Is it open season on Cops??? 2 NC Deputys Shot

AnitaMaria

Postby AnitaMaria » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

A "natural assumption" is not the same as "know for sure."

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Based on what little we do know and the area all this happened in, my WAG is something along the lines of white supremacists.

Mine too Sugar.

Of course, with Bogalusa only an hour or so away, it may be KKK-related too.

borealis

Postby borealis » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:00 pm

My number one suspect- Sovereign CitizensSounds like their MO.http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/september-2011/sovereign-citizens[edit]Could be a nutty fringe militia group too. Also.[/edit]

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:05 pm

No it's not, but can you think of any other scenario where several people would be in a residence at 5 in the morning answering the door to the cops?You can also pick up a bunch of "assumptions" from cops and scanners without it being "official" information released to the public too. So I'm going with the assumption that at least one of the suspects actually lived there although I don't know that for a fact.

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Drug raid. Randomly selected household with a slightly higher than normal FLIR signature. Somebody at that address bought 1 too many packets of Sudafed. Stupid informant looking for revenge.Any one of them happen far far far far more often than SC's getting stupid.

AnitaMaria

Postby AnitaMaria » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 pm

No it's not, but can you think of any other scenario where several people would be in a residence at 5 in the morning answering the door to the cops?You can also pick up a bunch of "assumptions" from cops and scanners without it being "official" information released to the public too. So I'm going with the assumption that at least one of the suspects actually lived there although I don't know that for a fact.

I'm not going to play the game of speculating based on incomplete information with assumptions being substituted for facts. I just wanted to point out to those of you who are playing this game that this is what you are doing.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm

Drug raid. Randomly selected household with a slightly higher than normal FLIR signature. Somebody at that address bought 1 too many packets of Sudafed. Stupid informant looking for revenge.

Any one of them happen far far far far more often than SC's getting stupid.

Are you even paying attention or are you so consumed with hate for cops or the drugs you advocate so vocally for that you've lost touch with reality?

The initial cop was fired on (8 or 9 times, according to the witness audio) and wounded at a completely different location and the suspect was chased to the trailer park. There was no drug raid, no informant, no shooting of innocent citizens. The cops were AMBUSHED with multiple weapons, by multiple suspects, in multiple locations, and two of the cops wound up dead. None of the suspects are dead as far as we know.

SCs are already stupid 24/7/365.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm

I'm not going to play the game of speculating based on incomplete information with assumptions being substituted for facts. I just wanted to point out to those of you who are playing this game that this is what you are doing.

Not really, but if what I was told turns out to be inaccurate once more information is released officially, I will happily apologize, publically and sincerely.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 pm

If anyone is wondering why I was posting a bit concerning the Police as targets...

THIS HAPPENED JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM ME - Looks like a Suicide By Cop or Copicide.

My house is within pistol range, but it would have to be a hell of a shot

Scary shit folks. I drove past his house about 11:15 yesterday, & he was walking back an forth in his driveway. It didn't seem out of the ordinary for out here. He was just walking around...

[/break1]theolympian.com/2012/08/15/2215036/littlerock-area-man-shot-dead.html]Neighbor of Mine Shot Dead After Shooting at Co Sheriff.

An elderly man who fired at law enforcement about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday was shot and killed when officers returned fire, according to Thurston County Sheriff’s Lt. Greg Elwin.

The 70-year-old man was distraught over his wife’s recent cancer death, neighbors said. His name is being withheld until the Thurston County coroner notifies family members.

The man had been acting erratically earlier in the morning, standing in the street and blocking traffic near his home in the area of Maytown and Littlerock roads, witnesses said. The man also fired a rifle at a passing driver, a witness said.

According to Elwin:

Deputies were dispatched about 11:45 a.m. The first to arrive told the man to drop his weapon, but the man instead fled to his home. The man then fired at deputies, and some rounds struck Littlerock Elementary School across the stree

"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Drug raid. Randomly selected household with a slightly higher than normal FLIR signature. Somebody at that address bought 1 too many packets of Sudafed. Stupid informant looking for revenge.Any one of them happen far far far far more often than SC's getting stupid.

