AZ: Sheriff

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:56 am

[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/neo_nazi_who_advocated_border_landmines_launches_run_for_sheriff_in_arizona.php]TPMMuckraker

Neo-Nazi Who Advocated Border Landmines Launches Run For Sheriff in Arizona

Two years ago, he was calling for landmines to be used to stop immigrants from illegally crossing into the US from Mexico. Now, a well known Arizona neo-Nazi wants to be in charge of law enforcement in a vast swath of desert south of Phoenix.

JT Ready filed notice with elections officials in Pinal County, Ariz. last week, saying he is exploring a run for sheriff and plans to collect signatures to get on the 2012 ballot. The office is currently held by rising Republican star Paul Babeu, one of the nation’s leading border hawks. Babeu is leaving the job to run for Congress this year.

“The citizens of Pinal County are under constant threat of encountering the horrific reality of terrible violence associated with illegal immigration,” Ready wrote on his campaign website. “JT is, unquestionably, the common sense choice for sheriff when the public needs safety and security now more than ever.”

He told TPM on Monday that he respects the Democratic Party’s history, saying it was the party that brought about Jim Crow laws and Alabama’s segregationist Gov. George Wallace.http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2 ... tom_28.jpg

¡Sterngard! come home.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:21 am

A fat blow hard with a megaphone. Won't Alex Jones be jealous?

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:16 pm

He doesn't look he could pass the physical test. How could they let him be sheriff if he won?Sekrit Stuffs!
NMTOFP

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Has Arpaio endorsed him yet?

DaveMuckey

Post by DaveMuckey » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Most states require a LEO competency test to be a sheriff. Ready ain't.And that whole "Democrat" thing pains my britches.

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Most states require a LEO competency test to be a sheriff. Ready ain't.And that whole "Democrat" thing pains my britches.Some of old the old Dems may have been behind some reprehensible racial divisiveness, the modern day Right Wing of the GOP took the issue and carries it on today. Bad GOP policies don't get a pass because of 'But the Dems did it, too'. The Dems stopped using segregation and race baiting as a platform plank long ago, the GOP never stopped.

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Some of old the old Dems may have been behind some reprehensible racial divisiveness, the modern day Right Wing of the GOP took the issue and carries it on today. Bad GOP policies don't get a pass because of 'But the Dems did it, too'. The Dems stopped using segregation and race baiting as a platform plank long ago, the GOP never stopped.Actually, the GOP largely took it over from the Democrats, and the "Dixiecrats" who were the race baiters all became southern Republicans. My mom continues to remind me that when our family became active Alabama Republicans, "that was when the Republicans were the reformers, the good guys." After Goldwater and Nixon's "Southern Strategy," all the people we despised from the other side suddenly switched to being Republicans.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Some of the most racist people I've run across here in N.C. will gladly tell you they're still registered Democrats.They just don't vote for Democrats, is all.

Welcome, seeker! (There's a seeker born every minute.)

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Some of the most racist people I've run across here in N.C. will gladly tell you they're still registered Democrats.They just don't vote for Democrats, is all.LOL -- that's OK. I'm still a registered Republican (but I was slammed when I tried to switch to Democrat from "decline to state"). It does let me see what the other side sends out in their mailings, and what they're promoting.But I did vote for Damon Dunn. I just couldn't bring myself to give Orly a vote, even if it was just for fun.

MaineSkeptic

Post by MaineSkeptic » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 pm

But I did vote for Damon Dunn. I just couldn't bring myself to give Orly a vote, even if it was just for fun.I dunno. Foggy paid his Orly dues in her dental chair. You coulda paid yours in the voting booth.

Then TFB could boast an Orly patient and an Orly voter. Gotta stay ahead of the competition.

bob

Post by bob » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Then TFB could boast an Orly patient and an Orly voter.I know someone who voted for Taitz. More than once! And will again! :-

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_c/2 ... _28.jpgBoy, talk about someone who could benefit from a "homosexual Eye for the Straight Guy" makeover...

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:08 pm

What's with the blacked out face on the guy to the right?talk about creepy.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:12 pm

What's with the blacked out face on the guy to the right?talk about creepy.Terrorist criminals have good cause to want to hide their faces when they are attending a Nazi rally.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”