FL-18

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 pm

idunno what's happening.Drama continues in the Allen West-Patrick Murphy partial recount in FloridaIn South Florida, the Allen West campaign gets a partial victory with the St. Lucie County recount that will begin soon to resolve potential tabulation errors during early voting. However, the drama continues as the Supervisor of Elections in St. Lucie County is now hospitalized and state representatives are present. The TC Palm reports:About 100 people milled around Supervisor of Elections Gertrude Walker's office Saturday morning while workers set up batteries of machines to recount eight days of early voting ballots that could effect the tight District 18 congressional race between Patrick Murphy and Allen West. As of 9:55 a.m., the recount had not begun. Five Sheriff's patrol cars were parked at the entrance to the building on Okeechobee Road, where security was tight. Saturday morning, Supervisor of Elections Gertrude Walker was nowhere to be seen. Friday night it was reported she had been taken to a hospital.[/break1]com/2012/11/17/drama-continues-in-the-allen-west-patrick-murphy-partial-recount-in-florida.aspx?ref=rss]http://electionlawcenter.com/2012/11/17 ... px?ref=rssBallot recount begins in West-Murphy raceBy Christine StapletonPalm Beach Post Staff WriterThe ballot recount in the House District 18 race got under way in St. Lucie County at 10 a.m. this morning with news that attorneys for Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy had filed an emergency motion to stop the recount.Dozens of observers, mostly supporters of incumbent Republican Rep. Allen West, crowded into the recount area in a deserted former shopping mall in Fort Pierce. Some heckled St. Lucie County Commissioner and Canvassing Board member Tod Mowery as he explained the recount process to the audience.Also in attendance are three members from the U.S. House Administration Committee, who travelled from Washington, DC at the request of West to observe the recount.Meanwhile, the Republican National Lawyers Association has sent out an appeal for donations to help pay West’s attorneys’ fees.more here:[/break1]palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/recount-begins/nS8pG/]http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/ ... ins/nS8pG/Murphy's lawyers have filed a court motion to stop the action this morning. West campaign: "Murphy's efforts bring to mind the dark times in our nation's history when politicians tried to manipulate the law to suppress the votes, and we are appalled by Murphy's apparent contempt for the voting rights of citizens to have their ballots accurately and fairly tabulated."[/break1]tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/allen-west-saga-continues-recount-under-way-morning]http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz- ... ay-morningTeaBaggers have no clue how hilarious that is. No clue at all.Dems to Scott: Stop meddlingDemocrats charged Friday that Gov. Rick Scott is meddling in the U.S. Congressional race between Patrick Murphy and Republican Allen West.[/break1]typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2012/11/dems-to-scott-stop-meddling-.html]http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpol ... ling-.html

Whatever4

FL-18

Post by Whatever4 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Murphy's lawyers have filed a court motion to stop the action this morning. West campaign: "Murphy's efforts bring to mind the dark times in our nation's history when politicians tried to manipulate the law to suppress the votes, and we are appalled by Murphy's apparent contempt for the voting rights of citizens to have their ballots accurately and fairly tabulated."[/break1]tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/allen-west-saga-continues-recount-under-way-morning]http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz- ... ay-morning

They are completely irony-impaired. Those dark days were 2 weeks ago, in Florida.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Adrianinflorida

FL-18

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Where do we meet up to tell West to get out of Murphy's office? I wonder if the freepers remember thier arguments against a recount about 12 years ago.....

A Legal Lohengrin

FL-18

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Where do we meet up to tell West to get out of Murphy's office? I wonder if the freepers remember thier arguments against a recount about 12 years ago.....Perhaps Murphy should "stand his ground" and defend his life against the scary black man threatening him. Oh wait, he's not a Republican.

Suranis

FL-18

Post by Suranis » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Does west have the support of the Republican black caucus?Why are you all laughing??
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:27 pm

According to that Allen West Fan Club Facebook:Allen West Republicabout an hour agookay patriots the big recount is done. Now they have to count the 304 ballots by hand that where mysteriously lost then found that if you know what I mean. That should take probably an hour but in the meantime there starting the data uploads of the memory cards[/break1]facebook.com/AllenWestRepublic?ref=stream]https://www.facebook.com/AllenWestRepub ... reamIdunno? An article discussing some of problems encountered is here:[/break1]tcpalm.com/news/2012/nov/17/election-supervisors-around-the-state-defend/]http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/nov/17/ ... te-defend/

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 am

St. Lucie elections officials suspend recount; tally to continue at 8 a.m. Sunday[/break1]wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_lucie_county/st-lucie-elections-officials-suspend-recount-tally-to-continue-at-8-am-sunday]http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/region_st_ ... -am-sundayIt's a mess.