Are you even paying attention or are you so consumed with hate for cops or the drugs you advocate so vocally for that you've lost touch with reality?.

I hadn't noticed any hatred from me for the police. I only have a problem with those that abuse their authority and the ones that cover up for them. And the War On Some Drugs is the most racist policy post-Civil War this country has engaged in, so ya, I'm not all that much a fan of it.But please, keep putting words on my keyboard I haven't typed.

There was no drug raid, no informant, no shooting of innocent citizens. The cops were AMBUSHED with multiple weapons, by multiple suspects, in multiple locations, and two of the cops wound up dead. None of the suspects are dead as far as we know.

Assumes facts not in evidence and I reject it out of hand until facts are presented.

SCs are already stupid 24/7/365

Maybe, maybe not. They're far less violent than the police are, however.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Assumes facts not in evidence and I reject it out of hand until facts are presented.

Yes, multiple local and state police agencies, national media outlets, random witnesses, the spokesman for Valero, an entire school, the Life-Flite copter that took the officer away from the parking lot, several hospital administrations and God knows who else is just making this story up for shits and giggles. Boy will they be embarassed when people expect a funeral and they have no bodies to bury. At least the 6 kids will be happy.You would make a great birther with that logic.

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Not a birfer, don't believe the minimum of the truth is available to pass judgement yet.I appreciate the effort, but I'll be just fine typing in what I believe without your assistance.Meh.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:09 pm

If anyone is wondering why I was posting a bit concerning the Police as targets...

THIS HAPPENED JUST DOWN THE STREET FROM ME - Looks like a Suicide By Cop or Copicide.

My house is within pistol range, but it would have to be a hell of a shot

Scary shit folks. I drove past his house about 11:15 yesterday, & he was walking back an forth in his driveway. It didn't seem out of the ordinary for out here. He was just walking around...

That is scary, and sad in a way. And he wouldn't have to be a hell of a shot to hit your house either, just random.

It's situations just like this that make Popeye's arguments so infuriating. I think it was Dave Muckey (or Mike, maybe?) that had an extended discussion with him about wanting/needing to know if your neighbors are armed. This is a pretty good argument for that being reasonable.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Sugar has really good cred with me anyway. I have found that she does know of what she is speaking. She also lives next door (MS) to the incident in question. I think I will go with her. Besides, I am so much of a sucker for that southern accent :xo , that I had to go get a Texas girl and drag her up here. 8-)
anon--

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:12 pm

Not a birfer, don't believe the minimum of the truth is available to pass judgement yet.I appreciate the effort, but I'll be just fine typing in what I believe without your assistance.Meh.

And of course, that was your response in the Ark. case also. Is that level of hypocrisy painful or just benign?

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:14 pm

His house is not within Maximum effective range of a pistol, but you're right. I am within the danger zone of maximum range even if it was a .22 (one mile max range).Max effective range is that distance at which you can hit a target.Maximum range is that distance at which you can still poke a hole through the older Army Helmet (Steel Pot).Looked at my house real good, and fortunately I didn't find any holes.
anon--

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 pm

I don't believe a black man in Arkansas shot himself in the back of a police cruiser. Especially with missing dashboard recordings.I don't know what happened in this case but I do know almost no verified facts are available.I don't do hypocrisy, it doesn't suit me.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:17 pm

I don't believe a black man in Arkansas shot himself in the back of a police cruiser. Especially with missing dashboard recordings.I don't know what happened in this case but I do know almost no verified facts are available.I don't do hypocrisy, it doesn't suit me.

Suit yourself, [edit]forgot foggy's rules of order, pardon me please.[/edit]
anon--

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm

[/break1]wdam.com/story/19294247/2-sheriffs-deputies-dead-2-hurt-in-la-shootout]Update from Hattiesburg, MS TV

Five people - both male and female - are in custody, and two of them are hospitalized, authorities said.They said both wounded deputies and both wounded suspects are expected to survive.Police would not identify the suspects, say when they might do so, or give any details about the number of weapons used. No charges had been filed against them as of late Thursday afternoon."I had two officers ambushed - I even want to say assassinated," St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff Michael Tregre said at an afternoon news conference.

