Onward Together: Swing Left / Emerge America / Color Of Change / Indivisible / Run For Something #TheResistance

listeme

Re: Onward Together: Swing Left / Emerge America / Color Of Change / Indivisible / Run For Something #TheResistance

Post by listeme » Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am

I quibble with your quibble. :blink:

In fact, I think she would have won in 2008 had she won the primary. (And anti-bush sentiment would have been a factor, just as anti-obama sentiment would have been a factor for anyone in 2016. Etc. Alternate timeline predictions are notoriously tricky, of course. And not at ALL btw, if anyone thinks Biden would have had an easy time, what with being a co-conspirator to the evils of Obama, I want to know what they're smoking.)

In fact, I think she would have won in a difficult year (2016) without some of the nefarious crap. She is not perfect, but here's my quibble-thesis I guess: she's not uniquely imperfect and she's no MORE imperfect than any of the 2016 participants or any considering 2020.

She was a fine candidate.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

TollandRCR

Re: Onward Together: Swing Left / Emerge America / Color Of Change / Indivisible / Run For Something #TheResistance

Post by TollandRCR » Wed May 17, 2017 6:12 pm

I did not intend to derail this discussion into yet another argument about why Hillary Clinton was or was not a fine candidate. I would encourage a discussion of how the five groups and Upward Together can aid the Democratic Party to become the majority party again. If that does not happen, I worry.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 17, 2017 7:28 pm

I campaigned for her after she became the nominee; I canvassed for her; I voted for her. I was certain she was going to win.

But I think it would be a disaster if she becomes the nominee in 2020. If Trump can beat her, anyone can. Who's next, Joe the (Not Really a) Plumber? Alex Jones? April the Giraffe?
♪ ♫ Human kindness is overflowin',
And I think it's goin'
To rain today. ♫ ♪

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Concur. Running her again would be a collossal mistake.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Everbody hide your nomination slips and your signs and your whatever the hells, because that tricky horrible lady always sneaks in and tries to run for president, even if she's pretending she's doing good stuff like boosting younger politicians and summat.

You can't trust that one! There's just something about her.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed May 17, 2017 7:36 pm

I don't think anyone is suggesting Clinton as the 20/20 nominee.
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 17, 2017 7:38 pm

Suranis wrote:I don't think anyone is suggesting Clinton as the 20/20 nominee.
It's very important that every time Clinton is mentioned as doing anything at all that EVERYONE say sternly "she should not run again!" Otherwise, the demons of hell will descend and she will run and then we'll have trump again.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Dogs will marry cats! Or even live in sin!!!
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:37 pm

I think she should mentor some younger lady candy dates and maybe serve as SoS again.
♪ ♫ Human kindness is overflowin',
And I think it's goin'
To rain today. ♫ ♪

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 pm

listeme wrote:Everbody hide your nomination slips and your signs and your whatever the hells, because that tricky horrible lady always sneaks in and tries to run for president, even if she's pretending she's doing good stuff like boosting younger politicians and summat.

Sarcasm?

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Foggy wrote:I think she should mentor some younger lady candy dates and maybe serve as SoS again Attorney General.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 pm

June bug wrote:
Foggy wrote:I think she should mentor some younger lady candy dates and maybe serve as SoS again Attorney General.
Great ideas. Since she has already served as SoS I think AG would be perfect. :thumbs:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 17, 2017 9:03 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
listeme wrote:Everbody hide your nomination slips and your signs and your whatever the hells, because that tricky horrible lady always sneaks in and tries to run for president, even if she's pretending she's doing good stuff like boosting younger politicians and summat.

Sarcasm?
Yeah, and not very well done at that :). Long long day and tired typing, I think!

I was going for funny and ended up somewhere crabby-sounding.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 pm

RVInit wrote:
June bug wrote:
Great ideas. Since she has already served as SoS I think AG would be perfect. :thumbs:
Especially given that one of her first jobs was with the Watergate Committee. ;)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 pm

listeme wrote:
RoadScholar wrote:

Sarcasm?
Yeah, and not very well done at that :). Long long day and tired typing, I think!

