndEx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm not a "birther." I just happen to believe there are unanswered questions. Like the one I posed earlier that no one will respond to: Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years? That is an indisputable fact. All I have ever said is that a full, transparent, serious investigation be allowed to go forward so the issue can be put to rest once and for all. Why are so many people so vehemently opposed to that happening. Afraid of what might be dug up?

Slartibartfast

Postby Slartibartfast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:30 pm

Well, he's clearly birfing in the other thread (unless one believes there is legitimate doubt that President Obama was born in Hawai'i) and history suggests that he's just trolling us here.

Realist,

I would point out that another reason why "Under the Bridge" (the precursor to FEMA Camp 7 1/2) was created was to quarantine the intellectually dishonest (that is certainly what I was arguing for in the discussions which led to its creation).

Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:32 pm

I'm not a "birther." I just happen to believe there are unanswered questions. Like the one I posed earlier that no one will respond to: [hlyellow]Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years?[/hlyellow] That is an indisputable fact. All I have ever said is that a full, transparent, serious investigation be allowed to go forward so the issue can be put to rest once and for all. Why are so many people so vehemently opposed to that happening. Afraid of what might be dug up?

Why don't you investigate that? You should be able to find her statement on the internet.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

anotherparadox

Postby anotherparadox » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years?

The person that wrote the bio said they made a mistake. People do make mistakes. The mistake was not discovered for 15 years. It happens. It is quite possible that the publicist thought the book was written by Obama's father since the person that wrote the bio did not know Barack Obama II personally.

Regardless, a bio is not used to establish a birth place. A birth certificate is and the state of Hawaii has already vouched for Obama's numerous times.

Slartibartfast

Postby Slartibartfast » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm not a "birther." I just happen to believe there are unanswered questions. Like the one I posed earlier that no one will respond to: Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years? That is an indisputable fact. All I have ever said is that a full, transparent, serious investigation be allowed to go forward so the issue can be put to rest once and for all. Why are so many people so vehemently opposed to that happening. Afraid of what might be dug up?

Not afraid of anything---just disgusted by your hypocritical standard, willful ignorance of the US Constitution (which makes the Hawai'i Department of Health the ultimate authority on who was born in Hawai'i) and obvious prejudice against President Obama.

bob

Postby bob » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm not a "birther." I just happen to believe there are unanswered questions.

Which makes you a birther. Congratulations.

Like the one I posed earlier that no one will respond to: Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years?

Asked and answered (in 2012): "This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time."

Why are so many people so vehemently opposed to that happening. Afraid of what might be dug up?

Not afraid; it is just an unnecessary distraction to real problems.

verbalobe

Postby verbalobe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:40 pm

Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years? That is an indisputable fact.

Like the OP link, this assertion is arrant nonsense. The way you phrase it makes it sound as if a conscious decision was made to conduct an activity ("promotion") and that this same decision was made repeatedly (annually? monthly?) over the course of time. Which is as close to a lie as one can come and still be technically true. The "indisputable fact" is that a single error was made, which nobody caught for 15 years. There was never ANY conscious decision to "promote" a "Kenyan birthplace."

The OP link is nonsense to any intelligent reader. The "factual" segments are all distilled from the Washington Post, so why wouldn't one go to the Post and read the whole thing with context and nuance? It's totally cherry-picked. Then the intervening paragraphs with conclusory statements are bunk. This is faux journalism of the most craven sort, and not intended to truly inform a thinking person whatsoever, but only reinforce an existing bias or outrage.

"The Obama administration is up to its eyeballs in scandals, and President Obama's impeachable offenses list continues to grow. "

Hunh?? Name one.

Is the administration so thin-skinned when it comes to criticism of the president's handling of this matter that it puts poll numbers ahead of the safety of American citizens? It would seem so.

Really?? The only explanation for limiting access on a given issue is "thin-skinnedness" or concern for polls? I can easily think of a half-dozen alternative explanations. Talk about strawman arguments.

nbc

Postby nbc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Index has made some poorly informed claims about indictable offenses, but what he forgets to observe is that just because he disagree with our President's policies, that those policies do not make impeachable offenses.