Information is slowly coming out. :-
anon--

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

From the story above...

Tregre said Nielson is survived by his wife and five children, and Jeremy Triche by his wife and 2-year-old son.

:( :cry: :cry:
anon--

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Suit yourself, [edit]forgot foggy's rules of order, pardon me please.[/edit]

PM me if you feel the need. I've been called worse on the intarwebs, far worse than that. Doesn't mean much to me, though.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:36 pm

From the story above...

Tregre said Nielson is survived by his wife and five children, and Jeremy Triche by his wife and 2-year-old son.

:( :cry: :cry:

Hence my reference to "6 happy kids" earlier.They have also said there were multiple weapons used and they have a huge area cordoned off while searching for the shell casings. The number quoted was "in excess of 20" but I don't know if that was total shots fired or just the unrecovered ones.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't believe a black man in Arkansas shot himself in the back of a police cruiser. Especially with missing dashboard recordings.

I don't know what happened in this case but I do know almost no verified facts are available.

I don't do hypocrisy, it doesn't suit me.

Suit yourself,

[edit]forgot foggy's rules of order, pardon me please.[/edit]

PM me if you feel the need. I've been called worse on the intarwebs, far worse than that. Doesn't mean much to me, though.

That was about as worse as Foggy's Rules of Disorder permit.

As I said, suit yourself.

According to the FBI, 72 law enforcement officers across the country were killed in the line of duty in 2011. That's 16 more than the year before

anon--

John Thomas8

Postby John Thomas8 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 pm

According to the FBI, 72 law enforcement officers across the country were killed in the line of duty in 2011. That's 16 more than the year before

When the Police Shoot, Who's Counting? Fox Butterfield, [/break1]commondreams.org/headlines01/0429-02.htm]commondreams.com

Seems it costs too much to bother to find out how many citizens are murdered by the police:

While the agency collects, reports, and analyzes murders and assaults where police are the victim, Carr said budgetary concerns would likely [/break1]lvrj.com/news/deadly-force/142-dead-and-rising/national-data-on-shootings-by-police-not-collected-134256308.html]preclude collecting such detailed data on shootings by police. (Alan Maimon, Las Vegas Review-Journal)

Everyone from the Justice Department to the International Association of Police Chiefs to local and state police agencies have guidelines or policies on use of deadly force. But seldom do they try to quantify and analyze trends.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 pm

When the Police Shoot, Who's Counting? Fox Butterfield, [/break1]commondreams.org/headlines01/0429-02.htm]commondreams.com

Seems it costs too much to bother to find out how many citizens are murdered by the police:

While the agency collects, reports, and analyzes murders and assaults where police are the victim, Carr said budgetary concerns would likely [/break1]lvrj.com/news/deadly-force/142-dead-and-rising/national-data-on-shootings-by-police-not-collected-134256308.html]preclude collecting such detailed data on shootings by police. (Alan Maimon, Las Vegas Review-Journal)

Everyone from the Justice Department to the International Association of Police Chiefs to local and state police agencies have guidelines or policies on use of deadly force. But seldom do they try to quantify and analyze trends.

The death is being investigated by an interagency officer-involved shooting team that includes sheriff’s detectives from neighboring counties, Elwin said.

Right at the moment, the whole town is thanking the cops as this took place directly across the street from an elementary school. Fortunately it is still summer vacation, but this would have happened during the lunch recess. I could have been a bloody massacre if this happened in 3 weeks.

Yes, THANK WHATEVER POWER OR NOT - For our local police.

And the inter-agency board has a very good reputation in this state. Seattle and Tacoma have had issues with their police in the past. Our cops down here have learned from the big town's mistakes.
anon--

Return to “Current Events”