I was going for funny and ended up somewhere crabby-sounding.
Not really. I was 90% sure it was.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed May 17, 2017 9:23 pm

June bug wrote:
RVInit wrote:
June bug wrote:
Especially given that one of her first jobs was with the Watergate Committee. ;)

:lol:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Your voices are being heard, I'm sorry I haven't had time to write a proper reply, hope to over the weekend. Tomorrow morning I'm meeting with Nancy Pelosi and really looking forward to it. Just wanted to post a fast note to say thank you for the feedback and more to follow.
As Clinton emerges from the woods, what will her role be?
Originally published May 25, 2017 at 10:59 am Updated May 25, 2017 at 11:16 am
By JOCELYN NOVECK
The Associated Press

Forty-eight years after she gave her first commencement address at Wellesley College, Hillary Clinton returns on Friday to offer another — and once again, she’s at a crossroads in her life.
“I think she’s basically closed the door on ever running again,” says Melanne Verveer, Clinton’s longtime friend and chief of staff from her first lady years who also worked with her at the State Department. But she adds emphatically: “She’s not going to recede. You’re going to continue to see her engaged on issues that she is passionate about and has played a leadership role in. She will be out there … but not as that public candidate. So it’s a new place.”
“Hillary Clinton should be free to do anything she wants,” feminist author and leader Gloria Steinem wrote in an email, including “walking in the woods with her grandchildren.”

“I think she owes us nothing and we owe her everything — especially gratitude, respect and the right to be free.”
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl ... r-role-be/
From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 pm

I think the nation missed an opportunity to have two great presidents. President Obama had a background in the Illinois legislature, neighborhood activism, and two years in the U.S. Senate. I think he would have been a greater President of he had had more experience in Washington. Hillary Clinton was prepared to be President (although with many enemies) and should have won in 2008. Assuming that she served two terms, President Obama would have been ready to beat Donald Trump in 2016.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 am

TollandRCR wrote:I think the nation missed an opportunity to have two great presidents. President Obama had a background in the Illinois legislature, neighborhood activism, and two years in the U.S. Senate. I think he would have been a greater President of he had had more experience in Washington. Hillary Clinton was prepared to be President (although with many enemies) and should have won in 2008. Assuming that she served two terms, President Obama would have been ready to beat Donald Trump in 2016.
Hell, why not go for three? If the SCOTUS had just stayed out of Florida's business in 2000 things may never have gotten to the point where someone like Trump was electable.

Orlylicious,

Looking forward to hearing about your meeting with Nancy Pelosi!
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

SLQ

Post by SLQ » Wed May 31, 2017 3:49 pm

I'm watching Hillary live on MSNBC addressing the tech conference, and it is fascinating. She is all over the Mercers and the whole Russian cyber operation, Guccifer, wikileaks, Facebook bots, etc.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed May 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Here's the live stream and it'll be archived --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgdJlzu ... e=youtu.be
From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Wed May 31, 2017 4:18 pm

SLQ wrote:I'm watching Hillary live on MSNBC addressing the tech conference, and it is fascinating. She is all over the Mercers and the whole Russian cyber operation, Guccifer, wikileaks, Facebook bots, etc.
There are quite a few things about Clinton that I dislike. Her intelligence has never been one of them. She's got a once-in-a-generation mind, the self-awareness to (usually) grasp what she doesn't know, and the ability to get up to speed on something really damn fast.

I hope she's able to find ways to help develop some of those skills in the next generation of leaders.
1 Cranch 137, 177

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Wed May 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Thanks, Orlilicious. That was quite good. Her ability to express her world view and share her opinions is incredible. I think her perspectives are invaluable.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:

Return to “Elections 2018”