The reason IndEx and others are so upset is because they realize that our President has been incredibly effective in moving several of his policies forward, making game changing progress in areas of health care access.

All this in spite of a very reluctant congress, whose sole goal has been to deny our president any successes. And they failed, miserably.

As long as Index refuses to recognize that the State of Hawaii has provided the documents and the certifications of President Obama's birth on US soil and that in spite of a multi-year long 'investigation' Sheriff Arpaio and his Clown posse have found nothing that suggests that our President is not eligible.

Now, the best seems to be 'his editor made a mistake' and never corrected it.

By the weaknesses of their arguments their true nature shall be known

nbc

Postby nbc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:09 pm

Hear hear, we expose ignorance, even when it means repeating the facts that have been established many years ago.

nbc

Postby nbc » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13 pm

As to 'most dangerous to the media', it involves the pursuit of leaks within the government which are used to undermine public policy. The media has all the right to pursue information, however they may find themselves having to explain themselves is court.

The transparency of our government has improved immensely on one hand, and the pursuit of leakers has been increased as well. If people want to break the law as 'whistleblowers' then by all means let them do so, and let them understand that our government has the right and duty to pursue such violations of law as the cost of many of these actions can be quite immense to the well being of our nation.

It's a fine balance between access and responsibilities.

Under Obama, the Espionage Act has been used to mount felony prosecutions against six government employees and two contractors accused of leaking classified information to the press, including Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning and Edward Snowden. In all previous administrations, there had been just three such prosecutions.

Still more criminal investigations into leaks are under way, the report points out. In one of them, a Fox news reporter was accused of "being an 'aider, abettor and/or conspirator' of an indicted leak defendant, exposing him to possible prosecution for doing his job as a journalist."

Ah, but there lies the beauty: while some may believe that it is the job of a journalist to report on information, most reputable journalists also understand that they have a duty when reporting, to not do harm. Too many so called 'reporters' believe that the story has become more important than the effects it has leading to intrusions on privacy of others, under the excuse of 'doing their jobs'.

Where were these so called journalist when we were being lied to about the wars? What happened to reporting the facts rather than spinning the facts?

If and when a journalist breaks the law, then he/she should be willing to take the consequences of doing so and not whine about it.

realist

Postby realist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Why did Obama's publicist promote him as being "born in Kenya" for over 15 years? That is an indisputable fact.

Which the publicist answered long ago. That is also an indisputable fact.

It's also indisputable fact that it doesn't matter what some publicist said (even if they believed it) as it's also indisputable fact Obama was born in Hawaii. So what a publicist may or may not print or say doesn't make one whit of difference, based on the indisputable evidence and proof otherwise.

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:17 pm

The Publicist did not publicise that he was born in Kenya for 15 years. The Publicist printed on error on a flyer that was NOT published, but was actually sent to other publishers to introduce their authors. It was not publicly available and was rarely read.

So now that we have answered that, can you explain why the same publicist published the wrong hear that Tipp O'Neal became speaker? its in the same "publication" and since you assert that its 100% true, then Tipp himself published a wrong year for the year he became speaker for 15 years. Can you explain that to us?

Have you tried the Internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it.

realist

Postby realist » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

All I have ever said is that a full, transparent, serious investigation be allowed to go forward so the issue can be put to rest once and for all. Why are so many people so vehemently opposed to that happening. Afraid of what might be dug up?

No one here that I know is opposed to a legitimate investigation going forward. It's that it's not necessary. Hawaii answered the only relevant question to his eligibility. Several times.

Several courts have responded to the eligibility question and have specifically held that Obama is eligible under the Constitution.

What else do you need.

And Arpaio/Zullo investigation is, without any doubt, not a legitimate investigation. Or if you think it is, then there is a legitimate investigation being undertaken. But if you think that, or if anyone thinks that's a legitimate investigation, they are beyond delusional, just based on what's public knowledge about it.

Hektor

Postby Hektor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:27 pm

The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. [highlight='yellow']Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.[/highlight]

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/06/us/first-black-elected-to-head-harvard-s-law-review.html

So was the New York Times in 1990 in on it too? Or out of all people in the universe, is an employee at an author's book publisher the authoritative body in determining where one is born?

Return to “Current Events”