Highlands

FL-18

Post by Highlands » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:25 am

If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

Adrianinflorida

FL-18

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:59 am

Does west have the support of the Republican black caucus?Why are you all laughing??No, they didn't get any members elected this time for some reason :)

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 am

Allen West Republic26 minutes ago#AllenWestRecount ON THE PHONE with Gary Angelo Galiano we just had the final meeting, the man in charge was very upbeat, he said ALL VOTES have now been counted. All the memory cards from yesterday have all been uploaded except for the 6 today. That is all we have left to do, be patient, we will have no problem with the noon deadline for noon certification. All numbers have jived, everything is matching up and now we wait for a small period. THEY WILL BE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT when they all meet again, it should be soon. They expect 1/2 hour. The supervisor IS VERY upbeat! "Happy Days" was used.Allen West Republic21 minutes ago#AllenWestRecount - ONE HOUR 15 MINUTES - THE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE MADE - THEN TAKEN TO TALLAHASSEE and CERTIFIED TUESDAY. This can change FYI but this is what they are being told at this moment!!! Andrea Plescia (via phone)Allen West Republic10 minutes ago#AllenWestRecount - ATTENTION VIA - Gary Angelo Galiano -Let me explain how are to get you guys the results I will have our site open and ready to say what happened. Tanya (thats me) will be on the phone with Melinda (Gary's wife) to give her the instant results. Another person will be on the phone with John Swetland (BEST BUD & AW CHAMPION) to give him the instant results. This way you'll have it from three different people to make sure nothing goes wrong I will get back to you as we get closer[/break1]facebook.com/AllenWestRepublic?ref=stream]https://www.facebook.com/AllenWestRepublic?ref=streamIf Allen West doesn't win, I blame Obly. She shoulda been there.

Sugar Magnolia

FL-18

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Allen West Republic10 minutes ago#AllenWestRecount - Tanya (thats me) will be on the phone with Melinda (Gary's wife) to give her the instant results. Another person will be on the phone with John Swetland (BEST BUD & AW CHAMPION) to give him the instant results. This way you'll have it from three different people to make sure nothing goes wrong I will get back to you as we get closerSo we're to understand that one person with info who passes it along to other people who then tweet it out counts as multiple sources of the same info? I can't wait for this goat circus to be OVER!

Reality Check

FL-18

Post by Reality Check » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:38 pm

The word is now that St. Lucie County missed the noon certification deadline so the unofficial results become certified and Murphy wins. (This is from the Murphy camp).
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:46 pm

and they are making crap up.Allen West Republic4 minutes ago#AllenWestRecount - A Pct had - 7 registered voters in Guatemalan community and the tally showed 900 voted!!!!! - THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL YET - The commissioner has NOT announced ANYONE the winner or the numbers yet. They are STILL behind closed doors[/break1]facebook.com/AllenWestRepublic?ref=stream]https://www.facebook.com/AllenWestRepub ... reamThat's just bunk. And it's being spread. Judd @obligatoryasian@Dark_Red_Hair "In Precinct 93 there were 7 registered voters, yet 900 voted #AllenWestRecount" I wonder which way those votes went? HmmmAnd they are screaming about that.AllenWest4Congress @AllenWest4Congr#AllenWestRecount STRAIGHT FROM THE MOUTH OF THE MAN - POUND IN THIS PCT 93 ALL OVER THE WORLD WIDE WEB it needs to go viral!!!! #FRAUDI don't know all the facts. I do know that more than one precinct votes at that location. And, as we learned earlier, Florida counts cards, not voters. Multi-page ballot will result in higher number than voters. And the election results had to be certified by noon.It's noon-forty-five. [/break1]tampabay.com/incoming/amid-protests-st-lucie-county-recounts-west-murphy-ballots/1262157]http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/amid-p ... ts/1262157I hope somebody addresses that sooner than later.

listeme

FL-18

Post by listeme » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:50 pm

I went and looked at the tally that is on the St. Lucie website, and it shows six votes in precinct 93. I'm assuming there was something glitchy this morning (probably in their minds), but nowhere has there been a count of 900 for precinct 93.The precinct by precinct numbers are here: [/break1]slcelections.com/Pdf%20Docs/2012%20General/rescan/GEMS%20SOVC%20REPOR.pdf]http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf%20Docs/ ... 0REPOR.pdf
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

mimi

FL-18

Post by mimi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 pm

I went and looked at the tally that is on the St. Lucie website, and it shows six votes in precinct 93. I'm assuming there was something glitchy this morning (probably in their minds), but nowhere has there been a count of 900 for precinct 93.The precinct by precinct numbers are here: [/break1]slcelections.com/Pdf%20Docs/2012%20General/rescan/GEMS%20SOVC%20REPOR.pdf]http://www.slcelections.com/Pdf%20Docs/ ... 0REPOR.pdfthat link isn't working for me.

listeme

FL-18

Post by listeme » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 pm

I see! I saved the pdf before refreshing.Let's see what the next one says :)
Edit: I'll get Verbie to help me copy paste it, but it says 3 votes for each in precinct 93. It's the November 11 tally.
Edit: Try going this way [/break1]slcelections.com]http://www.slcelections.com and picking statement of votes cast.
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Sugar Magnolia

FL-18

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:56 pm

FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — Election officials missed a deadline Sunday to report results of a two-day recount in GOP Rep. Allen West's race to remain in Congress, apparently sealing unofficial results giving the win to Democrat Patrick Murphy.St. Lucie County did not meet a noon cutoff to finish processing 37,379 ballots cast early in the District 18 congressional election. Under Florida law, previously submitted results favoring Murphy will be certified unless an emergency exemption is granted by the state."They did this recount because they weren't confident in the outcome," said West campaign manager Tim Edson. "Now, because they missed the deadline, we're not going to know whether they were right in their concern or not."Edson said the incumbent's campaign was looking at what could be done to possibly extend the deadline and suggested the fight was not yet over.Read more: [/break1]seattlepi.com/news/article/Deadline-passes-on-recount-Murphy-presumed-victor-4047991.php#ixzz2Cb94zurm]http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/D ... z2Cb94zurm

poutine

FL-18

Post by poutine » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Just 7 registered voters in a large community on Florida's coast? Why would that sound reasonable to anyone with a brain cell?

Whatever4

FL-18

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Just 7 registered voters in a large community on Florida's coast? Why would that sound reasonable to anyone with a brain cell?Green card immigrants can't vote, right? If it's a community of Guatamalans, I would expect a lower voter turnout, but possibly voter suppression worked exceedingly well.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Adrianinflorida

FL-18

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Good thing Murphy didn't go to the Supreme Court to make them stop counting, that would have been Un-American

esseff44

FL-18

Post by esseff44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Since when are precincts set apart by country of origin or ethnicity. That's weird. Seven seems awfully small for a precinct. Not a secret ballot anymore.

Plutodog

FL-18

Post by Plutodog » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Taitz:Recently a judge denied Allen West’s petition for a full recount. I hope Allen West appeals, however FL is the 11th circuit. The level of corruption in the 11 th circuit is ven worse then the 3rd circuit, so I am sure that the Praetorian guard of Obama’s attorney-law clerks will prepare an opinion against Allen West no matter what the argument will be and his appeal will be denied in the 11th circuit. This is really a very sad state of affairs. I feel that the nightmare of the Soviet Union is back in full force. :roll: This was part of the long diatribe previously linked to the malware-ridden Taitz site in Poopies, I believe. It's the link about Orly getting calls after 11pm and not having a crystal ball, and don't call her without you gotz emergency and stuff.
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Reality Check

FL-18

Post by Reality Check » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

From West's Facebook page:They said after all info was uploaded that Murphy was the winner with the new tapes after everything was all uploaded. I am listening live with Gary. They will be posting this information soon for the public. West only gained 34 and Murphy gained 274.How many times does this asshole have to lose?
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Suranis

FL-18

Post by Suranis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:33 pm

On the plus side, after all this he will have perfect standing!
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

esseff44

FL-18

Post by esseff44 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 pm

That must have been those 300 that they found after the first count was tallied. Almost 9 to 1 in Murphy's favor. Just keep looking and stomping your foot, soon-to-be-ex- Congress Member West. Make the GOP look even better the more you act like a spoiled brat.

Return to “U.S. House of Representatives”